Unofficial Portkey Archive

Confusion by RowlingIdol
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Confusion

RowlingIdol

Confusion

By Lauren G. (aka RowlingIdol)

Author's Note: I've read a lot of my reviews and I just want to say thanks for all the great ones. I know not a lot of people like the whole `Ron/Hermione' thing, so I will try to lessen the R/Hr stuff. I've read lots of other D/G stories with pairings like Hermione/Blaise and Ron/Pansy and I think those are more out of the ordinary. And as much as I hate to admit it, I do think R/Hr is the way things are going to end up in reality but who knows. Either R/Hr or H/Hr, I'll be happy. And as far as the `sequel' stuff- only time will tell. :) Keep reading and reviewing! I have three more chapters in mind after this one so stay tuned. In case anyone else is as lame as me, my MySpace is: http://www.myspace.com/princess_selphie

Chapter 30: The Quidditch Wives Club

"No." Draco told Ginny.

"Yes!!! Come on!!!" Ginny pleaded.

"No!!" Draco said.

"I didn't spend nearly two weeks planning this surprise party for nothing! I have stressed and worried about making this perfect! You WILL do it!!!!" Ginny said, pointing her finger at him.

"I am NOT going to crouch behind a couch and jump out and yell `surprise' for Hermione." Draco said firmly.

"Fine." Ginny said, turning around and marching over to the couch. It was Hermione's birthday and Ginny had spent forever planning a surprise party. With Hermione as the birthday girl, Ginny had to be super secretive so everything went as planned.

"She's coming!" Ron said, peering out the window. He flicked off the lights and everyone ran and hid behind the couch. Draco stood to the left of the couch, arms folded across his chest.

"Ooof!" Draco said, as Ginny yanked him down to the floor.

The door clicked open and Hermione came in and flicked on the lights.

"Surprise!!!!!!!" Everyone yelled, with the exception of Draco, and jumping out from behind the couch.

"Oooooooh!!! Wow!!!" Hermione said, smiling at all her friends. Ginny had managed to wrangle Neville and Luna into coming to the party along with some of Hermione's friends from work.

"Happy birthday!" Ginny said to Hermione, giving her a hug.

"You planned all this for me? Aw… Thanks!" Hermione said, squeezing Ginny in another hug.

"I tried to invite Harry but he has his last session today so he barely missed it." Ginny said.

"That's okay. Hopefully we'll see him at the Quidditch game." Hermione said. Ginny nodded.

"Now eat your cake before Ron finishes it." Ginny said, leading Hermione to the kitchen and laughing.

ooooo

It was now the first Quidditch Game of the season. Draco had been out of the Manor since early that morning and Ginny was now gathering everybody at the Burrow. Hermione was there but not Ron. Ron was going to be watching the match with the rest of the Cannons.

"Mum! For the millionth time, you HAVE to wear gray!!! You can't wear orange!" Ginny practically screamed.

"Sheez Gin. What's got your panties in a bunch?" Fred said.

"You shut up about my underwear!" Ginny yelled.

"She's just stressed." Mr. Weasley said, putting his arms around his daughter and giving her a small squeeze.

"Can I bring something orange?" Mrs. Weasley asked. She wasn't too fond of the color gray and wanted to support her `ickle-ronnie-kins' by involving herself in orange.

"Ugh!!! Now we're going to be late." Ginny said.

"I think it's a thong." George whispered to Fred.

ooooo

At the London National Quidditch Stadium, conveniently located with all the perks of the Quidditch World Cup stadium (meaning Muggles couldn't find it), Ginny and her family where ushered to the side by one of the many people letting viewers in.

"Up to your right Mrs. Malfoy." The man said. Ginny heard Fred and George make gagging noises.

She later heard her family gasp behind her as they stepped into the booth. It consisted of rows and rows of plush chairs and seating in stadium fashion, with the front row open to the field. Several people already were inside.

"Mrs. Malfoy I presume, you can sit up here." Said an attendant in the booth.

"Why can't I sit with my family?" Ginny asked, indicating the fleet of people behind her.

"Quidditch Wives rules." The attendant said and nodded his head towards the front row.

