Unofficial Portkey Archive

What Is Love? by d&gforever
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

What Is Love?

d&gforever

Author's note: A big thanks to my beta reader from me. And all my readers should thank her too. I was going to wait until Monday night to post this chapter, but she told me to post it NOW!

Maybe Mummy Is Nutters?

Rosier recovered quickly and looked at Thuban with sympathetic eyes. "Thuban, please tell us what your parents were doing before this happened," Rosier winked and smiled kindly. "Your words will help greatly. I'm sure it's not as bad as you think."

"It was my fault," the little wizard informed them, tears ran unchecked down his face. "I was being bad. I made Daddy mad." He hiccupped a couple of times then took a breath. "It was our birthday, Daddy's and mine. Daddy got me a broom. He wanted to teach me to fly. Mummy said I was too excited and wouldn't listen. He should wait. But Daddy took me outside anyway." Thuban wiped his eyes with the back of his hand and continued. "I didn't listen. I flew away from Daddy fast but he caught me. He got very mad. He took my broom. Daddy kicked the door open and hit Mummy with it. She got a black eye." Thuban removed a handkerchief from his pocket and wiped his nose. "He said he was sorry, but Mummy called him loads of bad names 'cause the door almost hit Serpens. Daddy does not kick doors anymore."

The men in the room exhaled. It was clearly an accident. A stupid mistake, but Draco was still a young man learning to control his temper. After dealing with Thuban for the short time they had, it was easy to see how the little wizard could wear one's nerves raw.

"The door hit your mother?" Marchbanks questioned. "Your father didn't mean for it to happen?"

"Yes, the door hit Mummy. Daddy didn't know she was there," Thuban confirmed.

"Is that the only time your father has hit your mother?" Marchbanks asked.

"Griselda, Mr. Malfoy didn't hit his wife, the door did. It was clearly an accident," Rosier argued.

"Clearly an accident," Ogden confirmed.

Marchbanks looked at the men, then back at Thuban. "Is that the only time your father caused harm to your mother?"

"Yes." Thuban happily answered. It was clear the men weren't upset with his daddy.

Ogden excused Thuban. Stan walked the little boy to his parents and tried to collect Ginny.

"They want to speak with you next, Mrs. Malfoy," Stan informed her touching her elbow. Ginny jerked away staring at her oldest son's tear stained face and puffy eyes. She knelt in front of him.

"Thuban, baby, what's wrong?" Ginny inquired lovingly stroking the boy's face.

"Nothing Mummy, I'm fine," Thuban declared emphatically.

"You've been crying. Tell Mummy what's happened?"

Thuban glanced at his younger brothers who were now staring at him. His eyes moved to his grandfather, his grandmother, his father and finally back to his mother. He glared at her in disbelief. "I have not been crying," Thuban lied, annoyed with Ginny. Didn't she know anything? How dare she tell everyone he had been crying? Maybe she was nutters.She had lost her sense at the very least, he thought.

"Sorry, my mistake. You must be coming down with a cold," she finished after observing her son's demeanor. Whatever caused the boy to cry was no longer a problem, but she still wanted it addressed. "I have some powdered Pepperup Potion in the nappy bag, Draco. Why don't you take Thuban and find some water to add."

"No problem, Luv. Mother will watch the children," Draco affirmed. He leaned into her placing a kiss on her cheek and whispered. "I'll found out the cause while we're alone, don't worry."

Ginny stood and followed Stan into the courtroom. Her heart raced as she entered. Some of the events of her marriage raced through her mind.

------******-------

Flashback to Sunday, May 16th, 1999

Ginny came down the stairs of the Burrow in a beautiful brown silk semi-formal gown, her eyes immediately found Draco. He was dressed in a suit-like robe, not as casual as every day or even school robes, but not as fancy as dress robes. Her brothers and father were purposefully absent from the house. Molly didn't want a scene. They'd get Ginny out of this. They just needed time. Draco offered Ginny his arm and walked her out the front door.

"I can't believe it, a Malfoy with a Muggle car," she giggled.

