Unofficial Portkey Archive

What Is Love? by d&gforever
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

What Is Love?

d&gforever

Letting Go and Moving On

Draco sat in a meeting room with a black leather book in front of him. He had told Ginny he was coming to see Hermione today, but he didn't tell her the whole truth. He hadn't told Ginny about Harry and Hermione's marriage or their children.

Hermione was looking down at a scroll as she entered the room. She sat down and spoke without looking up. "I was told you needed my assistance."

"We need to talk, Granger," Draco whispered.

Hermione stood and started for the door.

"This is important, Granger. Or should I say, Mrs. Potter?"

Hermione sat back down. "How did you know?"

"Everyone of importance knows. Well, I never told Ginny. Potter's breaking up with her broke her heart. It would only cause her pain to learn about you, Potter and your children. I couldn't do that to Ginny," Draco stated.

"What are you on about, Malfoy?" Hermione spat.

Draco pushed the black book towards her. "Page 1023, I believe."

Hermione opened the book to the page Draco had indicated. The top of the page read, "Wizards and Witches of England". Below that were column headings: "Name, Gender, Date of Birth, Date Magical Ability Detected, Father, Mother."

She looked halfway down the page and saw;

Thuban Charles Malfoy male June 5th, 2000 June 5th, 2000 Draco Black Malfoy Ginevra Molly Malfoy nee Weasley

Harriet Jane Potter female Oct. 30th, 1999 June 6th, 2000 Harry James Potter Hermione Jane Potter nee Granger

Sirius James Potter male Oct. 30th, 1999 June 8th, 2000 Harry James Potter Hermione Jane Potter nee Granger

Hermione stared at the book. "Is this the book from Hogwarts, Malfoy?"

"No, Granger. There are a great number of books that print the names of magical children. I hate to break this to you, but everyone high up in the Ministry, as well as a number of old Death Eaters, know about your children."

"How long have you known?" Hermione's face paled.

"Since Cam was born. My father insisted on opening the book the minute my sons where born." Draco chuckled, "He's nutters about it really. The old codger stared at the book for five hours waiting for Serpens' name to appear. I'll never understand why he does it. There's no relationship between when the child's name appears and the strength of their magically abilities. Dumbledore's name didn't appear until he was ten." Draco speech turned into muttering at this point. He was clearing talking to himself, but Hermione heard him say, "Merlin forbid any of my children be Squids. Does the old fool really believe I could love them less or abandon them if they were? Stupid Malfoy pride."

Hermione scanned the page before her. She couldn't remember Cam's birthday, but his name didn't appear to be here. Was Malfoy lying to her? She looked up at him. "Draco, Cam isn't on this page."

"Cygnus is on the opposite page."

Hermione looked again and found the name Cygnus Abraxas Black-Malfoy whose parents were Draco and Ginny. "Malfoy, something's wrong with your book, Cam's last name is Black."

"The book is correct. By old wizarding law, Cam is the heir of Black."

Hermione's puzzled look, caused Draco to explain. "There are no living Black males, so the bloodline follows the female. Bellatrix and my mother are the only living females. Bellatrix had no children and my mother had only me. I can't be the Black heir because I'm the Malfoy heir, the same holds true for Thuban. Which means my second born son is the Black heir. His children will carry the Black name."

Hermione was still bewildered. "Really, Granger. Muggle royalty has been doing the same thing for centuries. It's a way to ensure the continuation of an important name and bloodline."

"Then Black Hall belongs to Cam. You cannot give it to Ginny. That document you gave her to sign is worthless," Hermione said in disgust.

"Black Hall will belong to Cam if he wishes to claim it. Something he cannot do until he's seventeen. The document I gave to Ginny clearly states that. It's not my fault if the Weasley's attorney can't translate a simple contract." Draco shook his head.

"Granger, I'm not here to discuss Cam or that contract. I've come to inform you of some things." Draco stood and looked out the window. "I love Ginny very much and I'm trying very hard to make her happy. Your repeated interference isn't helping." He tossed her the envelope Mr. Green had given him. "I was informed of your current endeavors yesterday afternoon. Your irrational behavior in this matter has me puzzled. I can only assume that for some reason you believe your children would be safer if Ginny and I divorced." He turned and gave Hermione a pointed look. "I mean your children no harm. I wish I could offer you more corroboration but the only proof I have is that I've known about your children and the location of your home in Muggle London for nearly five years. If I would have wanted them harmed, it would have already occurred."

Draco walked over to a very shocked Hermione and took her hand. "I beg of you, Hermione, stop your prying. It will only cause you trouble."

Hermione pulled her hand away. "How dare you come here and threaten me!"

