Unofficial Portkey Archive

What Is Love? by d&gforever
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

What Is Love?

d&gforever

Author's Note: The links to the love scenes will not be working until Monday, August 7, 2006.

Getting Closer

Draco gave Ginny a quick kiss after he closed Serpens' door and headed to his study. He needed an hour to finish up some paperwork. Ginny decided to go back and check on Cam. Something had happened between the little wizard and his father while she was having tea with Hermione. Draco merely told her the boy had misbehaved and he had spanked him. Although Cam's getting a spanking was rare, likely because Narcissa was able to talk Draco out of doing it, she knew there was more to it. Cam was still in a huff at bedtime, Thuban was very upset with his brother and Draco was still glaring at the boy. He never held onto his anger with one of his sons for so long.

When she opened Cam's bedchamber door, she heard him weeping into his pillow. She wasted no time and scooped her second born into her arms.

"Cammy, baby! Tell Mummy what's wrong. What happened? Let Mummy help make it all better." She cradled him in her arms and rocked him.

"I miss Grandmother. I want her to kiss me every night like she used to. Why did we have to move?"

"Cammy, we needed a home of our own. The Manor is your grandparents'. It's best this way. But guess what?"

"What?"

"Tomorrow, you and your brothers are going to spend all day at the Manor with your grandmother," Ginny kissed his head and smiled.

"Really?" Cam's cries slowed.

"Yes, really. Now tell Mummy what happened while I was out."

Cam wiped away his tears. "Well, Daddy's really mean. He was really bad. He spanked me for no reason and in front of Thuban and Serpens. Then he said I couldn't see Auntie Bella anymore. He doesn't understand that I really love you, even though you're only common and not as good as Blacks and Malfoys."

After years with the Malfoys, Ginny had learned to control and hide her emotions. She pushed her anger at Cam's last statement down deep inside her. How could a child say something so cruel, that sweet and innocently? Damn pureblooded aristocrats!

"I love you very much, sweetheart." She kissed his head and tucked the little boy back into bed.

She hurried down the stairs to Draco's study. She knocked quickly and entered when she heard him call out.

"I'm sorry, Love. But I still have a half hours worth of work to get through," he said as she entered the room.

"I want to know the exact words Cam used," Ginny huffed as she sat down.

Draco stared at her. "I don't understand, Ginny."

"Draco, what exactly did Cam say about me?"

"It was nothing, Love."

"Nothing!" She stood, placed both her hands on his desk, leaned in and glared at him. "I know better then that. You never spank your children over nothing. Now, out with it."

Draco get up and moved himself and Ginny over to the settee. He held her close. "It's not what he said but how he said it. You were right, Ginny. My aunt is filling his head with nonsense. He has this crazy idea that you're of a lower class than they or I. He won't be spending time with my aunt anymore."

"Draco, it's not all Bellatrix's fault." She couldn't believe her own ears, but it was the truth. "Our lives are changing very fast. Cam's very confused. You've treated me like an inferior for years."

"I never said you were..."

She pressed her finger to his lips and hugged him. "It's not about what you've said, but your actions. You look down upon other wizards all the time, Draco. What do you think your sons are going to do? Cam's behavior needs to be changed. But I don't think a spanking and not allowing him to see your aunt is going to do it. You need to talk with your aunt about not imposing her beliefs on our children but don't refuse her access to Cam."

"I love you, Ginny. I hope you understand how much. I'm working on treating you like the princess you are."

She kissed his lips. "You're doing a find job now, my charming prince. I was talking about the past. You need to have a good talk with Cam and really explain your actions. He is a very confused little wizard right now." She kissed him again and rose to leave. He went to grab her.

"Draco honey, you have work to finish and I have to pack Leo a bag for tomorrow. It's going to be an early and busy morning for me."

He let her go. "What are you doing?"

"I have to be at the owl post by eight to discuss the delivery of Serpens' birthday invitations. I'm visiting my family, remember?" He nodded and she continued, "I can't take the boys with me because I have a midwitch's appointment right after at nine. So, I'll have to get the boys feed, dressed and dropped off with your mother at the Manor before seven thirty."

He gave her a flirtatious smile and raised and lowered his eyebrows cheekily. "You're seeing your midwitch tomorrow?" He licked his lips. "That's nice. You'll let me how everything checks out?"

"Yes, I will," she answered matter-of-factly.

"Right then. I can't wait to hear," he said in a silky seductive tone.

"I'm sure that information will be the highlight of your day."

He stood up and collected her into his arm. "You're bloody damn right it will be!"

She kissed him on the nose and patted his bottom. "Well, be a good wizard and let me go. It's sounding like I'll be needing to rest up for tomorrow."

He kissed her quickly and released her. "Ginny, I'll drop the boys by the Manor tomorrow morning on the way to the office. I'll floo Mother tonight also. I'm sure she won't mind feeding the boys breakfast. Serpens is a dragon all day if you wake him before seven. You deal with Leo and I'll handle the others?"

"That would be wonderful. Thank you."

-----*****-----

Cam ran past Thuban as soon as he exited the floo in the Manor's family parlor.

"Daddy said to wait," Thuban yelled at his brother.

Cam stuck out his tongue and continued to the dinning room and, hopefully, his grandmother. He turned on the tears when he heard Narcissa's voice.

