Unofficial Portkey Archive

What Is Love? by d&gforever
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

What Is Love?

d&gforever

Dirty Rats

----------*********----------

Draco transfigured a chair in Thuban's bedchamber into an over sized rocker after twenty minutes of cradling his distraught son on the boy's bed. Thuban continued to weep into his father's chest as he lovingly tried to calm the child.

"It's going to be fine, Thuban. Hush now, your mother and I are not angry with you," he whispered to the boy.

"Grandfather's sorry. He didn't mean to hurt Mummy. Why can't we see him anymore?" the little boy asked through his tears as Ginny reentered the room with the baby in her arms.

"It's not that simple, Thuban," Draco replied.

"Yes it is. If I hurt Serpens, Cam or Leo by mistake you wouldn't toss me out, would you?"

Draco kissed the boy's forehead. "No, we wouldn't, although we would have to make sure they were safe from repeated harm."

Thuban looked up at his father. "That's why you have all the rules for us to follow when it comes to Leo. But you also have wards around his cradles and cots in case we forget. That way we can't hurt him by mistake. Why can't you do something like that so we can see Grandfather but he can't hurt Mummy by mistake again?"

Draco sighed. Thuban had a way of turning everything around. Why did he always try to explain things to this son? He should have used Lucius' standard answer, 'Because I'm your father and I say so.' However, Draco didn't want to be that type of a parent. He kissed the boy's forehead again.

"You will understand all this when you're older, Thuban. For now," he paused, then smiled, "I don't have wards sound when an adult gets too close to Leo's cradle, do I?" Thuban shook his head. "Why do you think that is so?"

"Cause adults know what to do and how to behave around babies?" Thuban replied.

"Yes," Draco smiled at the boy, "and if any adult did something that harmed Leo, I would banish them from our home because they would have done so knowing that their actions could hurt the child."

"Grandfather should have known better?"

"Yes, and he has made the same mistake repeatedly," Draco answered.

"But I still love and miss him." Thuban's tears continued to fall.

Ginny walked over and kissed the boy's cheek. "I know you do. I never want to change your love for him. It's merely that his actions are reckless at times and we need to safeguard you and your brothers." She kissed him again. "I need to feed your brother. I'll come back soon."

She went into the nursery. Nursing Leo had calmed her but Thuban's anguished cries for Lucius coupled with Draco's explanation about Bellatrix's plan ran through her mind while she was burping the babe. Her emotions ranged from heartbreak when thinking about Thuban to rage when thinking about Bellatrix's wanting to steal Cam from them. Tears of sadness and anguish flowed down her cheeks as both memories haunted her. When she placed Leo on her other breast, he felt her upset and soon was fussing. She knew she needed to calm down to get him to nurse well.

Draco wandered into the room after Thuban had cried himself to sleep. The night had already been daunting and now he needed to calm his wife. He took Leo from her arms and helped her out of the rocking chair and on to the settee in their sitting room. Handing Leo back to her, he cuddled them both into his warm and loving arms. Resting in his warmth, she relaxed and Leo nursed.

The greedy slurps of his youngest caused him to chuckle. "I have a feeling teaching this one table manners may be a problem, Gin."

"He's only noisy in the evenings," she smiled.

"Oh, so dinner will be our only problem?" He raised his brow as he grinned back at her.

"Your daddy thinks he's being funny," she said to baby. Leo stopped nursing and smiled at her.

"See," Draco puffed proudly. "Leo smiled in agreement. I am funny."

"It's gas!" she replied straight-faced.

"I see. When I make him smile it's gas and when you make him smile, it's real."

"Exactly," she puffed.

Draco took Leo from her and, holding the baby out in front of him, leaned in very close and started to coo , "Let's show Mummy something she can't deny, little mate." Draco cooed, gurgled and spoke nonsense to the baby, lightly running his fingers over Leo's chest. Soon he was rewarded with not only a large smile but noises that sounded very much like giggles.

