Unofficial Portkey Archive

Confusion by RowlingIdol
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Confusion

RowlingIdol

Confusion

By Lauren G. (aka RowlingIdol)

Author's Note: So this is going to be a two parter but I'm counting it as two chapters. Its so funny how I will go without writing for a long time and once I write again, I can't stop. So here we go and enjoy!

Chapter 28: Rumors & Rehab - Part I

Narcissa and Ginny were thankfully able to get back to the Manor without any more un-wanted interruptions. Leopold, as it turned out, was indeed loo trained, but had a fit about going into the ladies bathroom which caused quite a scene for the spa guests. Judy encouraged the two to come back in again, but without the child. Both ladies would eagerly oblige by that rule.

According to Leo, blue was his favorite color but Narcissa was able to purchase some green ones as well. Ginny got stuck carrying the bag of toys and Leo on the way back to Floo area, recently added to Diagon Alley in the re-building.

"Where's the paper?" Narcissa said to Snape as they emerged from the marble fireplace in the manor lounge. With one wave of her hand, Narcissa's hair was fixed as if she had never been traveling through the Floo system that day.

"Right here." Snape said, who was holding and reading it. Narcissa snatched it out of his hands and scanned the paper front to back.

"Forget to clip a coupon?" Snape said emotionless.

"No! That Skeeter lady saw us shopping and took pictures of us! I'm sure I look positively horrendous."

"What about the child?" Snape asked.

"Oh him too." Narcissa said, fluffing up her hair. Snape rolled his eyes. Narcissa turned and took the bags from Ginny and set them on the table.

"I bought all these new clothes. I hope he doesn't out grow them too fast."

"How long do you expect him to be here?" Snape said, peering down at Leo who was rummaging into the toy bag.

"My sister isn't exactly going to have it so easy like you Sevvy dear." Narcissa said. Ginny cleared her throat.

"I need to write to my parents." Ginny said, excusing herself from the room.

"He is loo trained right?" Snape asked Narcissa.

"Of course. We found that out today. I'm going to need you to help Draco set up a proper bedroom for Leopold."

"I would but Draco is gone."

"What do you mean he's gone? *gasp* HE LEFT ME AGAIN!!!!!" Narcissa's eyes began to well with tears.

"For Merlin's sake woman, no! Your son tried out for the National Quidditch League behind our backs and was accepted as Seeker to the Falmouth Falcons." Snape nastily said.

"How come he didn't tell us? And how come we didn't found out sooner?" Narcissa said, folding the clothes on the coffee table.

"We didn't bother to read the Prophet while we were away. And once we got back, all we did was talk about him." Snape said, nodding to Leo.

"We'll have to discuss it later I suppose." Narcissa said.

"Mister big nose will you play with me?" Leo said crawling into Snape's lap with a plastic action figure in hand.

"Merlin save me." Snape muttered.

ooooo

After Ginny wrote to her parents, she wrote a letter to Hermione. She was curious to know her new work schedule so they could hang out on Friday. Putting away her parchment and quills she pondered about the recent predicament. Bellatrix was in Azkaban…. Again. And so was Lucius. Ginny giggled softly as she imagined Lucius and Bellatrix as cell neighbors, swapping sandwiches through the bars.

Then the whole Rita thing came into play. That lady had never given her personally any problems until now. Perhaps it was the price that came with being married, suddenly, to an ex criminal with a father in prison and another ex-criminal living under the same roof. But thankfully, only immediate family, Hermione, Harry, and Draco's friends Crabbe, Goyle and Blaise knew. Also, Ginny remembered, a few select Wizarding Parole officers- but that was to remain strict business knowledge.

She shivered at the thought of a special report of the Daily Prophet arriving at the house later that evening. With how Rita acted in Diagon Alley today, she had too good of pictures to pass up. Ginny sighed and went to take a shower.

ooooo

At dinner, it was learned that Leo did not like chicken. Or peas. Or potatoes. Or carrots. He liked macaroni and cheese. And only macaroni and cheese. The house elves miraculously knew how to make mac and cheese. So while the rest of the family ate the original planned meal, Draco's new job came into discussion.

