Unofficial Portkey Archive

Confusion by RowlingIdol
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Confusion

RowlingIdol

Confusion

By Lauren G. (aka RowlingIdol)

Author's Note: This entire story was really hard to start off, as it is with all my fan fictions, but so far this one is coming together nicely. I hope everyone thinks the same.

Chapter 3: Leftovers and Feelings

Ginny and Draco appeared with a pop in the dry grass outside of the Burrow. Draco looked terribly weak.

"There's the shed." Ginny said, pointing towards a garage like structure. Draco and Ginny walked towards it. Ginny shoved open the door. It was crowded and cluttered with various Muggle trinkets such as batteries, spark plugs, light bulbs, and stacks of dusty magazines about airplanes. Ginny hefted the magazines off of the floor and put them on a very rusty toolshelf. She fished around in a cardboard box and found some old knitted blankets.

"Take these for now. After every meal I'll bring you leftovers and other times if I can. At night I'll bring more blankets." Ginny handed the blankets to Draco. He held them gingerly in his hands and peered around his new home.

"There's a window." Ginny said, pointing out a dirty window in the back of the shed. "There should be some rags around so you could clean it to bring in more light." She looked at Draco. He was staring at the blankets in his arms.

"Anything else?" Ginny quietly asked, inching towards the door of the shed.

"Why are you doing this?" Draco whispered. He turned his head and looked towards her. Ginny looked at her feet.

"Because-" Ginny said, looking up at him. "I want to."

"You WANT to?" Draco asked, louder this time. "I was sent to kill Dumbledore. I trashed your family. And now here I am in a shed on your family's property being fed your family's food? I don't deserve this." Draco threw down the blankets. Puffs of dust and dirt rose into the air.

"I'm not staying here." He insisted.

"Yes you are." Ginny said.

"No I'm not." Draco said. He stormed towards the door. Ginny's eyes narrowed. She held out her arms and grabbed both of Draco's arms. She pushed him against the toolshelf, more dirt rising.

"You are staying here." She said. "You will stay here until you are well enough to find somewhere else to hide." Draco looked down at her, shocked. His arms were pinned and he couldn't move. She hadn't even used her wand.

"All right." Draco caved. "I'll stay."

"And if you leave, I'll know. And if I find you again, you'll be in big trouble." Ginny let go of his arms. She left the shed, slamming the door behind her. Draco sat down on top of the blankets and held his head in his hands.

"Damn."

oooooo

Ginny entered the house from the front.

"Hello?" She called, making her way to the kitchen.

"Gin dear! How long have you been here?" Mrs. Weasley said, turning away from the stove, glancing at the fireplace as she went to hug her daughter.

"A bit. I was outside." Ginny replied, squeezing her mother tightly. She stepped back.

"Doing what dear?"

"Setting mouse traps. Crookshanks hasn't been much of a help." Ginny said, plunking down at the table.

"How are Fred and George? What about the store?" Mrs. Weasley asked, pouring Ginny a warm cup of tea.

"Fine." Ginny said quickly. "Store wasn't too bad. Should be good as new in a few weeks."

"Good, good. Anxious to see Harry?" Mrs. Weasley inquired. Ginny groaned and hid her face in her arms.

"Mum, not this again."

"Ginevra, Harry is a fine young man. So heroic! You should be proud to be dating him."

"We're not together Mum. We took a break."

"Yes well, that was because of the war and his dangerous treasure hunt for those Horcruxes. Now that's all over so you two can get back together and-"

"Don't you DARE say it mother." Ginny said, straightening up.

"AND!!!" Mrs. Weasley began, turning around from the stove. "Get married."

"UGH! MOTHER!" Ginny screeched.

"Is that Ginny I hear?" came a voice from the stairs. Ron came into view.

"How was the store?" Ron began, sitting next to her.

"All right." She replied, shrugging. She was still fuming at her mother. Ron leaned in close to her and sniffed her jumper.

"What have YOU been doing?" Ron demanded, plucking at her jumper.

"What?" Ginny said, leaning away.

