Unofficial Portkey Archive

Confusion by RowlingIdol
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Confusion

RowlingIdol

Confusion

By Lauren G. (aka RowlingIdol)

Author's Note: Tchyaa… Next chapter! Whoo!

Chapter 19: The Witches Social Circle

Saturday morning, a house elf popped into Draco's room. The elf cleared her throat in a squeaky manor.

"Miss needs to wake up." The elf said shyly, tapping Ginny's arm. Ginny stretched and sat up.

"All right, thank you." Ginny mumbled. She rubbed at her eyes and began to get up. Draco rolled over and grabbed her arm.

"Don't leave." He said sleepily.

"I have to. Your mum has plans for me."

"I have plans for you." Draco said. He rubbed her arm.

"Draco, later." Ginny said, stretching again. She kissed his forehead and got out of the bed and followed the house elf to Narcissa's room.

ooooo

Narcissa's room was, like herself, very girly. Snape coughed and gave Ginny's bed head a look as he walked out of the room past Ginny and the elf. Ginny squeezed her eyes shut. Her mother in law was so weird. Snape even more than that to allow himself to sleep in the flowery patterned room every night.

"Ginny! You are going to love what I have for you." Narcissa said, coming over to her in a silk robe.

"I have a dress and I have a book of curling spells for you! We are going to have so much fun together!"

Ginny stifled a yawn. It was nine in the morning. Next thing, Ginny was stuffed into a slip and a corset.

"I didn't know these were around anymore." Ginny gasped as Narcissa used her wand to tug the strings tight.

"Fern has a dress policy you see Ginny. We all have to wear a dress, stockings, and heels. Our hair has to be up. The Witches Social Circle represents society ladies at their finest. It's been ages since I had seen them."

"I see." Ginny replied. "Are the men not allowed around? Draco didn't know who Fern was."

"Lucius kept him away with him when the ladies were over. He's met her a handful of times, but it was when he was younger so he probably doesn't remember. Severus has business in the basement. Draco is free to do whatever he pleases."

With one last tug, Ginny was fit into the corset and was now being shoved into a mint green dress.

"You look so beautiful dear. I can't imagine why Draco never treated you well before." Narcissa said. Ginny gave her a small smile.

"How he dotes on you." Narcissa continued. "Every day you go to work he sits around the house and mopes and gushes about you. I don't mind listening to him, he is such a darling." Ginny blushed.

ooooo

There was a grand knock at the main hall double doors. The house elf let in a trio of ladies, followed by Fern herself. There was a blonde woman in a dark blue dress, a black haired lady in a yellow dress, and a brown haired lady with a red dress.

"Narcissa. It's been too long!" Fern said, air kissing both of Narcissa's cheeks. Fern was dressed in a wine colored dress accompanied by a black travel cloak trimmed in black silk. The other ladies were dressed similar, with fancy dresses and fine cloaks. Narcissa was wearing a periwinkle blue dress.

"May I present Draco's wife, Ginevra Weasley Malfoy." Narcissa said, pushing Ginny forward. The three other ladies gave her warm smiles and gave a small curtsey. Ginny paused for a moment. Narcissa pinched her arm.

"Oh.. Um. Hello." Ginny said, returning the curtsey. Fern on the other hand, did not curtsey.

"Charmed." Fern said. She waltzed past Ginny and Narcissa and sat gracefully down upon the couches. Just as the elves were bringing the tea, Ginny's mother arrived. Molly walked into the house with her mouth agape in a country floral dress that was too short in the hem.

"Mrs. Weasley." Fern said, bowing her head to her. Mrs. Weasley was seated across from Ginny.

"Thank you so much for inviting me." Molly said, all a flutter. Tea was passed around.

"Theresa is doing well." Fern started.

"Ah yes. I ran into her son the other day in town." Narcissa replied. The ladies nodded in unison. Narcissa patted Ginny on the knee and whispered.

"Draco's friend Blaise. Theresa is his mother." Ginny nodded.