"Grandmother. Oh Grandmother. Daddy..." The little wizard sobbed. "Daddy is being mean to me." He jumped into Narcissa's opened arms as she came to the dining room doorway. "Make Daddy be nice," he cried.

"Hush, my darling. Grandmother's here now. Tell me, what is the matter?" She rubbed the boy's back, turned and started back for her seat carrying the little wizard.

Lucius looked up from his paper at the pair and shook his head at his wife. "Narcissa, stop coddling the boy. It's obvious what his problem is. He misbehaved and his father punished him."

"He spanked me for no reason," Cam managed to stammer while crying.

"You spoke ill of our mother!" Thuban declared as he entered the dining room.

"I did not. Mummy is only common. She's not as good as…" Cam stopped when Draco entered the room, the baby in his arms and Serpens holding onto his leg.

"Cygnus!" Narcissa scolded. "How dare you speak of your mother in that manner." She sat him down in his chair. "If I hear you speak that way again, I will take my own wand to your bottom."

Draco smiled at his mother as he placed Leo in the cradle along the wall behind her chair. His mother's comment not only surprised him but let him know she would be a great help when it came to talking to his Aunt Bella.

"I'm sorry," Cam muttered.

"Speak up, young man," Lucius bellowed.

"I'm sorry."

Once the family was seated at the table, two elves served a breakfast of eggs, bacon, sausage, fried bread and mushrooms. Lucius started his normal morning ritual.

"Cygnus, Comment faites-vous ce matin ?" Lucius asked.

"Je suis très bien, Grand-père. Et vous-même ?" Cam answered.

"Je suis très bien. Merci. Comment vous aiment vivre chez Hall noir ?" Lucius continued.

"C'est tout le juste mais je m'ennuie de toi et du grand-mère. Je suis très heureux d'être ici ce matin." Cam looked at Lucius teary eyed.

Lucius smiled at Cam. "Je suis heureux vous suis ici également. Je projette sur venir à la maison au déjeuner avec toi."

"Ce serait merveilleux."

"Serpens. Que aimez-vous pour votre anniversaire ?" Lucius turned his attention to the littlest wizard at the table.

"Je veux un vrai dragon. Il peut vivre dans votre forêt. La maman ne le laissera pas vivre à notre maison." The little boy looked hopefully at his Grandfather.

"I'll not have a dragon at my home either. Serpens, darling, Grandmother has a number of toy catalogues in her parlor. We will look at them today and find a fitting present for a wizard's third birthday," Narcissa said to the little boy's dismay.

Lucius looked at his eldest grandson. "Thuban, Comment vos études viennent-elles le long ?"

"Bon. Professeur par maman Milkens viendra au manoir cet après-midi. Il m'enseigne des mesures, ce qui est utile pour la fabrication de breuvage magique."

"Aimez-vous m'accompagner au bureau ce matin ?" Lucius inquired.

"Oui, Le papa peut j'aller ?" Thuban answered and then looked at Draco.

"Vous voulez que nos associés français le rencontrent ?" Draco asked his father. Lucius nodded his head. Draco turned to Thuban. "Oui, vous pouvez aller."

"Je vais aussi, Papa !" Serpens asked.

"Je veux aller au bureau également," Cam added.

"Lucius, you promised to only take Thuban to the office this morning. If you wish to impress your French partners with your grandchildren's language abilities, bring them to the Manor for lunch," Narcissa interjected.

"Only Thuban will be accompanying me to the office. Cam and Serpens, I will take you another time," Lucius said.

-----*****-----

Ginny lay on the exam table, while her midwitch ran her wand over Ginny's body. The woman looked a little puzzled and had Ginny sit up.

"What is it, Sara?" Ginny asked.

"I'm sure it's nothing, Ginny. It's likely because of the all stress you've been under. But your magical abilities aren't at their normal levels. They're about ten percent low." Sara wrote on a scroll and handed it to her. "I want you to visit this Healer Monday afternoon. I'm sure she'll be able to set you right."

Sara noticed Ginny's worried look. "It's nothing to worry about, Ginny. Merlin, you've been through a great deal in the last three weeks. I'm amazed you don't have more problems." Sara patted Ginny's leg. "You're healthy enough to resume normal relations. It's a great stress reliever too, so get your husband on task as quickly as possible."

Both women laughed. Ginny removed one of the birth control rings she had purchased on her holiday from her bag.

"Sara, I got…"

"Good Merlin. A birth control ring. You lucky witch. Where did you get it? I've been requesting the Ministry to allow then into England for years."

"So, they work?"

"Better than anything else," Sara stated.

------******------

Thuban walked out of Lucius' office, wearing a robe suitable for business. He opened the filing cabinet, looked for the proper spot for the file and placed it away. He opened a different cabinet and looked into it. He closed the cabinet and knocked on Draco's office door.

"Come on," Draco said. Thuban opened the door and walked slowly to his father's desk.

"Daddy, do you have the Potions Stupefacenti file?"

"No, mate. I believe Mr. Burke has it."

Thuban eyed the large number of files in his father's outbox. "I'll check with Mr. Burke then. His office is one floor down, right?"

"Do you need me to show you?"

"No, Daddy. I can find him. Would you like me to take those to Mandy?" Thuban pointed to Draco's outbox.

"That would be very helpful, son."

Draco placed the files in his son's arms and magically opened the door for the boy. Thuban placed the files on the secretary's desk. "Mandy, I have to go to Mr. Burke's office for the Potions Stupefacenti file. When I get back, I'll help you file those."