"So Sev tells me you have a job." Narcissa said.

"I guess you could call it that." Draco said.

"Why didn't you tell us you were trying out?" Snape said.

"I didn't tell my MOTHER that I was trying out because one, it was a last minute decision, and two, I didn't want her worrying."

"Oh, but its ok not to let us know you got the position in the first place." Snape said nastily. Draco glared at him.

"When is your first game?" Narcissa asked.

"September 25th." Draco said.

"A little more than a month away?" Narcissa said. "What will you be doing in the meantime?"

"Training." Draco said matter o' factly. "What are YOU going to be doing SEV." Draco asked Snape. It was Snape's turn to glare.

"An owl for you…. miss." A house elf said nervously to Ginny.

"Oh, thank you." Ginny said to the elf. The elf shuffled its feet.

"Um… Where is it?" Ginny asked. The elf looked to the side and suddenly Pigwidgeon plummeted into the room and flew madly around the table hooting excitedly.

"Birdie birdie birdie birdie birdie!" Leopold said, standing up on the table and trying to catch the owl.

"Oh my hair!" Narcissa said, covering her head. Ginny stood up from her seat and Pigwidgeon flew happily into her hands and hooted pleasingly while Ginny untied the letter from his feet. After stealing a couple of noodles from Leo's bowl of mac and cheese, Pigwidgeon was let out of the manor at the nearest window.

ooooo

After dinner, Ginny curled up in her room to read the letter. Draco strolled in moments later and sat next to her, pulling her close.

"Who is it from? Your brother?"

"No, from Hermione." Ginny said.

"What's Gr- What's she doing with your brother's owl?" Draco asked. He then realized. "Your brother is rooming with Hermione isn't he?"

"So what if he is?" Ginny said opening the letter.

"That's dirty." Draco said.

"You're dirty." Ginny retorted.

"Yeah… It happens." Draco said smiling. Ginny just rolled her eyes.

"Oh great! She has Friday off."

"What's so great about that? I do too." Draco said, shrugging his shoulders.

"Well she wanted to hang out so we were going to have a girls night out."

"That sounds ki-"

"Don't you say it." Ginny said putting a hand over his mouth. Once she removed his hand she kissed his mouth.

"Maybe I should be dirty more often." Draco said smiling.

ooooo

On Friday, it was day three after the Rita photo op and so far nothing had shown up. Draco tried to convince Ginny and his mother that no one really cared about two ladies running into a salon and to stop worrying but the images of the flashbulbs were still bright in the back of Ginny's mind.

"So you're sleeping over?" Draco pouted as Ginny packed her backs for Hermione's.

"I haven't seen her flat yet. It will be fun."

"Don't you mean Hermione and your brother's flat?" Draco replied. Ginny ignored him.

"What am I supposed to do tonight?" He asked.

"I don't know. What's Blaise doing?"

"Hopefully something legal." Draco said flopping down on the bed. Ginny raised an eyebrow at him.

"I don't mean… Death Eater stuff." Draco said.

"I know." Ginny said. She zipped up her duffel bag and kissed Draco.

"You behave." She said.

"Okay." Draco said, smacking her bottom as she turned to leave the room.

ooooo

"Hiiiii!" Hermione squealed, opening the door to her new flat. Ginny stepped in and looked around. It definitely looked like the type of place Hermione would live. There were bookcases up against the walls and books on the table. The kitchen, which was off of the living room, was spotlessly clean and there was even a magically modified Muggle microwave (try saying that three times fast) set up on the counter.

"So I've got a book of beauty tips and nail polish and lots of popcorn and iced pumpkin juice." Hermione said walking into the kitchen.

"Okay so I haven't got the iced pumpkin juice, Ron drank it all." Hermione said peeking into the fridge.

"Where is he anyways?"

"He didn't say. I told him we were going to hang out tonight when he came home on Tuesday and he said he was going to go out that night too so we'd have the flat to ourselves."

"Where was he Tuesday? He doesn't have a job too does he?"

"No, not yet. I think he might have gone to see Harry, but I was too nervous about starting MY job to ask."

