Unofficial Portkey Archive

Confusion by RowlingIdol
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Confusion

RowlingIdol

Confusion

By Lauren G. (aka RowlingIdol)

Author's Note: Sorry the last chapter was short. Hopefully this will be longer and to everyone's liking.

Chapter 15: Guess Who's Coming To Dinner

Dinner at the Weasleys was early, busy, and loud. Ron had owled Hermione and Harry about the marriage and now the two were joined at the kitchen table along with Fred and George.

"Pass the potatoes." Ron asked, bits of cornbread spraying out of his mouth.

"Pass the rolls." Fred asked, passing the potatoes down to Ron.

"Pass the marriage." George asked. He and Fred snickered. Ginny glared down the table at her brothers.

"So how was work?" Mrs. Weasley asked the twins.

"Fine, thank you mother."

"And how is the house Harry?"

"Good." Harry said, glancing down at Draco.

"Draco, could you please pass the lubricant- I mean butter?" Fred asked, stifling his laughter. George snorted. Mrs. Weasley glared down at the twins.

"Now boys. Clean the dishes." Mr. Weasley said.

"What? No! DAD!" Fred and George whined. Mr. Weasley glared just like his wife at the twins and they hurried out of their seats, taking their plates with them. Ron and Harry were whispering between themselves and Hermione was in conversation with Luna. Draco unexpectedly cleared his throat.

"Well, the dinner was lovely, but we ought to get home." He said, laying his napkin gracefully on the table.

"Wuh… Wuh… WE? Huh… Home?" Mrs. Weasley began to cry again, dabbing at her eyes with a cloth napkin.

"Come see me!" She cried as she hugged Ginny at the door.

"I will Mum, I will."

"I still can't believe all this happened." Ron spoke up. Ginny said, speechless of what to say. She kissed her mother on the cheek before stepping out the door and Apparating away.

ooooo

Back at the Malfoy Manor, Ginny went upstairs to her new bedroom for a relaxing bubble bath. She passed Snape on the stairs, who scowled her way. Slipping into the wide round tub, there was a knock on the door. She figured it was one of the house elves, but Draco came in instead.

"Having fun?" He asked her, smiling. Ginny blushed and nodded her head.

"Dinner was…. Interesting." He said, sitting on a spa bench next to a lavish marble counter.

"Yeah. It was. I'm sorry about my brothers. They can be…"

"Say no more." Draco said. "Speaking of dinner, Mother wants us to have dinner tomorrow night." Ginny looked up at Draco confused.

"But… we… live here." Ginny said, scrubbing at her neck, beginning to feel stressed.

"Yes, but dinner isn't formal around here. When my father began to get too involved with the Dark Lord, dinner was whatever the elves cooked and whenever we were hungry. Mother wants to plan our favorites."

"That's very nice of her." Ginny said, rinsing her shoulders. Draco stood up from his bench and walked towards the door. As he looked at her, his eyes softened and he gave her a small smile.

Ginny made her way to Draco's room, checking to make sure the hall was clear of greasy professors before leaving the safety of her own room. Draco was already in the bed, asleep. Ginny shut the door behind her and crept over to the bed and crawled in. As soon as she had snuggled under the covers, Draco rolled over and wrapped his arms around her, pulling Ginny close to him. He snuggled into her. Ginny leaned back into him and they fell asleep.

ooooo

The next morning, Ginny woke up to a repetitive thump in her ear. Her eyes fluttered open and she realized her head was resting above Draco's heart. She sighed happily as she listened to its soft thump. The beating quickly changed, as did Draco's breathing. A hand reached up and tangled itself in her hair. Draco had woken up.

"Morning love." Draco whispered, his words echoing strangely in her ears. Ginny lifted her head from his chest and smiled up at him.

"Morning."

"Ready for your first day at Malfoy Manor?" Draco asked, rubbing her shoulder. Ginny yawned.

"I've already been here several times." Ginny mumbled, cuddling up to Draco.

"Ah, but it would be your first full day here. And…" Draco squeezed her hand.

"As Mrs. Draco Malfoy." Ginny closed her eyes and smiled, thinking of what Draco had just said. Draco smiled at her.