"It's not just a car. It's a Rolls Royce," he snobbishly stated. "It has all the latest Charms, the same as the Ministry's. How do you think my parents got me to Kings Cross?"

"Sorry, I thought we'd be Apparating."

"Normally, we will but tonight we need to talk. Dinner isn't until seven. It's an hour's drive to the Manor," he informed her. The driver held the back door open as Draco helped Ginny in. Draco sat across from her next to the small bar. He poured himself a fire whiskey and handed her a glass of Lillet, as the car started down the dirt road.

"Well, the first thing we need to talk about is nightly dinners," Ginny began. "I'm going back to Hogwarts. I still have two NEWTs to sit and graduation to attend. Unlike others in this car, I want to finish my schooling," she nastily declared.

"I finished my schooling in America last year," he stated flatly. "I assumed you had completed your NEWTs. I'll only pick you up for Saturday social events until your graduation."

"When did you go to America and when did you get back?" She had always thought he had fought alongside the other Death Eaters during the two-year war.

"After the night in the tower at Hogwarts. Professor Snape arranged a Portkey for both Mother and myself. My father joined us a month later. We returned two months before the Dark Lord's death. I don't want to talk about the past," he declared with pain apparent in his voice. He collected his thoughts and himself for a few minutes. "Let's not pretend, Ginny," he paused taking a large drink of his fire whiskey. "I may call you, Ginny? I've noticed that is what your friends and family call you." Ginny nodded and Draco continued. "We are both very intelligent people. Your family is researching ways to stop our marriage and you are deciding between the leaser of two evils." He poured himself another fire whiskey and gulped it down. "You could run away to another country never seeing your family or friends again. Or you could stay in England, still see your family and friends, but you'd have to marry me," he smirked at her. "I assure you, marrying me and staying in England will make you happiest."

She snickered at his comment. He smirked at her again. "Keep an open mind, Ginny." He paused again. "So, did you play Seeker or Chaser the last two years?"

"Chaser, I love it. We won the cup both years. I set a school record for points this year," Ginny answered excitedly.

"Outstanding, you'll join my rec team this summer. We need an excellent Chaser." He sat his glass of fire whiskey down, no longer needing the liquid courage enhancer. "Being from Ottery St. Catchpole, I assume you're a Cannons fan?" Ginny nodded. "It's a shame you're busy with your NEWTs studies. I have tickets for Saturday's Falcons versus Cannons match."

Ginny's eyes lit up with enthusiasm. She had only seen one live professional Quidditch match. She knew a standard league game wouldn't live up to the excitement of the World Cup but it would be an outstanding match. Besides, two of the three Cannons Chasers appeared to have very nice bums in the Quidditch magazines. She'd like to verify that in person. Well, if she had to go out with Malfoy, she might as well take the good along with the bad. "I'm sure I can spare time for a Quidditch match," she affirmed. "I'll have my Charms NEWT that week so I'll have to be back Saturday night or early Sunday morning. My Potions NEWT is the following week and I'll need to do a lot more studying for that."

"Potions?" Draco questioned

"Yes, I was planning on being a healer."

"You still can, once our children are attending school away from home. Many society wives volunteer as healers," he informed her.

"So, what do we do from here?" she queried. "I mean, I'm at school for another month. You said something about Saturday night social events?"

"Well, it's up to you. I'll come and visit you at school if you wish. But unless you have a very good excuse, I will pick you up from Hogwarts every Saturday at 5:30 pm. You will need to dress for either a formal ball or just a dinner. I'll let you know on Monday which it will be. I'll have you back to school before midnight. This coming Saturday we will be attending a Ball at Lestrange Manor. But if you want to go to the Quidditch Match, I'll need to pick you up at 8:00 am."

"I'll meet you outside the Great Hall at eight," she quipped. "So, what's so great about the Falcons?"

-----******------

End of Flashback

She must have stopped, because Stan touched her arm. She was only halfway to the witness stand. She started moving again but she walked slowly, thoughts of Draco's actions before their wedding running through her mind.