"Thank you, Thuban," Mandy said. "I'll let your grandfather know where you've gone."

The little wizard skipped merrily to the lifts. He noticed his father watching him as he waited for the doors to open and he waved before entering.

"He is very helpful. I have to remind myself that he is only going to be six years old," Mandy told Draco.

"You have done I outstanding job raising him, Draco," Lucius said from his office doorway.

"Thank you, Father. But I believe Thuban has been raising me."

------******------

Ginny couldn't believe she was standing in front of a naughty Muggle shop. She already had a wonderful sex life with her husband, but the ancient book she was reading "Making Your Arranged Marriage Work For You: A Witch's Guide" talked about the importance of her keeping it that way. Sexy undergarments and nightwear were essential to accomplish this. There was a lingerie shop in Diagon Alley and one in Hogsmeade also, but she didn't want to chance being seen by one of the many nosey old society bats. Or worse, being seen by a Quibbler reporter. She could just see the headlines of that story complete with pictures.

She looked at her watch. It was ten thirty. She only had an hour before her lunch with Lavender. Her mind went back to the book as she walked inside. What did it say again? Yes, she needed two or three sexy see through teddies, two or three long thin nightgowns and most of her bras and knickers needed to be matching sets. She was to keep some of her old granny knickers and bras for that time of the month. She laughed to herself. In her almost 7 years of marriage, that time of the month, hadn't come very often because of pregnancies and nursing.

Nursing! Oh Merlin, she hadn't thought about that. She couldn't wear sexy bras and be nursing. She needed nursing bras for that. She turned to walk out of the shop when a young salesgirl stopped her. "I'm sure we have something for you, please let me help."

Ginny sighed, "I don't believe so. I just had a baby and I'm nursing and…"

The salesgirl pulled on her arm. "I know just what you need." She took Ginny to the back of the shop. "Here are our nursing bra's, not as lacy as our others but still very sexy." Ginny looked at the racks. The bras on the third rack were gorgeous and more seductively charming than the non-nursing bra at the entrance of the shop. She walked over to the rack.

The salesgirl cleared her throat. "Those are our finest garments. Please don't tou…" The girl stopped mid-sentence, noticing the fire power on Ginny's ring finger for the first time. Ginny was sure the salesgirl was about to tell her not to touch the fancy garments, when her engagement ring, a five-karat emerald nestled between three-karat white diamonds, caught the salesgirl's eye. The girl continued to stare at Ginny's finger where the lavish engagement ring was accompanied by her wedding band of alternating quarter-karat diamonds and emeralds topped off with Ginny's five-year anniversary band of five brilliant half-karat white diamonds. When the salesgirl's eyes went to Ginny's right hand, she presented her hand to the girl, showing off her mother's ring.

"My husband wanted my mother's ring to contain one karat heart-shaped diamonds for each of our sons. But I like the smaller heart-shaped birthstones so much more. What do you think?" Ginny asked.

"It's beautiful," stammered the salesgirl.

"What were you going to say about these garments?" Ginny said with an air of aristocratic snobbery that would have made Narcissa very proud.

"Yes, those garments are made from the finest materials. You can't find anything better in all of England."

Ginny looked at the price tag quickly and acted like the cost was no problem. "I'll take a green, a chocolate and a tomato red set. I'd like to look at evening wear also," Ginny ordered, waving her hand at the girl.

"Yes, ma'am." The salesgirl walked her over to another part of the shop.

Ginny left the shop with fewer items than she needed according to the book. She couldn't believe that it cost her five hundred pounds for three bras, three knickers, one teddy and a nightgown. She was angry with Draco as she left the shop. Damn, him and his hundred galleons a week limits on her withdrawals from the bank. But as she entered the Leaky Caldron her anger had gone. His limits really weren't bad. She had a thousand galleons a week limit at every shop and restaurant in both Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade. Normally she would withdraw the hundred galleons only once a month to have pocket money, just because she felt silly putting two or three sickles on an account.

-----*****-----

Mihailov's head floated in Lucius' office fireplace. "I vanted to make sure you vanted to go ahead with your plans for the young men, Mr. Malfoy. Your son has canceled his."

"Yes, Mihailov. Go forward with our plans," Lucius stated. "What have you learned about the Mudblood?"

"She has stopped all investigations, Mr. Malfoy."

"Good very good. Now, for your other assignment, as soon as Ginevra establishes a new schedule I will inform you. We will have to find the right wizard too…" A knock on the office door had Lucius stop his conversion and dismiss Mihailov.

"Come on."

Thuban skipped into the room with a file in his hand. "Here's the file you needed, Grandfather."

"Thank you, Thuban."

"It's eleven fifteen, Grandfather. Will you be taking me back to the Manor or Daddy?"

"I will take you. Go inform your father we are leaving."

"Is something wrong, Grandfather? You seem rushed," the little wizard questioned.

"Nothing is wrong, Thuban. I merely need to complete a couple things before leaving."

Thuban turned and went to his father's office with a worried expression on his face. Once inside he walked over to Draco's chair, which was unusual behavior. Thuban always conducted himself in a very businesslike fashion at the office and stood in front of his father's desk or sat in a chair once invited to.

When Draco noticed the boy, he scooted his chair back from his desk. Thuban climbed up onto his father's lap and held him tightly. Draco returned the hug but was puzzled at the boy's behavior.

