Unofficial Portkey Archive

What Is Love? by d&gforever
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

What Is Love?

d&gforever

Author's note: I had a ghastly time proof reading this chapter. If you find any errors, email them to me. Thank you.

Surprises

-------------***********----------------

The soft sounds of a ward finally caught Ginny's attention after her breathing returned to normal. She hated the thought of leaving her husband's warm embrace; however, there was no knowing just how long the ward had been sounding. As she started to move, Draco pulled her closer not wanting to release his lovely wife at this time.

"Draco, Leo's up. I have to go." She tried to remove his hand from her waist but he hold tight and protested.

"He can wait a little longer." The sound of a door opening caused him to detach from her, both groaned at the loss. He quickly located his boxers under the covers and slid them on as Serpens' hands touched his side of the massive bed. He kissed Ginny's cheek, made sure she was covered then, turned and eyed his small son.

"I don't recall giving you permission to enter my room, young man," Draco said sternly.

"Daddy," Serpens heaved a sigh in frustration. "Leo's been crying forever! Don't you think you should do something?!"

Draco raised a brow at the little boy, who changed his expression before whispering, "Sorry. I forgot. Leo needs you or Mummy."

The blond wizard grabbed his dressing robe. "I'm on my way."

The little boy stared at his father turning up his nose. "You'll all sweaty."

Under the covers, Ginny did her best to control her giggles.

"Mummy!" the three year old screamed and started for her. Draco snatched the boy placing him on his hip and started for the nursery. "I want to see, Mummy. Let me go!"

"Mummy's still resting, son."

"No, she isn't. I heard her laughing." Serpens pretended to wipe a tear away from his eye. "Why are you being so mean? You took Mummy away and now won't let me see her."

Draco kissed the boy's cheek and whispered, "Mummy needs a few private moments. Don't you want time alone once in a while?" Serpens nodded. "Good boy, now go have Tipsy dress you for the day. When you're dressed, you may knock on the door, wait for your mother to answer, then go inside to see her."

The three year old ran from the room. Draco turned to the crib taking delight at the scene.

"Make the pig face again, Thuban," Cam said. "Leo likes that the best."

Draco could tell his eldest was using his finger to push up his nose as he made different pig noises. The baby was the first to laugh joined quickly by his older brothers. While laughing, Cam bumped into the crib, the little wizard jumped back shocked when the ward sounded.

"You woke them up for sure now," Thuban sighed. Cam looked as if he wanted to run, however, Thuban grabbed him. "Stay. If you run, Daddy, will think you were being bad, not clumsy."

"It's alright, Cammy," Draco softly said as he approached the boys.

"We heard Leo crying so, we made him laugh until you or Mummy came." Thuban walked over and hugged his father. "Happy birthday."

Draco kissed the boy's cheek, "Happy birthday to you also. I see you're dressed for the day."

The six year old was wearing robes suitable for a day at the Malfoy offices. "Nan helped me. She even polished my boots. See!"

Cam hugged Draco's legs. "Happy birthday, Daddy. We were trying to keep Leo quiet so you could sleep longer."

"Thank you. I think he needs Mummy, now." Draco lifted the infant from his crib patting his bottom. "You need a fresh nappy first."

Cam handed him a clean nappy. "I'll go get dressed, now."

"I'll make sure the elves are making our favorites for breakfast," Thuban added as both boys left the nursery.

----------------****************----------------

Thuban wept into his hands, the Daily Prophet sat next to him. The sound of his grandparents Apparating into Black Hall did not change the boy's position or his weeping. Narcissa set the beautifully wrapped gifts on the table and collected the distraught boy into her arms.

"Thuban darling, tell Grandmother what has happened?"

"It's all my fault. I'm witless. It's all my fault." The young wizard wept into his grandmother's chest.

"Hush now. I'm sure you're incorrect. Hush now," Narcissa repeated as she patted the boy's back.

He pointed to the paper. "Read. It's my fault Mummy got hurt."

Lucius picked up the paper. The first thing he saw was a picture of Peter Pettigrew transforming from a rat to a wizard and back again. The headlines read:

Peter Pettigrew Found Dead!