"Oh, Merlin," she said. "A smile and a laugh, you win."

Draco kissed Ginny's check and stood up with Leo on his shoulder. "My little mate and I are going for a short walk, then I'll return."

It only took five minutes of pacing for Leo to fall asleep, just long enough to get Ginny's thoughts back to the problems in her life. How could she trust Lucius, the man who almost caused her death at the age of eleven? There was no doubt in her mind that he wanted Thuban and would do anything to get the Malfoy heir. She snorted at the thought that anything would include being nice to a Weasley if need be. She recalled her conversation with Draco and she began to ruminate over Lucius' relationship with Cam. Although Lucius' ties were strongest to the heir, the Malfoy patriarch did love all of his grandsons and would never agree to give Cam to Bellatrix. That simple fact alone convinced Ginny that Lucius would help them foil Bellatrix's plans. But did that mean she could trust him with her children? Her eyes were filling with tears when Draco returned and collected her into his arms.

"They love him. I have to let him visit them," she sobbed. "Can I trust him? I can't stand seeing Thuban in such pain."

He kissed her forehead. "My father caused his pain, there's nothing we could have done to stop it. I'm not sure if I trust him either and he could be a bad influence on the boys."

She sniffled trying to stop her tears. "Well, he must have sent the elf right away; you hadn't been home for long. And it's clear that the boys want and need to see Lucius. Serpens kept asking for him today and, no matter how hard we tried, he still thought he had caused his grandfather's absence. I don't know what to do. I truly don't feel good about Lucius being around. He isn't as scary as Bellatrix though".

"Father will be disappointed to hear that," Draco quipped. "I've got it, Ginny. How about we allow Father to attend family parties and events and mother will keep a close eye on him. You may look at things differently in a couple of days so I'll wait until Tuesday to inform him."

"That's fine," she replied with a light kiss. "Finish telling me about your crazy Aunt's plan."

"Once Aunt Bellatrix believes your powers have been transferred to Serpens, she plans on tricking you into leaving me. You know I've had other partners, correct?"

Jealousy crossed her face. "Yes." She didn't know what possessed her, the words even shocked herself, "I had others too!"

Draco sprung from the settee looking down at her with unmistakable rage in his eyes. "What do you mean? Have you been tricking me all those years? You weren't a virgin?"

"I was. I had never had a..." she shook as she talked and he looked ready to kill, "I never had sex before you."

"How far had you gone?" he asked in a calmer voice.

"Draco, I was upset thinking about your being with other women. Let's just drop it."

He shook his head. "I need to know now. I never believed the tales Longbottom, Finnigan and Thomas told about you but now…"

"Nothing more than kissing with anyone except Harry and we only touched through our clothing. But Lee…" she started to cry.

He pulled her into his chest. "You dated Lee Jordan?" She shook her head. "It's alright. I'm sorry." He kissed her forehead. "I was jealous. You don't have to tell me."

She broke away from him. "No, you wanted to hear it," she spat as she cried. "I never dated Lee but he was there the night we learned Harry had died. I thought he was being a good friend. He came to my room and cuddled me, which turned into snogging. When he started to remove my clothing, I asked him to stop but he told me to 'give in to the pleasure'."

Tears ran freely down her face and when Draco approached her trying to offer comfort, she walked away.

"Like you on our wedding night, Lee wouldn't take 'No' for an answer. Lucky for me, Fred and George came and stopped Lee before he got his boxers off."

Draco's eyes filled with tears as he walked towards her. "I'm sorry Lee did that to you. Merlin, if I'd have known, our wedding night would have been different." He kissed her cheek. "I should have stopped and spoken with you. I'm so sorry, Gin."

She walked into his embrace and after crying into his chest for a moment said, "Don't you go doing anything stupid like looking Lee up. Fred and George have handled him." She stepped back and kissed him. "Now that you know all of my dating and sexual history, fill me in on yours. Besides Pansy, Tracey Davis and most of the Slytherin and Hufflepuff girls in my year how many witches have you had sex with?"