"I heard something I shouldn't have. And I wished I hadn't," he whispered into his father's robe.

"What did you hear, Thuban?"

"Grandfather was talking to someone. He was talking about Mummy." The little boy cried lightly into Draco's robe. "He wouldn't have someone hurt Mummy would he?"

"No, he wouldn't. What did he say about Mummy?"

"Something about her schedule."

"Oh" Draco smiled. "Maybe you misunderstand. Your grandfather changed his schedule today because Mummy is busy." He kissed his son's head. "I believe I'll go to the Manor for lunch also."

Draco set his son on his feet and wiped his face clear of tears. They walked out of the office side-by-side, Draco's mind racing. What in the hell was his father up to? He couldn't confront him today or Lucius would know Thuban had overheard. He didn't need to do that in any case. He had his own men, ones Lucius knew nothing about, watching and making sure Ginny was safe. What a bloody fucking mess his life had become. Now, not only did he have to worry about what the Weasleys would do, he had to worry about his father and aunt. Well, at least his mother appeared to be on his side. He smiled at the thought. His mother, oh yes, there were no one better at controlling his father than she.

-----*****-----

Ginny sat down next to Lavender at an outdoor café in Diagon Alley. Lavender looked at the shopping bag.

"Merlin forbid, Draco Malfoy's wife was shopping in a Muggle shop," Lavender teased. "What did you get, Ginny?" Lavender winked at her friend. "You went to see your midwitch today didn't you?"

Ginny giggled. "You know I did. I just picked up a couple little things, I hope Draco will enjoy."

"You have plans for tonight, Ginny?"

"No plans, merely hopes. Narcissa would like the boys to spend the night. But I don't know what Draco desires to do," Ginny said.

"I have no doubt that your boys will be spending the night at the Manor."

The waitress came by and took their orders.

"How is everything going for you, Lav?"

"Greg's an arse. He's making us go through the annulment process again. He says he wants custody of the boys. But I know he's only doing this because I started dating Adrian. Well, Adrian and I are more than dating."

"Lavender, you're not shagging him already?" Ginny was shocked.

"Come on, Ginny. I never loved Goyle. And we're more than shagging. We'll be getting married in six months. I'd marry him right now but the boys haven't met him. And they need to get used to the idea of my having another wizard in my life first."

"What does Adrian think about the boys?" Ginny asked.

"He has no problem being a step-father to them. But he wants to have a couple of his own." Lavender sipped her tea. "Ginny, I have a favor. I know you'll need to discuss it with Draco first, but I'd like you to testify at my annulment proceeding. You see, Greg is saying I was having an affair with Adrian during our marriage."

"He isn't!" Ginny said in disbelief. "He had a mistress and a number of affairs during your marriage himself."

"I know. I wish I understood what he's thinking."

Ginny patted her friend's hand. "It's likely some stupid male thing."

-----*****-----

Draco Apparated into Ginny's bedchamber and started to look around, he cursed under his breath. "Are you looking for something, Draco?" Ginny said softly from behind him.

"Yes, the blasted Owens shipment reports weren't in my briefcase. I know I left with it this morning but Mandy insisted she couldn't find them. And I can't get a pesky house elf to answer my summons."

"Is this what you are looking for, dear," she whispered fanning the air with a folder. Draco spun around quickly and was stunned by the sight in front of him. Ginny stood only three feet away wearing a Slytherin green see through teddy with silver trim. The lingerie was designed for a slightly pregnant woman or one who had recently given birth. It showed off the full breasts that pregnancy and nursing gives a woman but contained a nicely concealed support area in the abdomen to give it a flat and smooth appearance.

He stood silently gaping at her. His eyes moving slowly up and down her body enjoying the view. They filled with lust as he looked. He shifted unconsciously giving his erection a little more room in his trousers.

She walked over and handed him the folder. "Do you like my new pajamas? I got them after my midwitch appointment. I was just seeing if they fit."

Draco tried to speak but could only nod. Ginny giggled and kissed him on the nose. She took two steps away from him towards the bed. She wiggled her finger at him in a come hither motion. When she noticed he was to stunned to move, she walked over and grabbed his tie, walking him to the bed.

"Are the boys still at the Manor?" he gasped as she kissed his neck.

"Yes," she whispered.

"Brilliant," he replied.

Author's Note: For those of you over 18 who want to read this sex scene. Click.

-----*****-----

Draco woke. "Shit."

"What's wrong?" Ginny rolled onto his chest.

"I need to get back to work." He tried to move but Ginny held tight.

"No, you don't. Mandy was the one who sent you home right?"

He raised his eyebrow at her. "I didn't leave the Owens file at home did I?"

Ginny giggled, "No, I had an elf go get it. I'm a bad girl."

He pulled her up and kissed her. "When are you expected to collect the boys from the Manor?"

"Your mother wishes to kept them for the evening. I told her we'd discuss it and let her know when we see her at dinner." She kissed him. "Oh, by the way we are having dinner with your parents tonight. I don't mind the older boys staying but I don't know about leaving the baby."

"I like the idea of just you, me and Leo for the night. We'll let them kept the others." Draco kissed her cheek.

"All right, I'll have an elf pack a case for the boys and we'll bring Leo home after dinner. You need some more bonding time with him."

He grabbed her bottom. "It's not bonding time with Leo I need. I'd leave him with Mother if he didn't sleep ninety percent of the time and drain you twice as fast as your pump."

