Unofficial Portkey Archive

Confusion by RowlingIdol
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Confusion

RowlingIdol

Confusion

By Lauren G. (aka RowlingIdol)

Author's Note: UPDATED TWICE 3/26/06. Make sure you read this and the one before it if you haven't already! This one is going to be fun to write, and to read! Enjoy!

Author's Note 2: Um… I feel REALLY embarrassed. I thought everything was loaded of Angel Kisses, but I found out today, that it wasn't. So I went ahead and added the last three missing installments. SORRY!!! Read it though please!

Chapter 21: For Merlin's Sake

A few weeks went by and things were pretty settled in the Malfoy home. Draco had taken up Quidditch again to keep busy. Somewhere past the beginning of August, Ginny was getting ready for work when a house elf came into Draco's room. Ginny was primping her hair in the mirror over Draco's dresser.

"An owl for you miss." The elf squeaked. Pigwidgeon flapped his little wings and flew over to Ginny. Draco came out of the bathroom.

"A letter? This early?" He asked. Ginny opened the letter. She smiled.

"Aw… My parents sent me a birthday card! How sweet." Ginny said. She turned around and started fixing the collar of Draco's shirt, which was askew. Draco's heart dropped to his testicles.

"A…Birthday card?" He stuttered.

"Mmmhmm." Ginny said.

"It's your birthday?" He gasped.

"Yes." Ginny smiled, rubbing at Draco's morning stubble.

"Your birthday." Draco repeated.

"Yes." Ginny smiled.

"And you're…. How old?" Draco said, almost whining.

"Seventeen." Ginny said, walking back to the mirror and tugging at a few out of place strands of hair.

"Se---- Se--- Seventeen?" Draco said. He thought he was dying.

"Yes. Now I have to go." Ginny smiled, walked up to Draco and kissed him. He mouthed silently back. Ginny waltzed out of the room. When he heard the double doors shut….

"OH SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

ooooo

"What's the matter sweetie?" Narcissa asked as Draco rumbled down the stairs.

"It's Ginny's birthday!" He practically shrieked.

"That's lovely dear, has she left already?"

"It's her birthday!" Draco repeated.

"Should I have the elves bake a cake?" Narcissa asked confused, not realizing her son had no idea it was Ginny's birthday prior to five minutes ago.

"How many candles?" Narcissa asked. Draco's mouth opened and closed like a fish out of water.

"Seventeen." He muttered. "I MARRIED A 16 YEAR OLD!!!!!!!" Draco screamed. Snape chuckled.

"Your father and I were engaged when I was sixteen." Narcissa said.

"No wonder her family hates me!" Draco said, beginning to pace. Snape looked extremely pleased.

"Her family hates you?" Narcissa asked.

"I didn't even bother to ask her when her birthday was!!!!!!!" Draco continued.

"Maybe you shouldn't have been married then." Snape interjected.

"She's very mature for her age." Narcissa pointed out. Draco stopped in his pacing and stood for a moment deep in thought.

"HOLY SHIT I FORGOT MY WIFES BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!! FOR MERLINS SAKE!!!!!" Draco screamed. He ran back upstairs. Narcissa shook her head.

"Silly boy. Forgetting important dates." She said. She flipped the pages of her Witch Weekly. Snape coughed and stood up and started to head quietly to the basement.

"Wait a minute…. SEVERUS SNAPE!!!!!!!" Narcissa screamed. Snape stopped in his tracks and cringed. Narcissa threw her magazine down on the loveseat.

"YOU FORGOT OUR ONE MONTH ANNIVERSARY!" She screeched.

"I'm old! Old people are allowed to forget things." Snape tried to apologize.

"You're not THAT old!" Narcissa said. She stalked off grumpily. Snape sighed and followed after her.

ooooo

Ginny got back to the Manor late. She had gotten held up at work with an overload of appointments to fill and her brothers had stopped by to wish her a happy birthday. She tiredly kicked off her pumps and headed upstairs.

As soon as Ginny entered her room, she was instantly enveloped in darkness.

"What the…" Ginny said, reaching up and taking Draco's hands off her eyes.

"Surprise!" He said, wrapping his arms around her waist. Her room was filled with probably a thousand or more red roses.

"Draco! What's this?" Ginny asked.

"It's your birthday." He said, leading her into the room.

"Draco." Ginny said sadly, "I didn't tell you it was my birthday because you didn't have to do anything for me." Draco frowned.

"Why did you think that?" He asked, taking her to her couch and sitting down, pulling her onto his lap.

"I don't know. I've never had a huge birthday at home. A few presents and my favorite dinner. That's it. You didn't have to do this." Ginny said, picking up a nearby rose.

"I love you. That's why I did it. You're a Malfoy now and as my wife, you get whatever you want. And…. Some stuff you might not have asked for." He said, looking around at all the flowers. Ginny stared around the red filled room and snuggled her face into Draco's neck. He smelled like spice and pine, her favorite. He had been wearing it the day they got married. She leaned back and looked at him. She realized he was dressed very nice with a suit and tie on.