"I am not threatening you. I'm informing you of the truth. I have promised Ginny to do my best to keep you safe and I will cause you no harm. But my father isn't a tolerant man. I am having a difficult time keeping his actions at bay."

Draco picked up the book and walked to the door. "My father will take any attempts to break up my marriage as an attack on his family. Please let it go, Hermione. As I have let go."

-----*****-----

Ginny sat on the settee in her parlor. Bellatrix's cackles from behind the walls set her nerves on edge. She didn't like that woman with her children. But when Bellatrix showed up at ten a.m. Ginny didn't know how to nicely get rid of her. Ginny knew Bellatrix would never harm the children, but she didn't want her children exposed to the witch's moral values.

She felt she couldn't kick Bellatrix out of their home after what Draco had done last night. He had flooed not only Fred and George to thank them again for returning Thuban, but he'd flooed the Burrow as well and made Ginny talk to her parents. He told her it was time to let go of the events that occurred in early March and move forward. During her floo call, Draco openly informed the Weasley family that they were welcome at Black Hall anytime they wished to visit. It wouldn't sit well with Draco if she didn't offer the same welcome to his aunt. But she intended to discuss Bellatrix's influence on the children with him tonight.

Before Bellatrix took the boys on their adventure through the hidden rooms and passageways of Black Hall, she told Cam that she would have to leave at eleven. Ginny thanked Merlin for the short visit and sent the house-elves Tipsy and Simon with the group with orders to advise her if there were a problem.

Right before the clock chimed the hour, the wall in Ginny's parlor opened. She was shocked. She had seen many hidden doors at the Manor and at Hogwarts but most were behind portraits, bookshelves and statues. She would have never guessed there was a door hidden in that wall. Bellatrix, Cam, Serpens, Tipsy, Simon and, lastly, Thuban came through the hidden door. Cam, Serpens and Bellatrix were laughing while Thuban glared at his great-aunt.

"Thuban, is there are problem?" Ginny asked.

Bellatrix turned to Ginny. "Thuban tried to venture off on his own."

Ginny arched her eyebrows at Bellatrix. If that witch had touched her little boy, she would feel her wand. "And what did you do to him?"

"I did nothing. Thuban stumbled by one of my father's many portraits," Bellatrix said and gave Ginny a wicked smile.

Thuban folded his arms. "There are way too many portraits of Great-Grandfather Black in this house."

Bella kissed Thuban's cheek and whispered, "It was my Great-Grandfather Pollux Black, who liked to inform my father on me. You will learn how to avoid his portraits." She gave Serpens a quick kiss on the cheek and turned to Cam. Bellatrix hugged him tight and kissed both of his cheeks. "I will see you again very soon, my sweet little boy."

Ginny flinched when she heard this. She wanted to scream, He's my little boy not yours. She fought back her anger and managed to smile at Bellatrix when she turned to her.

"Do you have time for tea, Bellatrix?"

"No thank you, Ginevra. Narcissa and I are due to speak at the Daughters Of Morgana luncheon shortly," Bellatrix arrogantly stated.

"Thank you, for stopping by, Bellatrix. The boys enjoyed your visit."

"Give Draco my love, Ginevra. I will see you Saturday Night at the Ministry Dinner." Ginny and the boys walked Bellatrix to the front door and she Disapparated when her feet hit the porch.

Ginny turned to her boys. "What do you fellows say to taking the brooms up for a spin?"

Cam and Thuban cheered loudly and called instantly for Tipsy to bring their brooms. Serpens ran to the cupboard and got his flying harness. He grew angry when he couldn't find Ginny's.

"Simon!" Serpens called. The aged elf was by his side in an instant. "I need Mummy's," the little boy pointed to the harness, "NOW!"

"Serpens, don't yell at the elves," Ginny corrected her little boy.

Simon placed Ginny's harness in the little wizard's hand. "Thank you, Simon," Serpens said sweetly to the old elf. He walked to Ginny and handed her the harness. "That better, Mummy?" Ginny smiled and nodded. When she bent down to help him with his flying harness and he stepped away. "No, Mummy. Daddy does this. Watch." Serpens slowly placed the harness around himself. His little hands straightened each leather strap and then buckled the six small latches on the front. Lastly, he pulled on the harness to make sure it was secure. "See!" he stated and then gave Ginny a bright smile.

"Wow," Ginny replied. "What a big boy you're becoming! It appears that Leo is the only baby in our family now."

Serpens beamed at her again, while Thuban and Cam rolled their eyes at each other.

The group walked out to the garden. Ginny connected Serpens' harness to her and then placed a charm on it insuring that the small child would not fall. Seeing their mother's wand prompted Thuban and Cam to ask a question.

"Mummy," Cam started then looked at Thuban.