He kissed her a couple of times, rolled them over, positioned himself on top of her, but then stopped. She gave him a puzzled look. He kissed her on the cheek. "Remember, Love, we need to take it easy the first couple of weeks. Plus if we start again, you'll be leaking milk all over me. I'll use my shower and be back soon."

------******------

After casting a drying charm on her hair, Ginny looked at herself in the mirror. "My lord, missus, you've never looked so fanciable," the mirror said. Ginny pointed at the small pouch above her chocolate colored satin and lace knickers. "I need to eliminate this." Ginny spun from side to side looking into the mirror.

"Merlin's beard, witch!" Draco voice was husky. When she faced him, his face was flushed with desire. "Are you trying to kill me?"

Ginny put on her brown dress and the matching robe. "Like my new knickers?"

He nodded. "Did you buy anything else today?"

"Two more sets of bras and knickers and a nightgown for tonight." She teased him by running a finger across his chin as she passed. She made sure to shake and wiggle all the right parts as she walked away.

"Why only three sets of knickers, there are seven days in a week?" he said with a lusty growl.

She bent over at the waist making sure he got a great view of her bottom while she slowly picked up her shoes. "I ran out of money. I'm only allowed a hundred galleon withdraw each week."

He jumped into her desk chair and started writing. "I'm sorry about that, Love. A quick note will correct it. I'm removing your limits on your shop accounts too." He looked at Ginny, who was smiling as she put on her shoes. "I'll put the limits back on if you start over spending."

"I won't," she giggled.

"Now, let's see. The lovely item I first saw you in, three matching sets, and a sexy nightgown for a hundred galleons?" Ginny nodded. "A bargain at twice the price. I believe we should go shopping tomorrow and finish purchasing your under and sleep attire."

He placed the note he had finished on his owl and sent it off. He helped Ginny up from the bed and pulled her close to him making sure his erection rested against her leg. "Just knowing what you have on under your dress causes this. Can you help me out?"

"Of course, honey." She rubbed her hand across the front of his slacks and up his chest; both of her arms went around his neck. She kissed him deeply and then rained kisses to his ear. Breathlessly she whispered into his ear. "Think," she said alluringly and paused for a couple of seconds before adding, "Messy nappy. Messy nappy. Messy nappy."

He laughed loudly as his member softened. "Yes, that does it. Although that wasn't the type of help I was hoping for."

She let go of him and walked away seductively.

"Messy nappy. Messy nappy," he mumbled has he left the room.

------******------

The young couple walked into the nursery in Malfoy Manor as Narcissa started to feed baby Leo. When she saw Ginny, she removed the bottle from his mouth. The infant started to cry but Narcissa rocked him in her arm as she walked over to Ginny.

"Hush, hush, little one. Your mother is here," Narcissa cooed to the babe before handing him to Ginny.

"Thank you, Narcissa." Ginny walked over to the rocking chair and nursed her son. Draco motioned to his mother and they left the room.

"You're early, Draco dear. Dinner will not be served for two more hours. Your father has taken the boys riding."

"Good, I think it will be easier if the boys don't see us," Draco stated.

"Don't see you?" Narcissa questioned.

"Yes, Mother. You see, I was hoping you wouldn't mind if Ginny and I didn't stay for dinner. I want to take her out. I had an elf pack a case for the boys. We'll collect them after afternoon tea tomorrow if that is fine with you. Ginny said you asked to keep them for the evening."

"Your father and I would enjoy watching them. But I will be needing more milk for the baby." Narcissa smiled at her son. This was the time since Thuban's birth her son had taken his wife to dinner, not counting society events and business dinners.

"We're taking Leo with us."

"Nonsense, Draco. You can't have a romantic evening with a baby around," Narcissa hissed at her son.

"Mother, it's easier than not having him. Ginny has to feed him or pump every four hours." Narcissa glared at her son. "I plan on having Tipsy watch him in my office while Ginevra and I are dining down the Alley."

Narcissa patted him on the back. "That's an excellent idea, darling."

"What's an excellent idea?" Ginny asked coming out of the nursery with a smiling baby.

"Mother is going to watch the older boys. We're going for a stroll, and then dinner out," Draco answered her.

"Yes, you and Draco can join Lucius and me for dinner some other evening next week."

"Monday would be a good. You're already watching the boys in the late afternoon," Ginny stated.

"Why is Mother watching the boys Monday?" Draco inquired.

"I have a Healer's appointment."

"Why are you seeing a Healer?" Draco said in a very concerned voice, removing the baby from her arms.

"It's nothing, Draco, Sara merely…"

"You informed me that all went well at your appointment," Draco growled.

"Draco, calm yourself," Narcissa injected.

"Calm myself, calm myself! My wife is ill and neglects to enlighten me. And you tell me to calm myself."

"Draco, hush, the boys will hear you," Ginny said as sounds of their sons drifted up the stairs.

"Are you well enough to Apparate home?" he asked Ginny.

"Didn't be preposterous, I Apparated here," she answered before Disapparating.

Draco bowed his head to Narcissa. "We will see you tomorrow, Mother."

"Draco dear, please…" she started.

"Mother stay out of this." Draco Disapparated with the baby in his arm.

------******------

Draco placed Leo in the cradle that resided in the family parlor. Ginny walked over to her husband.

"Do you intend to continue this absurd argument or," Ginny placed her arms around Draco's neck, "will you kiss me and make up?" she whispered bewitchingly, so close to him that their lips almost touched.