"Why are you dressed like that." Ginny asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Get dressed. I set out the dress the Zabini's sent you. There's one more surprise. Hurry though." Draco said. Ginny kissed Draco's cheek and hurried to get ready.

ooooo

Once Ginny was ready, Draco handed her a medium sized box, which she promptly opened. She frowned at what was inside.

"A newspaper?" Ginny asked, tossing the box aside and holding up a newspaper.

Draco just smiled and took a hold of a corner of the newspaper. Before she knew it, she and Draco were being whisked away on the newspaper Portkey. They landed outside on a very high round platform with tables and candles. Stars were outside and the clattering of a kitchen nearby could be heard.

Ginny walked to the edge of the platform and looked down past the wrought iron railing.

"Are we…. Where I think we are?" Ginny asked peering very far down.

"Where do you think we are." Draco whispered, coming up behind her and hugging her. Ginny swallowed hard.

"The Eiffel Tower?" She squeaked.

"Mmmhmm." Draco said, nuzzling her neck.

"But how??? When??" Ginny said, turning around and staring at her surroundings.

"I got a hold of Goyle. He sent me the newspaper Portkey and set it up to land here. He says `hello'. Quite surprised to find out I was alive and married actually. Especially to you."

Draco led her to a table and before long; other couples were arriving at the top of the Eiffel Tower restaurant. Waiters emerged from the kitchens inside and went around to the tables, taking orders. Draco ordered in French to the waiter. Ginny was speechless.

"Still wish I had done nothing?" Draco asked, reaching across the table and holding her hand.

"Not really." Ginny blushed in the candlelight.

"These past two months have been a blur. I can't believe I'm here where I am. And who I'm here with. And… who I'm married to." She said.

"This whole year has been a blur for me. All I ask Ginny, is that you believe in the me now, not the me back then." He said, kissing her hand. Ginny's eyes teared up as she smiled.

ooooo

At the end of their dinner, Draco spoke in rapid French to the waiter. The waiter smiled and left. He returned with a small dessert. He spoke in French to Ginny, reached for her hand, and kissed it. Ginny blushed.

"What did he say?"

"Happy Birthday Beautiful." Draco smiled. Ginny blushed more.

"Make a wish?" Draco said, waving his hand over the dessert, producing a lit candle in the middle. Ginny squeezed her eyes shut and quickly blew out the candle. Draco sipped the rest of his wine.

"Do you know what's on Saturday?" Draco asked, leaning back in his chair.

"What?" Ginny asked.

"One month wedding anniversary." He said smiling. "And I guarantee I won't forget that."

ooooo

Back at the Manor, it was very late but the house was very active. As Draco and Ginny tiredly made their way up the stairs, Narcissa could be heard complaining.

"Sevvy let me in." Narcissa pouted, knocking on the Master Bedroom door. Ginny looked at Draco who rolled his eyes and shrugged.

"Oh! You two are home! Happy birthday Ginny!" Narcissa said, leaving the door to kiss Ginny's cheek and give her a hug.

"I thought you were mad at your boyfriend for forgetting your one month shagging anniversary." Draco said in an annoyed tone to his mother. Narcissa ignored her sassy son and sighed.

"Well, he made up for it."

"Aw- MOTHER!!!!!!" Draco screeched, putting his hands over his ears.

"You tell your son to shut up!" Snape said through the door.

"Sevvy let Cissy in." Narcissa continued to baby talk.

"NO!" Snape grumpily replied. Narcissa sighed again.

"We have a problem." Narcissa said.

"Did you lose the key to the handcuffs again?" Draco snapped.

"No no, I have that." Narcissa said. Draco grimaced. Ginny desperately wanted to go to bed but Draco held onto her hand tightly.

"Then what?"

"Don't you DARE tell him Cissa!" Snape barked through the door.

"Well… Sev has come down with something…. Or up is more like it."

It took one second for the vague hint to sink in.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" Draco burst into laughter, letting go of Ginny's hand and falling back against the wall, clutching his sides.

"CISSA!!!!! I TOLD YOU NOT TO TELL! FOR MERLINS SAKE WOMAN! DO YOU NOT LISTEN TO ANYTHING I TELL YOU????" Snape yelled.

"I'm sorry! I didn't think he'd figure it out!" Narcissa apologized. Draco took Ginny's hand and they went to his room. Pajamas for Ginny were already laid out. Draco collapsed chuckling on the bed. Ginny slipped quickly into her pajamas and crawled over to Draco.

"I love you." Ginny said, snuggling up to him. He wrapped an arm around her shoulders.

"I do too. I'd um… offer to give you one last gift, but from the look on your face, you're ready to pass out." Draco said, turning over and kissing her nose. Ginny yawned.

"Yeah." She said.

"Well, even if we did do it, I have the safe knowledge that MY erection would go down." Draco said, cracking a smile. Ginny giggled and kissed his cheek before crawling up to her spot in the bed and quickly falling asleep.

ooooo

Author's Note- Did everyone get this chapters Snape joke? He is such a thrill to tease! The Sorcerer's Stone was on ABC Family tonight but I couldn't bear to watch much of it, especially because I tuned in when the scene with Snape in the potions classroom was playing and I couldn't stand to write about him and his long lasting erection while he was on the television screen. LOL! I hope you enjoyed this one as much as me! Please read and review!


-->