"Mummy, Cam and I think it's time to move our brooms to the next flying level."

"Have you mentioned your thoughts to your father?" Ginny stared at her sons. Draco had told her on their holiday that the boys wanted their levels increased. They'd agreed to wait until the boys' next birthdays before even testing their ability to handle a faster broom level.

Thuban focused on his mother's eyes. He thought about trying Legilimency on her. He could read Serpens', Cam's and many other people's minds. Grandfather's friend, Professor Snape, had started teaching him last year. He'd told Thuban that he was a natural when it came to Legilimency. But Thuban also knew his mother was very good at Occlumency. If he made a mistake, she would know what he was doing and Legilimency could backfire allowing her to see some of the bad things he had done.

"Daddy said he needed to talk to you," Thuban answered. Those weren't Draco's exact words. Thuban decided omitting the words, 'maybe in a month or two', wouldn't be a problem even if his parents had talked to each other. Plus it left an opening for his mother to change their broom levels.

"I see. Well, I think we shall leave them where they are for today."

The boys groaned but quickly kicked off the ground and into the air. Ginny followed her sons though the sky. She still loved flying and Draco made sure she had the best broom money could buy. Black Hall, like Malfoy Manor, was far off in the country and had a large amount of grounds. Because of that and the concealment charm, they could fly freely.

"Mummy fly faster and higher," Serpens asked excitedly while remaining surprisingly still. Draco taught the boys early not to wiggle on the broomstick. If they wiggled too much the ride ended.

"We're going fast enough, sweetheart."

"Daddy goes faster. You fly like Daddy. I saw you after you make me nap."

Ginny giggled. She had been flying every chance she got when Draco wasn't around. She was trying to get back into shape. She hoped to play recreational Quidditch this season. Draco's team was looking for a chaser but she didn't think he'd take her. She hadn't been flying for almost ten months. His team took their division last year and Draco wanted to win again. When it came to Quidditch, he couldn't be swayed even by a brilliant shagging before and after the trial. But she hoped to make one of the weaker teams.

"Faster please," Serpens asked again.

"So, instead of napping like a good boy, you watch me fly?"

"No, I'm a good boy. I nap. You fly a long time."

"I'll go faster if you promise not to tell Daddy about my flying."

"Promise. Faster."

Ginny prodded the broom to increase its speed.

-----*****-----

Hermione sat in the Head Mistress' Office at Hogwarts with both bewilderment and disbelief written on her face. She closed her eyes and sighed. The Malfoys and likely all the Death Eaters knew of her children and had for six years. Why did McGonagall have them in hiding? She sighed again and Dumbledore's portrait opened its eyes.

"What is your problem, Hermione?" the portrait asked.

"Have the Malfoys and other Death Eaters truly known about my children for six years?"

"Maybe even longer, my dear."

"Then why have them in hiding, if the people we are hiding them from know?" Hermione asked.

"Is that not what you wanted, Hermione?"

"I thought I was hiding them from evil. I wanted them to have as normal of a life as possible." Hermione sat up in her chair. "If I would have known…"

"You would have spent the last seven years running from every shadow and unknown noise. Your children's lives would have been anything but normal," the portrait answered. "You and your children were watched closely in the beginning. After two years, we knew they were in no danger from the Dark powers."

"Why wasn't I told then?"

"That was my fault, you see. The wizarding world was still recovering from the war. I was afraid people would turn to the children of Harry Potter for help. They wouldn't have been able to have a normal life in the wizarding world," Dumbledore's portrait added.

"Will they ever be able to? Harry never did."

"Children of heroes never have normal lives. Nor do the children of perceived villains, nor will the one hundred and five children born as a result of the Pureblood Marriage Law. It is your decision now, Hermione. You can continue to live in the Muggle world with your children or you can introduce the wizarding world to them," the portrait said.

"It is safe to bring them into the wizarding community?" Hermione asked.

"Very safe!" said Professor McGonagall from behind her. "Remember, Hermione you and your children will have the added protection of the Weasley family. Since the news media is busy right now with the Marriage Law Annulments, your children may not even be front page news."

-----*****-----

Draco's Apparition into the foyer surprised Ginny who was showing Thuban's tutor out at the time.

"Sorry, Ginny," Draco said and then kissed her cheek. "It's nice to see you, Professor Milkens." He shook the professor's hand. "I hope the last three weeks haven't put Thuban's studies too far behind."

"Not at all, Mr. Malfoy. Thuban is very advanced for his age. He is far ahead of his peers. If you wish, I can extend his studies until late June instead of ending in May. But it isn't necessary," Professor Milkens stated.

