Unofficial Portkey Archive

What Is Love? by d&gforever
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

What Is Love?

d&gforever

Cementing Relationships

Part 2

--------*********--------

They sat together in their dressing robes at a candlelit table in their sitting room, Ginny seductively eating her chocolate mousse. After licking and sucking on her spoon longer than necessary she hummed, "Your early arrival destroyed my plans to seduce you."

He raised a brow at her, "I very much enjoyed what I got because of my early arrival. However, I'm open to being ensnared by you again."

"It's too late. I'd need time to set it up. Impatient wizard's lose out," she teased licking the back of her spoon again.

His voice lowered two octaves and he lightly touched her hand, "Is there no part of your plan that could still be executed?" Desired filled his voice and eyes.

"Perhaps, if you're willing to play a game with me," Ginny licked her lips.

"Whatever you wish, luv."

She smiled. "It's an easy game. We look into each other eyes and tell one another what we love about each other. The first one who can't think of a new thing to say has to do whatever the other wishes for the evening. Are you game?"

"I love the way your hair floats in the wind when you ride your horse," he smiled.

"I love the way your eyes sparkle when I enter a room," Ginny replied.

"I love the way your hair tickles my nose when we snuggle."

"I love the way you hold me when we dance."

"I love the way you kiss me hello and goodbye."

"I love the way you place your hand on my knee at dinner parties."

"I love the way you hold my hand when we walk," he winked. "Am I playing the game right, luv?"

She nodded. "I love your competiveness."

"I love your cheek."

"I love your laugh."

"I love the way your blush in my arms," he smiled, "I can go on all night, you know."

"I'm counting on it," she blushed. "I love your cockiness."

He grinned at the pun.

--------*********--------

Draco and Ginny sat next to each other in a cozy quiet corner of dimly lit restaurant. Soft romantic music played in the background. He placed his hand on her leg caressing her inner thigh under the table as the waiter placed the bruschetta and poured their wine.

"What would you like, Gin?" Draco kissed cheek.

She smiled at him and placed her hand on his lowering it from her upper thigh to her knee. "Order for us both, please."

He tried to move his hand back up her thigh, but she held it in place. He playfully scowled at her before turning to the waiter, "We'll start with Insalata Del Giardina then have Linguine Carbonara followed by Pollo Alla Marsala and Panna Cotta for dessert."

Ginny took a drink of her wine then leaned into her husband. "I didn't know, Draco. I thought it was a hunting lodge. I picked it because it was close to home."

"It's fine, Gin. We went pheasant hunting and there is a wonderful lake for fishing. Sweetheart, I got what I really wanted and that was to be alone with you." He placed a light kiss on her cheek and tried to move his hand again.

"Charming, Mr. Malfoy but not good enough," she giggled.

He leaned over and whispered sweetly,
"I love thee, I love thee,
'Tis all that I can say;
It is my vision in the night,
My dreaming in the day." *

She sighed and allowed his hand to move slightly up her thigh. "Short. However very sweet," she replied while feeding him a bite of her bruschetta. After he it, she seductively licked her lips and took a bite off the same piece. They lovingly stared at each other for a short time. Once their mouths were empty, she quickly kissed him.

"Delicious," she breathlessly whispered.

He smirked at her, "The bruschetta or my kiss?"

"Both," she mouthed.

The waiter placed a salad in front of each of them. Draco faintly jounced against her.

"You're kissable and cuddly; You're lovable and sweet;
You thrill me every minute, And sweep me off my feet.
You're charming and disarming, Desirable and true.
You inspire and impress me, And that's why I love you!"**

The witch's eyes started to tear, "I love you, too." She kissed him again, this time kissing his bottom lip, top lip, then both. "It's really love? No pretending to be my prince?"

He kissed her tears. "No pretending, Ginevra, I say these things now to show my love for you."

She put down her fork and hugged him. He returned it and softly said,

"You don't need fancy jewelry
To make me fall for you.
You don't need a lot of makeup,
To cause me to pursue.
You don't need clothes from Gucci
To make me like you more.
You do not need to put on airs
To make my passions soar.
All you need is honesty,
And a smiling face;
Sincerity and loyalty,
And a warm embrace." **

Ginny kissed his cheek and dreamily looked into his eyes. She sighed before hiding her face in his chest. He caressed her back and she softly spoke. "It's so surreal. I've longed to be in love for so many years. We've wasted so much time. I wasted so much time."

"We're lucky. We almost wasted a lifetime," he whispered.

She pulled herself together and smiled at him. "No more."

They finished their salads while silently giving each other loving glances. He held her close around her waist as they watched their waiter cook their pasta in front of them. When he'd placed the plates, Ginny decided it was her turn to be the seducer. She placed her hand on Draco's inner knee. She inhaled the aroma of her food then put her face close to his cheek and breathed deeply.

