Unofficial Portkey Archive

Confusion by RowlingIdol
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Confusion

RowlingIdol

Confusion

By Lauren G. (aka RowlingIdol)

Author's Note: One reviewer has questioned about my other stories. The Ron/Luna story is over, as is Angel Kisses. Don't Forget To Floss isn't one of my favorites, so it's been on hold for a very long time. I went away this weekend so this is why this chapter is up later than expected.

Chapter 18: Tea Time at the Burrow

When they returned home, Ginny had a purse matching Narcissa's and several dresses and robes and a new pair of shoes. Draco gave his mother a peck on the cheek and kissed Ginny softly on the lips.

"Have fun?" He asked, admiring her nails and the fresh glow about her.

"Somewhat." Ginny admitted, wanting to block out the spa talk out of her mind. He laid his hand on her lower back and began to lead her away past his mother and Snape, whom was being doted on by kisses. Narcissa paused and turned to Ginny.

"Ginny dear!" She said. "I would love to do this again! Next free day?"

"Oh. Um… Well. I promised my mother I'd have tea at home next day off." Ginny admitted.

"How about Saturday then?" Narcissa arranged.

"That would be lovely, thank you." Ginny said. Draco tugged at her hand and they went upstairs.

ooooo

Draco kissed Ginny's hands as they sat in Ginny's room as they did the previous night.

"Where did we leave off?"

"Well, I barely had time to finish my mother's letter."

"Yes. The tea."

"Yeah. Apparently there is much going on at the home and she wants to keep me up to date."

"Is your father okay?"

"All better." Ginny said smiling. Draco squeezed her hands.

"I'm glad."

"Would you come along?" Ginny asked Draco. He paused.

"If that's what you'd like." Draco said. Ginny leaned in and kissed him.

"Yes."

"Favorite food?" Draco asked.

"Spaghetti. Favorite flower?"

"Whatever flower you like." He replied, kissing her. Ginny giggled.

"I love you." Ginny said suddenly. Draco scooted close to her and slid her into his lap and hugged her.

"I love you too." He whispered.

ooooo

Thursday afternoon, Ginny dressed in a pair of khaki's and a silk blue top. Draco looked casual in a pair of jeans and a polo shirt as he waited for her in the parlor. Snape was organizing a box of potion ingredients and Narcissa was sewing.

"We're heading to Ginny's house mum." Draco said.

"Have a nice time dears." Narcissa waved at them as they headed out the door. Snape peered over his glasses at Narcissa as the door closed.

"What in Merlin's name are you making." He said quite apathetically.

"Oh, just a little something." Narcissa said. She held up the white fabric that was in a clear outline of a baby bib.

"For God's sake woman. One step at a time… One step at a time." He muttered and went back to his box.

ooooo

As soon as Ginny arrived at the Burrow in a flurry of grass and dust, her mother rushed out and greeted her.

"Ginny dear! Oh how I missed you! And what you've missed! Come in come in!"

"Mother, I brought Draco." Ginny pointed out before heading into the house. Draco cleared his throat. Mrs. Weasley looked at Draco in a way she had never done before.

"Draco!!!! Come in!!!! Nice to have you back." Mrs. Weasley gave him a smile and hurried back into the house. Ginny gave him a surprised look. Draco shrugged.

Inside, tea was waiting. A fancy stationary paper lay on the table.

"Guess whom I received letter from just yesterday?" Mrs. Weasley gushed.

"I don't know. Who?" Ginny said, adding sugar to her tea.

"Fern Haverland. I didn't even know she knew who I was! But thanks to you…" Mrs. Weasley bustled around the table and pinched Draco's cheek. "I never would have been invited to tea with her and your mother in law on Saturday."

Ginny nearly choked on her tea.

"Narcissa requested you come as well?"

"And why not?"

"Who's Fern Haverland?" Draco asked.

"She's the leader of the W.S.C." Mrs. Weasley said. There were confused looks.

"The Witches Social Circle! Only the finest witches belong to it!"

"It's the country club of the wizarding world." Mr. Weasley said, walking into the room holding a golfing magazine. Ginny got up and gave her father a hug.

"What's a country club." Draco again questioned.

"They're buildings where the rich go to be social. It says right here!" Mr. Weasley showed Draco the magazine, which was clearly Muggle- just like the airplane magazines in the shed.

"Ah. I see." He said.

Mrs. Weasley hummed a tune as she brought lemon cookies to the table.

"I'm so glad to have been invited! Who knew? Me!" She laughed and sat down and busied herself with a biscuit. There was a slamming noise and an unexpected face came down the stairs.

"Ah! Harry!!! Care to join us?" Mr. Weasley said, waving a jam covered knife at him.

