Unofficial Portkey Archive

Confusion by RowlingIdol
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Confusion

RowlingIdol

Confusion

By Lauren G. (aka RowlingIdol)

Author's Note: As far as the whole: Not allowed to have Ron/Hermione pairings in this story - thing goes, this is my story. I will not disclose how the pairing ends, because we all know it must. Just because I like the pairing and included it in the story didn't mean I was going to schmooze around the rules. I know what the rules are and I plan on following them. Thank you for your concern, now on with the chapter.

Chapter 31: The Blame Game

The silence felt pressuring in the room. Ginny sat turned away from Draco on the bed and Draco stood stock still.

"What do you mean." Draco said quietly.

"I'm late." Ginny said, continuing to play with her hair.

"Late? Late for what? Did you biological clock go off already?" Draco asked, throwing his hands up in the air in frustration.

"No!" Ginny said, equally frustrated. She really wished Hogwarts had offered an anatomy class at that time. "Late for my period. Do you know what that is?"

"Of course I do!" Draco angrily said. "Its what you put at the end of sentences. What does that have to with this?"

"Not THAT kind of period!!!!" Ginny yelled, standing up.

"Then what?"

"You know… Menstrual period." Ginny said, sitting back on the bed.

"Oh." Draco said. There was more silence.

"Well….." Draco said.

"Well what?" Ginny asked back. Draco didn't reply. He just shrugged. Ginny clenched her teeth and made a `grrr' noise. She then burst into tears and ran out of the room. Draco pounded his fist on the vanity and headed out of the house.

ooooo

Ginny wasn't in the house either. Draco had know idea where she went. He hardly even knew what had happened. Nothing made sense. She `thinks' she's pregnant? How does she think that? Is she or is she not? What if she is? How did it happen? Ever since third/fourth year, Blaise- a player in the making -told him about the contraception spell and how it prevented pregnancy. Draco used the spell every time so how could this have happened? He decided to go see Blaise, in the only place he knew he'd be.

Draco arrived hassled at Racers. The bartender nodded at him but Draco just shook his head, signaling, no drinks. Blaise was talking with some men in his usual corner. Draco headed over. Blaise nodded to the men and excused himself.

"How's it going?" Blaise said, clapping Draco on the shoulder. "Buy you a drink?"

"Not today." Draco said. Blaise sat down at his table and Draco did as well. A blonde girl walked by and winked at Blaise.

"What's up." Blaise said. "I know something's wrong." Blaise sipped his drink and sat back in his seat.

"Don't you…. Ever worry?" Draco asked.

"About what?"

"Well… You know…. With all those girls. Don't you ever worry that something's going to happen?"

Blaise set it down and leaned forward, arms resting on the table.

"Sometimes. Just have to be careful." Blaise said. "Of course, if anything WERE to happen, I can tell you that it would be a hell for me."

"What do you mean?" Draco asked.

"My lifestyle, mate. I work early morning delivering for the shops in Diagon Alley, and then I spend the rest of my time here with my girls. You're a professional Quidditch player. That's got to be bringing in the dough right there."

Draco gave a little nod.

"Plus. You're married." Blaise finished his drink and slid it towards the edge of the table. "Still… I can't believe you ended up with the youngest Weasley…. Through school, she was still hot though. For a Gryffindor."

A corner of Draco's mouth lifted up in a smile and he nodded again.

"See? It would be a lot easier for you if something were to happen."

"But what would you do?" Draco asked. Blaise shook his head.

"I'm not the person to be asking that." Blaise said. He then stood up and left Draco alone.

Draco pondered what Blaise had just said. He had a feeling Blaise meant he had to be asking himself what he would do. He held his hands up to his head as if he had a migraine. What WOULD he do?

If Ginny WAS pregnant, that meant a kid. They had discussed before that they weren't ready for a kid. But he HAD said- You never know… And what about Quidditch? He would have to travel sometimes for Quidditch, be out of the house for Quidditch. Could Ginny take care of the kid without him around 24/7? He was sure his mom would help, and of course her mom as well. But a kid meant a whole other person to care for. It was almost like the situation with Leopold, except Draco hoped the kid would a) look better, b) not be a brat, and c) it would be his own to care for, not someone else's. Could they do this?