He was almost romantic. His owl brought her a note and a token gift every morning. He had come to Hogwarts many times to help with her Potions studies. She had only been hoping to get an "A", but with Draco's help, received an "O". He'd let them skip the boring social dinner at the Forsters that Saturday to take her to a nightclub to celebrate.

He'd shown up to her graduation with two-dozen deep burgundy roses and given her a trip to travel Europe for two weeks with a friend. By the day of her wedding she believed Draco was no longer the person he had been at Hogwarts. She might not ever love him, but she could live with him in exchange for remaining in England. She should have known it was an act.

------******-------

Flashback 7/15/99

Ginny had just said her good-byes to her parents. She was surprisingly happy about marrying Draco Malfoy that afternoon. The last two months had been very enjoyable. He could be very romantic and always was on Saturday nights. He was an outstanding snogger, too. He had the ability to stir up great lust in her. She was looking forward to their wedding night. She never dreamed she'd be one to enjoy sex without love. But she enjoyed the cuddling and snogging and was sure she would enjoy that too.

As she made her way through the crowd, Bellatrix's voice caught her attention.

"I understand, Lucius. She is intelligent and extremely talented with a wand. She'll likely provide Draco with a number of sons, but," Bellatrix laughed wickedly but softly. "I look forward to seeing your face when she produces an heir the image of Arthur Weasley."

"That will not happen," Lucius stated confidently.

"And how do you know?" Rodolphus retorted.

"Draco is taking Pervalidus Potion," Lucius answered.

Anger grew within Ginny, that potion would cause Draco's genes to dominate in reproduction. What an underhanded things to do! She thought. Her pace increased as she walked towards her husband. He stood laughing with Blaise Zabini and Greg Goyle. Ginny grabbed his arm and spun him around.

"A little impatient, Luv," he joked before focusing on her face. Once doing so, he sneered and hissed in a very low volume. "Whatever it is, not in public." He pulled her close and Apparated them away.

They landed in a beautiful room. He pushed her away. "We will never argue in public. It does not befit our social standing. Now, what's your bloody problem?" His eyes were a coal black. His face showed anger that she had never seen in it before. She was frightened, but collected her courage quickly.

"Pervalidus Potion, Draco. How dare you?" Ginny spat.

"Yes, I will be taking it. It only affects appearance," he stated flatly. "Nothing you say will change this. So, shut it!" He walked over to her and kissed her. She pulled away. "I do not wish to argue. It is our wedding night after all. I will get pleasure not quarreling." He turned and walked to the bathroom door. "I expect you to be ready to receive me after my shower."

------******-------

End of Flashback

He could be a bastard, she thought as she passed the second row of benches.

------******-------

Flashback 6/4/2000

"When will you be home?" Ginny asked, her eyes filled with tears. She lay on her left side rubbing her overly pregnant tummy.

"When my mates and I are done celebrating my twentieth birthday," Draco spat.

"Could you celebrate at the manor?" she pleaded.

"Now, wouldn't that be great fun," sarcasm dropped with every one of his words. "I have a better idea. I can celebrate with my mates in our bedchamber. And you can whine at me all day."

"Don't be ridiculous!" she spouted. "I don't whine at you." He raised an eyebrow to her. "Well, I'm nine days overdue with your heir. I've been confined to bed rest for five days," she finished. She paused to calm herself. "Draco, please celebrate here. You have our whole wing. I won't bother you. I'd just feel better," she beseeched.

"I'll feel better going out with my mates. It's all planned. I'm going to the Falcons match, then I'm going out for drinks," he affirmed. He took the two-way mirror out of his robe placing it on the table. "I'm not taking that either. I don't need you calling me every couple of minutes." Ginny rolled over on her right side to watch him leave. "Get over on your left side," he ordered. "We've come too far for you to make a mess of things now." She obeyed him, but started to cry softly. "Don't you dare send an elf crying to my mother. One day alone won't harm you. Summon an elf if you need anything." He slammed the door as he left and her sobbing filled the chamber. It was only 9 am, how was she going to pass an entire day alone in bed.

