Unofficial Portkey Archive

What Is Love? by d&gforever
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

What Is Love?

d&gforever

SEQ CHAPTER \h \r 1Freedom? TC \l1 "

Ginny held in a sigh of relief when her feet touched the sidewalk by the street in front of number Twelve Grimmuald Place. They were free for the first time in days. Tomorrow would be Thursday, the day of her trial. She had to get to Draco. He would make sure she was allowed to speak with the judges. He was the only person trying to help her so she could trust him. She turned and started making her way to Diagon Alley. Thuban stopped walking once they passed the third house. Ginny tried to get the boy to move but he wouldn't. When she looked down at him, he pointed to a red car. There was a man in a cap leaning against a tree. Thuban mouthed, "Uncle Rodolphus."

"No, Thuban. I'm taking us to your daddy by myself. Remember what Daddy said about Uncle Rodolphus and Aunt Bellatrix?" she whispered. The little boy pointed to his throat and Ginny removed the silencing charm.

"Daddy said they are dodgy, but they love us in their own special way," Thuban whispered. "We're going to Daddy's office?" Ginny nodded and Thuban started moving again.

Molly would discover Ginny and the children missing in short order. The commotion created by this discovery would alert Rodolphus to the situation. Ginny believed Lucius would surely steal the boys away if he was given the chance, and the men watching Number Twelve would take her to Lucius. If anyone in her family or their friends saw her they would take them back to Molly. So, she remained under the cloak with her children, making sure not to bump into any Muggles on the street.

It would have normally been a 20-minute walk to the Leaky Cauldron but with Thuban walking and she still recovering from childbirth, they were only half way there after 15 minutes. Serpens pulled her hair and turned her head so she was looking at a playground. She wanted to sit on a bench and watch her boys play but someone was certainly looking for them. She whispered to Serpens, "We'll swing once we find Daddy." Thuban heaved on Ginny's robe. Ron and Hermione were coming their way. Ginny walked into the park hiding behind a tree, so no one could bump into them. She watched Ron and Hermione.

"She's mental, there's no telling where she went," Ron said complainingly to Hermione. "She has her wand. She could have apparated anywhere."

"She may be able to apparate with one of the children but not all three, and Ginny wouldn't leave any of them behind to return later. They're walking," Hermione informed him. "I can't believe Bill and the twins refused to look for them."

"The prats don't believe anything is wrong with her. Let's go to Kings Cross, she'll likely take the train to Wiltshire," Ron added turning left with Hermione.

Ginny stayed behind the tree watching the couple when a rough deep familiar voice had drawn her attention right behind her. "I'm sure they don't know where Ginevra has taken the children, now," Rodolphus announced to Avery. "She is hiding them somewhere," he said as he removed a sugar quill from his pocket and handed it to Avery. "Here hold this out in plain sight and call for Serpens as you walk." Seeing the sugar quill, Serpens eyes had widened. Serpens thought it was great fun to hide in the mansion; Draco was the first to discover the power of the sugar quill. Serpens always came out of hiding when one was offered to him. Ginny moved her hands to hold Serpens in place. Thuban slowly moved to help his mother keep his younger brother under the cloak and out of sight. "Serpens, I have a sugar quill for you. Come here boy," Avery called holding the sugar quill inches from Ginny and the boys.

Rodolphus took two steps forward, one more step and he would bump into Ginny. He looked around the park. "It's no good trying to guess where Ginevra would go. It depends on what she has heard," Rodolphus said before he stepped back. "I'll go home and have Bella perform a blood tracing charm. Now that they're out of the house, it should work."

"I'll walk to the Ministry from here," Avery announced. "I believe she will go to them for help." Rodolphus nodded at Avery, looked around and disapparated. Avery walked straight ahead in the direction of the Ministry. He did look a sight, walking down a Muggle street with a sugar quill in his hand calling out to Serpens.

When Avery was out of sight, she talked to Serpens. "Serpens, Mummy will make sure you get two sugar quills if you stay with me. Hold on baby, we need to move quickly."