"We'll let Thuban have a complete summer. There's no need to push the boy. We do need to made arrangements for both Cygnus' and Thuban's educational needs for next September. Ginevra or I will floo you early next week to set an appointment," Draco said.

"Next week will be fine, Mr. Malfoy. Mrs. Malfoy, I will see you tomorrow at twelve thirty." Professor Milkens walked out the front door and Disapparated.

As soon as the door closed Draco ran up the stairs. "Why are you home at three thirty?" Ginny called as she followed him up the stairs and into his bedchamber. She sat in a lounge and stared at his dressing room door.

"Blaise just flooed me." He came out of his dressing room wearing gray slacks and a t-shirt. He put his Falcons jumper on as he walked over to her. "He has an extra ticket to the National Quidditch Skills Competition tonight." He kissed her on the lips. "I love you." He kissed her again. "I should be home around eleven," he said right before he Disapparated.

"It would have been nice if you had asked," Ginny said to the empty space where Draco had stood a second before.

-----*****-----

Ginny felt Draco climb into her bed and she looked at the clock. Well, at least he kept his word, it was only ten fifty, she thought. He rolled over to her and pulled her into a spoon position.

"Merlin, I love you," he whispered.

She was expecting to smell Meade or Fire whiskey on his breath but she didn't. Although he did smell of Stadium popcorn, pumpkin juice, fresh grass and spring breeze, all the smells of a Quidditch pitch.

When Draco handed her the baby for his six a.m. feeding, Ginny was shocked by her husband's appearance. He was already dressed for the office.

"Love, I have to go in early this morning."

"Draco, my parents are coming to visit the boys this morning," she said in a half panic.

"I know. The wards are set, your wand's working again," he chuckled, "There won't be any problems."

"I wanted you to speak with the boys, again."

"They're fine with it, Gin. I talked to them Monday night." He looked at the clock. "I love you." He kissed Ginny and then Leo. "I love both of you. Floo if there's a problem, Ginny."

-----*****-----

Ginny walked her parents to the patio. She was hoping their first visit would go well. Her boys had spent a great deal of time on a floo call with them last night. She believed Serpens and Cam would be fine, but Thuban was on edge this morning. She dismissed the house elf and called the boys over from their swing set. They sat at the patio table with Leo in his bassinet behind Ginny. Serpens and Cam stood by their mother at first but after a quick whispered conversation, they went over and hugged Arthur and Molly. Thuban stood in the grass at the edge of the patio bricks. Ginny called to her eldest son, "Thuban, come and talk with your grandparents."

Thuban looked at the Weasleys. "My grandparents aren't here. Grandmother is at the Manor and Grandfather is at the office with my father. I only see two kidnappers."

"Do I need to floo your father, young man?!" Ginny said firmly to Thuban.

He shook his head and walked onto the patio. He glared at his brothers. Cam was sitting on Arthur's lap and Serpens was on Molly's talking happily. Thuban said a quick hello and walked over to the railed fence away from the group but still on the patio. He learned against the fence with his arms folded in front of him and his legs crossed. Ginny sighed and rolled her eyes but decided to leave him. He looked exactly like Draco.

Arthur placed Cam in the empty chair next to him and removed a small bag from his cloak. He withdrew his wand and enlarged it. He took two Sugar Quills out of the bag and handed them to Serpens. "These are for later, Serpens."

Cam pulled on Arthur's shirt. "Grandpa, is there anything in there for me?"

Arthur took out a small bag of Fizzing Whizbees and handed Cam the bag. "You must ask your mother before you eat any." Arthur then removed a chocolate cake from the bag. "If it's all right with mother, we can have the cake with our tea." Ginny nodded. And both boys at the table smiled.

A house-elf served tea and chocolate cake to the adults. The two boys had hot chocolate along with their cake. Molly smiled lovingly at Thuban. "Thuban, sweetie. Wouldn't you like some cake and cocoa?"

"No, thank you. I'm fine," he paused, "My father has Apparition wards placed on Black Hall. Only he and my mother can Disapparate with my brothers or me."

"It's nice to know your father is keeping you and your brothers safe." Molly smiled at the boy.

Arthur went back to the bag and looked at Thuban. "Would you like to see what we brought you, Thuban?"

"I don't need anything, thank you," he said then added suddenly. "My father has wards on the floo too."

Arthur ignored the boy's statement and removed the Wimbourne Wasps Quidditch gloves from the bag and placed them on the table. "If you change your mind they're right here."

"I won't change my mind." Thuban looked at the gloves longingly.

Molly looked around the garden from her chair. "I've always loved the grounds of Black Hall."

"You've been here before, Mum?"

"Yes, Ginny. Andromeda and I were best friends at Hogwarts. I spent many summers here. The house is larger than it appears from the front."