------******-------

End of Flashback

------******-------

Flashback 8/20/00

Ginny sat in a rocking chair nursing her two-month-old son in the dark, when the door opened. She Accioed a bottle and tried to quietly remove her son from her breast. Thuban cried and refused to take the bottle. "Lumos," said the male voice.

Draco removed the baby and his bottle for her arms. Thuban quickly started to feed. Draco sneered at his wife. "We are trying to get you pregnant again. Nursing reduces our chances! You have been told a number of times to stop nursing him." He placed the baby back into her arms. "If I catch you again, I will hire a nanny and ban you from the nursery," his firm tone left no room for argument. "Do not test me!"

-----******-----

End of flashback

A real bastard, why am I not asking for an annulment? she thought as she stepped into the witness stand.

-----******-----

Flashback 4/03/04

Ginny quickly walked back into her bedchamber having forgotten the twins' birthday present. As she pasted the bathroom she heard her husband's voice.

Draco was pouring a potion down the sink. He had Serpens, their youngest son, who would turn one in 16 days, on his hip. "Daddy loves you and your brothers. I wonder what you'd be like if I hadn't taken this," he said. "I wish I could see more of your mother in you." The baby giggled and smiled at Draco. "You do have her laugh. We'll see what a child who is truly half myself and half your mummy will be like now." The baby clapped his hands. "I agree. That was the right decision," Draco affirmed walking out of the bathroom.

Ginny slid into her dressing room leaving the door opened slightly. She continued to watch her husband with their son. He placed Serpens on the bed with a toy dragon and walked over to collect a clean shirt from his dresser. Their two older boys came running into the room. They climbed onto the bed, each taking one of Serpen's hands and forming a circle started to spin around and jump on the bed.

"Flying, Flying, Take us Flying!" the boys chanted.

Draco hurried over. "Stop before someone gets hurt. Merlin knows I'd never heard the end of it if one of you had a new scratch when your mummy returned."

"Miss Mummy," Cam whined. Draco cuddled the three year old into his chest.

"Me, too. Mummy's really nice to have. But she deserves her time away without worrying about taking care of little boys or me." He sat Cam back on the bed. "Now, I can't take you all flying, and your grandfather and grandmother have an event to attend today. I thought we'd go to the Muggle Zoo and see how Serpens reacts to the Muggles' version of dragons."

"Mummy wants to go there," Thuban stated.

"Well, we can't disappoint Mummy," Draco said. "We'll save the Zoo until tomorrow. But what should we do today?" Draco sat on the bed. Cam and Thuban jumped on him pulling him down onto his back.

"Pixie attack," they yelled while wrestling and tickling their father. In short time Draco had all three little wizards in his arms.

"Mischievous little pixies are no match for a wizard," Draco stated playfully. Serpens placed a very sloppy kiss on his father's cheek.

"of, ots," Serpens whispered.

"I love you a lot too, little man," he answered kissing Serpens on the nose. He kissed Cam's and Thuban's noses also. "I love you two beasts as well."

"Love you more, Daddy," they answered back.

"Now that, my little progenies, is impossible," Draco replied before carrying all three from the bedchamber.

-----******-----

End of flashback

Yes, he has his moments, she thought. That is why I've decided to give him a year. Ginny stepped into the witness stand and faced the three members of the Wizengamot.

"Mrs. Malfoy, are you fully aware of the recent marriage law changes?" Ogden inquired.

"Yes, I am. According to the new law anyone married under the old Pureblood Marriage Law has until March 14th, 2006 to file for an annulment or until March 14th, 2007 to file for a divorce. At this time, I withdraw my right to request an annulment. But I do wish to retain my right to request a divorce in the coming year, if I see fit. My husband is a loving and caring father. He has been a good husband to me, especially in the last two years. He does need to made some changes so that we both can have the marriage we deserve."

Marchbanks smiled at Ginny and whispered something to Ogden. "Very well then, Mrs. Ginevra Malfoy, you have until March 14th of 2007 to file for divorce." Ogden cleared his throat. "Mrs. Malfoy, please explain how you came about obtaining a blackened eye on June 5th, 2004?"

"It was an accident. My husband kicked the door open in anger and it struck me."

"According to your son, Thuban, it almost hit young Serpens." Marchbanks stated.