"I bet Daddy will take us to the sweetshop if we ask," Thuban added and Serpens calmed down.

"Good boy. Thuban hold on to my hand and walk very fast. It won't take your Aunt Bellatrix long to trace you and Serpens." Ginny walked to the right, heading quickly to the Leaky Cauldron.

Her feet ached, her heart raced and both she and Thuban were out of breath when they reached the Leaky Cauldron from the Muggle street. She looked around and decided she couldn't wait for someone to come and open the door. She would just hope no one in the pub noticed. As luck had it the establishment was so busy and noisy no one thought anything of the opening door. It was lunchtime and the tables were filled. She walked to the back of the building slowly, making sure not to bump into anyone. The gateway to Diagon Alley opened and a group of middle-age wizards came out. Ginny went through after they were in the Leaky Cauldron. The streets weren't very busy. She walked the three blocks to Malfoy International with a new spring in her step. Draco and safety were so close.

The Malfoy family business was always busy, so she didn't have to wait long to follow someone in the building. She walked to the lifts. They would have to take one of them; Draco's office was on the twentieth floor. She waited for a lift to open by itself. When she was sure the guards weren't looking she walked into the lift. She pulled out her wand and stated the needed charm. The ride up was relaxing. Lucius always lunched with Narcissa on Wednesday, so he wouldn't be in the offices now. She thought about removing the cloak, but didn't for added safety. She did remove Serpens from her back and removed the feather light charm from him. The lift door opened and she walked out.

She could not hold back the gasp which escaped her lips at the sight in front of her. Lucius, Rodolphus, Bellatrix and Avery were in the lobby area. Because a password was needed for the lift to get to this floor the doors never opened empty. She could see Draco's assistant in the distance and she thought about running for her. Lucius smirked in her direction as the lift doors closed. He and the others with him drew their wands and approached. Ginny knew she was cornered and someone would cast at the very least a stunning spell in moments. She drew her own wand, pulled Thuban and Serpens close to her and tossed off the invisibility cloak.

Lucius' expression went from shock to pleasure to anger. He never liked being at the end of anyone's wand, least of all a very talented witch's wand like his daughter-in-law. He sneered at Ginny.

"Good afternoon, Ginevra. It is a pleasure to see you. Why don't you lower your wand?"

"You lower yours first," Ginny snarled as she stared at the group of Death Eaters. "We both know you won't cast anything while I'm wearing your grandson, and with the Malfoy heir clinging to my leg."

Lucius smirked at Ginny and chuckled. "You are a brilliant witch." Lucius placed his wand back in his cane. The others put their wands away also. "You can remove the silencing charm, Ginevra," Lucius affirmed with limited emotion in his voice.

Ginny waved her wand but went back to pointing it at the group. "Hi Grandfather, Auntie, Uncle, Sugar Quill?" Serpens said excitedly his hand pointing in Avery's direction.

"So, you were in the park?" Rodolphus chuckled and Serpens nodded. Serpens tried to go to Rodolphus but Thuban grabbed him.

"We're looking for Daddy. Is he here, Grandfather?" Thuban questioned firmly.

Lucius stared at the red haired baby attached to the front of Ginny. He had spent only one hour with the child in it's short life so far. He ran the words; He's a Weasley, through his head a number of times. If he convinced himself the baby had no Malfoy in him he would be able to hex Ginny without a second thought. He was confident he could get Thuban and Serpens away from their mother. Lucius crouched down and opened his arms. "I've missed you, boys. Give me a hug." Serpens tried to pull away again from Thuban's grip but couldn't. Avery handed the Sugar Quill to Lucius. He called the boy again offering him the Sugar Quill also. Serpens pulled again, then turned and bit his brother's hand. The pain caused Thuban to release him and Serpens ran into his grandfather's arms, unwrapped the Sugar Quill and began to eat the sweet. Thuban stood firm by his mother. Lucius looked up at Ginny as he ran his plan of attack through his mind. While doing so, Leo did something that put a stop to it. The baby opened his eyes and peered at his paternal grandfather for the first time in his life. The baby's steely gray eyes cut into the Death Eater's heart that triggered him to whimper, "He has his father's eyes."