Draco sighed and wondered about Ginny. He still had no idea where she was. As he got up to leave, he saw someone who might know.

"I need to talk to you." Draco said, tapping Ron on the shoulder. Ron was standing around talking to a bunch of guys and a girl, obviously his Quidditch team buddies. Ron stepped away from the group to talk to Draco.

"What are you doing here? Where's my sister?" Ron said, looking over Draco's shoulder.

"I don't know." Draco said, looking at the ground.

"Lost her have you?" Ron said in an airy tone.

"I take it that means you know where she is." Draco said, eyebrows narrowing.

"Maybe I do, maybe I don't."

"I need to find her." Draco told Ron sternly.

"Well, if you pissed her off so much he had to leave the house, it's a good guarantee she didn't go to our house. You'd be blasted to bits by now if she did. So that basically leaves one other place." Ron said. Draco didn't say anything, he just turned on his heel and left.

ooooo

There was a knock on the door. Hermione opened the door, a book in hand.

"Oh its you." Hermione said to Draco, walking away from the open door and sitting back down on the couch.

"Where is she." Draco asked Hermione.

"Why do you care." Hermione said. "You must have pissed her off pretty good."

"Yeah, so I've heard." Draco said, looking around the flat.

"She didn't even tell me what's wrong. She was crying too much. She's in my room." Hermione said, opening her book and continuing to read. Draco headed down the small hall and opened the door into a small bedroom with flowery sheets.

"Go away!" Ginny practically wailed seeing it was Draco. Draco closed the door behind him.

"You smell like smoke." Ginny said as Draco approached her.

"I was at Racers." Draco said.

"Oh, so you thought you'd have a drink before looking for me." Ginny said angrily.

"No, I went to talk to someone."

"Who?"

"Blaise. I saw your brother there. He told me you might be here. I didn't know where to look." Ginny didn't say anything.

"Can we talk?" Draco asked quietly. Ginny sat on Hermione's bed with her back towards him.

"Please?" Draco said, even softer.

"About what." Ginny snapped.

"I think you know." Draco said.

"Say it." Ginny said.

"Say what?" Draco asked.

"Say what you want to talk about. Or are you too scared to say it?" Ginny said. Draco could see her head bobbing with attitude as she spoke.

"Can we talk about the pregnant thing." Draco almost mumbled.'

"What for. You don't care." Ginny said.

"I do." Draco said. He walked forward and touched her shoulder lightly. Ginny burst into tears, turned around and flung herself into Draco's arms.

"I'm so scared…" She sobbed into his shirt. Draco put his arms around her and held her tight to him.

"It's ok. We can talk about it. Let's get you home." Draco said. Ginny nodded and they left Hermione's flat with so much as a nod.

ooooo

Ginny sat in her pajamas, curled up in Draco's bed. Draco lay next to her, playing with her hair. It was nothing but silence. It was silent between them the way back from Hermione's flat, and it was silent up until now. Draco opened his mouth to speak but ended up sighing heavily.

"What." Ginny said, looking up at him. He blinked a couple of times before trying to speak again.

"Are…. Are you sure?" Draco asked, voice choking.

"I don't know. This has never happened before." Ginny said.

"How are you supposed to know." Draco asked. Ginny closed her eyes and thought really hard.

"It's been three weeks since I was supposed to get my last period. The girls at school knew a lot more about sex and pregnancy than me, go figure." Ginny said. "Mum never liked to talk about it. I've also felt really tired and moody." Ginny said.

"Is there any way we can find out for sure?" Draco asked.

"I'm sure there is. But what I can't figure out is how it happened. We've been so careful." Ginny said, snuggling up to Draco.

ooooo

The next morning, early morning, Draco was awakened by Ginny.

"Draco I just thought of something." Ginny said.

"Mmmmmm." Draco said, rolling over.

"Draco! Draco! Draco I thought of something!" Ginny said again, shaking him.