Peter Pettigrew died in his Azkaban cell last night. Pettigrew provided the Dark Lord with the information that led him to Lilly and James Potter. This Death Eater murdered numerous witches, wizards and Muggles. He was believed to be dead until he was captured after the kidnapping and attempted murder of Ginevra Malfoy last month. The young Mrs. Malfoy was near death when rescued by her family.

For years, we in the wizarding world believed the Dark Lord killed Harry Potter. However, after his capture Mr. Pettigrew provided the Ministry with information leading them to the true murderers, Bellatrix Lestrange and Owen Carrows.

With the death of Pettigrew, it is unknown if the French Ministry will still turn Carrows over to our Ministry this morning. What of Bellatrix Lestrange, will the Bulgarian Ministry free her?

At this time, the cause of Mr. Pettigrew's death is unknown.

Lucius handed the paper to Narcissa and placed his eldest grandson on his lap, hugging the boy. "Thuban, do not blame yourself for the actions of others."

"I should have known he was wizard, not a rat," the little wizard replied through his sobs.

"You informed your father and me about the rat. We did not think it was a wizard and we both knew the man." He wiped away the boy's tears with his handkerchief and looked him in the eyes. "You saved your mother. You told your uncle about the rat. You reminded her to owl your father before she went to the Goyle Manor, and you gave her my coin. Your actions saved her."

"I didn't cause her harm?" Thuban questioned.

"No, you saved her," Lucius answered. "Now, go with your grandmother and check on breakfast please."

The older wizard removed the paper from his wife's hand, tucked it under his arm, and rushed up the stairs to his son's sitting room. He rapped impatiently on the door. Draco was tying his tie when he opened it. Lucius pushed his way inside.

"Really, Father," Draco snorted, "what's…"

The older wizard hit his son in the chest with the newspaper. "Do you have no sense? How many times must I tell you to keep the paper away from Thuban until you have read it?"

"Father, I see no harm…"

"Read the first story!" Lucius demanded.

Draco opened the paper. His eyes going over the same words a number of times before it sunk in. "Bloody hell! Thuban read this?"

"Yes!" Lucius hissed. "He was in tears believing he caused Ginevra harm. Luckily, I was able to convince him otherwise."

Ginny hurried into the room. She was dressed but she was buttoning Leo's outfit. "Draco, what's wrong?"

Her husband handed her the paper. After reading it, she looked at Lucius. "Thuban read this?"

"He was distressed, however, I have calmed him for now."

"We need to talk with our connections at the Ministry, Father. The Bulgarian's were already fighting the return of the Lestranges. I sent men to watch over the three of them last week." He looked at his wife. "Ginny, Floo Ron this afternoon and see what he knows. Love, please didn't leave without Owling me and taking a couple of guards with you," he pleaded.

"Of course," she replied. "I'm going down to check on Thuban." She kissed her husband and left the room.

Once she was gone, Lucius closed the door. "We can't take any more chances Draco. The Wilsburg guards are best to watch over your family here but we need Mihailov's men to maintain surveillance over your aunt and uncle. Only Dark wizards will be able to watch them."

"Father, I don't want hit wizards around my family," Draco ordered.

"I agree. They will be in Bulgaria." Lucius patted his son's back. "Draco, have the elves place the Prophet in your den from now on."

Draco smirked. "Of course, Father."

"Draco?"

"Yes, Father."

"Happy Birthday, Son"

---------------***************---------------

Thuban sat at Lucius' desk writing on a parchment. Lucius stood beside the boy. "You merely need to copy the language of this contract for the next paragraph." He told him. The older wizard's attention went to the door when he heard a knock. His secretary led in a man then left.

"Mr. Malfoy, I'm sorry to bother you. However the termination list you sent me this morning may cause us problems with the Ministry."

"What kind of problems, Jacobs?" Lucius inquired flatly, as he reviewed Thuban's work on the parchment.

"We can't fire Dennison, sir. The Ministry's new employment quotas. He's a Muggleborn," Jacobs scolded.