Lucius' expression softened and he picked Serpens up. "Ginevra, Draco is at the ministry. Your hearing started this morning."

"Liar!" she yelled. "It starts Thursday."

"Today is Thursday, my dear."

Puzzlement filled her face and she looked at her oldest son. "It could be Mummy." Ginny backed against the far wall leaning against it, a dazed look on her face, she didn't notice Lucius approaching her. "Grandfather, please stop," Thuban pleaded. He placed his hand over Ginny's wand hand making sure the wand was pointed at Lucius' chest. "She wants Daddy. No one comes close to her until he's here."

Lucius backed away again, still holding Serpens and scooted a chair by the group. "Give your mother the chair, Thuban. She needs to rest." Thuban moved the chair into the corner. He helped Ginny sit in it. He stood next to her helping her steady her wand.

"Come here, Thuban," Lucius called. "I'm not going to harm you. You need not be frightened."

"I know I'm safe," sighed the 5 year old. "It's her safety I'm worried about. Daddy is the only grown-up she trusts."

"He's not as talented with a wand as Cygnus, Lucius. I'm sure neither he nor Ginevra could perform a spell that would harm us right now," Bellatrix hissed lightly to Lucius. "We should just remove the children from her."

"We don't need to take that chance," Avery said. "She looks ready to faint."

"Thuban, your father would want you to come with us," Rodolphus added. "I can take you to Cygnus."

"Where's Grandmother?" Thuban questioned. "I want Grandmother or Daddy, now!" He waved the wand still in Ginny's hand with anger. Flames shot out of the end, causing the group of four to step aside quickly. The flames set fire to the opposing wall. Lucius drew his wand and put out the fire, then placed his wand back in his cane.

Bellatrix cackled loudly. "He can perform magic with a wand."

"Good show, Thuban," Rodolphus chuckled. "Never underestimate a Malfoy, my love," he said to Bellatrix playfully.

Lucius smirked at Rodolphus before becoming deep in thought. He needed to get his grandsons away from Ginny. Once he had the three, he would go to get Cygnus. He had people waiting for the children with a portkey to take them away from England. He and Narcissa would join the children in hiding in short time. Narcissa would be upset at first, but once she had the new baby in her arms and the others at her feet, he would be forgiven, but how to get Thuban away from Ginny was puzzling him at the moment. "Damn, Draco for letting the boys become attached to the wench," he thought.

The sound of the lift brought Ginny out of her daze. Her eyes darted from the lift to Lucius, when the door opened two wizards busy in their own conversation came out. The dark haired man was the first to notice the group of Death Eaters, but Serpens quickly identified the second man.

"Daddy!" the toddler screamed in total delight.

"Draco," Ginny whispered.

It was the whispered call that got Draco's attention. He spun and walked slowly to Ginny. Thuban released her wand hand and she placed the wand in her lap. Draco kneeled in front of her and caressed her face in his hands. He leaned into her and placed a sweet, caring kiss on her lips with just a touch of passion.

Thuban looked at the man who his father had been talking with. He was looking for safety for himself now. His grandfather was surely cross with him over his actions. He was not sure if Severus Snape was his answer. Professor Snape was his daddy's friend but he was also his grandfather's friend. He decided that his daddy was his only hope so he clung tightly to his father's leg. Draco seemed not to notice but Thuban was sure his father would push his mother aside to help him if need arose.

Ginny felt herself melt into the touch of the only lover she had even had. He had kissed her like this a limited number of times. This was the type of kiss he gave her after she'd given him a new child. Or the kiss they shared after one of the boys met a milestone, but then he deepened the kiss and her mind raced. This was not a sweet thank you kiss. It was not a lustful pre-sex kiss. It was a kiss all about him letting her know how much he missed her and how relieved he was to have her back safely in his arms. It was the closest thing to a true love kiss she had ever had. When Draco pulled away, he placed his forehead on hers.

She whispered, "I'm mad. I don't even know what day it is."