"You smell better," she cooed through her puckered lips. She winked at him and slowly twirled a small amount of pasta on her fork. She sighed longingly as she ate. The red haired beauty turned to her husband, nuzzled her head next to his neck and suckled the pulse point. She pulled away and sighed slowly, "I think you taste better too."

She felt him shutter and then regain control. Damn him, she thought as she felt his hand run up her thigh.

Draco whispered,

"This is my greatest happiness--
To spend my life with you,
Sharing trials and triumphs,
Joys and problems, too,
To kiss you in the morning
And hold you close at night,
To know we'll be together
Whether days are gray or bright,
Sharing all the little things
That make our daily life . . .
This is my greatest happiness--
To have you for my wife."

Ginny took another taste of her pasta. Her hand went to her husband must private spot. She turned to him and whispered, "I'm now sure that you taste better. May I have another taste?" she seductively purred. He pulled her into a deep kiss and Apparated them back to their suite.

(Click here for the smut. http://fanfiction.portkey.org/story/6117/13)

---------*********--------

They Apparated in the receiving area of Falcon's Stadium reserved for suite owners.

"And they're off!" The couple heard the announcer say.

"See, we're not too late. The match just started." Draco smirked at his wife.

"I hope your Mother doesn't hear about this. I don't need a lecture about how a hostess should never be late for her own party."

He kissed her cheek, "That's why I told Father that Blaise was hosting."

Ginny playfully slapped his arm before she grabbed and held onto his hand, "You could have told me that earlier."

"I like how you act when you think you're being naughty," he winked then chuckled.

She scoffed at him as she pulled on his arm to make their normal turn to their box suite. He pulled her back, put his arm around her waist and led her straight ahead.

"Our box is that way, dear," she pointed back at the turn.

He smiled, "Our old box was that way. Father's present to me was an upgrade."

Draco opened the door to his new executive luxury suite. The room was the size of their family parlor complete with fireplace, bar and a cooking area. There were also two bathrooms and a large closet, which already contained a vast amount of baby items and children's toys. The front of the suite was made of one-way glass, so you could see out but no one could see in. A fourth door led to twelve uncovered seats in front of the suite.

"It's my present. However, he purchased it because Thuban complained about not being allowed to come to all the games." He pointed to the ceiling, "We can use a charm to make it into two separate rooms. We can entertain business clients on one side and have Tipsy and Nan watch the boys on the other, when needed."

Blaise came into the suite from the seats in front. He smiled at Draco and Ginny then put his head out the door. "They're here." He walked inside followed by Pansy, Miles, Daphne, Richard, Millicent, Vincent, Padma, Greg and Diane.

Ginny couldn't help but snarl at Greg. Diane was a nice young girl. However that's what she was, a young girl. She was nine years Greg's junior and had one more year at Hogwarts. Diane was Blaise's young cousin and last summer Draco had to stop a duel between the two wizards when Blaise learned Greg, who was married at the time, was having a sexual relationship with the then sixteen year old. What would posses Greg to bring the girl today?

Pansy walked Ginny away from the crowd and whispered, "So, did you release your inhibitions?"

Ginny gave her a hug and replied, "Yes. It was wonderful for both of us, very loving and caring." She looked at Diane. "Why did Greg bring her? Isn't Blaise furious?"

"Look at her left hand. He's marrying her next summer. Blaise is fine with Greg shagging her as long as it's a committed relationship. Let's get back before they notice." The witches stepped back to the group.

"So, why are you late?" Pansy asked as she hugged Draco.

"Draco insisted we take a stroll around the grounds before we left," Ginny stated flatly.

Pansy laughed, "Sure, you were late because Draco wanted to take a stroll around the lodge grounds."

"It's the truth," Draco smirked, "although, if we hadn't done some other things earlier our walk wouldn't have made us late," he whispered to his mates.

"How was the lodge, Ginny?" Millicent asked.

Blaise nudged Draco, "Let's get some bottles of mead and watch the match from outside while the ladies discuss the trip." The wizards nodded and left the room with mead in each hand.

"Tell us about the lodge," Daphne inquired.

"The lodge in Portsmouth was beautiful. They had two dining rooms, one formal serving English cuisine the other a small and intimate Italian shop. They had a dance hall for more classical dancing and a nightclub with a dance floor. It was surround by beautiful countryside with flowing meadows, a small lake and rich forests. Their hunts are for smaller game and they encourage wives to join their husbands. I got lucky, it was more of a couples resort." Ginny went to the bar, opened a bottle of wine and poured each witch a glass. The six sat at the small table.