Draco pulled back his head, removed her arms from him and walked over to the door-frame. He leaned against it, his arms and legs crossed in front of him. "I want to know why Sara recommended you see a Healer Monday?"

She huffed at him and sat on the settee. This was not what she had planned for the evening. They should be locked in one another's arms. What in the world was his problem? He never turned down a shag. She folded her arms too and looked at him defiantly.

"Ginevra, what is the reason for your Healer's appointment?" he growled.

She rolled her eyes at him. "It's nothing, Draco. Why do you care so much?"

His growing anger showed in his face. He clinched his fists a number of times and took several deep breaths to calm himself. He walked to her and knelt in front of her. "Damn it, witch! I love you." His eyes showed his overwhelming concern.

She fell into his arms. "I'm sorry, honey. It really is nothing. The reading she took for my magic was a little lower than normal. My magic is normally back to full strength by this part of my recovery…"

"Ginny, problems with one's magic are usually a sign that something else is wrong," he said distressed.

"Sara believes its stress, honey." Ginny placed a number of small kisses on Draco's face as she started running her hands over his chest.

"Ginny, you should save…"

She cut him off with a very passionate kiss, when she broke the kiss she whispered, "My problem is stress, love. According to my midwitch, relations with my husband are very good for stress relief. So, this is medically necessary."

Draco gave his wife a sexy chuckle. "Well, if I have to. I'll do my part to improve your health."

Author's Note: For those of you over 18, who want to read this sex scene. Click.

------******------

Ginny walked down Diagon Alley in her semiformal moss-green dress. It was Draco's favorite. She hadn't wanted to wear it at first. In her opinion it showed her still flabby abdomen, but Draco insisted she looked beautiful. The necklace, earrings and bracelet she wore were designed to go with the dress. Draco walked beside her with one arm around her waist. He was dressed in a charcoal gray semi-formal robe. They looked the perfect aristocratic family as they walked towards the restaurant and theater section of Diagon Alley pushing a pram.

When they reached the cross road, they turned to the right, where the park, fancy restaurant and theaters resided. To the left were a number of nightclubs and pubs. The farther down the alley one went in that direction, the shadier the nightclubs and pubs got. Draco hugged Ginny possessively with the arm he had draped around her waist and kissed her cheek as they turned the corner. The street was not overly crowded but there were a large number of wizards. Most of them were couples but a few where families with children. Musicians stood randomly along the street playing romantic songs for the couples. The park contained a number of street performers and Ginny was surprised to see the playground packed with children. She was thinking they should bring the boys next Friday when a flash interrupted her thoughts.

"How lovely it is to see you, Mr. and Mrs. Malfoy," said Rita Skeeter.

"Ms. Skeeter." Draco bowed his head. Leo made a number of baby noises and Rita looked into the pram.

"He's beautiful. He looks like his mother. Leo, is his name correct?"

Draco grinned at Rita and removed the cooing Leo from his pram. The baby wasted no time and smiled at his father instantly. "This is our son Leo, and he does have my wife's beautiful hair color."

"May we take a photo, Mr. Malfoy?"

Draco looked at Ginny and she nodded. "Of course." They posed for a couple of photos.

"Mrs. Malfoy, of the forty eight marriages that transpired under the Pureblood Marriage Law, only three have not been annulled. Why have you decided to stay married?"

Ginny removed Leo from Draco's arms and placed him into the pram. She put her left arm around Draco's waist and smiled at him before returning her attention to Rita.

"That's a ridiculous question. I would think it was obvious why I stayed." Ginny quipped.

"Oh but, Mrs. Malfoy, for my readers it isn't. Many of them are wondering is it the power, the galleons, the children, your husband's good looks or," Rita cleared her voice, "well excuse me but your husband had quite a reputation for his ability in the bedchamber before your marriage."

Ginny gave Draco a meaningful look, "You had a reputation before our marriage?" she joked and then kissed his cheek. She looked back at Rita. "Well, as for his reputation I think the fact that we had four children in six and a half years answers that rumor, but that's not why I stayed. He is rather handsome, but that's not the reason either. The galleons and the power cause more problems than they are worth, in my opinion."

"So, you stayed for the sake of the children?" Rita's quill started to write.

"Although Draco is an excellent father to our boys and he desires to be with them everyday, the boys are only a small part of the reason I stayed. Ms. Skeeter, feel free to inform your readers that I stayed with my husband because I love him."

Rita gasped. Draco tilted his head towards Ginny and announced, "I love you too, Princess," before their lips locked in a passionate kiss. The photographer took a number of pictures.

"Well, Mrs. Malfoy. That is a surprise. So, you will be eschewing your right for divorce?" Rita said.

"I believe the Ministry was very wise to offer both the divorce and annulment opinions when they repealed the law. Draco and I are committed to each other and our marriage."

Skeeter smiled at the redheaded witch. She knew Ginny had learned well from the Malfoys how to handle reporters and she wouldn't be getting a simple 'yes' or 'no' to her question. "Mrs. Malfoy, have you spoken with your parents since the hearing?"

"Yes, I have both spoken and visited with them. We have reconciled our differences," Ginny answered.