He chuckled. "I wasn't that bad at school." He looked her in the eyes. "Are you sure you want to hear this?" She nodded. "I didn't have those types of relationships with school girls. Professional Madams sent me women when I was on holiday from Hogwarts. I only slept with one witch at Hogwarts and she proved my father right: girls are clingy and irresponsible, often forgetting to use protection."

Ginny gasped.

"I didn't get anyone pregnant. Only you." He kissed her forehead. "I did have a relationship with a girl in the states but it ended two months before my return to London."

"So numerous whores, Pansy and an American girl?"

"I've never slept with Pansy, Ginny."

"Who was it then?"

He exhaled. "Ginny, it was Lavender. She went through every Quidditch player in Slytherin. Greg was thick. He thought he was the only one and that's why he married her. Then he realized the truth."

--------********--------

Why Bellatrix insisted on having meetings in the damp dungeon was beyond Rodolphus. Maybe she liked reliving her time as a Death Eater. He handed glasses of wine to Bellatrix and Alecto Carrow before giving Amycus a glass of fire whiskey. A group of gray rats scampered across the floor and began to dine on something in the dark corner of the dungeon.

"Why, after all of these years, are you willing to come out of hiding?" Rodolphus asked. "Everyone believes you're dead. If spotted, they won't stop looking for you until you're in Azkaban."

"You know the prophecies as well as we do, Rodolphus. Draco's sons will run the wizarding world. We need to make sure they are not Muggle lovers and blood traitors. Their mother must die. We need information from you," Alecto explained.

"First get me Cygnus and then I will give you all the information you need to get the Weasley girl," Bellatrix replied.

"It is a deal," Amycus agreed.

"The children will be at the Burrow from May twenty-second through twenty-sixth. I have watched the other Weasley grandchildren. They run freely unattended through the fields. There are only wards in this area." Bellatrix pointed to a map of the Burrow grounds showing that only the house had wards. She handed them a picture of Cam. "I am only interested in Cygnus. Do not harm him or I will kill you."

"What if one of the other children gets in the way?" Amycus asked.

"Do whatever it takes short of killing them to acquire Cygnus. And kill any adults that you wish," the black haired witch cackled.

"Bellatrix, do you think that's wise? Lucius may let us get away with taking the Black heir, but he will surely hunt us down for harming any of the others," Rodolphus questioned.

"Cygnus belongs to us. Ginevra's family caused the death of our twins. She owes us the child in return. As for harming the Malfoy heir, they have harmed me by naming their child after the scum who cursed my womb."

Bellatrix sipped her wine then looked at Alecto. "Once I have Cygnus. I will give you all the information you need to locate and kill the Weasley bitch."

--------********--------

It was a beautiful late April morning, which was unseasonably warm, Ginny had decided to forgo the tent and hold Leo's naming in the garden. A small blooming apple tree from Avalon was placed on each side of the altar upon the center of which sat the Weasley naming bowl Ginny had insisted be used. While her other boys had been named using only Malfoy artifacts and traditions, Leo's would use rituals from both families. Although Narcissa had turned up her nose, Draco had no problem with Ginny's plans.

Narcissa was bothered most by the thought of using the Weasley family bowl, a vessel she assumed would be cheap and in bad taste. So she was amazed to see the large, perfectly polished copper bowl which rested on a beautifully handcrafted granite stand. The legendary magical tree of Avalon was designed into the granite. This one item was worth more than everything the Weasley's owned put together, Narcissa thought. It reminded her, as it would everyone who attended the ceremony, that the bloodlines of her grandchildren were prominent and older than almost anyone else's.