"Friday morning, I went pheasant hunting with Draco. In the afternoon, we went horseback riding and picnicked in the meadow. We dined at the Italian restaurant and then we went dancing at the nightclub." She took a drink of her wine then rolled eyes while saying, "Of course, Draco had to wake me up before dawn to go carp fishing, Saturday morning." She blushed, "However, he did make it up to me. We went to the formal dining room and dance hall at night. It was the most relaxing holiday I've had in years. I love my boys. Nevertheless, it was heavenly to sleep in and make love with my husband without worrying about being interrupted," Ginny sighed dreamily as did the other witches.

"It sounds wonderful, Ginny. Although I do have one question, doesn't putting the boys to bed, using a locking and sound proofing charm prevent interruptions?" Millicent asked.

Ginny and Padma busted into fits of laugher.

"Well, you can't silence the children even if you have a nanny. If you're in the house and they want you, they will find you. When they're under two they cry at the worst times breaking the mood. After that, they need a drink, had a bad dream or something. If you're lucky, it only pauses your activities," Padma explained.

"Merlin help you, if they're knocking because they're sick. Nothing can restore the mood after they throw up on you or the bed," Ginny giggled. She gave her friends a meaningful look, "Our problem now is Serpens. We don't know how, but he can undo every locking charm we've tried. Luckily he knocks before he opens the door."

After a moment Padma stopped laughing and said, "Getting caught by your children is one thing. It's not a pleasant interruption but at least they don't understand what's going on and it's easy to get them out of the room." She paused. "Vincent took me out for dinner last night. One thing leads to another and I invited him to stay the night." She started to giggle. "Well, this morning he was being very loving to me and all the sudden the bedroom door flies open." Padma's eyes are tearing as she tried to control her giggles. "We look over and see his mother. I looked up at him and notice we'd thrown the cover off. So there we were both naked, him mid-stroke bare ass in the air." She bends over laughing and breathlessly finishes, "The look of horror on his face was priceless and when he realized I was laughing he was terrorized."

"Merlin!" All the witches with the exception of Diane laughed. Pansy patted the young girl on the back, "When you're older you'll understand."

The wizards walked back in for more mead. Pansy looked at Vincent and doubled over with laughter.

"What's so funny?" Draco asked.

Daphne grinned, "Padma was telling us about her morning."

Crabbe blushed and his eyes darkened angrily, "Damn it, witch. Can't you keep your mouth closed?"

The laughter instantly died down. "Oh, Vin. If you'd only relax you'd see the humor in it," Padma smiled at him.

"Humor! Humor! There's nothing funny about having your mother walk in on you. Then lecture you for two hours when you only have a bed sheet wrapped around your waist."

"I find it very amusing, mate," Blaise patted Crabbe's back. "Here's a mead to cool you down. If you don't watch your tongue you won't have to worry about being caught by your mother ever again."

"I've asked the bloody witch to marry me again daily," Crabbe muttered as the wizards went back out front. "It's not my fault she keeps saying no."

Padma huffed and turned to the face the witches, "It is his fault, I said no! We'd been on four dates before the marriage law was passed. I was really enjoying being with him. Then the idiot forces me to marry him. Damn it! If he would have taken it slowly, I likely would have willingly married the prat."

"Padma, if he didn't someone else…" Ginny started.

"You never read the whole law did you?" Padma asked. Ginny shook her head. "He could have delayed the wedding for up to eighteen months. But he had to force me to marry him that month."

It took a moment for her words to register, when they did a dark expression crossed Ginny's face.

"Ginny!" Pansy started. "Don't you think that way. Draco never told you, he married you to save you from Montague."

"I wasn't thinking that. He led me to believe he was being kind allowing me to finish school and sending me on holiday after the term. He could have waited another year."

"Or he could have forced you to marry him right away and not allowed you to finish school," Pansy hissed. "Leave the past in the past, Ginny."

--------*********--------

"I'll never understand bloody witches," Crabbe spat before downing his mead. "Padma puzzles me. Always has. Bloody hell! We'd been dating for three months, shagging for one before the marriage law. I thought the wench wanted to marry me. She's mental. That's all there is to it. Even now, one minute she's inviting me into to my own house for a shag. The next thing I know she's kicking me out."

Draco cleared his throat. "Mate." He started hesitantly, "Did you ask her to marry you or did you tell her?"

"Shut it, Malfoy. What's the difference?" Crabbe yelled. "The bint was shagging me, of course she wanted to marry me."

"Calm it, Vinnie. Draco's only trying to help," Greg sat next to his friend. "Think about it. Did you want to marry every witch you shagged?" He handed Vincent a mead. "You and I made the same mistake. We thought the witches wanted us. We should have asked. I think Padma loves you."

"I believe so too, Vin. If you start asking her things instead of ordering her around or telling her what she wants, you may be surprised," Draco added.