Draco pulled lightly on his wife. "Ms. Skeeter, if you don't mind. My wife and I have a dinner engagement." He guided Ginny with the pram down the street, once away from Skeeter his whispered, "Thank you, Ginny. You don't have to say that you love me. But I'm glad you did. Thuban has taken to reading the Prophet from time to time. It will do him good to think you stayed because you love me."

Ginny made them stop. She stared into Draco eyes. "Draco Malfoy, I love you. It wasn't a lie for the press." She stood on her toes and kissed him lightly. He placed his arms around her and pulled her into him.

"Merlin, Ginny. Can it be?" he whispered into her ear.

"Yes," she whispered and then kissed his neck.

He released her. "We better stop that or we won't make it to dinner."

"We better stop then, because you will need nutrition for tonight. I think Italian is called for. Pasta is very good for ones stamina," she ordered.

------******------

The couple would have loved a stroll around the park, but with Rita there it wasn't possible. It was only a short walk to the Zabini's restaurant. Blaise's uncle had owned it for over thirty years. It had two different dinning rooms on different floors. The ground floor was a family restaurant. The first floor held a romantic dinning room.

To Draco's dismay Ginny refused to let the house elf watch Leo in his office down the street. He really should have known this. Unless there was an emergency, she never allowed the house elves to watch their children without a witch or wizard in the same building. So much for a romantic dinner, he thought as they entered the ground floor to the restaurant.

"Malfoy. Ginny." Blaise kissed Ginny on the cheek. "Merlin witch, you look gorgeous." He winked at her before taking hold of the pram and Ginny's waist. He started off towards a private dinning room. "It's great to see you, Ginny. Did you have a nice holiday at Easter Cove?"

"It was wonderful, Blaise." She smiled brightly.

Draco was still standing at the doorway, looking at his friend walk off with his wife and youngest son. If he didn't know that all of Blaise's flirting was just a ploy to get him jealous he'd have to hex the dark haired wizard. Draco finally got his feet in motion and caught up to the couple.

He tapped Blaise on the shoulder. "I hate to be a bother, mate. But I believe you're walking off with a couple of things that belong to me."

"Really? Well, there's another side." Blaise pointed to the other side of Ginny. "We can share." He smiled at his mate.

Draco removed Blaise's hand from Ginny's waist and pulled her close to him. He kissed his wife before placing her at his side and holding her possessively. "Sorry old chap, but I'm in no mood to share this one."

Blaise looked at his two friends. He noticed the change immediately. "It's about time you two! Bloody well about time. Would you listen to the Italian who knows about love? No! It takes being pulled apart before you decide to admit it." He looked at Ginny. "Well, did the damned prat say it?"

"I have no idea what you are talking about, Blaise, say what?" Ginny quipped as he opened the door to the private room.

"Those three little words, he's been whispering to you in your sleep every night since Serpens' birth."

Ginny looked up at Draco with surprise. He nodded his head at her. She lifted herself up to his lips but before kissing him she said, "I love you."

"I love you too, Gin," he replied.

"Oh Merlin!" Pansy screeched from the table. "I knew it. I knew it."

"Calm down Parkinson," Goyle stated from her side. "Before your squeals start Leo crying."

"Aunt Ginny!" Greggy Goyle pulled on Ginny's dress lightly. "Where's Thuban?"

Ginny looked around the room quickly. Pansy sat at the table next to Gary Goyle, helping him with his dinner. Greg Goyle, Millicent Bulstrode, Daphne Greengrass, Richard Vaisey, Vincent Crabbe and Miles Bletchely also sat at the table. It was no surprise that the group was here. The wizards played on Draco's Quidditch team and had a mates night out the first Friday of very month. She should have guessed that they met every Friday. Lav and Padma had told Ginny a number of times that their husbands went out every Friday. She was a little surprised to see the witches here, although Blaise and Pansy had been dating for years, as had Millicent and Richard and Daphne and Miles.

Ginny's mind started to wander as she looked at the group. Many people thought it was strange that none of the Slytherin pureblooded witches had been claimed as wives under the newly repealed law. Ginny had learned the reason why from a strange source, Narcissa Malfoy. They had been at a small social tea when the topic of Blaise and Pansy's extended dating came up. "Well, the problem is," Narcissa had stated, "witches today give into their own pleasure. There are only two reasons that Slytherin wizards marry, for the comfort a wife brings in the bedchamber and to produce an heir. Merlin knows if I would have let Lucius have his way before we married, I would have been twenty-four not eighteen when he proposed."

"Aunt Ginny!" came the sweet voice of Greggy Goyle again. Ginny knelt in front of the little wizard.

"I'm sorry, Greggy. Thuban is at the Manor with his grandparents."

"Oh, Uncle Vin's boys are with their mummy tonight." Gregg kicked at the ground sadly.

Ginny smiled at the boy. "Maybe, you can come over and visit Monday morning?"

He shook his head sadly. "We have to go to Grandmother's Monday." But he smiled when he got an idea. "We're going over to Malfoy Manor for tea in the afternoon. Could you bring Thuban over?"

She hugged the little wizard. "It's already planned for the boys to be at the Manor Monday afternoon."

As Greggy ran back to his brother, Ginny noticed that Blaise was no longer in the room. Draco guided her to the table and they sat down just as Gary shouted with joy at his brother's news.

"What are you so excited about?" Greg asked his youngest son.

"I get to play with Serpens Monday. He's going to be at his grandmother's," the boy shouted.

"Oh," Greg smiled at the boy's excitement. "Isn't that nice. It's been a couple of weeks since you've played."