Ginny smoothed her robes in the mirror and tried to relax. It was going to be a lovely day. Demanding, but lovely. Her family and Draco's would be arriving soon to begin the family-only part of the celebration. It had made sense to invite Lucius. After all, her family had been invited to Serpens' naming even though Draco had forbidden her to let the children visit them.

Then, there was the issue of Bellatrix. She and Draco believed they had everything under control concerning the crazy witch. They had found the cursed jewelry and were pretending that Ginny was having problems with her magic. They had hoped with Lucius' testimony they would be able to have Bellatrix sent to Azkaban but a meeting with Ron and other Ministry Aurors proved this assumption wrong. They would need to collect more evidence so Bellatrix, dangerous as she was, had been invited. The Malfoys hoped that Lucius would be able to keep a close eye on his Death Eater friends at the ceremony.

A ward sounded and as Ginny hurried down the hall, the squeals of delight from her sons told her that Lucius and Narcissa had arrived. She stood at the top of the staircase watching her three little ones attacking their grandfather. The scene was total chaos and utterly heartwarming. She needed a camera. Oh well, her Pensieve memory would have to do, for no one would ever believe Lucius Malfoy could smile so brightly and laugh so joyfully. The former Death Eater had Thuban riding on his back, Cam and Serpens on his hips.

They all looked up at her as she came down the stairs. Lucius and Narcissa nodded politely. Draco handed Leo to Narcissa and came over to offer Ginny his arm. She took it and they walked over to his parents.

"Thank you, Mummy," Thuban said as he hugged Lucius.

She smiled at her eldest then addressed the older wizard. "I'm so glad you could attend. Shall we go into the front parlor?"

"I would have hated to miss my grandson's naming. Thank you, Ginevra," Lucius replied with a truly grateful smile.

"I have everything set up in here," Draco guided them to a more formal parlor, "we were planning on using the family parlor but," he eyed his sons, "a couple nosey little wizards wouldn't leave things alone."

"I was just looking, Daddy," Serpens sheepishly replied.

A ward sounded again and moments later the entire Weasley family joined them in the parlor. Only after confirming a number of times that their grandfather wasn't leaving anytime soon, did the three little Malfoy wizards leave Lucius' side. The children went to play in the corner of the room where their toys were and Leo was passed from one family member to another until he ended up in his father's arms.

Draco looked down to retrieve the baby's pacifier after feeling it fall onto the fold of his elbow, but found that it was back in Leo's mouth. He felt it fall again sometime later and heard Leo gurgle. When he looked down this time, he thought he saw it fly from the side of the blanket to the infant's mouth. Smirking, Draco removed the pacifier, placed it on top of Leo's blanket and watched. Moments later, the item floated back into the babe's mouth.

Draco puffed proudly. "Would anyone like to see my baby's magic?"

All eyes went to him as they gathered around. The children stood on the settee next to Draco in order to get a better look as Draco placed the pacifier on the blanket. As Leo cooed and the pacifier floated back into his mouth, the room filled with ohs and ahs until Cam shouted, "That's nothing. He's been blocking Serpens' Accios all week."

Ron quickly moved his wand, "Accio pacifier."

It came out of the infant's mouth but floated only a couple of inches away before returning.

"Good show, Leo!" Arthur spouted.

Lucius nodded at his old rival. "Very impressive indeed."

"Youngest magic I've ever seen," Charlie said.

Bill nodded. "Strongest too."

"It takes a very strong wizard to block an Accio," Fred started.

"And we should know," George added.

"When did Leo's name appear in the book, Lucius?" Narcissa asked.

"A few hours after his birth, Narcissa."

Draco smiled brightly at Ginny. "He takes after his mother."

Thuban rolled his eyes, tapped Gabe on the shoulder and said, "Let's go back and play. I can't believe everyone's making a big fuss over someone who still poops on himself!"

"Thuban!" Molly and Narcissa scolded in unison.

The little blond wizard looked down and muttered, "But he does!"

