Unofficial Portkey Archive

Confusion by RowlingIdol
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Confusion

RowlingIdol

Confusion

By Lauren G. (aka RowlingIdol)

Author's Note: I know it's been a while. You can thank the release of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire on DVD in the US for this. : D

Chapter 17: Bonding… without glue

That night at dinner, Ginny was bombarded about her first day at work.

"Did it go well? Was everyone nice to you? Do you work tomorrow?" Narcissa pressed.

"Um…" Ginny started. "It went quite well. Mostly everyone was pleasant and I work every other day, so no."

As Ginny finished, Narcissa set down her silverware with a clink. Draco and Snape looked at her.

"Would you like to go to town with me? The boys can stay at home." Narcissa invited.

"No." Draco and Severus said at the same time.

"That would be nice, thank you." Ginny said, giving Draco an apologetic look.

"Cissa…. What do you expect me to do in the day?" Snape asked.

"You could cover up your gray." Draco said, indicating Snape's changing hair color. Snape gripped his knife and glared at Draco.

"Or…." Draco began to continue with a smirk.

"Don't you dare say it boy." Snape hissed.

"Now now. I'm sure you both can find plenty to do." Narcissa said with the air of she wasn't going to hear another word. She picked up her silverware again and dinner continued.

ooooo

Upstairs in Ginny's room, Draco came in while she was writing a letter to her parents. He sat down next to her and watched her write.

"It's so strange." Ginny said suddenly. She put down her quill and leaned back against the couch.

"What's strange?"

"You." Ginny said.

"I'M strange?" Draco asked.

"Sort of." Ginny said. She pulled up her legs and hugged them to her chest.

"You are the sweetest person I have ever met. And all along it was hidden inside you. When I met you this summer, I thought you a total different person. When I see you tease Snape the way you do, it just shows me that you're still you. The Hogwarts you."

A smile played at the corner of Draco's lips.

"With the exception of you switching whom you're teasing from me and my friends to your own Head of House." Ginny giggled.

"Even though he kept me from harm in my 7th year, it was all because of my mother actually. Once Snape stepped out of the picture, my father stepped in. After how he treated me then, I hated all father figures. I guess that explains my rage towards him."

"Because you don't want him treating you like he's your father?"

"Exactly." Draco sighed and leaned his head back. "I do enjoy seeing him squirm." He admitted with a grin.

"What's your favorite color?" Ginny suddenly asked. Draco looked surprised.

"Green of course. And what is yours?"

"Blue. Favorite number?"

"Number? What kind of question is that?" Draco asked.

"Just answer it!" Ginny giggled.

"Um…. 7?"

"I like anything starting or ending with the number 5."

"Peculiar." Draco said. Ginny beamed at him.

"Now it's your turn to ask."

"Hmmm…. Favorite animal?"

"I like a lot of them but if I had to choose, I'd say a deer."

"I like bears."

"Not ferrets?" Ginny asked, holding in her laughter. Draco was quiet a moment before laughing, Ginny doing the same.

"This is fun." Ginny said, reaching for Draco's hands. He kissed her knuckles, causing her to blush.

"What color underwear am I wearing?" Ginny asked.

"White?" Draco answered in a hurry.

"Nope! Guess again!" Ginny said, standing up and running away from Draco.

"Guess I'm just going to have to find out for myself!" Draco called, chasing after her. They raced into his bedroom, door slamming behind them.

Snape walked upstairs to the library, potion book in hand. He paused outside the door hearing fits of giggles and deep laughter.

"Aqua? How was I supposed to guess that?" He heard Draco say. Snape rolled his eyes, plugged his ears and continued on his way.

ooooo

"Be nice mum." Draco told his mother as she and Ginny prepared to go to Diagon Alley.

"Be nice to Snape dear, don't tease him about his `you know what'." Narcissa said. "Ginny dear, are you ready?" Narcissa called. Ginny came down the stairs with a small bag.

"Dear me, we must go shopping as well." Narcissa said, looking her over.

"That's what I meant by being nice Mother." Draco said. Narcissa patted her son's shoulder and guided Ginny to the door where they were to Apparate.

"Enjoy your day dears." Narcissa said to Snape and Draco before they exited the manor.

There was silence between the two.

"Would you like -" Snape began.

"No." Draco said, walking away. Snape sighed and headed off towards the basement.

ooooo

Arriving in Diagon Alley, Narcissa led Ginny to a place she had never been before. It was called Goddess and it was a witches dream come true. Goddess was run by an old witch who didn't look her age at all.

"My mother has always wanted to go here." Ginny said as they walked up the building's white stairs and into the glamour of the store.

"Spa days are very healthy." Narcissa said happily. Judy, the witch who ran the spa hurried over to them with a face close enough to a clowns.

"Is this her?" Judy asked, pinching Ginny's cheek.

"This is Draco's wife, yes."

"Hmm." Was all Judy said. They took off their cloaks and they were magically drawn to a coat rack and hung there waiting. Judy led them to gigantic white chairs and sat them down. A box floated their way with different shades of nail polish in them. Ginny chose a pearl white color while Narcissa went with her `usual' as she told the box and a bottle of pearl pink rose up.

"I do wish Sev and Draco got along well." Narcissa said. "With his father away I still feel he needs to have fatherly guidance. Lucius' father died before we were married so my father gladly gave him advice on being a good husband to his little girl." Narcissa smiled. Ginny just listened as Narcissa went on.

"I think you two are perfect. Draco is lucky to have you. Had you not found him, he would have gone his entire life without finding anyone to look past his history and love him."

"Um… thank you. I guess…" Ginny said.

"Of course…" Narcissa said, tilting her head towards Ginny. "You should have at least waiting before going to bed." Narcissa said, using her favorite term for `sex'. Ginny tinted the color of Narcissa's nail polish.

"Lucius and I however waited a month before going to bed." Narcissa babbled. Ginny suppressed a groan. She never expected her first spa day to be spent hearing about her mother in law's sex life.

"Sevvy on the other hand, he can't keep his hands off me, even when he can't get his erection up."

Ginny wanted to die.

ooooo

Author's Note- Phew!!!!!!! I am in the process of writing the next chapter as we speak. Hope everyone still likes this story and will continue to read and review! Happy reading!

P.S. Anyone heard of MySpace.com? www.myspace.com/princess_selphie


-->