"I have to sit up here." Ginny told her family.

"Are these box seats?" Mr. Weasley asked. He had brought with him a baseball magazine and was intently reading it.

"I think so." Hermione said. "The opposing team has a same booth on the opposite side of the stadium. Everyone else is in open seats."

"Oooh how exciting." Mrs. Weasley said, wiggling in her seat.

ooooo

Ginny sat in the seat farthest away from the other ladies that were sitting in the row. She could feel them staring at her but she didn't look their way. They all seemed older than her and were used to the rules of the team booth. A petite woman with black hair and asian features stepped into the row and sat next to her.

"Hello. I'm Mina." The woman said to Ginny. Ginny turned.

"Ginevra. But… everyone calls me Ginny." Ginny said, shaking the woman's extended hand.

"Ah.. You're the Seeker's wife."

"Yes." Ginny said.

"I'm the Beater's wife." The lady said. She giggled. "That sounds so bad. Dean is really sweet though." Ginny smiled back.

"Have the others introduced themselves?" Mina asked.

"No." Ginny shook her head. Mina looked over at the three women at the end of the row.

"Those are the Chasers wives. They all tend to stick together." She said.

"I can see that." Ginny replied.

"Is this your first game as a Quidditch Wife?" Mina asked.

"Yes. Why do they call us Quidditch Wives?" Ginny asked.

"Because its what we're are. We're the wives of the players."

"Are all the players married?" Ginny asked surprised.

"Well.. Not really. The other Beater, Karl? He has a fiancé right now and the Keeper has a girlfriend."

"Are they not allowed to sit with us?" Ginny said, looking around.

"They could. They just don't choose to." Mina said. She indicated a group of people in the back.

"The one on the left, that's Karl's fiancé."

"Is your family here?" Mina then asked.

"Just my side. Draco's stayed at home." Ginny said. Mina immediately picked out the Weasley clan.

"Your mother is so cute." Mina said.

"She really likes high class society." Ginny said, blushing.

"My dad is like that." Mina said, sitting back in the chair.

"After the game, we all have to go down to the field and greet the players. It's like, tradition or what not. I think Lozinski just likes to show us off."

"Why?" Ginny asked, horrified.

"Oh its not like that!" Mina said, tinting pink. "He likes to have us come down to the field and stand with his team because to him its like- Look at my team, they're the best, not yours. Having the public see his team and their wives is better than just the team itself. He's one weird Russian."

"Ginny!" Cried out a voice, causing both girls to turn.

"Luna????" Ginny said, standing up. Luna Lovegood was running down the stairs in the team booth.

"What are you doing here?" Ginny asked Luna. Ginny could see out of the corner of her eye that Hermione was wildly trying to get Luna's attention from her seat.

"I'm here with my date!" Luna said.

"Don't tell me you're dating one of the players?" Ginny asked horrified.

"Nope!" Luna said, beaming. Ginny looked at Luna who wasn't wearing gray at all. She however had a fancy Ministry of Magic badge on and her hat was magicked to look like a Quidditch Score Board.

"So I went to the Ministry the other day. After Hermione told me about Ron getting onto the Cannons, I wondered if they could use my Quidditch commentator talents."

"You're the commentator? That's not what I'd call a date, Luna." Ginny said. Luna ignored her.

"So THEN- I went to the Sports office. But I got held up on the way because I heard this guy talking about Heffalumps…"

"Heffa-what? Oh Luna…" Ginny sighed.

"And so I asked him if there had been a sighting of them and he said no, they were discussing names of Quidditch teams and they were just joking around. Well, I let him have a piece of my mind. Heffalumps are NOT to be joked about. They are killing machines! So the guy asks me who I was and I said my dad writes the Quibbler. And then I guess he knew I did the Quidditch commentary at Hogwarts and said that HE was the Quidditch commentator for the first game and wanted to invite me along!"

"So where is he?" Ginny said, looking around the room.

"He's coming. I told him you were in here so he said I could go ahead."

"Hello!" Said a cheerful voice suddenly from over Luna's shoulder. Ginny's mouth fell open.

"I need to sit down." Ginny said sitting.

"How is your brother?" Oliver Wood asked.