"I heard Draco coming. I had Serpens out of the way. I was casting a charm on the door, trying to make it stone to teach Draco a lesson when he kicked it. I wasn't fast enough."

"Is your husband subject to fits of rage?" Marchbanks questioned.

"No, he isn't. He used to kick walls and doors when he was angry. Now he goes for walks."

"I don't understand. Why would a little boy's not listening anger a man so?" Marchbanks inquired.

"It wasn't that Thuban didn't listen to his father. It was," she paused thinking of how to explain it. "The year Thuban turned one, Draco was given a flying harness as a birthday gift. It allowed him to harness a child age one to five to himself, making flying with the child safe. He harnessed Thuban to him after everyone had left and took him for a flight around the manor that year. It became a tradition for them, their annual birthday flight. In 2004, Draco purchased a specially designed youth broom for Thuban. He believed that Thuban would be riding his own broom around the Manor on their birthday. Draco never stopped to think Thuban would need to learn to fly first. Or that even if the boy was a quick study, he would be too excited to complete the flight."

"Many young men cause themselves aggravation by expecting too much from their very young children. Mr. Malfoy's actions were normal, Griselda. May we move on?" Rosier asked in a highly frustrated tone.

"Just one more question on this topic." Marchbanks stated to Rosier. "Mrs. Malfoy, it surprises me that your memory of this event was not presented to this governing body by your Healers. Even without modification, which is what you and your husband are claiming about your other memories, it shows your husband in a bad light."

"I never allowed my Healer to see that memory."

The Interrogators peered at each other with surprised expressions.

"Mrs. Malfoy, are you an Occlumens?" Rosier asked with only slightly contained mirth.

"Mr. Rosier, I have lived in a family of Legilimens for nearly seven years. One would have to be thick to not learn Occlumency."

Ogden couldn't contain his amusement. "Crazy like a Kneazle that one," he chuckled with delight. "And I thought the oldest boy got his cheek from his father's side."

"I believe the question of Mrs. Malfoy's sanity has been answered," Rosier stated.

Stan placed a pensieve and scroll in front of Ginny. "Mrs. Malfoy, once you have placed your memories of the dates, times and events listed in the pensieve you will be free to go."

Ginny was shocked as she read the list. She looked up at Snape questioningly. "I believe your Healers pieced together memories," he stated simply. Ginny placed her wand to her temple and started removing silver strands. After fifteen minutes, she put down her wand. Stan took the pensieve to the three members of the Wizengamot and came back to direct Ginny out of the room.

Before going with him, she addressed the court. "Your Honors, it is well past noon. My children are…"

"Mrs. Malfoy," Ogden firmly started. "You and your children's presence are no longer needed. Feel free to return to your home with your children at this time." Marchbanks whispered to Ogden. After she finished, Ogden looked up at Ginny, "This is only a temporary decision, Mrs. Malfoy." Ginny walked out of the room.

-----******------

Four wizards and three witches wearing plum-colored robes with an elaborate "W" on the left side sat at a semi-circle stone table. From left to right sat Araminta Meliflua, William Rosier, Owen Carrows, The Chief Warlock Tiberius Ogden, Bertam Aubrey, Griselda Marchbanks and Rufus Scrimgeour. In front of them were three devices that appeared to be old-fashioned movie projectors. Severus Snape removed a silver strand for a pensieve and placed it in one of the projectors. "This is a memory given to this court by Mrs. Malfoy's Healers, Healer Mankey and Healer Rogers," Snape stated before pointing his wand at the projector.

Ginny steps into a large bathroom, water is running into the tub. Narcissa is holding onto Cam, and suddenly Cam's hand is under the streaming water. The image shows only Cam's hand and the streaming water, but it gives the impression that Narcissa places the boy's hand there. We hear Narcissa's voice, "One day you boys will learn."

Thuban, standing in front of Ginny, responds, "We were only playing." Narcissa cradling a crying Cam in her arm draws her wand and places a hex on the thing in front of her. Which appears to be Thuban. Ginny comforts a crying Thuban. We hear Ginny say, "Never use a hex," the sound cuts out for a second, "my children again."

