Unofficial Portkey Archive

Confusion by RowlingIdol
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Confusion

RowlingIdol

Confusion

By Lauren G. (aka RowlingIdol)

Author's Note: To classify anymore possible problems that may occur with my story, the Luna/Oliver date in the Quidditch chapter was just a DATE. It was nothing more. It's not a whole other ship in any way to contradict the Ron/Luna pairing. Does anyone else have any issues with my story? Or can I go finishing it in peace?

Updated TWICE!! Don't forget to read Chapter 31 if you didn't.

Chapter 32: Field Day

"Mum! What…. What are you doing here?" Ginny asked her mother. Mrs. Weasley was walking into the store with an armload of food.

"I brought Fred and George some food." Mrs. Weasley said, setting the food on counter. "What are you doing here Ginny dear?" She looked around at her three children and her son in law.

"I was… Just visiting." Ginny said. Fred and George nodded.

"Oh that was nice. Do you think you would have time for tea tomorrow sweetie?" Mrs. Weasley said, kissing Ginny on the cheek.

"Sure Mum. That would be great." Ginny said, smiling at her mother. Fred and George gritted their teeth and smiled back silently.

"How is your mother Draco?" Mrs. Weasley asked.

"She's fine." Draco said. Mrs. Weasley looked at the four.

"It looks like you four are up to something." Mrs. Weasley said, putting her hands on her hips and glaring at them all.

"What do you mean Mum?" Ginny asked nervously. Mrs. Weasley looked at each of her children long and hard.

"Well…. I hope to see you around noon Ginny." Mrs. Weasley said, giving Fred and George hugs. Mrs. Weasley bustled out of the shop and down the street.

Everyone in the store let out a huge breath of relief.

"You owe me a new set of sheets." George told Ginny.

ooooo

"God, today is going to be a field day." Ginny muttered the next morning. She got up late. Draco was already in his Quidditch uniform, ready to go to practice.

"Have fun at your house." Draco told her.

"I don't want to go." Ginny mumbled, throwing a pillow over her face. "I don't feel good."

"Can we talk later?" Draco asked her, taking the pillow off her face.

"I guess." Ginny said. Draco gave her a kiss on top of her head.

"Bye." He said, opening the door to his room.

ooooo

At the Burrow that afternoon, Mr. Weasley was anxious to talk about Ron and his blooming Quidditch career. Mrs. Weasley on the other hand, was dwelling herself in the goings on of her children.

"He made two saves in a row!" Mr. Weasley told Ginny.

"I don't know what Fleur was thinking." Mrs. Weasley said, on a totally different note. "That red cloak with the blonde fur trim?"

"I knew if he tried hard enough, things would work out." Mr. Weasley said, taking a cracker off the tray Mrs. Weasley had set out.

"I think something is going on between those two. I don't know what though." Mrs. Weasley was saying. "Do you have any idea Ginny?"

"Hmmm? What did you say?" Ginny asked her mother.

"Is everything okay dear?" Mrs. Weasley asked.

"Yes. Sorry." Ginny said, taking a sip of her tea.

"I was saying that something fishy was going on between Ron and Hermione the other day. Neither of them have been seeing much of each other lately."

"Hmmm." Ginny said. She hadn't noticed. She was probably too distracted what was going on in her life to concern herself with what was going on with other people.

"You ought to talk to them. And Harry, he's back at his home you know." Mrs. Weasley said.

"No, I didn't know. I must have forgot." Ginny admitted. She listened to her parents chit chat through most of the afternoon.

Mr. Weasley was feeling tired so he went upstairs to take a quick nap. Ginny got her purse, ready to leave when her mother stopped her.

"Why haven't you told me." Mrs. Weasley said to her, arms crossed across her chest.

"Told you what? I told you I don't know whats going on between Ron and Hermione."

"Not that." Mrs. Weasley said, shaking her head.

"Then what." Ginny said, not catching on.

"How far along are you." Mrs. Weasley said. Ginny went white.

"How did you know?" Ginny asked.

"A mother knows." Mrs. Weasley said, winking at her daughter and taking her into a hug.

"Where are the screams and the tears?" Ginny asked as her mother hugged her. "What did you do with my mum?"

Mrs. Weasley chuckled. "I figured it was going to happen sooner or later." Mrs. Weasley said, wiping a small tear from her eye.

"Does Dad know?" Ginny asked.

"I think he has an idea." Mrs. Weasley said. "So how long has it been?" Mrs. Weasley pressed again.