"Fire him and provide the Ministry with his work file. We're not letting him go because he's a Mudblood. He's incompetent. His mistakes have caused us two thousand galleons in the last month alone."

"We'll be under quota then, sir," Jacobs sheepishly stated.

Lucius paced behind his desk for a moment before smirking. "Fire Dennison, give his file to the Ministry then go to Hogwarts. Inform Professor Snape to locate four seventh year Mudbloods and hire them for entry level employment in the Potion labs."

"Yes, sir." Jacobs walked out of the office and Draco came in.

Thuban looked at his father. "Daddy, I'm writing up the contract to present to Uncle Bill… I mean Mr. Weasley from the bank. Is it time for our lunch meeting already?"

"It sure is, mate. Are you almost done?"

The boy handed the quill to his grandfather. "As soon as the company's president signs it."

Lucius quickly signed the parchment and led them to his door. "Draco. Thuban. I trust you will secure the funds we need." The door had just shut when Mihailov Flooed into the office.

"Mihailov, sit please." Lucius poured the Dark Wizard a fire whiskey, handed it to him then sat behind his desk.

"The Bulgarians have released Rabastan and Rodolphus. I want your best hit wizards watching them. If they have the opportunity I want the Lestrange brothers captured and brought to me alive."

"Vish to kill them yourself, Lucius?" Mihailov snickered.

"YES!" Lucius hissed. "And, Mihailov, do not fail me again."

---------------***************---------------

"Mummy! Mummy, I'm home," Thuban loudly announced as he entered. He hugged her best he could being careful of his baby brother who lay on a blanket in front of her. He kissed Ginny's cheek, Leo's cheek and then sat next to her.

"How'd Quidditch go? I would have rather been there than a boring old tea party," Ginny smiled while tickling her eldest son. Draco sat on the floor next to his wife, placed the babe in his lap and played with his youngest son.

"Quidditch was the greatest, Mummy. It was better than getting Felicity, the new jumping saddle, the pirate ship, the new Quidditch pads and gloves, the new tank for my mudpuppies and everything else I got this morning. Thanks for letting me play, Mummy." The little wizard hugged her again.

"Randolph Keitch's grandson is on Thuban's team and he's agreed to coach, Gin."

She gave her husband a surprised look. "The owner of the Comet Trading Company and co-creator of the Horton-Keitch Braking Charm?"

"He played for the Falmouth Falcons a long time ago. He's over a hundred years old but he doesn't look any older than Grandfather," Thuban added.

Ginny turned her head to hide her mirth. Draco shook his. "Son, it's best if you don't compare your grandfather to other wizards."

"Oh, he wouldn't like it. I'll just tell Grandfather that Coach Keitch is really fit for his age."

Draco nodded at his son. "Good idea."

"How'd your day at the office go?" Ginny asked her son.

"It was the best day! Grandfather let me write up a contract and I talked Uncle Bill into giving our company a business loan. I'll be ready to run the office in no time," the little wizard proudly stuck out his chest. "Grandfather says I'm great help and I should come to the offices more often."

"Daddy's home! Daddy's home!" Serpens and Cam ran into the parlor and hugged their father.

"Daddy, let's go play on Thuban's new pirate's ship." Cam said merrily.

"We can attack the castle," Serpens offered.

Thuban pulled on his father's arm. "Let's go Daddy, please?"

"Go to the playroom and plan our attack. I want to speak with your mother for a short time."

"It's my birthday!" Thuban growled. "I get…"

Draco gave the boy a meaningful look. "You'll get a sore bottom if you address me in that tone again." He eyed his other sons. "That goes for you two also."

"Sorry, Daddy," came out of each boy's mouth before they turned and headed for the playroom.

He placed the baby in the playpen, helped his wife to her feet and then took her to the settee for a quick cuddle. "How was your day, love?"

"Not as good as yours," she kissed him and leaned into his embrace. "Draco, why didn't you tell me about Diane? It would have saved us a row last night."

"What did you hear at your tea? You didn't say anything did you?"

"No, I didn't and I'm glad. I would have made an arse of myself. Why didn't you tell me the whole story?" Ginny asked.