Snape removed another silver strand from a different pensieve and placed it the center projector. "The next three memories were taken this morning. The first is from four-year-old Cygnus Malfoy, the second is from Ginevra Malfoy and the last from Narcissa Malfoy." Snape pointed his wand and the middle projector started.

Thuban and Cam run into the same bathroom shown by the first projector. A house-elf starts the tub filling. It checks the water temperature before going to the boys. They are running around the room. Thuban runs by the running water, puts his hand in and splashes water at the house-elf and his brother. While running by the tub, one of the boys hits the controls. The water starts to stream.

Narcissa and Ginny appear in the doorway. "One day you boys will learn", where the only words Narcissa got out before a scream comes out of Cam. She and Ginny see the boy's hand under the streaming water. Narcissa, Ginny and Thuban hurry towards Cam but Thuban slips on the wet floor and bumps his head. Ginny scoops up a crying Thuban as Narcissa places a healing charm on Cam's hand and cradles the boy.

Thuban quickly stops crying and pulls away from his mother. He stands in front of her and stares at his brother. "Is Cam going to be all right? We were only playing," he whispers fearfully.

A loud anguished cry escapes Cam, and Narcissa is no longer able to control her anger. She draws her wand on the servant and hexes it. As the house-elf lay on the floor convulsing in pain, Narcissa hisses, "This is your fault. You are lucky it is my wand you feel not that of my husband or son. To the stables with you, we shall never lay eyes on you again." With a pop the house-elf is gone.

Ginny glares at Narcissa and whispers, "Never use a hex in front of my children again."

Snape removed the silver strand from the middle projector and placed a new one in it. This time it showed the scene starting from the part where Ginny and Narcissa entered the room. The projected images and sounds are the same as the previous one. Once the memory has played out, Snape removed it and replaced it with another, which shows the same images and sounds, again.

Snape turned to the Wizengamot. "After viewing the last three memories, I believe it's easy to see the first has been tempered with. The memories we collected today are not only alike but both the sound and images flow, while those provided by the Healers appear irregular with sounds sometimes becoming unclear."

"I agree, Professor Snape," Rufus Scrimgeour affirmed. "I hadn't noticed how ambiguous the memory given to us by the Healers was until viewing the ones removed today."

"Yes, we were led to believe that Narcissa placed Cygnus' hand under the water and that she hexed Thuban," Bertam Aubrey added. "Not only are the details consistent now, but we can clearly see how both children were injured."

"We agree then. The memories given to us by the Healers were modified." Owen Carrows interjected. The seven wizards nodded.

Tiberius Ogden peered at the Court Scribe. "It is the court's finding that no evidence was provided to prove Mrs. Ginevra Malfoy is not of sound mind. In addition, this court believes Mrs. Ginevra Malfoy to be in possession of her facilities after her testimony this morning." Ogden paused, "All complaints are dismissed."

There was some movement at the table. "We still have a very important matter to discuss." Ogden looked at the Court Scribe again. "We need to identify other cases for which Healers Rogers and Mankey provided this court with memories. We will have to rehear them. Charges will need to be filed against the Healers as well."

"Charges should be filed against Molly and Arthur Weasley as well," Araminta Meliflua declared. "They likely persuaded the Healers to make the modifications."

"They had no part in it," Marchbanks argued. "They were shocked yesterday to hear of it. The Weasleys would never be part of deceiving this governing body. "

"I had a discussion with them before testimonies where taken. Both wanted to dismiss the case if the memories were modified," Ogden added. "There will be no charges against Mr. and Mrs. Weasley at this time."

------******------

Narcissa ran into Lucius' study in a panic. "They're gone, Lucius, they're gone."

"Calm down, dearest. Calm down," he said while taking her in his arms. "Who's gone?"

"Draco, the children, Ginevra," she cried. "I Flooed Ginevra and a house-elf answered. It told me that none of the elves have seen their Master or Mistress in twelve hours." Narcissa wept louder, "I tried the Blood Tracking charm and got nothing. I Flooed Bella. She also cannot get the charm to work." She glared at her husband. "The Weasleys have taken them again."