"Gina how is Harold?" Fern asked the blonde woman in the blue dress.

"Harold is doing lovely. He just made a large donation to the National Quidditch League."

"Hmmm." All the ladies said in agreement. Ginny took a glance at her mother. Molly's eyes were intent on Fern and was hanging onto every piece of juicy gossip that was being passed around.

"Do you enjoy living here Ginny?" Fern addressed Ginny.

"Yes. I do very much."

"Do you have your own room?" Fern looked at Ginny over her teacup.

"Yes I do ma'am. I -"

"Ginny often stays the night in Draco's room." Narcissa interrupted. All the ladies, except for her mother, gave her a smile.

"The life of a married woman is such a splendor. Especially when one is as young and beautiful as this one." The black haired woman said, nodding her head towards Ginny. Ginny blushed.

"They are SO in love." Narcissa gushed. "Draco misses her desperately during the day when she's at work. He is at such a delight when she's home."

"You WORK?" Fern asked, looking at Ginny with wide eyes.

"Just a small job at the ministry."

"Surely not in some low department." Fern said snootily.

"Ginny works for the Minister." Molly said, puffing out her chest in a proud manner.

"Ah. A pleasant position indeed. I shall send him a bread basket." Fern stated. The ladies smiled and nodded again.

"How is your husband?" Fern asked. Ginny didn't speak until she realized she was the one being addressed.

"He is quite well."

"Quite alive." Said the brown haired woman.

"So happy to have him home." Narcissa said. "Though I do wish he and Sev got along much better.

"Ah… How is he?" Fern warmly smiled at Narcissa. Ginny cringed. She hadn't wished her mother to hear anything about Narcissa's boyfriend.

"He is downstairs at the moment working with his potions."

"Of course. I wouldn't expect him to be anywhere else." Gina spoke up. All the ladies chuckled. Ginny peeked at her mother. She knew by the look on her face she was dying to ask who was in the basement.

"Olivia, would you like a crumpet?" Narcissa offered the black haired lady.

"Thank you Cissa."

"Molly, I hear your husband is well?" Fern addressed Ginny's mother. Mrs. Weasley looked like she would explode.

"Yes! Yes he is! We had Ginny over for tea the other day so she could see him. You see he had been bed ridden and now he can walk around the house and go about all his activities with no problem at all. He is going back to work next week."

"Lovely." Fern said. The ladies smiled at Ginny's mother, causing her to tint pink.

"Do you think Sev would enjoy to join George the next time he and the men gather for a drink?" Fern asked Narcissa.

"Sevvy doesn't like to go out much. After he was released he stayed low at his home. He hardly goes out while he's here."

"I can see why." Fern slyly smiled at Narcissa who giggled.

"He's working on his potion right now." Ginny heard Narcissa whisper to Fern, giving her a wink. Ginny rolled her eyes.

ooooo

It was finally time for the ladies to leave.

"You were a delight. We shall send out an invitation to you the next time we get together." Fern told Ginny's mother. She then turned to Ginny.

"It was a pleasure to meet you. Good day." Fern curtsied to Ginny who returned the gesture. Molly waved to Ginny on her way out. The house elves rushed into the room and began to clean up the cups and plates. One elf even was sweeping the crumbs up from the floor.

"Are they gone?" Draco asked, coming down the stairs.

"Yes yes. Hello dear!" Narcissa said, kissing Draco on the cheek and heading upstairs. Ginny blushed and looked down. Draco was staring at her.

"What?" Ginny asked, not looking at him.

"You look gorgeous." He whispered.

"I don't like the color. And I think I have a broken rib." Ginny said, playing with the folds of her dress.

"I think you look perfect." Draco took her hands and pulled her towards him. He kissed her cheek and trailed a line of kisses down her neckline. Ginny gripped Draco's shoulder with her hand. He pulled her closer and breathed hotly on her neck.

"For Merlin's sake- take it upstairs." Snape said, emerging from the basement, vial in hand. Ginny blushed and ducked her head behind Draco's shoulder.