"This house is way smaller than the Manor! Our wing at the Manor was bigger. I hate it here," Thuban spat.

"That's 'cause the portraits tell on you," Cam stated with a giggle.

Thuban wrinkled up his face and growled. "No, I hate it here because there's no potions lab, no swimming pool, no lake, the creek doesn't have leeches or tadpoles, there's no place to collect potion items, and Grandfather and Grandmother aren't here."

"The pond at the Burrow is loaded with leeches, tadpoles, mudpuppies, water beetles and lots of other things. The back field has more potion ingredients then any young wizard could ask for." Arthur interjected. "Maybe you could visit us there some time?"

Thuban walked towards Arthur aggressively, fire in his eyes and the Malfoy sneer on his face. "Why would I want to do that? So you can steal me from my dad again?"

A low growl came from the doorway. Thuban looked over and backed away from the house. "That's quite enough, Son!" Draco growled at the boy. He walked over and kissed Ginny on the cheek. "Afternoon, Love." He whispered in her ear. "I thought you might need some support. Sorry, about this morning." Draco offered his hand to Arthur. "Arthur. I hope you're doing well." He nodded at Molly. "And you also, Molly.

"We're fine, thank you, Draco," Molly replied. "Will you join us for tea?"

"I think I will." Draco sat down and eyed his eldest son. "I believe you have something to say to your grandparents, little boy."

"But Daddy, they're…"

He scowled at the boy. "They are your grandparents and you will show them respect and kindness. Now, what do you have to say?"

Thuban looked down to the ground and whispered. "I want my grandfather."

Shock appeared on Draco's face and his voice cracked. "What did you say?"

Thuban collected his courage. "I want my Grandfather Malfoy!" Draco walked over and scooped up his eldest son. "I want to live at the Manor with my grandparents. I hate it here. I want to go home." Thuban kicked and screamed as Draco walked into the house with him. They were in Draco's study in no time. He placed a charm on the door and placed Thuban in a chair. Draco sat opposite the boy and they glared at each other. "This is your home now. We will never move back to the Manor. You're not going to live with your grandparents. You're stuck with your mother and me," Draco stated calmly.

"Do you promise?" Thuban asked.

His question puzzled Draco. "Do I promise what?"

"Do you promise that I'm stuck with you and Mummy? I get to have both of you here always?"

Bloody hell. Draco stood and paced for a couple of minutes before sitting back down. "I can't promise that, son. I do promise to try my best to be a good husband to your mummy. I'm doing everything I can to make it work, Thuban. I'm trying to give her what she wants and needs."

The little boy shook his head. "No, you're not. You still just leave when your mates floo."

"What?"

"Uncle Blaise flooed yesterday and you just left. You told Mummy your were going. You should have asked. You're going to mess everything up!" Thuban shouted as tears started to run down his face. "You're not going to treat her right, and her parents are going to point out that you're bad to her."

Draco put Thuban on his lap and held the boy close. "You're right, mate. I should ask not tell." He smiled at his son. "Listen up. I'll make you a deal; when you see me doing anything that upsets Mummy you tell me and I'll try my hardest not to do it again. Alright?" Thuban nodded. "Good boy. Now, Mummy really wants to visit her family and she wants you to visit with them too."

"But Daddy, they'll try to talk her into leaving you. All they do is tell her all the bad things you do."

Looking at the boy lovingly, he hugged him. "They promised your mummy they wouldn't do it again." Thuban gave his father a look. "Son, let me distrust the Weasleys. You need to get to know them and be nice to them. They love you, Thuban. We have to let go of the past and move forward."

"I'll never love them." Thuban moved his head to the side. "Well, maybe I'll love Uncle Fred and Uncle George. They're cool!" He scratched his head. "And maybe Uncle Bill, he's always been really nice. But Grandma and Grandpa don't like you. So I don't like them."

"Thuban, Mummy loves her parents very much. You have to give them a chance for her sake."

"I don't want to." The boy folded his arms.

"Do you want to made your mummy happy?"

"Yes, but I don't like them." The boy pouted.

He hugged his son. "Then just pretend."