"I'd listen to him," Blaise said. "He did manage to keep his beautiful bride. By the way Malfoy, did you have an enjoyable holiday?"

A devilish grin ran across Draco's face, "It was a romantic lovers' resort disguised as a hunting lodge. Ginny didn't know it. Everything worked out wonderfully because I wanted to spend time with her more then I wanted to hunt stag, boar, nogtail or jobberknoll. I did bag a couple of pheasants."

Miles interrupted, "But mostly he bagged his wife." Laughter rang out among the wizards.

"Nothing like a good old shag fest to lift the spirits," Richard added.

"I know I sound like a prance but I enjoyed having her to myself. I could cuddle with her and not worry about someone needing to be fed, changed, walked, held, played with, etc. I got all of her attention for three days."

"Spoken like the spoilt rotten brat we all know," Greg chuckled.

"Then this will even sound more like me. I'm going nogtail hunting this summer." Draco smirked. "I merely need to figure out how to have Ginny think it was her idea."

Blaise chuckled, "I wouldn't play with that fire if I was you, mate."

"Here's an idea for you. Invite her family to Weir Inn for a weekend. We'll come along too," Greg started.

"We'll watch your back," Crabbe added.

"You'll get your hunting. Ginny will be happy that you're including her family," Greg finished.

"I like her brothers, except the Weasel," Richard said.

"I've always found Fred and George entertaining," Miles laughed.

Draco jokingly shuttered, "Salazar Slytherin is rolling over in his grave, members of his house showing admiration for a bunch of Gryffindors."

"Which Gryffindors are you admiring?" Ginny coyly asked as she and the witches appeared in the open sitting area. The wizards moved so their witches could sit next to them. However, when Ginny approached Draco pulled her onto his lap.

"Draco, I can't watch the match from here," Ginny hissed.

He pulled her close and kissed her neck, "Don't care, it's my party. I get what I want and I want you here."

She rolled her eyes, "You won't be able to see the game well either."

"Don't care," he caressed her arm and leg, "want to cuddle you."

"You can cuddle me at home," she whispered.

He shook his head, "I have to compete with four other wizards at home."

-------------***********----------------

The cries of "Mummy! Mummy! Mummy!" rang throughout the house after Ginny and Draco Apparated into the foyer of Black Hall. Three little blond haired boys merrily greeted their mother, paying no attention to the wizard that stood next to her. Draco's feelings would have been hurt if both Molly and his mother hadn't prepared him for this event.

"It's very uncommon for the boys to be away from Ginevra for more than a day, Draco. They are going to appear to miss her more. Do not be surprised if they greet her first and do not greet you for some time," Narcissa told him before their holiday.

"They will likely be very clingy to her for the first two or three days after your return, so be patient with them," Molly had added.

He led his family into the parlor where Ginny sat on the settee and the boys crawled around her. They explained how much they missed her and all the things they had done while she was away. Draco thanked Ginny's parents and saw them off before sitting on the settee next to his wife and children.

"Daddy was mean for taking you away from us," Cam whispered.

Draco hid his anger. The nerve of that little wizard, he had half a mind to send him to his bedchambers. Now that was an idea, he could send the boys to their chambers. The thought quickly left his mind as Serpens finally crawled onto his lap.

"Don't ever take my mummy away again," the three year old ordered.

He looked at his wife with tear-filled eyes. This was getting out of hand. He hadn't been welcomed home and now he was a villain. He wasn't some tyrant who stole their mummy. He was their daddy for Merlin's shake.

"Cam. Serpens," Ginny said firmly. "Daddy isn't mean nor did he take me away. I arranged the holiday. Sometimes mummies and daddies need time away."

"Grandmother told Grandma it was about time Daddy took you somewhere without us," Thuban added. "She said it's hard work being a mummy to four wizards and mummy needed a break."

Serpens turned up his nose. "It wasn't hard work before Leo! Maybe we should get rid of him. Aunt Pansy wants a baby."

Draco snarled, "We're keeping Leo and I will take my wife on as many holidays as I like."

Thuban moved next to his father. "Daddy, I missed you too. It was really fun at the Manor and with Grandpa and Grandma but… please don't go away without us to much. It's more fun being with you and Mummy."

"Ginny! Ginny!" yelled the excided voice of Molly Weasley from the fireplace. The family turned to face her. "Ron just got a floo call from his Auror partner. They've found Owen Carrows. They'll be bringing him back to England tomorrow."

----------**********----------

Author's Note: For those of you that are curious Draco won the "I love game" but only because his words had Ginny so aroused she needed relief.

* Poem by Thomas Hood

** Poems by Ara John Movsesian

I kept hearing the song Unwritten on the radio when I was rewriting this chapter. If you haven't heard it click here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysnUVEUMBEs