Unofficial Portkey Archive

Confusion by RowlingIdol
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Confusion

RowlingIdol

Confusion

By Lauren G. (aka RowlingIdol)

Author's Note:

Chapter 33: Memories and Muggles

"Never did I ever think that I would live to see the day, that a Weasley and a Malfoy would procreate." Snape said in a drawl from the corner of Narcissa's bedroom.

Narcissa looked over and gave Snape a look, who returned without a word to the mornings copy of the Daily Prophet.

"Don't mind him." Narcissa to Ginny who was sitting in front of her. Narcissa was using her wand to curl Ginny's hair in front of the vanity in her room. Snape was sitting eerily nearby reading the paper in a high back floral printed chair that matched the rest of the décor of the room. A house elf bustled in and handed Snape a hot cup of tea, which he promptly set down on a doily on the side table next to the chair.

Ginny flushed as she stared down at her hands, which were folded in her lap. Narcissa continued to fuss with her hair. Ginny thought about the upcoming events and the past events of the last week.

ooooo

It was the night after the game against Germany. Ginny and Draco had managed to escape the swarms of photographers and were on their way to the Burrow for dinner. They arrived flustered to an already chaotic home.

"For Merlin's sake Mother!" Ron was practically screaming inside the house.

"We're here." Ginny called out as they entered in through the back door.

"Don't you let that perv in the house!" Ron screamed at Ginny, bursting into the kitchen and pointing over her shoulder at Draco.

"What did I do?" Draco asked, immediately backing up.

"You knocked up my sister and I'm the last to know!!!!" Ron yelled.

"Now Ronald…." Molly said, bustling in the kitchen after Ron and tugging at his arm. "You leave him alone."

"But MUM!!!! How could you invite him to dinner after what he did to her?" Ron asked.

"It's not like he gave me a disease." Ginny said, crossing her arms angrily and glaring at her brother.

"Well he COULD have and YOU just don't know it yet!" Ron yelled back. "He probably gave you some Slytherin disease that he caught from one of the floozies at Hogwarts."

"Mum will you shut him up?" Ginny asked, brushing past Ron.

"Ronald leave your sister alone. She's in a delicate condition."

"She's in a DANGEROUS condition. The thing is probably going to eat her alive." Ron said, following after Ginny and nagging in her ear.

"Leave my wife alone." Draco said sternly, still standing at the door.

"Stop using that word!" Ron said, rounding on Draco.

"RONALD WEASLEY YOU LEAVE HIM ALONE RIGHT NOW!" Molly screamed, practically shaking the house. Or it could have possibly been the arrival of the twins.

"Looks like we arrived just in time." Fred said, bursting in from the front room.

"Hey perv." George said to Draco. Draco was fuming but miraculously, Molly continued to come to the rescue. She gave the twins an icy stare so cold that they shut up and immediately took their seats.

"Hello boys." Mr. Weasley said, coming into the kitchen. He gave Ginny a kiss on her head. "How is my freckle pumpkin." He asked her.

"Fine." Ginny said, glaring at Ron. Draco had taken a seat next to her at the old wooden table.

"We are here to have a pleasant dinner, so I expect everyone to act as such." Mrs. Weasley said, waving her wand and the dinner plates whisked themselves to their places at the table.

"Yes ma'am." The boys muttered. When Molly sat down, the boys immediately grabbed for the food.

"I got the special edition news." Mr. Weasley said calmly. He looked over at Draco and Ginny.

"So who won." George said to no one in particular.

"The Falcons." Arthur said.

"No way!" Ron said. "That means you get to go to Japan!" He whined.

"Japan! That sounds exotic." Mrs. Weasley said, cutting into her chicken.

"How many people can go?" Ron asked, completely changing his persona.

"However many we let the coach know." Draco said, not looking at Ron.

"Aw….. I probably won't make it." Ron said, crossing his arms. "Coach has special training for us all next week."

"Who said I was inviting you?" Ginny asked him. "You insulted my child."

"Well…." Ron stuttered. "It was an accident. Can you blame me?"

"What was an accident? My child or your comment?" Ginny snapped.

"Uh um….." Ron said.

"Us Malfoys are NOT accidents." Draco said angrily.

"It was unplanned." Ginny said.

"Sounds like an accident to me."

"It was a surprise. Now shut up or I won't bring you a souvenir." Ginny said. Ron pouted and went back to his food.

ooooo

The following day at the manor, Snape had sneered at the Daily Prophet, with to no surprise, had the picture of Draco and Ginny on the cover.

"It says here that they've determined what the child will look like." Snape said. Underneath the article were two pictures. One of them was basically a crude cut and paste of Arthur Weasley's face with Lucius' hair. Another picture showed a vampire.

"How rude!" Narcissa had said. Snape grinned evilly when she wasn't looking. Narcissa questioned the dinner at the Burrow that night and Draco reveled in the events that occurred.

"Not accidents?" Narcissa said. "Your father and I thought you were going to be a girl for the longest time." She told Draco. Ginny stifled a giggle as she sat next to Draco in the parlor with everyone else.

"After you were born, he let out the largest breath I have ever heard to this day. I believe he held it in the entire 9 months." Draco grumpily crossed his arms on the couch.

ooooo

Ginny smiled to herself.

"I bet you're so excited for this." Narcissa told her as she continued to curl Ginny's hair.

"Yes." Ginny said. She thought about Draco, who was downstairs. He had been uptight for the past couple of days leading up to the trip to Tokyo. Today he was going to experience something he had avoided his entire life. Muggles.

ooooo

"A what plane?" Draco had said when he came back from the pre Tokyo trip meeting with the rest of the Falcons team.

"Airplane. Remember those magazines my dad has in the shed you stayed in?"

"I try to not remember." Draco said.

"It's the only reasonable way to get there." Ginny reminded him.

"I disagree. What's wrong with Apparating? Flying brooms? Flying cars?"

"Remember the Quidditch World Cup? How complicated getting there was? Its like that."

"It was NOT complicated." Draco said.

"For others it was." Ginny replied. Draco sighed.

"But WHY do we have to go on a plane?"

"Security reasons I suppose." Ginny said. "Because of, you know… The war. They don't want to go setting up Apparation points that can be infiltrated by the wrong people."

"Does it have to be a plane?" Draco whined.

ooooo

Draco grumbled next to Ginny the entire time they walked through the London Airport. Ginny was too busy to keep him in line because she was having a hard time with her father.

"Whats a Starbucks?" Arthur Weasley loudly said as they walked past a coffee shop in the airport.

"It's a drink Dad, lets keep moving. You're making people stare." Ginny told him. At the security pass, Arthur put up another fuss when asked to remove his shoes.

"I paid good money for these. You can't have them!" Arthur told the security guard.

"Uncle, let the nice man see your shoes." Hermione said. She smiled at Ginny who smiled back. She was glad she invited Hermione along. She really could use the extra hand with her dad who was eager to travel amongst Muggles. It was in the plan to have Hermione pretend she was the niece of the family.

"Will I get them back?" Arthur asked the man. The security guard nodded.

"Where are you headed?" One of the baggage screeners asked Draco who wanted deeply to refuse to answer.

"Tokyo." He said through gritted teeth.

"Large group." The screener observed.

"Business trip." Draco said, looking at the rest of the team and their families who filed in line behind him.

"What business."

"Sales." Draco said. The screener looked at the broom tucked inside the black canvas bag.

"Fancy cleaning products." The screener said. Ginny pinched Draco's arm and he painfully cracked a small smile. They filed out of the security check and to the gate.

ooooo

After they touched down in Tokyo, Draco could swear he had an ulcer for being around so many Muggles. Ginny was really re-thinking inviting her parents along. Her Dad kept yelling out the word - Amazing!!!! - during the flight and an attendant had to come over to shush him.

Once outside the airport, Mina and Dean were there to greet Draco, Ginny and Ginny's family. They had arrived ahead of time, them being familiar with the city, to set up the arrival of the team.

"Good to see you." Mina said to Ginny, giving her a hug. "We've called for Taxi's." Draco stiffened beside Ginny at the word.

Hermione giggled and Ginny turned around to see what was up.

"Um… Hello." Harry, who had also come along on the trip, was saying to a gaggle of Japanese girls who had suddenly crowded around him. They were speaking rapid Japanese. Mina began to laugh as well.

"What' so funny?" Ginny asked Mina.

"They think he's some English actor by the name of Radcliffe." Mina said.

"Go along with it." Hermione whispered to Harry who blushed furiously.

ooooo

Author's Note- Funny way to end the chapter. This took a while to get out. I will write more about their trip later. For now, this is what you get.


-->