Draco, Lucius and Arthur cleared their throats and gave the little boy a pointed look.

"I'm sorry," Thuban finally said right before Blaise and Pansy's arrival was announced. "Uncle Blaise! Do you like my new robes? I have a silver waist coat that goes with this for my birthday party." Thuban spun around showing his godfather his new formal dress robes.

"You look smashing, mate," Blaise answered the boy before whispering to Draco, "despite having your father's ratty hair and dull eyes."

Draco smirked at his friend, "It's nice to see you too, mate. Now that you're here we can toast Leo." Draco walked over to the bar and motioned for everyone to join him. He placed a couple bottles of blood red wine on the table.

"It is a Malfoy tradition to toast each new child's naming with this special wine. The grapes are grown on the land of our ancestors, as were the trees that made the oak barrels in which the wine was aged. Ancient magical methods were used in creating its unique look, smell and taste."

As Draco turned to open the cupboard which held the wine glasses, a shocked expression crossed the Weasley twins' faces, "Malfoy, wait!" Fred yelled.

"Stop!" George added.

Their warning was too late. As the cupboard door opened the lacey crimson bra and knicker set Ginny had worn the night of the twins' birthday party went flying out and landed in Bill's hands.

"I'll take those," Draco quietly growled.

"I don't believe they're your size, Draco," Bill managed to reply in a matter of fact tone.

Charlie grinned. "Maybe not, but I think he fancies them."

"When did you do that and where did you get them?" Ginny hissed at the twins.

"We were merely helping you tidy up even though it was our birthday," George replied.

"There was clothing thrown carelessly all over your foyer," Fred added.

The room was quiet until Lucius attempted to cover his laughter with a cough.

Ron turned to the former Death Eater, "Entertaining this lot, aren't they?"

Lucius couldn't contain himself and laughed heartily. Everyone except Molly and Narcissa joined in. Both matriarchs scolded their family members and finally brought the room back under control. While Draco poured the wine, Fred whispered to him.

"Malfoy, we're not going into the formal dining room today are we?"

Draco shook his head making a mental note to have the elves check the room later that evening. His favorite boxers were missing and the last time he remembered wearing them was at the twins' party.

--------*********--------

"Everyone in wizarding England must be here," Ron whispered to Luna while sitting in the front row.

She looked around the garden. While not all of wizarding England was there, every wizard of any importance was. Most pureblood families had large naming celebrations, just not this fancy, to introduce the new child to society.

The Weasley family naming stand and basin were the focal point of the ceremony. Around it in a circle stood the Officiant in a purple robe, Narcissa, Lucius, Thuban, Cam, Serpens, Draco, Ginny holding Leo, Blaise, Fleur, Arthur and Molly.

The Officiant motioned for Ginny and Draco to come forward. Ginny stood next to him and held Leo over the copper basin.

"What name do you give to this child?"

"Leo Gideon Malfoy," Draco replied.

Molly put a tissue to her face and tried to contain her tears. Wizards took great care and pride in naming their children. It was a great show of respect to name a child after a family member. Even though Ginny had told her, Molly couldn't believe that Leo was to carry her dead brother's name. She was sure Draco or Lucius would put a stop to it; after all, Lucius' friends had killed her brother during the first war.

From her second row seat, Bellatrix cringed at hearing the child's name. She couldn't help throwing her baby sister a sinister look. Only the knowledge that she would lose any chance of making Cygnus hers stopped her from Avada Kedavraing Ginny and the baby.

The Officiant put his hand in the water and as he poured it on the babe said, "Leo Gideon Malfoy, may this water from the Fountain of Barenton cleanse your body and soul. May it purity your powers and place peace in your heart."

He motioned for Fleur and Blaise to come forward. "Mr. Blaise Zabini, do you promise to assist in the protection and education of this child and help his father guide him through childhood?"

Blaise placed his wand on the right side of the baby. "I do so pledge." A golden light emerged from the wand and encircled Leo.