"I tried, you weren't ready to listen. You were set in your belief that Greg took advantage of the poor girl and was forcing her into marriage."

"I still feel sad for her. How could her parents arrange a marriage with a fifty-year-old wizard and allow a binding ritual? It's simply medieval!" she paused. "She slept with Greg to get out of it?"

"Yes, she knew the old wizard wouldn't want her if he couldn't perform a binding. She picked Greg because he was married. She wasn't looking for a relationship."

"But it found her," she sighed.

"Maybe. Greg's not sure." Ginny gave Draco a startled look. "Greg's sure about his feelings for Diane. He loves her, Ginny. He's not sure about her feelings for him. That's why the wedding isn't planned until December of 2007."

"Draco, I was surprised by the number of pureblood families that still believe in arranged marriages. If we have a daughter…"

"She will marry whom she wants," he guaranteed his wife with a kiss.

Whispers from the hallway caught the young couple's attention.

"He won't get mad. Just ask him nicely," Cam assured his little brother.

"Then you ask him," Serpens stammered.

"You're more likely to get a yes out of him," Thuban advised. "Besides if he does get mad at you, I'll give you the ten Sugar Quills I have hidden in my room."

Serpens walked up to his parents. "Daddy," he said just above a whisper. Draco and Ginny turned to the boy. "Mmm… it's been twenty minutes and it's an hour before dinner. Will you have time to play with us before dinner? Please."

Draco kissed Ginny. "You need time to get ready for your family?" She nodded. He stood and picked up the little wizard, "Let's go, mate," he whispered in the boy's ear. "Maybe I should pretend to be upset then Thuban will have to give you the Sugar Quills."

"I heard that," Thuban chuckled.

----------**********----------

The sun was setting on the English hillside. The Malfoy boys played in Thuban's new pirate ship shooting their cannons at the Weasley twins, who were inside Serpens' castle returning the cannon fire. Ginny sat in a long lounge, a table in between her and the chairs occupied by Ron and Luna. Draco walked out onto the patio, prompted Ginny to scoot forward on the lounge and sat behind her. He placed a fire whiskey on the table for Ron before wrapping an arm around his wife and pulling her back firmly against his chest.

"According to my contacts at the Ministry, Pettigrew was likely murdered," Draco said.

"That's what it looks like, Malfoy. Bloody hell, he was the most hated wizard in the world. We're going to have a ghastly time finding the murderer." Ron took a drink of his whiskey. "His floor was locked down last night but somehow the cells weren't. There are over two hundred prisoners in that area, both Death Eaters and wizards whose family members were killed by Death Eaters. The Prophet didn't get the whole story. There were more murders than Pettigrew's last night."

"Do you think it's a cover up or an inside job? Was Pettigrew the target?" Ginny asked.

"That's the real question isn't it? I can't believe that only Owen Carrows and Bellatrix were behind Harry's murder. I think we're still missing one or more people high up in the Ministry." He touched his sister's hand, "I believe you and the boys are safe from them, Ginny. Your only worry lies with Bellatrix."

Draco cuddled his wife. "The Bulgarians released Rabastan and Rodolphus today. They said there wasn't enough evidence to hold them. Bellatrix is still in their jail. They want more proof of her guilt in Potter's death before returning her to England. I'm sure Rodolphus will stay in Bulgaria close to her. I have men watching Rabastan."

"The Bulgarians won't give visas to any British Auror but we are watching the borders. We'll get them if they leave the country. The French handed Owen Carrows over. The Dark Lord's murders touched many of their families. They were happy to be rid of the Death Eater," Ron informed the group.

Luna cleared her throat, "Enough about Death Eaters. Ginny, who'd you have take those photographs of Draco and Thuban? They were adorable. Colin isn't available on July 1st to shoot our wedding."

------------------******************------------------

"Crucio," Lucius spat as the green light left his wand and hit Rabastan Lestrange in the chest. The black-haired wizard's body contorted in the chair that held him.

"That my friend, was for allowing Voldemort to injure my son eight years ago. I should have viewed Draco's memories of that evening sooner," Lucius hissed. "Now, what do your brother and my lovely sister-in-law have planned?"