"O.K. I'll be nice and I'll pretend to like them to make Mummy happy."

~~~~~~~*****~~~~~~

Thuban walked out onto the patio with Draco close behind him. Thuban stopped short of the table, but Draco continued on, sat down and sipped his cup of tea. Thuban eyed the black leather gloves with yellow piping for a couple of minutes. He walked over to Ginny and pulled on her sleeve. "Mummy, I'm sorry." He walked over to Molly. "Grandma, I'm sorry. I was rude." He offered Molly a hug, which she returned. "I'm happy you came to visit."

"I'm happy to be here, Thuban."

He walked over and shook Arthur's hand. "Grandpa, I'm sorry. I'd like to go wading with you sometime and collect leeches. I'm a good potion maker you know, just like my daddy. But I can't make potions from a month."

Arthur messed the boy's hair and smiled. "You're a lot like your daddy."

Thuban pointed at the gloves, "I'd like to have them if it's O.K. with you." Arthur handed the gloves to the boy and he put them on. "How'd you know I needed new gloves?"

Arthur winked at the boy and whispered, "Your favorite team is the Wasps, but you ask for Falcons stuff so you can be like your daddy." Arthur moved closer and whispered in his ear. "You wear out the right palm of the gloves not the left. You like being a chaser more than being a seeker. You read your first book when you were only 3 ½. You speak French and Latin. Your favorite color is blue. You like playing pirates better than playing wizards and dragons. I know a lot about you, Thuban."

"Why do you want to know so much about me?" Arthur's statements bewildered Thuban.

"Because I love you." Arthur kissed the boy's cheek.

Thuban stared at the redheaded wizard. How could this man love him, he wondered. Sure his grandpa had been nice to him when they were at the beach house and Grimmauld Place but the man didn't really know him and you have to know someone before you can love them. Thuban removed the gloves from his hand and placed them in his pocket. He watched his family interact with his grandparents. When he caught Draco's eye, his father gave him an encouraging wink and gestured with his head for Thuban to sit at the table.

He eyed the table and its ten chairs. His father sat with his left arm around Ginny's chair. Molly sat next to her with Serpens to her left. The two chairs to Serpens' left were empty. After the empty chair sat Arthur with Cam to his left then two more empty chairs. His grandmother was currently holding his baby brother and the group was talking about baby things. His grandfather and Cam seemed to be laughing, so he decided to sit next to Cam.

Cam smiled devilishly at his eldest brother. "Grandpa, Thuban is a bad boy. He tried to make a potion and blew-up a room at the Manor. He has to clean the stables at the Manor every Saturday morning for the next two months. He has to go to Hogwarts and clean caldrons next Sunday morning. And Daddy gave him a really hard spanking."

Thuban screwed up his face in anger at his brother. His sitting choice had been a big mistake. "You don't know if Daddy spanked me or not!"

"Do to! You were crying and rubbing your bottom when you came out of Daddy's study. And he was all upset, like he is every time he spanks you for being a bad boy."

"I was not crying! And my butt fell asleep!" Thuban countered while elbowing Cam in the ribs.

"Ouch!" Cam shouted. "Da.."

Arthur cut the little boy off. "We don't need your daddy. Thuban come sit next to me." Thuban started to move. "Cam, you deserved even more than that little poke. You shouldn't tease your brother. It's no one's business but your parents' and Thuban's what his punishment was. I, for one, am just very happy that he was not harmed and I hope he's learned never to make potions by himself again."

Thuban smiled brightly at his grandpa. He was a very intelligent wizard, in his opinion.

~~~~~~~*****~~~~~~

Ginny sat in their sitting room feeding Leo. The day had gone surprising well after Thuban's little fit. Draco only stayed for a half hour but it was long enough. The boys were looking forward to visiting with their grandparents again. She needed to inform Draco that they were expected at the Borrow for dinner Sunday night.

Draco walked into the room tossing the teddy bear in his hand into the high back chair across from where Ginny sat. He flopped down next to his wife and pulled her close. He looked at the teddy bear and a puzzled expression crossed his face. "For Merlin's sake! The boy was right. That bear does have evil eyes. Look, Gin!" The black plastic of the bear's eyes seemed to glow an eerie orange-red color and they appeared to flicker. Somehow they were reflecting the candlelight in an unnatural way. Draco lifted himself off the settee.

"I'll be back in a minute. I need to tell a little wizard I'm sorry."

Moments later, Draco plopped back onto the settee. "Cam was already asleep." He kissed Ginny on the cheek. "I'm really sorry about yesterday, Gin. We should have discussed Blaise's offer before I ran off to the Quidditch Stadium."

"Yes, we should have!" Ginny hit him on the shoulder. "Sometimes, I feel like I'm raising five little wizards."

He chuckled, "I admit it. I didn't act responsibly yesterday. I'm sorry."

"I had not problem with your going. I would have sent you, if we had talked about it. I only needed a few minutes of your time."

"Again, I'm sorry. This is new to me. I'm here now. What do you need?"

"Draco," Ginny stammered. "We need to make some rules about family visits. Both your family and mine."

Draco rolled his eyes. "When are we due at the Burrow?"

"I'd like us to go this Sunday around three. But that's not what I was thinking about." She finished nursing the baby. "Draco, have the elf bring us something to drink. I'll put Leo to bed."