He kissed each of her cheeks, then her lips quickly. "You're not mad. Only over stressed and over tired. Let me take you and our boys' home." She nodded. "Cam will be so excited to see you all." Draco turned to Lucius. "Father, hand Serpens to me, please." Lucius handed the boy to Draco with a touch of reluctance. Draco walked his family into his private office and stopped in front of the fireplace. He handed Ginny the Floo powder. "This fireplace is only connected to our home, no need to say anything." Draco removed Leo from the front carrier on Ginny's chest. She then stepped into the fireplace with the other two boys and disappeared.

--------******--------

Snape glared at the group in front of him. "You better have a good story for Draco. Once he has Ginevra and his sons settled he will be asking you to explain what was going on here."

"The boy is taking too many chances with my grandsons. We need to get them out of England," Lucius snarled.

"He is young and foolish. My father's namesake will not live with the Weasley's," Bellatrix declared.

"He is being wise, I believe. The judges would not have listened to us if we would have been the ones who had kidnapped Ginevra and/or the children," Snape sneered back at the group. "We have a recess until tomorrow because the judges were untrusting of the Weasley's due to their actions so far."

Lucius walked over to Severus. "What will this recess provide us?"

"The judges are reviewing her memories and they were thinking of having Ginevra come in to testify herself. I'm sure she will now that she is free," Snape stated. "It will be easy to prove the memories which the judges viewed were modified now that Ginevra is here."

------*****-------

Ginny, Thuban, and Serpens stepped out of the fireplace into a beautiful beige room. The furniture was a mix of forest greens and burgundies. She couldn't believe how well the two colors went together. She had barely taken a step in the room when screams of gladness assaulted her ears and she was hit solidly in her legs.

"Mummy. Oh Mummy," Cam cried as he held fast to his mother's leg.

"Let go sweetie, so Mummy can pick you up," Ginny said through her tears. The boy let go and Ginny lifted him onto her hip hugging him tightly. "Mummy missed you so much but Aunt Lav told me about you. Did you have fun with Daddy?"

"Yes, but I missed you."

While Ginny and Cam hugged and talked Draco flooed into the room and Thuban and Serpens greeted their father with hugs. Blaise watched the family happily. Ginny looked up at Blaise and smiled. He approached her and kissed her cheek. Through their six and a half years of their marriage, Blaise had always been a great friend to both Ginny and Draco. They trusted him above anyone else. It didn't surprise Ginny that Draco had entrusted Cam to the wizard, who was the Godfather to three of their boys and who would become Leo's Godfather at his christening in the coming months.

"It's great to see you, Gin. Merlin, I'm glad your back," Blaise whispered. He tapped Cam's nose with his finger. "I was getting tired of watching this one for you. He got hold of my wand twice. Add Accio and Pack to the growing list of spells he can perform."

Draco chuckled from behind Ginny. "I'm sure Cam stole your wand Blaise."

Blaise smiled mischievously. "That's my story and I'm sticking with it." He kissed Ginny on the cheek again. "I'll see you again soon, sweetheart. Get some rest, beautiful." Draco sneered at his friend, and Blaise smirked back. Blaise always turned on the charm around Ginny, but even after all the years of playful flirting between Blaise and Ginny, it still stirred jealous in Draco. He patted Draco on the back. "Floo me if you need, mate." Draco nodded and Blaise exited out the door.

Draco led Ginny to the settee. "Let's get some food in everyone, then have a nap." He snapped his fingers at the house elf in the corner of the room as he talked. The elf disappeared and was back with a tray of sandwiches and pumpkin juice for five.

"I'm too old for a nap," Thuban said then stomped one of his feet.

"Have a sandwich, Son. We're all going to lay down for a short time after we eat." Draco's tone let Thuban know arguing would not be tolerated and the boy exhaled in disgust before he sat down and ate a sandwich.