"Lucius, I don't know," Rabastan pleaded.

"Crucio!" the blond wizard yelled. The green light appeared to last longer this time and Rabastan screamed from the pain.

"Father…" Draco said as he entered the room. He closed the door behind himself instantly.

"Draco, please!" Rabastan gasped. "Stop him! I knew nothing of their plans to attack your wife."

"Then why did you run?" Draco jeered.

"I was at their house when Bellatrix arrived. She informed me Wormtail was alive and the Ministry had him. He knew too much. If he talked I could spend years in Azkaban." Lucius raised his wand. "I knew nothing about Potter's murder."

Draco put his wand to Rabastan's head. "Legilimens," he whispered. After a couple of minutes, Draco stepped back. "He's telling the truth."

"They are after Cygnus. Bellatrix believes he is owed to her, repayment for the loss of her twins. Ginevra's uncle was the wizard who cursed her," Rabastan stated.

"And what of Rodolphus? What does he believe?" Lucius asked.

"Like all wizards, he wants a son," Rabastan offered.

"Obliviate," Draco hissed before walking to the door and bringing Mihailov in. "Take him to Knockturn Alley. The Aurors perform their rounds at four a.m. make sure they find him."

"Are you sure, sir? Once they have him…" Mihailov started.

"I'm in no mood for murder nor do I wish to watch him for months on end. We may need him later," Draco spat.

Lucius nodded at Mihailov. "Let the Aurors find him."

Once Mihailov had left with Rabastan, Lucius patted Draco's on the shoulder. "Rodolphus will not be easy to catch."

"I understand, Father. I should have never allowed Bellatrix around my children."

"There is nothing you could have done to prevent this, son. We may not be able to catch Rodolphus but we will keep him and Bellatrix from Cygnus and the other children." Lucius tone became very firm, "No one takes what is ours."

------------------******************------------------

The morning sun slowly crossed the room and shined on Draco's face. It's warmth woke him from his light slumber. The first thing he noticed was the absence of his wife although her side of the bed was still warm. The second thing was the formal sky blue dress with an icy sheer trim lain over a chair. Today's the Weasel's wedding, he thought. Luna had initially thought of having in it late August but during final planning, it changed to July first. He smiled at the idea of an evening of dancing with his wife. They'd had a wonderful time at Blaise and Pansy's wedding two weeks ago. After the reception, things got even better thanks to his parents' taking the boys for the night.

He thought about what he and his wife would get up to tonight. Blaise and Pansy would have Leo must of the day and would be picking the other boys up at the reception around eight. A mere week ago Draco believed he'd lost out on this opportunity with his wife but his good mate Blaise came through. Really, this arrangement was to the benefit of both of the wizards. Pansy had been harping about starting a family and Blaise hoped that an evening with four little wizards under foot would change her mind for a short time. The dark-haired wizard wanted children, it was just that he wanted two or three years with his wife to himself before that happened.

Draco understood that very well. He would kill for ten minutes alone with Ginny this morning. However, the blond head resting on his left arm wasn't going to allow that. Neither would the little wizard laying at his feet nor the one sitting on the wingback chair staring at him.

"Daddy, are you awake?" Thuban softly asked. The little wizard was already dressed in his Quidditch uniform even through his first match wasn't for three hours.

"Give me a minute, son," Draco mumbled as Ginny came into the room.

"Good. You're awake. I'm due at the hotel in twenty minutes." She quickly kissed her husband's cheek and walked away before he could get a hold of her. "Don't forget to use that Muggle item and record the match for me." She kissed Thuban's cheek and hugged him. "Mummy wishes she could see your first match, darling. Keep your head up and watch the entire pitch. Keep focused and you'll do wonderfully." She retrieved her dress and looked back at her husband. "There's a list of things that need to be done this morning on the changing table, Draco. I love you," she said before Disapparating.

Thuban caught the surprised expression on his father's face. "Don't worry, Daddy. Grandmother is coming over at eight thirty and the elves can do most of the things on Mummy's list."