Bellatrix stormed into the room with Rodolphus on her heels. "My wand has been yearning to battle again for years. I've always wanted to Crucio the Weasleys into madness."

"Calm yourself, my dear. This must be planned properly. We do not want to end up in Azkaban again," Rodolphus exclaimed. "Lucius, how could this happen? I checked Draco's wards myself. No one could Floo or Apparate in or out of the house accept Draco and Ginevra. The children could only leave with one of their parents. They disappeared without any of the house-elves knowledge."

"Ginevra has not signed the agreement, so the house-elves cannot lie to Bellatrix or me yet," Narcissa informed the group.

"It is puzzling," Lucius stated while rubbing chin. "I have guards watching Draco's home. They have not informed me of any problems."

-----*****------

Three very young blond boys ran out the sliding door of a small beachfront cottage. Once they were twenty meters from the cottage, gothic bells started to sound loudly. The noise stopped the two youngest boys for a moment. After being prodded by the oldest boy they started running again. Ginny walked out on the balcony of the cottage and spied the boys. She placed her hands on her hips. "Thuban Charles Malfoy, Cygnus Abraxas Malfoy and Serpens William Malfoy! Turn yourselves around and get back inside right now," Ginny raged at her children.

Upton hearing his mother call him Cygnus, Cam ran back for the cottage. He knew if he didn't obey her, he chanced getting a sore bottom. Especially seeing how his daddy was likely watching. And Grandmother wasn't around to save him. His daddy had promised to take them to the Wizarding Fair in town tomorrow. Magical rides were no fun if your bottom was sore. Serpens looked from Cam, who was running for the cottage at top speed, to Thuban who was looking at his mummy but still slowly backing away towards the ocean.

"Thuban. Stop!" Ginny firmly bellowed. His mother's new tone started Serpens' little feet moving towards the cottage. Thuban took a large step towards the ocean while his eyes were still on the balcony. "Don't make me get my wand, Thuban."

A devilish smirk appeared across the boy's face. "Get it. You can Accio or Leviosa me back."

"If I use my wand young man, it will be to warm your bottom, not to give you a joyful ride back to the cottage," Ginny growled at the boy.

It appeared that Thuban was going to growl back at his mother and precede to the ocean when his demeanor changed. He stared at the balcony with renewed fear and started to walk forward slowly. "The water's so warm here. I only wanted to walk through it," Thuban complained as his kicked the sand and made a face at the occupants of the balcony. Thuban's eyes lit with shock and he ran to the cottage. "I'm coming, I'm coming. Keep it on."

Ginny noticed her son looking behind her. She turned to see Draco replacing his belt into the last loop before buckling it. "If you used the wand occasionally, he'd listen to you," he simply said.

"I've used it. I hate doing it though. It's not as easy for me as it is for you," she snarled at him.

"I despise doing it too. But it's the only thing that makes him listen of late," Draco's tone was pain ridden. It was clear that her last words had injured him.

"I'm sorry, Draco. I know punishing the boys isn't easy for you either," she replied with a kiss to his cheek. "Did you remember to Floo your parents and inform them of our spur-of-the-moment holiday?"

"No, I didn't want them in our hair. We need to be alone."

"Oh, wonderful! When we're not home, your mother will perform the Blood Tracker charm. Then show up here with a troop of your father's old friends to fight our kidnappers."

Draco chuckled, "No, they won't. This location is Unplotable. That's why we're here."

"Draco Malfoy! Floo or Owl your mother this instant. She doesn't deserve the worry. Just don't tell her where we are. Hop to it, man."

"But, Ginny," Draco started, sounding very much like Thuban had only minutes ago.

"Draco, she's going to think the worst," she paused and concern overcame her. "Floo her now, Draco. She's likely to think my parents are behind our disappearance. Our parents will kill each other!"

"Now, Luv. Would that be so bad? Life would be easier for us with our parents out of our business. We wouldn't even have to dirty our own hands," Draco stated very matter-of-factly.

"I hope you're joking, Draco!"