Unofficial Portkey Archive

Confusion by RowlingIdol
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Confusion

RowlingIdol

Confusion

By Lauren G. (aka RowlingIdol)

Author's Note: Second chapter based on lyrics. Hooray! I listened to this song throughout the part of Half-Blood Prince where Snape kills Dumbledore and people all talk and stuff. Many of you have reviewed (Yay! Thanx! Keep it up!) and have asked questions regarding the wedding rings and what happens when the Ministry will come to visit. I will get to them in good time. So for right now, just enjoy this new chapter. Sorry it's short, I am exhausted.

Chapter 7: Sugar We're Going Down

"EXPLAIN YOURSELF!" Mrs. Weasley screamed, slamming the newspaper on the table. Ginny flinched.

"It's clear he had her brainwashed." Hermione spoke up.

"Ginny? Are you okay?" Harry asked, rushing forward and putting a hand to her forehead as if he was checking for a fever.

"That scum! I'm going to kill him for brainwashing you!" Ron said, slamming his fist on the table. He then recoiled his hand, tears welling in his eyes. He begun nursing his bruised hand.

"Ginevra Weasley! I am shocked!" Mr. Weasley said, looking more sad than shocked.

"What is the meaning of this?" Mrs. Weasley asked, picking up the paper and brandishing it in Ginny's face.

"I um… I can explain." Ginny said.

"Can you?" Mrs. Weasley barked. "Go on then!" Ginny looked nervously around at everybody. She gave Hermione a pleading look but she ignored it and proceeded to the sink to get Ron a cool washcloth for his hand.

"I found Draco when I was last at Fred and George's shop. He was starving and I gave him food and I knew I had to turn him in to the Ministry. And they were going to sentence him to death."

"And he should be!" Mr. Weasley said.

"No, Daddy! He shouldn't!" Ginny cried out exasperated. "So I told the Minister that we were married so he could have a chance of living."

"GINEVRA WEASLEY!" Mrs. Weasley said.

"He's telling the truth mum! I know it! He has a trial set up. And if he does prove to be guilty, then they'll lock him up like his father."

"I think we ought to have you tested for brainwashing spells." Mrs. Weasley said, frowning at her daughter.

"I'm going to kill that git." Ron muttered. Harry however was looking at Ginny's ring finger.

"Where did the rings come from?" He asked, pointing. Mrs. Weasley immediately grabbed Ginny's left hand and examined it.

"It's a fake." She said, letting go. Hermione then looked at it.

"Ginny! What spell did you use?" She asked.

"Omoria Wauldrom." Answered Ginny, confused.

"GINNY! Do you know what you just did?" Hermione shrieked. Harry and Ron looked confused. Mr. Weasley was scratching her head and Mrs. Weasley had begun to sob.

"I just magicked up a pair of rings. They should come off soon, I don't know what the problem is."

"You don't know what the problem is. Well, I'm not going to tell you." Hermione said smugly.

"I thought you were my friend!" Ginny screeched at the bushy haired brunette.

"I am Ginny. I tried to help and you've gotten yourself into this whole mess."

"You are grounded! FOREVER!" Mrs. Weasley screamed herself hoarse. Ginny screamed in frustration and stomped up to her room, making the whole house shake.

oooooo

She was so angry. They all thought she was brainwashed. No one would believe her about how Draco was telling the truth. And even when the results of his trial would be in the paper, her parents would be convinced he had somehow hoodwinked the jury into declaring him innocent. She flung herself on her bed and began to sob. Angry voices continued on downstairs.

There were footsteps on the stairs. By the sound of the voices downstairs, it had to be Harry. She could only hear Hermione, Ron, and her parents arguing. Ginny could imagine Harry shaking his head in disappointment outside her door. She threw a pillow over her head and screamed into her mattress. She knew herself. She knew she hadn't been brainwashed. She had been under someone else's control once before. She knew what it felt like. The feeling would never go away from her memory. But what she did know was that Draco had not harmed her whatsoever.