------------------******************------------------

Draco handed two Muggle video cameras to the Creevey brothers along with a bag of galleons. "He's number two. Those are for Ginny."

"Don't worry, Malfoy. We've been doing this for years. I wouldn't disappoint Ginny," Colin said before the pair headed off.

Draco carrying Serpens, Lucius carrying Leo, Narcissa holding Cam's hand walked along with Blaise and Pansy to enter the stadium. The pitch was divided into three small fields. Thuban's team was to play at the far left. Draco released the breath he was holding when he saw the number of people in attendance.

"It's a bit overwhelming," Fred stated as he came up from behind the group.

"I don't think there were these many people at our first Hogwarts match," George added.

"Who'd want to watch you goofs play?" Charlie stated.

"Hello, Draco. Mr. and Mrs. Malfoy. Blaise. Pansy," Bill said. "I'm surprised at the turnout myself. We've got seats down front if you'd like to joins us."

The Malfoy party followed the Weasleys to the seats where Arthur and Ron were waiting. The conversion before the match started was brief. Tension was still high between the heads of the two families and exchanges about the weather could even lead to an argument. Luckily for the adults, the match started quickly and Thuban wasted no time in showing his proficiency at the sport.

"Go, Thuban, go!" Cam and Serpens yelled.

The wizards swayed left and right copying Thuban's movements on the pitch, much to the delight of Narcissa and Pansy. The Malfoy heir scooped the Quaffle off the ground and headed for the goal. He weaved around all three of the other team's chasers plus one of his own team's hopeless chasers before making an outstanding fake on the keeper and scoring his twelfth goal of the match.

"Exceptional move!" Lucius elbowed his son. "How long have you been working on that?"

Draco grimaced and eyed the Weasley wizards in front of him. "That's Ginny's work."

Blaise and Lucius laughed at the look on Draco's face. Thuban intercepted a pass from the other team and made his way to the goal again. He used a different move on the keeper this time and scored again. Draco beamed, "I taught him that one!"

"Well, Malfoy, maybe you're good for something after all," Fred laughed.

"No, it's the Weasley in the boy," Ron added.

"I believe the name on the back of that sweater is Malfoy! Now, could you please be quiet. I want to watch my son denominate the pitch," Draco replied with a smirk.

Thuban again made a run for the goal. One of the other team's chasers stayed on his tail and bumped him from time to time. Then the keeper did something the six-year-old blond wizard wasn't ready for. He flew right at him. Thuban turned so they wouldn't run into each other but the chaser bumped him again causing Thuban to fly head first into the keeper. The little wizards' heads collided and both fell the two feet to the cushioned ground.

"Oh my!" Narcissa gasped as she tried to get up. Lucius held her in place. "Lucius, Thuban is injured. Let me go," she hissed.

"Dearest, look he's getting up. He's fine," Lucius calmly stated.

"I need to make sure," she hissed. "Now, Lucius!" she ordered.

Draco turned to his mother. "The match will be over in five minutes, Mother, let's start heading for the pitch." He helped his mother out of her chair and towards the players' bench.

"That was a wicked hit," Cam spouted.

----------**********-----------

Draco walked briskly to the spa with a very clean and elated Thuban on his hip. Fred and George Weasley spotted him.

"Malfoy, why'd ya run off after…" George started but the sight of his nephew explained it all.

"That's a brilliant shiner, Thuban," Fred added. "Outstanding match by the way."

"The stupid keeper flew into me," Thuban spat. "He knocked out my tooth too." The little wizard smiled showing that both his front teeth were missing.

"And gave you a fat lip," Bill interjected as he approached the group. The eldest Weasley brother removed Thuban from Draco. "Ginny wants to see him. We told her about most of the match. However, you may want to tell her about this before she sees him." Draco nodded and walked off.

The six year old beamed at his uncles and pulled a gold medal from his pocket. "I was player of the match. I scored one hundred and forty points. That's fourteen goals."

"Marvelous, mate," Bill replied. "We saw each one of them."

Thuban pulled his tooth out of his pocket. "It's just a baby tooth. It was ready to come out anyway. Grandfather said it looks like a three galleon tooth."