"You smell like Firewhisky, cigarettes, and stinky garbage." Ron said, holding his nose.

"Ronald! Do not make fun of Ginny! You would be the one smelling like Firewhisky, smoke and smelly garbage if you hadn't insisted that you HAD to spend all day yesterday writing to Luna." Mrs. Weasley said, coming over to the table and setting down a plate of toast.

"It was important Mum!" Ron whined.

"And how so?" Mrs. Weasley asked, looming close to Ron's face.

"Nothing like that!" Ron said defensively.

"Like what?" Ginny asked, buttering her toast.

"You know what I think about rushing things. Remember Bill and Fleur?" Mrs. Weasley said, busying herself again. "I won't have you running off and getting married. At least not yet." Ron just rolled his eyes. There were creaks on the stairs and Hermione and Harry came into view.

"Morning! Hi Ginny!" Hermione brightly said. She took a seat across from Ron, leaving Harry to sit across from Ginny.

"Hi Gin." Harry said to Ginny. She looked up at him, her mouth full of toast. She took her time chewing before answering.

"Hi."

"How are things with the twins?" Harry inquired.

"Fine." Ginny said.

"Harry desperately wanted to tag along yesterday. But you know me. I just don't trust him out alone." Mrs. Weasley kindly said, kissing the top of Harry's head in a motherly fashion.

"Surprised you let him use the loo alone." Ron muttered.

"What was that Ronald?" Mrs. Weasley said.

"I said, surprised the jam still tastes good." Ron hurriedly answered, reaching for his knife and a jar of strawberry jam.

"That's what I thought you said. Now Harry, I think Ginny would LOVE to go out and play some Quidditch today. Don't you Ginny dear?" Mrs. Weasley eyes burned into Ginny as she set down a plate of bacon.

"Um… I'm really tired Mum. Maybe tomorrow." Ginny said, not looking at Harry. Hermione looked at Ginny, and then at Harry.

"Well, I wouldn't mind watching the boys play." Hermione said, still staring at Harry.

"Excellent." Ron said. "I've been anxious to try out my new broom."

oooooo

The rest of breakfast went quietly. Ginny had managed to shove several slices of toast, two slices of ham, and a handful of bacon into a spare cloth napkin. She pretended to take her time drinking the rest of her tea. Once everyone had retreated upstairs to get ready, Ginny hurried out to the shed.

Draco had already gotten himself into the thick of things. His hands and face were covered in grime. The window looked slightly better, but several spider webs still hung from the corners. Ginny giggled at the sight of him.

"What's so funny?" Draco asked, wiping his brow with the back of his hand.

"Nothing." Ginny answered, blushing. He had always looked so clean at Hogwarts, and seeing him roughing it and being grimy and dirty made him seem very real.

"I brought food like I said I would." Ginny said, clearing her throat. Draco made a grab for the napkin.

"Not so fast." Ginny said, setting the food on top of a box of lightbulbs. She reached into her pocket and took out a handkerchief. She reached out and took Draco's hands and scrubbed at them. His hands were rough to the touch, but still felt strong and comforting. She smiled to herself as she rubbed at the creases of his palms.

"Turn your head." Ginny ordered Draco, who turned his head to the left. Ginny reached up and rubbed at a spot on Draco's jaw line. She leaned back and looked at her handiwork.

"I'll try to get everyone out of the house soon so you can take a shower." Ginny said to Draco. Draco didn't reply. He just looked at his hands. She had held them gently and cleaned his hands. Not even the house elves would have done that. They were all too scared of him. But Ginny. Ginny was different.

"I'll be back later." Ginny said from the doorway. He hadn't even realized she was on the brink of leaving. Draco looked up from his hands and at Ginny. He nodded. Ginny gave Draco a small smile before shutting the door. Draco walked over to the cloth napkin and let it fall open, revealing his first fresh meal. As he wolfed down his food, he was hit by a sudden thought- how was he going to use the loo?

Author's Note- Wow, I actually got some humor into this chapter. Once I get through the next chapter, things should be progressing in a VERY good direction. Hope everyone liked this. If you did, please review!


-->