"Mrs. Fleur Weasley, do you promise to assist in the nurturing and caring of this child and help his mother guide him through childhood?"

She placed her wand to the left of the baby. "I do so pledge." A golden light emerged and encircled Leo. Both lights intertwined then went out.

The Officiant took Leo from Ginny's arms and lifted him to the sky. "It is an honor to present Leo Gideon Malfoy to the heavens and earth." He handed the baby back to his mother. The family walked forward and the members of the audience formed a queue so they could be introduced to the new member of their community. After giving their blessings to the babe, the witches and wizards went and found their seats at the tables in the Ballroom.

------******------

Each of the round tables in the ballroom sat eight with exception of the head table, which sat twelve. At a table in the center of the room were Cornelius Fudge, his wife Victoria, Rufus and Erica Scrimgeour, William Rosier, Tiberius Ogden, Griselda Marchbanks and Sara Yaxley. Victoria stared at the head table, her eyes moving from Draco to Ginny and their children.

"So, which one will lead our world in twenty-five years?" Tiberius asked.

Victoria giggled. "You believe in prophecies, Tiberius? You don't believe our plans have interfered with them?"

"I believe our plans caused them to come true!" Rosier chuckled. "I believe Draco Malfoy is Ginevra's soul mate."

"Their auras say it is so," Victoria replied.

"All is as it should be. Those children will learn both the importance of purity of blood and of new blood being entwined into our world," Griselda added.

"Is that the reason you went along with us, Griselda?" Cornelius asked.

"I saw no problem with what was done. It brought peace to our world and increased the number of pure bloods. And Victoria informed me years ago that their auras showed love for one another." Griselda took a drink of her wine.

"Witches and their romantic ideas," Rufus chuckled. "I am sure that some of us believed we were helping fulfill the prophecies and some of us believed we were preventing their fulfillment when we pushed Draco into proposing."

"We didn't push him into it, darling. We merely put events in place to spark him into action," Erica interjected.

"Paying Montague to go to the pub and say those things was one of my better plans," Sara boasted.

"Yes, well. Victoria, which of their sons has the proper aura?" Rosier asked.

"We will have to wait and see. Thuban's aura is orange-yellow meaning creative, intelligent, detail oriented, perfectionist and scientific. Cygnus' is violet meaning intuitive, visionary, futuristic, idealistic, artistic and magical. Serpens' is soft blue meaning peacefulness, clarity and communication, truthful, and intuitive. Baby Leo's is gold meaning protection, wisdom, inner knowledge, spiritual mind, and intuitive thinker. All show leadership," Victoria finished.

"Thuban and Cygnus will run the family business and help Serpens and Leo run our government," Rosier said with a smirk before placing twenty galleons on the table. "Would anyone wish to place a bet?"

At the head table, Lucius looked at John Lupin. "It's uncanny," he whispered.

"He does resemble my Uncle Orion," Narcissa replied. "He is only a quarter Muggle, if he were to marry a pureblood his children would be considered pure."

"So that is why Bella…" Lucius started.

"Not now Lucius," Narcissa whispered and motioned in Thuban's direction.

"Aunt Bella likes John because he looks like a Black," Thuban stated. "John acts like one too. Just like Cam."

"How do Blacks act, Thuban?" Narcissa questioned.

"Like they are royalty and better than everyone else. They think they're smarter, prettier and more powerful, when they are really just pests," Thuban answered. "Except for you, Grandmother. You are the greatest."

She smiled at Thuban, then her husband, and whispered in Lucius' ear, "And I thought Cygnus was acting like a Malfoy when he displayed such behavior." Lucius chucked at her statement.

Bellatrix observed Lucius from her table. "Ginevra has allowed him back into their lives?"

"Only for social events, my love," Rodolphus answered.

"Still, we must not inform him of our new plans," she whispered.

"Of course not, we will finalize them Sunday night."

