Unofficial Portkey Archive

Confusion by RowlingIdol
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Confusion

RowlingIdol

Confusion

By Lauren G. (aka RowlingIdol)

Author's Note: I updated TWICE today. Well, twice in my time frame. So um… Make sure you check out Chapter 15 as well if you didn't already. Enjoy!!!

Chapter 16: Old Men and Ex-Men

After dinner, Ginny and Draco headed upstairs to their room. Ginny headed for the bathroom after giving Draco a quick kiss on the cheek. Not a lot had been said between the two. Draco could hear his mother and Snape talking again downstairs. As Draco heard the water begin to run in the bathroom, he opened the door and walked closer to the voices.

"Sevvy, why must you and Draco fight?" Narcissa was purring to Snape. Draco wanted to be sick.

"That boy has no idea what he's getting himself into! Marrying that girl not even a month after meeting her! If she's not pregnant, it'll be over in another month if you ask me."

"But you must remember Severus, love works in mysterious ways."

"What is that supposed to mean?" Snape snapped.

"Look at the Potters! Lily and James hated each other for all those years, yet they got together!"

"And look where they ended up." Snape growled.

"You're just sore because Lily never liked you back." Narcissa replied haughtily. Draco sniggered softly to himself.

"It doesn't matter." Narcissa said angrily. "Ginny is a wonderful girl and I won't hear anything more."

"But what about those…. Those... Comments! I should have hexed him right there at the table. How does he even know about that?" Snape hissed.

"Well Sevvy… Have your ever considered… Potions? For your…. Problem?" Narcissa said, again in a sultry voice. Draco felt himself begin to gag.

"It would take a while…" Snape admitted. Draco stood up and hurried back to the room before he heard anything else. He kicked off his shoes into the corner near the closet. Ginny emerged from the bathroom in her bathrobe. Draco practically ran over to her and wrapped her up in his arms, kissing her.

"Draco!" Ginny said surprisingly.

"Shh…" Draco told her. He lifted her up and carried her to the bed.

ooooo

Early in the morning, Ginny was woken up by Draco, gently shaking her.

"No Draco… I'm too sore…" Ginny mumbled.

"You need to be up for work." Draco said softly. Ginny sat up, holding sheets up around her. She rubbed at her eyes before getting up, getting her bathrobe from the floor, and heading to the bathroom.

An hour later, she emerged from the bathroom, nervous about her first day at work. Draco was curled up under the sheets, slightly snoring. She walked over and kissed his forehead before Apparating to the Ministry.

Once there, she bustled herself through the busy halls up to the Minister's office. Once she had reached there, an old witch took one look at her and shoved a stack of papers in her arms.

"What am I supposed to do with these?"

"Process them." The witch croaked.

"What are they?"

"People wanting meetings with the Minister. Schedule his appointments in this." The witch indicated a large blue notebook on the top of the stack.

"Um… All right." Ginny said. She took a place behind the circular desk in front of the Minister's office doors. It wasn't long before she was being acknowledged.

"If it isn't Miss Weasley!" most said. Then they would backtrack, apologize, and call her Mrs. Malfoy instead. Ginny's face flushed whenever they said that. Mrs. McGreedy, the old witch, seemed to get grumpier and grumpier every time someone stopped by to greet the new receptionist.

"Hello Ginny." Said a voice to her during a down time of the day. Ginny looked up from the appointment book and saw Harry standing above her.

"Oh… Hello Harry." Ginny said, very flustered. Mrs. McGreedy sighed very in a very frustrated tone.

"First day at work?" he asked.

"Mmm hmm."

"Well, I have my own meeting with the Minister. 11:00?" Ginny looked into the appointment book. Sure enough, Harry's name was scrawled into the little slot for eleven a.m.

"He's actually in with…" Ginny paused as she looked down into the book. "With Mr. Blunt. You'd have to wait." Harry nodded.

"Anything else you'd like to say?" Harry said. Ginny went red.