"Um… Over a month." Ginny stammered. Mrs. Weasley beamed and enveloped Ginny into a hug again.

"I can't wait to tell all my friends!" She said.

"Please mum, hold off on the announcements for now. For me?" Ginny asked. Mrs. Weasley nodded and smiled at her daughter before letting her go home.

ooooo

Draco was holding a magazine very close to his face, trying to hide from the people walking past him as he sat on a bench in a hallway. He was probably attracting more looks with a Witch Weekly plastered to his face than he would normally. But then again, if any nosy reporters happened to be in the maternity ward of St. Mungos, then that would be a field day in its own.

Ginny and a friendly witch emerged from an office and with a handshake, a smile, and a few parting words. Draco stood up, still holding the magazine close to his face.

"Well?" Draco asked quietly. Ginny didn't say anything. She just took the magazine from him, set it on the bench, and they walked hand in hand out of the building.

"Will you tell me now?" Draco asked, as soon as they were past the service desk. He stopped and pulled Ginny to his side.

"Yes." Ginny said, smiling.

"Okay so what did they say." Draco asked. Ginny giggled.

"I just told you silly." Ginny told him. Draco paused.

"So…. You are?" Draco asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Mmmhmmm." Ginny said quietly.

"Wow." Draco said, staring off over Ginny's shoulder.

"Wow." He said again.

"I know." Ginny said, giggling again.

"Now what." Draco asked.

"Don't treat me like crap." Ginny said, poking him in the chest.

"Do they know what it is?"

"No. I want to be surprised." Ginny said, walking away.

"But what if I want to know." Draco said, trailing after her.

"Too bad." Ginny said, smiling.

"Do you… Do you…" Draco stuttered, trying to keep up with her and get a hold of her hand.

"Do I what." Ginny said, slowing her pace.

"Do you think… I'll be good?" Draco asked. Ginny squeezed Draco's hand.

"Yes." Ginny said. She curled her arms around his neck and gave him a kiss on the lips.

"I want to see somebody. Can you wait for me at home?" Ginny asked.

"I suppose. Will you be okay?"

"I'll be fine." Ginny said, kissing him again.

"All right, I'll see you at home." Draco said.

ooooo

"Hello? Is anybody home?" Ginny called, stepping into the dark hallway. "The door was unlocked." Ginny called out.

"Ginny?" Came a voice from a room to her left. Harry Potter was sitting in his kitchen.

"Hi. I hope you don't mind I let myself in." Ginny said.

"This is a pleasant surprise." Harry said. He gave her a small hug which she returned.

"Mum suggested I visit." Ginny said, shuffling her feet.

"That's fine. Do you want a drink?" Harry offered.

"No thanks, I'm fine…. Hey, have you heard from Hermione? Or Ron?" Ginny asked, sitting down at the table across from Harry. He had been reading a book, no doubt one of Sirius'.

"Yes. Why do you ask?" Harry asked.

"I stopped at her flat before I came over here but nobody answered. I know she's not at work today so I was just curious."

"Yeah…. So what's up." Harry said, smiling lightly.

"Well… Um……. I don't know how to say it…" Ginny said, looking at her hands.

"Is Draco being a jerk?" Harry automatically assumed.

"No… No. He's been good." Ginny said.

"Oh… Okay. Then what is it?"

"We're friends, right Harry?" Ginny asked Harry.

"Yes. I consider us friends."

"No hard feelings?" Ginny questioned.

"Of course not." Harry said, laughing slightly. "What are you getting at." Harry asked.

"Well…. I'm pregnant." Ginny blurted. Harry's eyes widened behind his glasses. It was silent for a moment.

"Wow." Harry said.

"So I've heard." Ginny said.

"Well…. Congratulations I guess." Harry said, smiling. "Is that what you wanted to tell Hermione?"

"Well that and Mum was worried about her. I really wasn't paying attention when she was telling me about it though."

"Well she's upstairs if you'd like to talk to her." Harry said.

"She's upstairs? Here? At your house?" Ginny asked, pointing to the ceiling.

"Yeah. Long story. She can tell you." Harry said. Ginny stood up and went to go upstairs.

"Hey Ginny?" Harry called after her.

"Yes?" Ginny asked turning around. Harry enveloped her in a hug.

"Thanks." He said to her. Ginny stepped back and smiled back at him.

"Anytime." Ginny said, heading towards the stairs.

ooooo

"Hermione?" Ginny said, stepping into the old room she and Hermione had shared that summer before her 4th year.