oooooo

Ginny woke up, her hair in a tangle and her clothes still on. She had probably cried herself to sleep. She stretched and her pillow fell off her head and onto the floor. She ran a hand through her hair and looked at her alarm clock. It was after 9 at night. Everyone would have had dinner already. Lots of thoughts began to go through her head. It wouldn't be long before her parents had calmed down and called the Ministry to tell them of her lie. But if that happened, then Draco would be sentenced to death for sure. She groaned and fell back onto her bed. She wouldn't forgive herself if anything happened to him. She couldn't understand why. She gripped at her hair and closed her eyes. Just then, a tapping at her window caught her attention. She groaned again. Ron had probably locked Pigwidgeon out again. She got up and opened the window. Pigwidgeon did not fly in. Instead, an eagle owl flew in and perched itself on top of her vanity mirror. A letter fluttered to the ground. She picked it up and turned it over. It was sealed shut with forest green wax and sealed with an `M'. She hurriedly opened it.

"Saw the paper. Coming to get you. Sugar, we're going down. ~D." read the letter. Ginny frowned. He was coming to get her? The paper had been out since early afternoon. When would he be here? She looked in the mirror and started brushing her hair furiously. She threw her brush down.

"I look horrible." She said to herself.

"No you don't. Now get on the broom." Ginny whirled around. Draco Malfoy was hovering outside her bedroom window on a black broomstick, the eagle owl perched on the tip.

"What are you doing here?" Ginny hissed.

"Didn't you get my letter? I saw the paper and figured you'd be in trouble. Came as soon as I could."

"I've been grounded. Forever." Ginny said. Draco just smirked.

"Why are you here?" Ginny asked again.

"Returning a favor. It's my fault you're in this mess. I'm taking you with me."

"With you where?" Ginny asked, reaching for her cloak.

"Away." Draco said, holding out his hand.

"For how long?" Ginny asked, moving towards the window.

"However long it takes." He gave her a small smile. Ginny took his hand and climbed onto the broomstick. With a flick of his wand, Draco closed her window and took off into the night.

oooooo

Sugar We're Going Down

By Fall Out Boy

Am I more than you bargained for yet

I've been dying to tell you anything you want to hear

Cause that's just who I am this week

Lie in the grass, next to the mausoleum

I'm just a notch in your bedpost

But you're just a line in a song

(A notch in your bedpost, but you're just a line in a song)

Drop a heart, break a name

We're always sleeping in, and sleeping for the wrong team

We're going down, down in an earlier round

And Sugar, we're going down swinging

I'll be your number one with a bullet

A loaded god complex, cock it and pull it

We're going down, down in an earlier round

And Sugar, we're going down swinging

I'll be your number one with a bullet

A loaded god complex, cock it and pull it

Is this more than you bargained for yet

Oh don't mind me I'm watching you two from the closet

Wishing to be the friction in your jeans

Isn't it messed up how I'm just dying to be him

I'm just a notch in your bedpost

But you're just a line in a song

(Notch in your bedpost, but you're just a line in a song)

Drop a heart, break a name

We're always sleeping in, and sleeping for the wrong team

We're going down, down in an earlier round

And Sugar, we're going down swinging

I'll be your number one with a bullet

A loaded god complex, cock it and pull it

[x2]

Down, down in an earlier round

And Sugar, we're going down swinging

I'll be your number one with a bullet

A loaded god complex, cock it and pull it

We're going down, down in an earlier round (Take aim at myself)

And Sugar, we're going down swinging (Take back what you said)

I'll be your number one with a bullet (Take aim at myself)

A loaded god complex, cock it and pull it

We're going down, down (down, down)

Down, down (down, down)

We're going down, down (down, down)

A loaded god complex, cock it and pull it

We're going down, down in an earlier round (Take aim at myself)

And Sugar, we're going down swinging (Take back what you said)

I'll be your number one with a bullet (Take aim at myself)

A loaded god complex, cock it and pull it

Author's Note- First off, I suck at creating my own spells. I know no Latin and I didn't want to bother with looking up Latin words to create a spell with, so that's all you get. Second, I hope everyone liked this chapter. I am glad people like my story. Someone had commented on it not being so dark as it was in the beginning. That's probably because I'm not one to write dark themed stories. It is a romance fic and therefore will become fluffy like cotton candy, not rotten candy. Hope that doesn't anger anyone and make them want to stop reading my story. Last two- One: is the Basilisk in the Chamber of Secrets movie male or female? I say female. And two: REVIEW!!!!!!!!


-->