"Look, I'm sorry I didn't tell you myself about the marriage." Ginny said, putting her quill down.

"Imagine my surprise when I got that owl. I thought it was another joke."

"You were quiet at dinner." Ginny admitted.

"Hadn't sunk in yet. I was just curious if there was anything ELSE linking up to the marriage."

"I'm not pregnant Harry." Ginny sighed. "We haven't even talked about kids."

"Thank God for that." Harry muttered. Ginny frowned.

"I apologized. What else do you want to hear?"

"Nothing. I was curious, that's all."

"You could have asked Hermione." Ginny said quietly. Harry drummed his fingers on the rim of the desk.

"True…"

"After all, you're living together now." Ginny said, not looking up at him. Harry was quiet.

"Let's not fight Gin." Harry said.

"Ah! Mr. Potter and Mrs. Malfoy!" said a voice. Ginny saw Harry cringe at the word Malfoy. Scrimgeour had come out of his office, a handlebar mustached man- Mr. Blunt, hurrying away, his briefcase floating along side him. Scrimgeour walked up to the two of them.

"Enjoying work Mrs. Malfoy?" Scrimgeour asked, smiling down at Ginny. She nodded.

"Yes sir."

"Life been good? Marriage going well? How is Draco?"

"Everything is good sir." Ginny replied.

"And Harry! Dear boy, its been… not that long, but it seems so, hasn't it?" Scrimgeour slapped Harry on his back. Harry looked at Ginny and she looked away. Scrimgeour nodded at Ginny and led Harry away.

ooooo

At lunchtime, Ginny was starving. She looked down sadly at her little paper bag lunch she had put herself together that was lying next to her chair. She picked it up and set it on the desk.

"Excuse me." A voice above her said. She looked up. Draco smiled down at her.

"Oh Draco." Ginny said. She got up from her chair, walked out from behind the desk and gave her husband a hug. Draco squeezed her back.

"What was that about?" He asked, playing with her hair.

"I just missed you." She said. Just then, and to Ginny's great disappointment, Harry came out of Scrimgeour's office. Harry glared as he walked past. Draco stood in front of Ginny and followed him with his eyes. After Harry was well out of sight, Ginny let out her breath.

"Did he hassle you?" Draco asked.

"We spoke, but it wasn't all that pleasant."

"What did he say?" Draco almost demanded.

"He thought there were other reasons for our marriage. Like-"

"Kids." Draco finished. Ginny nodded.

"We haven't even talked about them." Draco said.

"I know. And he's living with Hermione now."

"Is he now…" Draco said, looking down the hallway Harry had went down.

"I just wish I could go home." Ginny murmured into Draco's robe. Draco smoothed her hair.

"I'll have the house elves draw you a hot bath for when you get home." Draco promised, kissing the top of her head. Ginny nodded and drew away from him. Draco leaned down and kissed her. As Ginny turned to go back behind the desk, Draco pinched her backside, causing her to squeal. Mrs. McGreedy shook her head as Ginny took her seat.

ooooo

Draco popped back at home. As he walked past the library, Snape called to him.

"Any luck with a job?" Snape sneered. Snape was reading books in a high backed chair. He was even wearing glasses.

"Why would I tell you." Draco said, leaning in the doorway to the library.

"Your mother wishes you to have a job, Draco. It would be best to mind your mother."

"I do mind mother, but I do not mind you."

"You've made that clear." Snape turned back to his book. Draco's eyebrows furrowed angrily and he turned to walk away.

"A little loud last night were we?" Snape said with a smirk, turning the page of his book. Draco froze before turning back to Snape.

"A little quiet last night, eh Sevvy?" Draco retorted back. Snape slammed his book shut and growled as Draco strutted away.

ooooo

Author's Note- LOL! I love this ending. It's fun making fun of Snape. And I KNOW Harry was a jerk, but things will get better, I assure you. Hope you enjoyed the double posting. Please review!!!!


-->