Unofficial Portkey Archive

Confusion by RowlingIdol
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Confusion

RowlingIdol

Confusion

By Lauren G. (aka RowlingIdol)

Author's Note: First off, I've received some reviews regarding the Ron/Hermione thing. They have NOT done `it'. She just spent the night. Now… onto the story!!!

Chapter 24: Playing House

Draco woke up sometime around noon. He stretched and yawned and rolled over, eager to snuggle up to his wife. He stuck out his arm, ready to curl it around her waist, but it fell against empty sheets. He opened his eyes and looked next to him. Ginny was gone. He groaned. She worked today. His mom wasn't home and thank Merlin Snape wasn't either. He sat up and made his way to the shower.

Half an hour later, Draco was lounging in the library with the wireless turned on, listening to the Quidditch report. Teams were looking for players now. Draco sighed and switched off the radio and went down to scrounge in the kitchen.

In the kitchen Draco opened the pantry to see what was appetizing. He picked up a nearby box.

"Soy-O's?" He said aloud. `What kind of shit did Snape buy anyways?' he thought. He threw the cereal back in the pantry. He looked near the bottom of the pantry and found something more pleasing.

Ginny came home early today. She kicked off her pumps as usual and the house elves rushed out to collect them and her coat.

"I've got them." She tried to tell them, but they yanked her coat out of her hands, bowed, and hurried away to put them back in her room. Ginny sighed and wandered upstairs. She could hear the wireless in the library. She poked her head in.

Draco was occupying Snape's favorite chair and had his face hidden behind a book. There were bottles of Butterbeer littered around his feet.

"I'm home." She said from the doorway. Draco lowered his book and Ginny started to giggle.

"What?" He asked confused.

"I didn't know you wore GLASSES." Ginny said pointing. He hurriedly set the book down and ripped the glasses off his face.

"Only….. Only sometimes." He said, face going red. He folded them and set them on the table next to the chair.

"It's okay." She said, waltzing into the library. "I thought you looked dashing." She leaned down and gave him a kiss on the cheek. She looked around the library.

"Is this all you had today?" Ginny said, pointing to the bottles on the floor.

"Pretty much yeah." He said casually.

"Why didn't you make something? Or have the house elves do it for you?" She asked.

"I dunno… Wasn't hungry." He said shrugging.

"Come on. I'll make you something." Ginny said picking up a handful of bottles.

ooooo

Down in the kitchen, Ginny was making Draco a turkey sandwich and a ham one for herself.

"Thank you Mrs. Malfoy." Draco said.

"You're welcome Mr. Malfoy." Ginny said. She handed him his plate.

"This is like playing house." She said, walking towards the dining room.

"What do you mean?" Draco asked.

"I guess it's more of a girl thing. I would play `house' when I was younger. Pretend that my dolls were my kids and I would pretend bake them dinner and such. It was fun until Ron ruined my play kitchen."

"Well I think you're perfect at it." Draco said. They sat down at the table.

"Do you really mean that?" Ginny asked. He chewed his sandwich before answering.

"Of course. You make me meals. You attempt to do your own laundry and your own cleaning."

"The house elves are pushy." Ginny said. "I like doing my own stuff."

"I know. They are helpful though. Don't like competition."

"Competition? Are you saying they think I'M competition?" Ginny screeched.

"I'm just saying you're trying to invade on their chores."

"Well maybe I should just be sloppy from now on then." She said sarcastically.

"That's what I do." Draco said. Ginny rolled her eyes.

"I heard the Quidditch League is looking for players now." He said, changing the subject.

"Oh really? I wonder if the Cannons are looking for someone." Ginny replied.

"Pffft." Draco said. "I'd go for the Falmouth Falcons."

"If you do, prepare to meet the wrath of my brothers."

"I already meet it every time I go to your house." Draco said.

"Touché." Ginny said smiling. After a moments silence, she brought the first topic to the table.

"What else am I good at?" She asked.

"Well…. That thing you did with your tongue last night….." Draco started.

"I don't mean that!!!" Ginny said, blushing.

"Okay okay…" He said grinning. "You are caring. Look who you're with. You're forgiving as well. You're pretty too." This caused Ginny to blush again.

"Um…. About your mother." She said.

"What about her?" Draco asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I think she's trying to hint at something."

"Like what?" He asked. Ginny shook her head.

"Nevermind." She said, standing up to take her plate to the sink where it was immediately snatched out of her hands from the lead house elf. Draco hurried after her.

ooooo

When Draco got upstairs, Ginny was already in her bathroom taking a shower. He reached for the doorknob but she had locked it. He sighed and headed to his room to wait for her.

Ginny stepped into her room covered in a red robe, one hand rubbing a towel at her wet curls.

"What did you mean." Draco said. Ginny jumped. She looked and saw Draco sitting on her couch.

"What did I mean what?" She asked, walking right past him.

"What is my mother hinting at?" He practically demanded.

"You mean you don't know?" She said, rummaging in her dresser for pajamas.

"No." He said. Ginny sighed. Sometimes her husband could be as dense as Ron.

"Babies." Ginny whispered, shutting the dresser drawer.

"Babies??? Merlin if she has one, I am going to impale myself on my broom."

"Not her. Me." Ginny said impatiently. Draco's mouth fell open.

"You mean you're…."

"For heavens sake you jump to conclusions! NO!!!!" Ginny cried.

"That's good." Draco said, sighing a breath of relief. Ginny furrowed her eyebrows.

"So you don't want me to have your kids?" She said.

"What? No! I didn't mean that!!! I just meant… Well…. We haven't talked about that and…. Um…"

"Exactly. I think we should." Ginny said.

"You… you do?"

"It seems to come up ALL THE TIME." She said, flopping down on the couch next to him. "People at work as me about it, your mom hints at it when you're not around."

"Come to think of it, Snape makes comments, rude ones, about it too."

"I don't know why everyone is obsessed with babies." Ginny sighed.

"Ask your mom. She had seven."

"I don't know why everyone is obsessed with US having babies." Ginny rephrased.

"Good looks?" Draco guessed.

"My mother claims to not like you, but Ron has told me she wonders constantly when she's going to get grandchildren."

"Well, your oldest brother is married."

"Well, Mum does seem to like you more than Fleur so… I'm the main target." Ginny said.

"Oh." Was all Draco had to say.

"Do you even like kids?" Ginny asked.

"They can be brats at time but they're okay."

"I like them." Ginny said. There was a long silence.

"Do you think we're ready for one?" Ginny quietly asked. Draco thought for a moment.

"No… But then again, you never know. Things have a strange way of working out." He leaned over and kissed her. Ginny smiled.

"Thank you." She said.

"For what?"

"Listening."

"You're welcome." He said. She stood up and headed to her bathroom.

"Maybe when you're done, we can do it on every surface of the house." He said teasingly.

"I don't find that appealing. Just think about where your mum and Snape could have done it." Ginny called back to him. Draco made a disgusted face before answering.

"Let's sleep in your room tonight."

ooooo

Author's Note- Okay, I'm sorry whoever wrote the story that uses the name Falmouth Falcons but I don't remember your author name! But I love your stories and I hope it's okay I used the team name. I think you made up right? Or do I need to read book six again? Anyways- if I'm using someone else's idea, I'm giving credit to you! Hope you guys enjoyed this and will enjoy what's to come!


-->