The family ate quickly and Ginny nursed Leo before they entered the door to the northwest of the room. The bedchamber was decorated in burgundy and gold, an extra-large four-poster was in the center of the room. Magical pictures of her children were on the nightstands. A cradle sat in the corner and Draco placed a sleepy Leo in it. He then helped Ginny remove her shoes and placed her in the center of the bed. He removed his shoes and those of his three sons. All four of them crawled onto the bed fighting for a spot next to Ginny. A short tickling and wrestling match was needed before Draco could take his position by Ginny. He pulled her tight into a spoon position and kissed her cheek. Cam and Serpens cuddled to their mother's front while Thuban cuddled to his father's back.

Ginny looked around the room one last time before closing her eyes. She didn't think she was at Malfoy Manor and the rooms were too personalized to be a hotel but she had no idea where she was. She giggled a little as she heard both Cam and Serpens snore loudly. "They get that from your side," Draco whispered in her ear, kissing her cheek after. Thuban sighed loudly. "Could one of you place a Silencio on them!"

"Thuban be quiet and close your eyes," Draco instructed. Ginny felt Thuban moving and she wondered how he had positioned himself because she could feel his little fingers barely touching her.

"I don't need a nap," Thuban complained in a whisper. "But it's nice that we're all back together."

-----******------

Ginny rolled over in bed and put her arm around the little body next to her. She felt renewed and was ready to get up but whispers from the corner had her decide to remain in place and listen for a time.

"The portrait of Great Uncle Orion told me about the invisibility cloak. Kreacher got me the keys to the attic and trunks. The scariest thing was getting Mummy's wand, but we had to have it," Thuban said.

Ginny peeked a look at the corner quickly. Draco was sitting in the large armchair and Thuban was cuddled up tight against his father. She smiled at the sight before closing her eyes and resuming her eavesdropping on the pair.

"It was easier to sneak out then we thought. I wanted to go to Uncle Rodolphus but Mummy didn't. So, we walked to your office. Mummy's gitty brother and the Mudblood came looking for us, but they thought Mummy would ride a Muggle train to the manor." Thuban paused and looked at the bed. Ginny had made a noise when Thuban identified Ron as her gitty brother and Hermione as a Mudblood.

After a short time Thuban went on. "Uncle Rodolphus came looking too, but he had Aunt Bellatrix track us I think. They pointed their wands at us. Serpens went to Grandfather for a sugar quill," Thuban exhaled causing his lips to vibrate emitting a "pla pla pla pla pla" sound showing his annoyance. "Sweets are a problem for him you know?"

"We'll have to work on that, but he's young," Draco answered.

Thuban remembered the bite and showed Draco his arm with tears in his eyes. "Serpens bit me. It still really hurts," Thuban said. Draco looked at the teeth marks and kissed each one. Thuban rubbed away his own tears.

"Is it better now?"

"A little. Ice cream would make it feel all better."

Draco chuckled, "After your brothers and mummy wake-up."

"Oh, I made fire come out of Mummy's wand. I don't know how I did it, but they wouldn't stay away from Mummy and I was mad. Something was wrong with Mummy. I'm sure Grandfather is very upset with me."

"You were just trying to protect Mummy, right?"

"Yep."

Draco hugged the boy tightly. "You did wonderful at it too, Thuban. I'm very proud of you. We have to take care of Mummy first, your grandfather understands that."

"Daddy, why don't Mummy's parents want us to live with you?"

"Mate, Mummy's parent never liked me. And well, they love her and think she'd be better without me around. They're doing what they think is best."

"Why don't they like you, Daddy?"

"We have different opinions. Plus I didn't let them visit you and your brothers."

"Maybe if you said you were sorry and that they could visit with us they would like you?"

"I wish it was that easy, Son, but I'd do it if I thought it would help."

Cam started screaming in his sleep. "Don't let him cut off my hand, Tipsy!" Cam exclaimed from his dream. Ginny sat up and started rocking him.

"Hush, baby. No one is going to hurt you. Everything is all right," Ginny whispered lovingly to the boy. "Does he have this dream often?" she asked Draco.

"Every night and nap, Love," Draco stated sadly.

Ginny groaned. She was going to find out which one of those idiots who kidnapped them caused Cam's nightmares and Merlin help them then.