When Ginny returned to the sitting room, two large bowl shaped wine glasses sat on the table still empty. Draco was nowhere in sight. But the wine glasses told her where he had gone. They didn't have Draco's favorite red wine in the cellar at Black Hall, so she was sure he went to the Manor for the prized wine, which cost 400 galleons a bottle.

She picked up a book and started to read. This could take awhile. Lucius didn't give up his best wine easily even to his only son. She giggled to herself when she remembered the ritual Lucius made Draco go through to get a bottle. He had to explain to his father in detail how wine this fine has to breath, how you need to take in the fragrance and how to sip it slowly, allowing it to roll gracefully down your throat. His Apparition pop startled her. He smiled and poured the wine into the glasses, before sitting next to her.

"That was quick!" she said.

Draco chuckled and he swirled the wine in its glass. "It was free, too." He took a sip of his wine. "Well, almost free. I had to agree that we'd bring the boys to the Manor sometime next week for dinner."

"Draco, your parents don't have to bribe us."

He kissed her on the cheek. "Let me get three or four more bottles out of my father before you tell him that." He took another sip of the wine. "So, we need to talk about our families visiting the children?"

"Yes." She looked at him and decided to just spit it out. "Bellatrix gives me the creeps. I can't stand to be around the woman and I hate the way Cam acts after she leaves. It's not right the way she favors him."

"She favors him because he is the Black heir. He will carry on the Black name, her family history." He took another sip of wine.

"I don't understand why Cam is the Black heir. Tonks and Remus' son T.J. is older than Cam. Why isn't he the Black heir?" Ginny asked.

"Lupin is a…"

"Fenrir Greyback has been dead for eight years. You know as well as I that he is no longer cursed and Bill's perfect face proves it." Ginny corrected him.

"Cam is a pure-blood. The Lupin boys are not."

"That's nonsense." She shook her hand. "Back to your Aunt Bella."

"What do you want? I'll not agree to disallowing any of my family from visiting the boys without better reasons than you have given me."

"I'm not asking for that." Ginny paused to think. "But I… We… Listen there are going to be people in my family you don't want to leave the boys alone with but you can't stand to be around yourself, right?"

"I hate the idea of letting your Weasel of a brother close to my children," Draco snarled.

"Right. When it comes to Ron, he can only visit when I'm here. And for Bellatrix, she can only visit when you are home. Deal?" she asked.

"Agreed. Did Aunt Bella visit often during the day at the Manor?"

"About twice a week," Ginny answered.

"I'll plan two evening visits with her then. And move it down to one after a couple of months. Anything else?" he inquired before taking another sip of his wine.

"Yes. My parents have monthly dinners at the Burrow, the last Sunday of every month. In addition to those, I'd like to take the children to visit them weekly, maybe more. We should do the same with your parents."

"Ginny, for at least the next two months I don't want you taking the boys to the Burrow without me. I don't trust your family and your wand isn't back to full strength yet. They can come here anytime they want. We can put the same restrictions on my family if you like."

"I understand, Draco. I'll agree for now, but with the following change. I trust Narcissa with the children. Taking them or leaving them at the Manor with her is fine with me." Ginny moved over and leaned into Draco chest. "Are you coming home at four tomorrow?"

"Of course, it's Thursday. I have to take my sons flying."

"Good. Hermione flooed. We discussed having a late afternoon tea. You don't mind do you? You'll watch the boys?" Ginny asked.

"No, go ahead and have tea. Tipsy can keep an eye on Leo while we're flying," Draco responded.

"Is there anything you want to tell me about your meeting with her? Or anything else you may want to tell me about Hermione before our tea?" Ginny raised her eyebrows, questioning her husband.

"Ginny, I think it's Hermione's place to inform you of her life and her decisions." He pulled her into his chest. "I love you, Ginny. I have for a very long time. Everything that I have kept from you about Hermione was because I love you and don't want to see you get hurt." He kissed her forehead. "I love you and no matter what Granger tells you tomorrow, promise me you will remember that."

"I'll remember, Draco."

"Good," he said and poured himself another glass of the fine wine.

"Well, that was easier than I thought. But it still feels strange." Ginny cuddled into Draco chest.

"What feels strange?" he asked in a worried tone.

"It's a good strange, Draco honey." She looked into his eyes. "It feels strange talking to you like we're a normal married couple."

"We'll never be a normal married couple, Ginevra. I love you too much." He kissed her forehead and took another drink from his glass. "Is there anything else I can do for you?"