"No thanks." Harry said, seeing Draco and Ginny seated next to each other at the table. There was another slamming noise and he was gone from the house. Mrs. Weasley tutted.

"Such a shame…" She whispered.

"Why is he here mum?" Ginny asked. Mrs. Weasley looked at Mr. Weasley.

"He and Hermione had a disagreement."

"Disagreement?" said a loud voice. Fred burst into the kitchen from the back door followed by George.

"She kicked him out!" George replied to his twin's comment.

"Of his own house!" The twins said in unison.

"Upstairs, both of you! Get those boxes out of Percy's room like we called you over here for!" Mrs. Weasley shooed the twins away. Behind their mother's back, the twins made faces. They hurried up the stairs and out of sight.

"What happened?" Ginny asked after they had gone.

"Ronald said that he was being moody. Coming home drunk every night."

"Traumatized that boy is now." Mr. Weasley said, his words mumbled with the food in his mouth.

"Said some not very nice things about her… And some of his other acquaintances as well." Mrs. Weasley said with a finish. She shook her head.

"He said some choice words with me my first day of work." Ginny admitted.

"No!!!" Mrs. Weasley said. "What did he say?"

"He was upset that I didn't personally tell him about the um… Marriage." Ginny blushed.

"Oooh. Look at my daughter!" Mr. Weasley interrupted. He reached over and clapped Draco on the shoulder.

"Also he made some snide remarks about why we were married." Ginny said.

"Well, we all had something to say…" Mrs. Weasley said, glancing at Draco.

"He thought I was pregnant." Ginny said. The kitchen was quiet for a moment.

"Good heavens- ARE YOU?" Mrs. Weasley screamed.

"No!!! No no!" Ginny said. Mrs. Weasley shot Draco a look.

"Now Molly." Mr. Weasley said, tapping her on the shoulder. Molly took a breath and let it out slowly. She smiled.

"Enough of this. I am just so happy our family is being recognized!" She clapped her hands and reached for her teacup.

ooooo

Mr. and Mrs. Weasley showed Draco and Ginny to the door.

"I am excited to see you all on Saturday. Take care of yourselves." Mrs. Weasley kissed Ginny on the cheek.

"Have a good time dear." Mr. Weasley waved.

"Don't you worry about Harry. I'm sure it will be sorted out all in good time." Mrs. Weasley patted Ginny on the shoulder. Ginny waved goodbye to her parents before Apparating.

Back at the Malfoy Manor, Ginny and Draco went up to his room. Ginny brushed her hair as she sat on the bed.

"Well. I'm glad your mother likes me now." Draco said, changing into a black tee-shirt. Ginny blushed. He came over and sat next to her.

"Either way, I hope you have fun Saturday." He kissed her neck causing Ginny to giggle.

"I'm worried about Harry." Ginny admitted. Draco sighed and laid back against the bed.

"Why are you worried about that git?" Draco asked, reaching up and rubbing her back.

"His girlfriend kicked him out of his own house!" Ginny said.

"I'd never kick you out." Draco said.

"Nor I. But I could make you sleep on the couch. That's what my mum would do whenever my dad made her mad." Ginny replied.

"I'd sleep in your room." Draco said.

"I'd lock it.

"The library."

"I'd lock that too."

"Guest room?" Draco tried.

"That too." Ginny smiled. She then frowned. "I just hope he's okay." Draco groaned.

"Gin. Think about this for a moment." He sat up and cupped her face with his hands.

"Who are you with." He asked.

"You."

"Who are you married to?"

"You."

"Who do you love?"

"You."

"Do you forgive me for all the horrible things I said to you, your family, and your friends in school?"

There was silence.

"Is that what this is about?" Ginny asked, taking his hands and squeezing them.

"Well, no one should treat their girlfriends, or their wives for that matter, like the way Harry just treated his. I've done that to you in the past. I don't believe you've forgotten." Draco said. Ginny shook her head.

"I know the true you. So of course I forgive you." Ginny kissed his pointy nose, causing him to smile.

"But if I find you going back to your old Hogwarts ways and belittling me and my family, I'm taking a leaf out of Hermione's book and kick you out of your house as well." Ginny teased.

"Oh I don't think that would happen." Draco said. "I have far greater ways of keeping myself in the house if I should ever upset you."

"And what might that be?" Ginny asked, smiling. Draco grinned.

"Make up sex."

ooooo

Author's Note- If no one caught it, Mrs. Weasley has become happy with Draco because she is being noticed by the higher-class witches, a dream I think someone of her status would love to have happen to them. Ginny's being married Draco attracted the attention to her. If Draco married a Weasley, there must be more to the Weasley family than originally thought, right? Riiiiight. :) I thought it was a good way to switch the feelings around.


-->