Once Cam was calm, Draco accio-ed toys for Thuban and Cam and told them to stay in the room. He walked Ginny to a door. "You're in Black Hall, Gin. This is our home, just you, the boys and I. I've left most of the house for you to decorate Ginny, but I had our sitting room, bedchambers, and the nursery done." She was a little disappointed to hear this. Narcissa decorated their wing of the Manor for a wedding gift complete with nursery. Draco had seen no reason to change anything for years, but he had agreed to let her redo the nursery four months ago. She had just started working on it two weeks ago. He walked her through the door into the nursery. She gasped. The room was beautiful, she had described her dream nursery to him a number of times in the past three months but she never thought he was listening. He always started nibbling on her ear trying to talk her into a shag, or started a conversation with Leo through her belly. As she looked around the room she could tell he was listening, it was everything she wanted. She threw her arms around his neck and gave him a token kiss. Her eyes caught a door on the left wall. She remembered their chambers were on the right, looking she saw a door to the right too. She pointed to the door on the left, "Draco, where does that door lead?"

"My bedchamber."

Ginny pointed to the door on the right, "Where does that door lead, then?"

"Your bedchamber. I thought you'd like your own space, after all I was the one who demanded we share chambers in the Manor." She looked up at him in disappointment. "I hoped you'd let me stay in your chamber until we move Leo in here."

She kissed his cheek. "I'd love that. I've missed your help."

"I've missed helping too." He walked her out to the sitting room. He helped her sit on the settee then cuddled up next to her. He accio-ed a scroll from the desk and handed it to her. "Ginny, this is for you. It's the ownership of Black Hall. It's yours now, no matter what you decide, Black Hall is your home."

"You're giving me your mother's childhood home?" she asked.

"Yes, Mother agreed," he stated. "But there is one exception, it has to stay in our family. You can only give it to one of our children. Other then that you have a home for life married to me or not." He kissed her softly on the lips. "I'll move myself back into the Manor anytime you ask, but I wish and hope you never ask that of me."

"It's marvelous to have a home of our own. I'll miss your mother and all the help she was with the boys, but it will be nice not having her or your father just pop up," she said as she settled her head into his shoulder. "But what about the court case? How was it going this morning?" She sat up in shock. "For Merlin's shake, Draco, you didn't go back."

He rubbed her shoulders and smiled at her. "The judges called a recess. Professor Snape believes someone modified your memories before showing them to the judges. He has until tomorrow to prove it."

"What? Do you think my family did it?"

"I don't think so, Gin. Your parents looked shocked." She relaxed into his embrace.

"Well, it's good it happened. Tomorrow, I'm going in there and testifying myself."

"Are you sure you're up to it, Love?"

"Yes, Draco, I'm fine. I have to prove my sanity and if for some reason the judges think I'm unstable, our boys belong with you not your or my parents." She frowned slightly, "Draco, do you trust your parents not to take the boys away?"

"I have wards set around the house so only you and I can take the boys away from here. So, you don't need to worry about anyone getting them," Draco answered before adding. "I trust Mother to not allow Father to take the boys into hiding. Why do you ask?"

"Serpens and Thuban have been asking for your parents, and I'm sure Narcissa desperately wants to see Leo." After spending a week away from Narcissa and Draco, Ginny realized how much both of them helped her with the children especially when they were babies. Draco always took care of the baby at night and Narcissa was there in the mornings to lend a hand. For the first month after Ginny gave birth Narcissa stayed with Ginny and didn't attend any of the Garden or Tea parties. Whenever Ginny felt tired, she was able to just go to bed, and only be disturbed to nurse the baby. Narcissa had spent less than one hour with Leo since his birth, Ginny knew she was sitting by the fireplace longing for the floo call inviting her to visit. She wouldn't deny the woman who most of the time made living under the same roof as Lucius Malfoy bearable.

"Are you sure you're ready to see my father?" Draco queried.