"I'm going to have some tea." Draco said, scooting to the side of the bed. "Meet me in the kitchen." Draco got off the bed and picked up a robe off the arm of a chair and headed out of the room. Ginny lay in the large bed and gazed at her surroundings. A closet, wooden dressers and nightstands, a finely crafted owl perch in the corner near the window draped in, to her surprise, gold curtains. She was wrapped in the finest of sheets in a shimmery color of smoke. 6 pillows lined the black wooden headboard, the imprints of Draco's sleeping form made wrinkles on the pillowcases. She got out of the bed, put her feet in slippers and slid into a robe. She yawned as she opened the door. She gave a squeal and jumped back in surprise.

"Good morning Mrs. Malfoy." Snape sneered as he walked up the hall, his lip curling at her messy hair. Ginny went red and hurried the other way to the stairs.

ooooo

Down in the kitchen, Ginny hurriedly took a seat next to Draco.

"Met up with Mother's dear ol' boyfriend this morning?" Draco asked. Ginny nodded.

"He's like Filch. He pops up everywhere." Ginny said, pulling a cup of tea towards her.

"Just wait until tonight." Draco told her. As she sipped her tea, Ginny remembered that they were supposed to have dinner tonight. What a travesty this was going to be.

ooooo

Ginny and Draco sat side by side at the long table in the dining room. Narcissa sat at the head of the table, Snape on her right, Draco and Ginny on her left. Three house elves bustled in, carrying trays above their heads. They lifted the lids off the trays revealing the meals underneath. With a snap, all meals appeared along the length of the table. There were rolls, wine, chicken and turkey, vegetables and fruits.

"I hope this is all to your liking Ginny." Narcissa smiled down at her. "Draco adores turkey."

"I didn't know." Ginny admitted. Snape made a `tutting' noise. Narcissa continued to smile.

"Sev tells me you've gotten a job at the Ministry, when do you start?" Narcissa struck up the first conversation.

"Yes… I begin Monday." Ginny replied.

"Draco." Snape drawled out. "When are YOU going to get a job, mmm?" Snape cut into his chicken severely.

"Hmmm." Draco replied. Ginny touched his knee under the table, his voice was dripping with sarcasm already.

"Whenever I feel like it I suppose." Draco said, smiling at Snape. Snape scowled in return.

"Sev, it couldn't hurt for you to go back into the workplace either." Narcissa said quietly.

"Cissa, you know the ministry wouldn't allow it."

"And why not? Your trial is over and you were cleared." Narcissa set her silverware down with a loud thunk.

"I agree." Draco said angrily. "I think you should get out my house ad start working so you can live on your own again."

"Draco!" Narcissa said.

"Thrill me." Draco said, turning to Snape. "How DID they let you go. Why are you still here?"

"I could ask you the same thing, but I already know the answer." Snape snapped back at Draco.

It sunk in to Ginny that Draco wasn't aware of what had gone on with Snape after he had been caught. After all, Draco had been in hiding.

"The wizards and witches at the Ministry were very kind. Memoirs left behind by Albus Dumbledore explained his relations with Severus."

"You were doing Albus too?" Draco asked, a smile playing at his lips. Ginny choked on her roll.

"The memoirs," Narcissa continued, ignoring Draco's comment, "helped keep him alive. He had a trial very much like yours, but served time in Azkaban. He was let out not to long before you came home."

"So when did you two start shagging?" Draco growled. It was Narcissa's turn to choke.

"Draco! This is highly inappropriate!"

"I think it's highly inappropriate for you to be shagging my school teacher while Father lies in jail!"

"It's my business!" Narcissa argued.

"Seems like he can't even `do' business." Draco spat, regarding Snape. Ginny stifled a laugh. Snape looked outraged. Narcissa glared at Snape for a brief moment before turning back to her meal.

"Enough of this." Narcissa said, glancing at Snape who had speared his chicken breast with his knife. Draco shot an evil look at Snape before returning to his dinner. When it was time for dessert, the house elves came in with trays yet again.

"Ah! Spotted dick!" Narcissa said, giving her hands a little clap. Draco opened his mouth and Snape pointed a long finger across the table at him.

"Don't… You…. Dare." Snape growled. Draco just smiled.

ooooo

Author's Note- Phew, sorry this took so long. I've been through a lot and haven't been up to par with writing. In case you didn't catch all the pointed sexual innuendos towards Snape, his salmon isn't swimming up stream, so to speak. Haha for him. Well… I hope to get more chapters up. You like, yes? Reviews are VERY much appreciated!


-->