"Ginny!" Hermione said. Hermione had been going through some books on a shelf in the room.

"I was surprised that you were here." Ginny said.

"Yes well… What brings you here."

"Mum suggested I visit Harry." Ginny said.

"That was nice of you." Hermione said. Hermione sat back down on the floor.

"About the other night. Thanks for letting me come over." Ginny told her.

"It was no problem." Hermione said, waving her hand.

"I wanted to tell you…" Ginny started.

"Ron and I broke up." Hermione said quickly. Ginny's mouth fell open.

"What? Why didn't you tell me? When did this happen? What???" Ginny asked.

"You didn't ask." Hermione said, shrugging, flipping through a book. She found a dead doxy squished between some of the pages and she tossed it aside.

"Are you okay?" Ginny asked.

"Yes. It was pretty much mutual. Things just didn't seem as they had been at the beginning." Hermione said. "I'm fine. He's fine too. I'm surprised he didn't tell you."

"I haven't talked to him in a while. I ought to though." Ginny said. "So why are you here at Harry's?"

"Came to talk to him. The rehab has really helped. He's letting me borrow some books." Hermione indicated a stack she already had set aside.

"I wanted to talk to you too. Not, you know, about my brother though." Ginny said. Hermione smiled.

"Of course. What did you want to talk about?"

"I'm pregnant Hermione." Ginny said. It was Hermione's turn for her mouth to drop open.

"Really?" Hermione said, squealing.

"Yes."

"So who knows? Was that why you came over the other night upset?"

"Yeah… Draco didn't understand at first but he seems okay now." Ginny said. Ginny proceeded to explain how it happened and how things at Fred and George's went and who knew.

"This is really neat." Hermione said. "Now that you threw me that birthday party, I ought to throw you a baby shower."

"Great. That's all I need." Ginny said, laughing.

ooooo

The September month had gone and it was now October. In the end of the second week, it was time for the first major game for the Falcons. The Sports department had established contracts with some of the world teams, allowing teams to be placed to play against teams such as France, Germany, and many others. The first game was to be against Germany.

Ginny arrived at the game alone, dressed in a wide necked gray sweater dress that went down to her knees. It had long sleeves and she wore thigh high black boots with them she had seen on a shopping spree with Hermione in Muggle London. The booth attendant nodded at her when she arrived. Ginny sat next to Mina who complemented her on how she looked.

"Are you excited?" Mina asked.

"Of course. Germany is pretty good."

"If they win, next game is going to be held in Japan. Dean is quite pumped to win, he'd love to go there."

"You mean, the game would be held in Japan?" Ginny asked.

"Of course. It's how games play out when they're teamed with a World Teams." Mina said.

"How is your brother? I heard his team lost their last game." Mina said.

"Yeah. He's been bummed, but he's improved a lot in the practices they've had since then."

"That's good." Mina said.

ooooo

The match was intense. Draco nearly fell off his broom and the Keeper got a Quaffle to the face. The Chasers almost crashed a couple of times. The German Beaters had a way of beating the Bludger back and forth with one on either side of the Chaser, causing some major bruises.

Neck and neck, Draco and the German Seeker raced for the Snitch, which was zipping away from them like in a game of tag.

"SCORE!" Yelled the announcer. Ginny and Mina stood up in their seats and clapped as Draco flew spinning around the goalposts, Snitch in hand.

Down on the field, Lozinski and the German coach stood for pictures with the other players in the background. The German players looked wiped out and frankly, so did the Falcons. As Ginny stood on the sidelines, Mina nudged her. Ginny looked at her and Mina nodded towards Ginny's right. Two of the German players were checking Ginny out. Ginny blushed. The males spoke in rapid German to each other and glanced over at her again, the brown haired one smiling. Ginny looked away blushing.

Next thing she knew, Draco had his arm around her protectively. He shot the German players a look before grabbing Ginny and dipping her in a kiss. The photographers went crazy, flashing their cameras their way. Draco put his hand on Ginny's slight baby bump and Ginny put her hand on top of his.

"The press is going to have a field day." Ginny whispered to Draco.

"Let them have their day." Draco said, kissing her again.

ooooo

Author's Note- Cutesy ending. This chapter has been bittersweet overall. For all you H/Hr people- are you happy now? Sort of felt like my story was attacked in a way. I didn't think it was such a cause for alarm apparently. Please R & R, and if someone is interested in drawing for me, please contact me.


-->