"So how IS the new job by the way?" Ginny asked, sitting on the couch, pushing aside a large book to make room for her glass of water.

"Its really great! Everyone there tells me how smart I am and that they think I'll do great. If I'm lucky, I will get to go along to give the Hogwarts fifth years their NEWTs this year!"

ooooo

Hours later, Ginny and Hermione were sitting on the floor, their hair up in old fashioned curlers armed with a rainbow of nail polish.

"So Ginny. What would you say Draco's butt shape is?" Hermione asked.

"What kind of question is that?" Ginny shrieked with laughter.

"It says here in this magazine that you can tell a lot about your man on the shape of his butt!" Hermione said waving a `Cosmo' magazine in her face.

"I thought you didn't like those girly magazines `Mione!" Ginny said, blushing.

"Well I picked it up thinking it was an Astronomy magazine." Hermione admitted. Ginny burst into fits of laughter and Hermione joined in.

"Um…." Ginny said, grabbing the magazine from Hermione and scanning through the butt article.

"I'd say that one." Ginny said pointing. The girls read the description and both elapsed into fits of giggles again.

"I'm going to get a subscription to this." Hermione said, wiping tears from her eyes.

ooooo

Draco downed his first Firewhisky of the night. Having nothing better to do, he decided he'd go out Friday night. Racers was the spot of the night. Not only did Draco know Blaise would be there, the drinks were at a good price. Draco knew Blaise was there but he seemed occupied with a lady friend. Two to be exact. So the bar was the first stop instead of conversation. Draco occasionally glanced at his watch. It was going to be a long night he thought. He didn't know how right he would be. He nodded at the bartender who went to make another drink for Draco.

"Sorry I'm late, mate." Ron said, sliding into the seat next to Draco.

"Since when are we on `mate' terms?" Draco said to Ron without looking at him.

"Since you got me into those try-outs." Ron said. He raised a hand at the bartender.

"What'll it be?" The bartender asked Ron, handing Draco his drink.

"Whisky and Butterbeer." Ron said. The bartender nodded and headed off.

"So your sister's out with your girlfriend tonight huh?" Draco said to Ron.

"Yeah. Hope Hermione's not too sore I drank all the iced pumpkin juice." Ron said, running a hand through his touselled hair.

"What are they doing? A tea party?" Draco asked.

"Whatever all girls do. Talk about boys and mess around with beauty tips." Ron said, taking his drink from the bartender. There was a moment of silence between the two as they drank their drinks.

"So did you make it?"

"Make it where?" Ron asked. "Oh yeah! The try-outs…. Yeah…"

"Mmm… Sorry to hear that." Draco said.

"No no! I made it!" Ron said grinning. "Keeper too."

"King has a new crown." Draco said, smirking and taking a drink. Ron's ears went red.

"Plenty of time before our first match." Ron said shrugging.

A couple more silent mintues passed by.

"Are you going to the NQL banquet?" Ron asked. Draco shrugged.

"I'm required to go. Just depends if I bring Ginny along." He replied.

"I'm sure she'd like it. She likes Quidditch too you know." Ron pointed out.

"I know she does. She had a bad time at that press confrence so I don't want to put her in the same situation." Draco said, finishing the last of his drink.

"I see." Ron said. Ron turned to the side and surveyed the club. Ron's face lit up.

"Mate! What are you doing here?" Ron happily said. Draco turned and saw Harry Potter walking towards the two. The circles under his eyes were so dark it looked like he had been punched.

"You okay Harry?" Ron asked getting out of his seat and putting a hand on Harry's shoulder. Harry stepped right into Draco's face and pressed a newspaper into Draco's chest.

"I want…. To see my son." Harry hissed, eyes narrowing.

"What? What are you talking about?" Draco asked, stepping back from Harry and looking down at the special edition of the Daily Prophet in his hands.

"Harry Potter's Love Child!!!" Blared the headline above the picture of Draco's mother, Ginny, and Leopold running into the salon.

ooooo

Author's Note- Oooooh! Psycho Potter! Now what? Please please pleaseeeeeeeeee review and I will definitely get the second part out as soon as I can. Thanx!


-->