Ginny's voice came down the hallway silencing the boy. "I want to see him now, Draco. For Merlin's sake, I knew he was too young."

"Calm down, Gin. He's fine," Draco said calmly.

The red-haired witch rounded the corner and ran to her son. Her wand was out in moments and she ran it over him.

"Grandmother already did that, Mummy. It's only a black eye and fat lip." The little wizard squirmed trying to get away for his mother. "I'm fine, Mummy."

"Poor baby, you don't have to play Quidditch again. Does it hurt?" Ginny said.

Thuban pulled back. "It doesn't hurt. I want to play more Quidditch. I love Quidditch. I was player of the match." He showed her the gold medal. "It was the keeper's fault. He thought if he ran into me I would not score. But I did. I threw the Quaffle after he hit me and I scored. Coach Keitch said it was the best play he ever saw. I didn't even cry and there was blood all over my shirt. I used the moves you taught me, Mummy, and scored seven goals. Please, Mummy! I want to keep playing."

Her eldest was beaming at her. The little wizard was very proud of himself. He hadn't been this happy in a long time. She smiled back at him, "Did you say your Grandmother already checked you for injuries?"

Thuban nodded merrily. "Grandmother took all the pain away but she said Daddy had to take his potion. So she wouldn't perform a glamour charm to cover my eye and lip."

Ginny covered her mouth to hide her smirk. She could only image how much distress Thuban's appearance had caused the older witch, and still Narcissa had kept her wits. Narcissa would never help Draco hide anything from his wife.

She offered her hand to her son, "Come along, you need your hair cut and some good charm work before the wedding." She turned to her husband, "I'll talk with you later, Draco."

-------------------**************---------------------

Rodolphus placed his wand on his head and muttered a spell. His appearance changed radically. He muttered another spell and everyone within a hundred kilometers froze. The wizard then Disapparated.

Moments later he stood in front of a desk at the Swedish Wizard's Studies of the Mind Center. An older witch approached the desk. "Healer Grohol will be with you shortly, Auror Davison."

A white haired Healer greeted Rodolphus and the two wizards walked into a room.

"Thank you for seeing me, Healer Grohol. I was told you were the world's expect on the working of the child's mind. We have come across a strange case and are hoping you can explain it to us," Rodolphus started. "A nanny kidnapped the five year old boy in her care. When we found them a week later, the boy believed the nanny to be his mother. How could she have done this? It is very dangerous to erase a young child's memories."

"Yes, Mr. Davison. One cannot erase a child's memory without many problems. However, if the woman had taken care of the child or performed mothering tasks for the child since birth, she would merely need to use a charm to bring those memories to the forefront of his mind," Healer Grohol stated. He removed a book from the shelf and handed it to Rodolphus.

"Before the eighteen hundreds, it was common for wizards and witches to take magical children from their Muggle parents. This book explains the methods used to make those children forget about their Muggle parents and believe that the witch was their mother."

-------------------**************---------------------

Draco couldn't help but growl under his breath as yet another unmarried wizard caressed his wife's back at the head table. Why did they keep touching her every time they walked by? Neville had touched her five times and looked into her eyes. Dean had held her hand for three minutes and kissed her cheek twice, once touching the corner of her lips. Seamus hugged her, nuzzled her neck and whispered into her ear causing her to blush. His wand hand twitched, one more touch and he would have to do something.

He was very happy when the first dance started. Ginny and Bill were paired so watching the couple dance caused Draco no worry. As soon as Thuban finished dancing with the flower girl, Draco would floo the boys to the Zabini's home and he would have his wife to himself once again.

"Daddy," Serpens pulled on his father's robe sleeve. "I'm tired. May I go to Uncle Blaise's now?"

"As soon as the music stops, Serpens," Draco advised the boy.

"Has Pansy watched the boys overnight before?" Molly asked.

"She's watched two of them before but never all four," Draco said. "I'm sure she and Blaise can handle them."

"She's had Leo all day?" Molly inquired.

Draco chuckled. "In a way. Both my mother and Pansy's were with her until five. They were trying to talk Blaise into starting his own family."