"Yes. I'd like a taste of that wine." She repositioned herself and leaned her face into his, capturing his lips with her own. She ran her tongue over his lips and he opened them allowing her to deepen the kiss. When their need for air caused her to break the kiss, she licked her lips. "It tastes very good."

Draco took another sip of his wine. "Would you like another taste, Love?"

~~~~~~~*****~~~~~~

Hermione sat across the table at Madam Puddifoot's from Ginny. She had picked the Hogsmeade's Teashop because it was quiet during weekday afternoons. It was hard to believe the two women were once best friends. They had seen each other weekly for the last seven years but their friendship had waned. Likely because neither one had talked openly to the other in years.

The words, "Do you love Malfoy, Ginny?" erupted from Hermione's lips.

Ginny giggled at her friend. "Well why didn't you just get straight to the point, Hermione?!" Both women laughed. "Wow." Ginny exhaled. "He's not the same person he was at Hogwarts. He's not the same person he was the first four years of our marriage. I'm pretty sure I love him." Ginny looked her friend in the eye. "Merlin, I know I love him. But I've never told him. I love him so much it's scary, Hermione. I've never felt anything like this. At first I thought I wanted to stay with him for the boys' sake, but in the last three days I've realized I want to stay with him for me too."

Hermione smiled at her friend. "Does he love you?"

"He says he does and he acts like he does. I think he does. Merlin, I hope he does." Ginny put her hand across the table and took Hermione's. "I never felt this way about Harry. Not even half as strong. I had a silly crush on him. I didn't know what love was back then." She squeezed her friend's hand. "Merlin, what is love, anyway? I don't know. I only know that I want to be with Draco and try to make a true marriage with him." Ginny's eyes started to tear. "Maybe I want to much. I want Draco. I want my family. And I want my best friend back." She gave Hermione a pointed look. "I've known about you and Harry getting married for years. It hurt, not because I loved him, but because neither of you told me."

Tears ran slowly down both women's faces. "Ginny, Malfoy said he didn't tell you about Harry and me."

"Draco didn't. Lavender and Blaise did. They've been trying to convince both of us for years that we love each other." Ginny giggled.

Hermione opened her purse and removed a picture. She passed it over to her friend.

"Ginny, I have something else to tell you. These are my children, Harry's and mine, Sirius and Harriet."

Ginny shot up from the table and hugged her friend. "Oh Merlin, Hermione. I'm so happy for you. How old are they?"

~~~~~~~*****~~~~~~

The Malfoy boys ran through the forest of Black Hall, Cam in the lead with his broom in his hand, followed by Thuban and Serpens who was being encouraged on by his father. Cam stopped at a large black tree and waited for his little brother and father.

"This is the tree, Daddy. Watch. Auntie Bella showed me this. Exhibeo," he whispered after he placed his right hand, palm opened, on the tree.

In front of the group appeared a beautiful Quidditch pitch complete with stands containing large cushioned armchairs.

Thuban and Serpens looked around the pitch in wonderment. Draco shook his head. "I can't believe this place is still in such great condition. I caught my first Snitch here."

"Auntie Bella said years ago this is where all the aristocratic matches were held. Only the most noble of pureblooded wizards played here."

"Show Mummy tonight. Mummy likes it too," Serpens stated merrily.

"Mummy can't come here," Cam hissed at his little brother, "She's too common!"

Thuban gasped and started towards his brother angrily. But before he could reach Cam, Draco had the little wizard over his knee and applied a swift whack to Cam's bottom. He placed his second born back on his feet and knelt in front of the boy.

"Your mother is as noble and good as any witch or wizard. If I ever hear you speak of her in such a way again, I will give you a spanking you will not forgot," Draco said firmly to the boy.

"But Auntie…" Cam started to say while crying.

"Your Aunt Bella is wrong!" Draco bellowed unable to control his anger. "You will never speak of your mother in such a way again. Do you understand me?" Cam's terrified look caused Draco to calm himself enough to soften his expression slightly.

"Yes, Daddy," he replied while sobbing.

"Good," Draco led his son to the stands and sat him in a chair. "You will remain here and think about your error while your brothers and I fly around the pitch. Come on, boys," Draco called to Thuban and Serpens who were still at the entrance to the pitch with stunned expressions on their faces. Their father had never spanked any of them so publicly before. Cam's offense must have been grave. Draco smiled at the boys and called them again. They ran to their father. The group started away from Cam as he sobbed loudly.

"You hush!" Draco said firmly. "Your mother was correct. Your behavior is poor indeed after a visit from Aunt Bella. I will be correcting that problem."

Draco attached Serpens' harness to his and mounted his broom. He kicked off together with Thuban, leaving Cam sulking in his chair.

"This is all Mummy's fault," the little wizard mumbled. "She has no right to cause all these changes."