------*******-------

"Damn it, Lavender! Think about them for just once," Greg spat angrily at his ex-wife in a hushed tone. The two had gone out to the patio for a private talk but Ginny couldn't help but hear as she walked by the open window.

"I thought about them for years. You tied me down with a baby at eighteen! I never had freedom until now and I'm grabbing it with both hands. If you don't want them tonight I'll have my mother or yours watch them."

"That's not the point, Lavender. This is their weekend with you. I don't give a bloody fuck what you do next weekend but they want to spend time with you," Greg replied.

"They'll get over it. I've been with them all day," Lavender hissed.

"Like hell you have. You dumped them on my mother this morning. They sat with me for dinner and they've been playing with Draco's boys for the last hour."

Ginny hurried away from the window. What had happened to Lavender? She had always been a little detached from her sons but she had seemed like a loving mother. Now, she spent very little time with the boys. She had been self-centered at Hogwarts but this was something else.

Ginny sat at the table where Cam, Thuban, Serpens, Greggy and Gary were playing a Quidditch board game.

"Is there a problem, Mummy?" Thuban asked. His mother looked sad to him.

"Oh no, you boys have been behaving very well today. I was thinking of a reward," she said.

"Candy. Biscuits. Toys. Ice cream. Staying up all night," the boys offered as ideas.

She smiled at the group. "I was thinking of a sleepover. It's been…"

"Really, Mummy? May Greggy and Gary stay the night?" Cam asked excitedly.

"You or Daddy can read a story and we can make popcorn," Serpens added.

Thuban pulled on Greggy's hand. "Let's go ask your mummy."

----------**********----------

As the sun set Sunday night, Ginny cursed Lavender under her breath. What was wrong with her? For the sake of her godsons, Ginny had them spend Saturday night. She was sure that Lavender would come before Sunday dinner to retrieve her sons but dinner had come and gone and still no Lavender.

The red-haired witch watched Draco and the five little wizards play in Serpens' castle. Ami, Serpens' five foot enchanted toy dragon stood guard at the castle drawbridge as the group played.

"Ami, come," Serpens yelled and the dragon flew up to the top tower. Draco helped his son and Gary Goyle onto the back of the dragon then climbed on his own broom. They flew a couple of loops around the castle before Gary noticed Lavender.

"Mummy!" he yelled.

Serpens had his dragon land so his friend could go to his mother. Lavender collected the little boy into her arms and hugged him.

"Have you been a good boy for Aunt Ginny and Uncle Draco?"

"Yes, Mummy, I was very good. Are we going to your house, Daddy's or Grandmother's?" Gary asked.

"I need to have you and your brother to your grandmother's in an hour. It's almost your bedtime."

"Oh, I missed you. I was hoping we'd stay with you tonight," the little wizard sadly said.

Greggy and the others came over to Lavender happily greeting the witch. Given the new knowledge that Lavender had been intimate with Draco, Ginny was unable to stop herself from giving the blonde witch the same angry look she used to give Pansy.

Lavender saw the look and pushed away from Draco. "Why did you tell her?" Lavender hissed.

"She asked," he replied simply before summoning Tipsy and having the elf take the boys to the main house.

"So that's why you were looking at me strangely Saturday?" Lavender asked Ginny.

"No, it was your argument with Greg. I don't understand you, Lavender. I thought you loved your children. Now, you don't spend any time with them. They're hurting and you seem not to care. What kind of mother are you?" Ginny demanded an answer.

"A mother who decided to stop living a lie! Maybe you should try it too. Your marriage was staged and I was paid to help. Order members and the ministry wanted the marriage law. The war caused the death of too many pure bloods. They wanted more to be born. They needed you and Draco together because of the prophecy."

"Lavender, stop it. This isn't going to help anything," Draco interrupted.