"The boys are used to playing two or three times week. We'll have to make some arrangements once things are settled," Ginny said calmly to Greg.

"So Ginny, are you going to join us in the air again this season?" Richard asked.

"No, she's still recovering. She may be able to sub for us by end of season," Draco answered before Ginny could speak. "She hasn't practiced in ten months. It will take her some time to get her skills up to par once she does recover."

"She looks healthy to me, Malfoy," Miles added. "Hell, I bet she flies better than 90% of the blokes you'll see Tuesday. And by May she'll be back to her old self."

"I said no," Draco growled.

"She's the best Chaser in the league. We wouldn't have won last year without her," Crabbe said.

"She covers your arse, Malfoy. When you can't catch the snitch, she gets the goals we need," Gregg added.

The Slytherin witches giggled and Pansy put Goyle's sons in a corner of the room to play. She cast a spell by the children. "They can't hear now, Daphne."

"Her arse is the problem, not her flying," Daphne said through her giggles. "As soon as she's off her broom, Draco runs behind her."

Miles hugged his girlfriend. "Good point, babe."

"Guilty, I don't like other wizards checking out my wife's gorgeous assets. But she still needs to recover from Leo's birth. Right, Gin?" Draco looked at his wife.

Ginny wasn't going to argue with Draco about this. She had recovered well enough to play Quidditch, but it would be easier to just show up for the trials.

"I need to get back into shape first," she answered.

Blaise walked back into the room and over to Draco. "They have a table ready for Ginny and you upstairs. Pansy and I will keep an eye on Leo."

------******------

Draco didn't know how he would ever repay Blaise for this. He couldn't ask for a better romantic setting. They were sat in a private corner of the restaurant. The dim candlelight from the wall and table was prefect. The violin seemed to whisper its beautiful songs to them. The waiter's timing was outstanding, never coming when Draco had decided to steal a kiss from the gorgeous witch sitting next to him.

"Merlin, how I love you, witch," Draco whispered in her ear. "What a stupid wizard I've been. I could have had this years ago. But my dumb pride and dim-witted fear kept me from truly displaying my love for you. Forgive me, let me show you now."

He kissed her lightly on the lips.

"I'm sorry too, Draco. It feels good just being here with you," Ginny said.

"I can't agree more. We need to do this once a week."

"In the winter maybe, but not during Quidditch season. We have to spend some time with the boys."

"I think you're right. I can't be out every Saturday night for social engagements, Wednesday nights and Sunday afternoons for Quidditch, and also have a complete evening for just you and me." He ate a little of his salad and then turned to her. "I've got it, Ginny. Once a month, we'll go out to dinner, theater, dancing or something. But once a week we'll go over to my parents have dinner, put the boys to bed at the Manor, and then go do something, just you and me."

"What's made you want to do this? You haven't taken me out to dinner in ages."

"That was a major mistake. I could spend the rest of my life looking into your eyes. My heart beats with excitement merely holding your hand. I want to know everything about you, Ginny. I want you to feel my love every time I touch you. I want to you to understand that I love you for who you are, not what you are."

She looked at him, baffled by his last statement.

"I love you because you're the fiercest witch with a wicked wand, who won't be pushed around. You can play and talk Quidditch equal to any wizard and you look ruddy well gorgeous in dress robes or tight slacks. The fact that you're my wife and the mother of my children is a bonus." He suckled her neck. "And the fact that you're a brilliant shag is a windfall."

"Mr. Malfoy, I do believe you're trying to seduce me."

"Never, my love. I'm simply loving you."

Author's Note: For those of you over 18, who want to read the sex scene that follows. Click.

------******------

Author's Notes:

First: A special thanks to my beta reader.

Second: There are three sex scenes that accompany this chapter. They can be found at HYPERLINK "http://fanfiction.portkey.org/story/6117" What Is Love? In The Bedchamber Cookies chapters 5, 6, 7.

Third: This is the translation of the breakfast conversion:

"Cygnus, How are you doing this morning?" Lucius asked.

"I'm fine, Grandfather. And yourself?" Cam replied.

"I'm fine. Thank you. How do you like living at Black Hall?" Lucius continued.

"It's all right but I miss you and Grandmother. I'm very happy to be here this morning." Cam looked at Lucius teary eyed.

Lucius smiled at Cam. "I'm glad you are here also. I plan on coming home to luncheon with you."

"That would be wonderful."

"Serpens. What would you like for your birthday?" Lucius turned his attention to the littlest wizard at the table.

"I want a real dragon. He can live in your forest. Mummy won't let him live at our house." The little boy looked hopefully at his Grandfather.

"I'll not have dragon at my home either. Serpens darling, Grandmother has a number of toy catalogues in her parlor. We shall look at them today and find a fitting present for a wizard's third birthday," Narcissa said to the little boy's dismay.

Lucius looked at his eldest grandson. "Thuban, How are your studies coming along?"

"Good. Mummy said Professor Milkens will be coming to the Manor this afternoon. He is teaching me measurements, which is helpful for potion making."

"Would you like to accompany me to the office this morning?" Lucius inquired

"Yes, Daddy may I go?" Thuban answered and then looked at Draco.

"You want our French business partners to meet him?" Draco asked his father. Lucius nodded his head. Draco turned to Thuban. "Yes, you may go."

"Me too, Daddy," Serpens said.

"I want to go to the office too," Cam yelled.