"Fine." Ginny said.

"We're going to go have drinks after the game. Want to come along?" Luna asked.

"Um.. No thanks." Ginny said observing the two. As Luna walked away, Hermione ran down and started talking to her.

"Friends?" Mina asked.

"Yes." Ginny said, sitting back down.

"Are you okay?"

Mina sure asked a lot of questions, Ginny thought. Luna and Oliver? It was quite cute even though he was older than her.

"I just wasn't feeling too good today. All the excitement and such…" Ginny said.

"It's okay. I felt that way at Dean's first Quidditch game too." Mina said.

ooooo

"And they're off!" Oliver Wood's voice belted out over the stadium. The gray players blurred with the blue as they tore off around the field. Cheers roared all around the stadium. The first game of the season and the excitement could be felt in the air.

"You do know.." Mina said, as they clapped as the players flew past. "That if they win enough games, they will go on to play some of the World Teams?"

"No, I didn't know that." Ginny said.

"Yeah. After the war and after the Sports department got back together, lots of things still need to be worked out as far as in-city teams and word teams go. Bulgaria has been a pain in the arse about being on the Word Team circuit."

"Do you think they have a chance?" Ginny asked, watching the game play out in front of her.

"Everyone has a chance. It would be great if it did."

"Falcons SCORE!" Wood cried out. There was a great eruption from the stadium.

*ting!* Went the scoreboard on Luna's hat.

ooooo

The Falcons ended up winning 265 to 140. As soon as the bell rang, signaling the winner, the Chaser's wives got up and headed out of the team booth. Mina stood up after the women passed her and Ginny followed as well. Ginny gave her family a wave as she walked past.

Down on the field, the view was amazing. Everyone was so far up from the ground it hurt Ginny's neck to look up at the stands. The grass was lush and both teams were gathered in the middle of field. Ginny waited with the other women on the sidelines. Lozinski said a couple of words to the crowd, emitting more cheers. The Captains both shook hands and the teams went off their separate ways.

"Great job! Great job! This iz great!" Lozinski said to his team as they tromped back across the grass. The press had emerged for pictures of the team. Lozinski grinned and put his arm around one of the Chasers and posed for pictures. Dean came over to Ginny with Mina and shook her hand.

"Nice to meet you. Your husband plays well." Dean said. She thanked him and Mina and Dean walked away.

"Hi." Draco said, coming up to her. His hair was stuck together at the front from sweat and his cheeks were red.

"Hi." Ginny said smiling at him and taking his hand.

"Where the other girls nice?" Draco asked, leading her away through the team entrance.

"Mina was. The other ones were sort of quiet. Luna was there. She was on a `date' with Oliver Wood." Ginny said.

"Imagine that." Draco said, putting his arm around her.

"The guys are going to go out tonight." Draco said, indicating the rest of the team.

"Oh." Ginny said. "Luna invited us out for drinks tonight."

"All right. We can do that then." Draco said, picking up his black bag of regular clothes from the team's locker room. Draco and Ginny then headed out to meet with Ginny's family.

"I passed." Ginny admitted.

"Well that's okay." Draco said.

After some brief chit-chat, the Weasley's parted their ways and Ginny and Draco Apparated back to the Manor.

Up in Draco's room he took a shower and changed into a comfy shirt and a pair of slacks.

"So are you going to go out?" Ginny asked Draco, fiddling with a piece of hair.

"Dunno…" Draco said, rubbing his wet hair with a hand.

"Oh." Ginny said again, this time sadly.

"What's wrong? Do you not want me to go out?" Draco asked.

"No no. You can go out with your friends." Ginny said, slightly turning away from him.

"No, I can stay home. What's wrong?" Draco asked again.

"What do you mean?" Ginny asked, not looking at him.

"You've been acting funny lately. You're always stressed out or tired or getting upset." Draco said.

"No I haven't." Ginny said quickly.

"What's wrong." Draco asked firmly.

The seconds passed by like years.

"I think I'm pregnant."

ooooo

Author's Note- I know what everyone is thinking but the end of this chapter is enough so I won't say anything else. Now you guys just have to stay tuned. Please R & R.


-->