Arthur beamed. "I see now. Blaise gets hounded into how sweet babies are all afternoon and this evening you deliver reality to Pansy?"

The blond wizard smirked. "Only a slight reality." The music stopped. "Wish your grandparents goodnight boys. I'll retrieve Thuban."

After a quick goodbye to family members, Draco hurried his children to their godfather's home. The boys were annoyed when Draco didn't make a quick exit. He reminded them that misbehavior would earn them a very sore bottom. He also checked every pocket in their robes removing the pounds of sweets they had taken from the party. Their father even had the nerve to inform Blaise it would be best to bathe the little wizards and put them to bed immediately.

Cam eyed his father. The wizard wasn't playing fairly. Draco informed Blaise of every useful trick of getting the boys to sleep early. He even gave the black-haired wizard the bottle of jasmine oil their mother would place in their bath to calm them. It became very clear to the five year old that his father wasn't taking any chances of being disturbed this evening. Thuban and he would merely have to wait until the morning to have their fun.

When Draco reentered the ballroom, he couldn't help but gape at the sight in front of him. His eyes turned black with anger and his hand reached inside his robe for his wand. Numerous curses and hexes ran through his mind. Which one should he use on the prat Longbottom? He'd teach the git to keep his arms off of Malfoy property. Neville spun Ginny around the dance floor. Draco smirked as he decided on the hex then Ginny's eyes meet his and she smiled lovingly.

"Damn it!" Ron cursed in a whisper to Percy as he watched Draco relax. "I thought the Ferret was going to do something stupid," Ron exhaled. "A good row between him and Ginny would have made the day perfect."

"Ron only wishes the best for our little sister, doesn't he?" George jested.

"I want to know what happened. Ferret was seconds away from hexing Neville. Then he just stopped," Ron asked in bewilderment.

Draco impatiently waited for the dance to end. He tapped Neville's shoulder as the next song started. "I'll take over from here," he advised the other wizard before waltzing across the floor with his wife.

"I see you made the best of my absence," Draco teased as he flawlessly pranced her around the dance floor. "It doesn't matter. You're all mine now."

She smiled and shook her head. "I've promised my father a dance and I really should dance with Ron."

He sighed and looked longingly into her eyes. "If I must release you, can you make it quick?"

Ginny raised a brow. "We have all evening, don't we?"

"Cam had that look in his eye. I have a feeling we'll be getting an early Floo call from Blaise and Pansy."

She kissed his cheek. "A quick dance with my father and brother then I'm yours for the evening."

------------------******************------------------

A normal looking Rodolphus approached what appeared to be a four star hotel, with a case in his hand. He went to the front desk where a wizard dressed as a prison guard met him.

"How long do you wish to visit your wife, Mr. Lestrange?"

"The next three days," Rodolphus placed a number of galleons on the desk.

The man took Rodolphus' wand and led him to a beautiful suite where Bellatrix was waiting. He joined his wife on the settee and waited for the guard to leave. Rodolphus removed a book from his case and handed it to her.

"You need to study this, Bella. It explains how we can make the children forget their birth parents and believe they are ours."

She kissed her husband. "When will you buy my freedom so we can start our family?"

He walked away from his wife thankful that she had no wand and the room was warded against wandless magic. "Lucius and Draco have Cygnus well guarded, my love. There is no way to get the child at this time."

Bellatrix eyes turned black with anger, rage was quickly building inside of her.

"Bella, my love, do not worry. Their guard will decrease. If you remain here for a time, I believe we will be able have the children by mid September. They left the children with their grandparents for Draco's birthday and they are leaving them again for an anniversary trip. By September, they will be leaving Cygnus alone with his tutor. We will get the boy then."

"What about Cepheus?" Bella asked.

Rodolphus laughed. "Lupin is a fool. Even after being warned, he has done little to safeguard the boy. Our men talked to Cepheus yesterday. He awaits your visit and looks forward to his great adventure. We will take both boys at the same time." He embraced his wife. "Can you manage staying in this prison for another month?"

Bellatrix cackled. "This is no prison. I would stay in Azkaban for months to finally have the family we deserve."