"Mmmmm what." Draco said, squinting his eyes.

"I think I know what happened." Ginny said.

"We had sex, that's what happened." Draco said.

"Get dressed." Ginny said, getting out of the bed and hurrying to get ready.

ooooo

Draco and Ginny ended up at Weasley Wizard Wheezes just as they were opening.

"'Ello sis!" Fred said to Ginny as they walked in. "Care for our latest product?" George came over and presented a spray can to her.

"Whipped cream?" Ginny asked.

"Wicked cream!" George said. "Makes your tongue turn 50 different color after eating. Only 5 Sickles!"

"I don't care about your whipped cream." Ginny said.

"Fred! She still has her thong on!" George called. "What's up Ginny? Where's our sweet baby sister?"

"Fred, George, what's in that bowl of candy in the back."

"Oh that? Just some samples of candy we haven't perfected yet." Fred said. "Why, did you like some of it? You didn't eat the taffy did you?"

"No I didn't eat the taffy. What are the lollipop things?"

"Those?" George and Fred said, snickering. "Those are supposed to be our newest edition to our love candies. Remember those love potion chocolates?"

"Yes." Ginny said, crossing her arms. "What do they do?"

"Well." George snickered. "It's a bit embarrassing."

"Too embarrassing for your female ears." Fred chimed in.

"TELL ME WHAT THEY DO!" Ginny screamed.

"They're meant mainly for guys. If a guy has one he'll get an um…. Erherm, a uh…" Fred stuttered.

"Okay I get the point." Ginny said, closing her eyes. "And that's it?"

"Well no." George said. "To make things a little more comical, they have to wait for it to wear off, they can't use a spell to make it go away."

"So spells won't work."

"As far as we know they won't. I tell you, my balls still hurt."

"EW SHUT UP!" Ginny screamed at her brothers.

"Why? Did you eat one?" Fred said, bringing out the bowl of candy from the back and dangling one in her face.

"NO! He did and now I'm pregnant!" Ginny yelled.

"What?" The boys said.

"You knocked up my sister?" George said, putting his hands into fists and turning towards Draco.

"You're WHAT?" Fred yelled at Ginny.

"It was YOUR candy!" Draco yelled, pointing at Fred and George.

"Yeah well YOU shouldn't have eaten it!" Fred said to Draco.

"Well YOU shouldn't have left it lying around!" Draco yelled back.

"Well YOU shouldn't have stuck your thing in my sister in the first place!" George yelled back.

"I can do that whenever I want!" Draco yelled. "Its because of your stupid candy the spell didn't work!"

"What spell? A contraceptive spell?" Fred asked.

"Duh!" Ginny chimed in.

"Its your stupid candies fault." Draco snapped.

"Our candy is NOT stupid!" George said.

"Is too!" Draco said.

"Okay, okay boys!" Ginny cried, breaking up the argument.

"I suggest you dispose of those before something else happens." Ginny said.

"Are you sure you're pregnant?" George asked.

"Pretty sure." Ginny said.

"Holy shit. You're like what, seventeen?" Fred said.

"Don't make it any worse." Ginny said, looking down.

"Mum's going to have a field day." George said.

"DON'T tell Mum! Not yet! Don't tell ANYBODY. If you tell someone, I will tell Mum all about those Playwizards I found in your upstairs nightstand that day we watched the store for you."

"Okay okay, we won't tell Mum." Fred said quickly. "So you…. Um…. Ate that candy while you watched the store?"

"Yes." Ginny said.

"EW!!! You did it on my bed didn't you!" Fred said, backing away.

"Um… It was the one with the blue sheets." Ginny said, blushing.

"AW!!!!!!!! SICK!" George screamed.

"Boys!!!" Ginny said, screaming over George.

"Now! You need to PLEASE keep this from mum." Ginny pleaded.

"Keep what from me?" chimed a voice from the doorway.

ooooo

Author's Note- Ah yes… The cliffhanger. What will happen now? Two more chapters on the way! And if anyone draws fanart based on fanfics, which I have seen a few of, I would love it if someone could come up with some art for this story if possible. Please R & R.


-->