"This morning wasn't the first time I've held a wand on him and I don't think it will be the last. The boys love him and I'll deal with him for their sakes," she paused then added. "But if he's upset at Thuban for helping me today, he can stay at home."

~~~~~*****~~~~~

Draco slept peacefully that evening. Lucius and Narcissa had come over for dinner and left after the boys were put to bed. It was a very pleasant evening; with Lucius being on his best behavior. Draco was sure his mother had spoken with his father; Narcissa was the only person who could make Lucius hold his tongue. Thuban was a little apprehensive of his grandfather at first, but Narcissa convinced him into having a conversation with Lucius. Lucius informed Thuban loud enough for everyone to hear that he was not cross with the boy, and that he understood Thuban was merely protecting his mother. Although Lucius proceeded to inform the boy that he was no danger to Ginny.

Narcissa held Leo most of the evening and was delighted when Ginny informed her she was welcome in the home any time. Narcissa also beamed when Ginny asked her to come over tomorrow and help Lavender watch the boys while she and Draco were at the ministry. The group only talked briefly about the hearing. There was no reason to discuss it in detail; they had their plan in place.

A soft cry woke Draco but he was unable to move at the moment. Serpens had climbed into his and Ginny's bed sometime after 1:00am he guessed, and the almost 3 year old had a death grip on the front of Draco's pajama top. He was a little surprised that Thuban also had a hold of his pajama top; only Thuban was at Draco's back. A second soft cry woke Thuban, who jumped out of the bed and placed a pacifier in Leo's mouth quieting him. Draco worked on freeing himself from Serpens as Thuban announced disgustingly to his new baby boy that he smelled.

Thuban snapped his fingers and summoned Tipsy. He ordered the elf to change the offending nappy. Draco's thoughts ran though the differences between the two sons he was recently sandwiched between. Thuban was a light sleeper like himself. Serpens could sleep through a stampede of Abraxan and a choir of Banshees. When Thuban was tired, he became very testy, while Serpens simply fell asleep.

Draco had freed himself from Serpens when Tipsy finished changing Leo. He knew Leo would cry again in short time and the pacifier wouldn't quiet him again. It was 6:30am and Leo hadn't eaten since 1:00am. Thuban smiled at him as Draco approached. "Daddy, there's a boggart in my chambers. I don't have a wand to fight it away, so I had to come in here." Draco smiled and mussed his eldest son's hair. Thuban always made up a real good reason for sneaking into his parent's bed.

"You can help me take care of it once we get Leo to Mummy," Draco stated.

"Can I help too?" whispered Cam, who was lying in front of Ginny. Both Ginny and Cam had awaken and looked at the cradle area. Draco did a second look at the bed, happy that it was oversized. "I thought I dreamed Mummy was here, so I came to see," Cam revealed.

"Yes, you can help. I'll dress you both after it's gone." Draco handed Leo to Ginny and left the room with Thuban and Cam.

-------*****------

Cam and Thuban dressed for the day and then came running back into Ginny's bedchamber.

"There was no boggart, Mummy," Cam announced in a disappointed tone.

"It must of left," Thuban added.

"Ban's not brave. He's a scare-tea-cat," Cam stated in a teasing voice.

"I'm not. There was a boggart! 'Sides you slept with Mummy and Daddy too," Thuban said with anger.

"Never said I brave," Cam added sticking out his tongue then running to Ginny when an angry Thuban walked towards him.

Draco walked into the room. He was surprised Ginny hadn't stopped their boys from fighting. He looked at his wife. She was sitting at the desk looking at a piece of parchment. Her face was pale and her hands were shaking.

"What's wrong, Love?" Draco questioned with great concern in his voice. Thuban and Cam stopped arguing when they heard him. Ginny turned to her husband.

"It's from the Ministry. We have been ordered to bring the children with us to the trial," Ginny said as tears ran down her face. Draco hurried over to her; he comforted her while summoning Nan and Tipsy to take the boys to their rooms. Only after the boys were gone did he speak. He read the parchment quickly.

"Floo, Lucius. I'm sure he'd know how to get us out of the country. I'm not giving our boys to anyone," she declared hysterically.

"Calm down, Love. We have two hours before the trial. I'll have my lawyer look into this."