"For Merlin's sake." Mocked Draco. "I don't want to be here anymore. Want to go out?" Draco asked Ginny. She nodded.

ooooo

Moments later, Ginny came down dressed in a shirt and skirt. She let out a big breath.

"That feels much better." She said. Draco took her hand and they went outside to Apparate.

The ended up at Diagon Alley. Ginny tugged on her husband's hand.

"May we visit my brothers?" She asked. He nodded. Down at Weasley Wizard Wheezes, Draco stopped and looked at her.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"Just brings back memories." He said, leaning down to kiss her. She smiled and they went inside.

"Draco!!! Dear old brother in law of ours! Care for a marshmallow?" Fred extended a clear bowl towards him.

"Don't eat it. It's an Expanding Marshmallow. You put it in your mouth and it swells so you can barely chew it." Ginny said,

"No fair! Who told you?" George asked.

"Mum." Ginny said smugly. Fred and George just laughed.

"Oh well. Another time then." Fred said, putting the bowl back on the counter.

"It's quite busy today in town." Ginny observed.

"Some new place opened up. Haven't had a chance ourselves to check it out, but I hear it's neat." George said.

"Tell Ron to look into it." Fred suggested. Ginny gave her brothers a hug goodbye and she and Draco left.

They then headed back towards the Leaky Cauldron for a small lunch. The tea and crumpets hadn't been very filling.

"I know about that place your brothers spoke of." Draco said after they had placed their order.

"You do?" Ginny asked. Draco nodded.

"Blaise sent me a letter. He's seen them in the Muggle world. A `club' is what he said."

"I've heard of those. Some of the Muggleborns at school told me about them. Isn't it like a bar and a place to dance?"

"Yeah." There was silence for a while.

"Harry's been there." Draco said. Ginny was surprised and gave him a questioning look.

"Blaise went there the first night and saw him there." Draco said.

"I can't imagine him at a place like that." Ginny took a sip of her lemonade. Draco just shrugged.

"Bad day plus bar equals vacation for men." Was all he said. Ginny tutted.

"Well, maybe it would be fun to check it out."

"Sure doll, want to go tonight?" He asked. Ginny smiled in agreement.

ooooo

Back at the manor, it was quiet. The adults were in the parlor. Narcissa looked extremely pleased and Snape looked apathetic as always. Draco grimaced.

"Aw…. BLOODY HELL!" Draco yelled and stomped off upstairs. Ginny stood awkwardly in the entrance.

"There's an owl for you Ginny dear!" Narcissa beamed.

"Thanks." Ginny said. Sure enough, there was the Weasley owl waiting in her room. Draco came in as she was opening it.

"It's from Ron." She said. She quickly read the letter.

"He says that mum hasn't stopped talking about all she overheard. And she wants to know who `Sev' is."

"Ugh. Don't mention him." Draco said.

"Oh- he says that he and Hermione are going to that new club too."

"This will be interesting." Draco said.

A few hours later, when it was settling into night, Draco and Ginny headed downstairs.

"And where are you going?" Snape evilly asked.

"This new place that opened up in Diagon Alley. Blaise told me about it."

"Oh yes. Blaise would know plenty about that place." Snape said coolly.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Considering his mother's habit of going through countless husbands…"

"Eight isn't countless Sevvy." Narcissa chimed in.

"Regardless, he's quite the… what do the Muggles call it? Pimp?"

Ginny stifled a giggle.

"Whatever. We'll be back later." Draco said.

"Have fun!" Narcissa waved. They started to leave but Snape spoke up again.

"Be quiet when you come home. I hear that place influences intense behavior."

"How would YOU know?" Draco asked, handing Ginny a coat.

"I overhear things in the market." Snape replied.

"Since when do you leave my house?" Draco retorted.

"Who do you think buys the groceries?" Snape said. He turned back to his book and left them to ponder what they were expecting.

ooooo

Author's Note- I hope the next chapter will be good. I hope ya'll like this chapter too. I am tired so I'm just gonna post this and go. Please R & R!


-->