"Haven't you told her, Draco?" She spun and looked at Ginny. "He married you because of the prophecy. Your boys are to be our new leaders. Professor Trelawney saw it. They sent Montague to the pub knowing that it would force Draco into action that night. I told you about it so you would think he loved you but it is all a lie. He merely wanted the boys." Lavender turned to the main house and walked off.

"Ginny." Draco walked over to her and looked her in eye. "I love you. That is not a lie."

She fell into his embrace. "I know but what prophecy is she talking about and is that why you decided to marry me?"

He sat them down on a bench and drew her head to his chest. "You know I don't believe in Divination. As for why I married you well, Lavender was right. A number of people seemed to be pushing me towards you. I did fancy you and marrying you would upset Father," he added with a smirk.

She slapped his chest playfully. "So you married me to upset you father?"

"It was a minor reason. But it's all worked out, right?" he asked with smile.

"We were lucky." She kissed him. "What prophecy was Lavender talking about?"

"I can't be sure, the only one I know is: 'She will be the seventh child and only daughter. She will be the first witch born in her family for seven generations. She will marry her soul mate and their sons will have powers like no others. They will lead our world into a thousand years of light.'" He kissed her forehead. "If members of the Order and Ministry did want us together, I would guess it was to make sure that prophecy wasn't fulfilled."

She gave him an appalled look. "Draco Malfoy, what are you implying? That you're not my soul mate? Or that my children are not magically powerful?" She giggled.

----------**********----------

Draco walked into the nursery where Ginny was trying to rock Leo to sleep.

"Walking with him works better," he said.

"Already tried that." She paused and looked at the babe. "Hush, I think I have him. A few more rocks and…" She smiled at her husband. "He's asleep."

Draco removed Leo from his mother's arms and placed him in the cot in the nursery.

"You have plans for tonight?" she asked playfully.

"Yes, I do." He took her hand leading her to their bedchamber. Once inside he handed her one of his old Quidditch jumpers. She looked into the mirror after putting it on and smiled. The jumper was one she had worn during her pregnancies with Serpens and Leo. The bottom was stretched out and she looked to be in her fourth or fifth month wearing it now.

She turned and gave her husband a cheeky smile. "Do you like this look on me?" she asked pointing to what appeared to be a pregnant belly.

"Very much!" He kissed her cheek. "I'll be happy to put another one there when you're ready." He led her out to their balcony where he picked up his broom.

She looked around. "Where's my broom?"

He smirked at her. "Don't need it, we're taking mine."

"Draco, racing brooms aren't built for two." She rolled her eyes at him.

"I want a cozy ride," he replied as he pulled her onto the broom and flew off.

As the couple rode off a gray rat scampered across the room, down the hallway and into Thuban's bedchamber where it crawled onto the little wizard's bed and bit his ear.

"Ouch!"

Thuban picked the rat up. "How did you keep getting back in here? I watched Daddy place the rat repelling charm myself. We'll have to brew up a killing potion."

The rat squealed.

"You understand do you?" The boy looked at the rat. "Well, didn't forget to tell all your friends about the potion."

Thuban dropped the rat out of his window and it ran off.

----------**********----------

The rat ran into an old shack where Alecto and Amycus Carrow sat drinking.

"What is the news?" Amycus asked the rat.

The rat chanced into the pitiful wizard, Peter Pettigrew. "I cannot go back. Draco has wards on the house. I had to bite the boy to get out. Plus the boy will be brewing a potion to kill me."

"What did you hear, Wormtail?" Alecto ordered.

"They are not going to Spain. Too worried about what Bellatrix might try. The Weasley girl's powers are intact. Draco discovered the cursed jewelry months ago. The children will be spending Monday afternoon till Tuesday morning at the Burrow. I can be of no help to you there. It is warded against me as a rat and wizard. The children and their mother will be visiting the Goyle estate on Thursday morning."

Alecto smiled at the old wizard then at her brother. "I know the underground rooms well at the Goyle estate. We will capture and kill her there."