Unofficial Portkey Archive

What Is Love? by d&gforever
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

What Is Love?

d&gforever

Mistakes

-------------***********----------------

Thuban stood in front of Serpens' play castle. Cam and he had been planning these changes for weeks and now was the time. His parents were gone on their marriage trip or something. The boys had returned from the manor and were expecting their maternal grandparents within the hour. He'd miss making potions with Grandfather but Grandma and Grandpa wouldn't notice the modifications to the moat. In addition, it was highly likely that his twin uncles would visit. Won't they be surprised and delighted by the alteration? With luck, his daddy will let the moat remain when he returned.

The little blond wizard stood with his mother's old school wand in hand next to the small moat. It only took a half-dozen tries at the enlargement spell for it to become five feet wide and six feet deep. Thuban was so pleased with himself he placed a few more charms, causing weeds to grow in the water.

The little boy sat down and carefully removed the large jar from his bag. This was the most vital and difficult to obtain. He had just gotten it moments earlier when Lucius made a trip to the apothecary and he had tagged along. While his Grandfather's back was turned, the boy removed the item from the shelf and put it in his sack. You couldn't call what he did stealing because he placed a bag with fifty galleons in its place.

Grindylow parts were in a number of potions and the apothecary sold them alive. Thuban carefully placed the jar in the moat; using the wand, he released the water demon. The creature crawled out of it confines and into a weed bed. The boy beamed; now no one could enter the castle when the bridge was up.

Thuban hurried to the underground passageway and quickly entered the house, leaving the wand hidden. Upon locating Lucius, he was surprised to learn that Cam and Narcissa had headed for the guesthouse. The six year old hoped his brother wouldn't draw their grandmother's attention to the moat. He cursed him for his impatience. Thuban would have to work hard to keep Lucius away from the guesthouse. The older wizard would surely notice the changes and not only force the boy to change it back but also warm his bottom with his cane. As they walked passed the game room, Thuban eyed the wizard's chessboard.

"Bet, I can beat you at wizard's chess now. Uncle Ron's been teaching me. He's the best chess player around," the little blond boy stated. He knew his grandfather would be unable to let the comment of a Weasley being the best go unchallenged.

Lucius eyed the child with great suspicion. His eldest grandson was not a fan of board games especially the ones that required calm and quiet. As he tried to read the boy, a flustered Tipsy popped into the room.

"Come quick, Master. There being an accident at the guesthouse."

Lucius seized Thuban and Apparated instantly. He placed his eldest grandson on the ground and ran to his wife. In front of her lay a drenched and still Cam. His boots and slacks torn from his body; the white skin of his legs covered with blood. Two feet away from him was the lifeless body of a pale green creature.

Thuban looked at the castle. The bridge was down. What had happened? He approached his grandparents, who were busy casting spells on his brother. Narcissa gasped in relief when Cam finally coughed up water and opened his eyes. She collected the boy into her arms and went to the guesthouse. Lucius followed closely.

"I'll Floo the Healer, dearest. He'll be fine," Lucius whispered encouragingly to his wife. He turned to the older boy, "Come Thuban, sit," he pointed to a patio chair. "I'll be back shortly."

The six year old sat for a short time. When he knew no one was watching, he walked over to the Grindylow. He wasn't there long before a strong hand captured his collar, pulled him to his feet and away from the animal.

"Have you lost your senses?" Lucius bellowed.

The words left the boy's mouth before he thought it through. "It cost me fifty galleons. I wanted to…"

Thuban had never seen such anger in his grandfather's eyes. "You put that in the moat?"

"It was Cam's idea too. He knew…" The boy shook with apprehension.

Lucius' placed his hands on the boy's shoulder. The urge to shake good judgment into the boy almost overcame him. He quickly released his hold and slammed his cane on the patio table sending glass everywhere. "Go to your room, Thuban, NOW!" he growled dangerously low.

The little wizard didn't need to be told twice. His little feet couldn't carry him fast enough, he passed his maternal grandparents without saying a word. He ran through his sitting room, into the bedroom and crawled under the covers.

----------------****************----------------

Draco snatched his wife into his arms, as soon as she came out of bathroom in her riding outfit. He placed a hand on each of her bum cheeks and pulled her close. "I can't decide," he puffed in her ear, "if I like the way your arse looks better in riding or Quidditch breeches."

"Really?" she teased before running her hands over the back of his breeches, "I prefer yours bare."

"Bare is good." He moved his hands from her bottom to her waistband and started working them down while kissing her neck. She relaxed into his touch for a short time but then jumped away refastening her pants.

"Something's wrong, we have to go home, now!" She lifted her wand and Disapparated.

Draco did a quick scan of the room before Apparating to Black Hall. An elderly house elf appeared moments after he alighted in the foyer.

"The Healer is with young Master Cygnus in the guesthouse."

"Is my wife here?" he asked as he walked to the back door.

"Mistress is in the guesthouse along with her parents and master's parents."

"What's happened?"

"Young master was attacked by a Grindylow," the elf answered, running next to Draco to keep up.

"Are my other sons all right?"

"Yes, Master. They be in their chambers. Tipsy and Nan be keeping watch of them."

The guesthouse was entirely too far away from the main house in Draco's opinion. He didn't remember when but somewhere along the way he had started to run. He turned the corner to see Lucius and Arthur. His father was in the process of using a Repairo charm on the glass patio table.

"I don't know if anyone could have kept their composure. Fred and George pulled things like this many times," Arthur stated.

"Thuban has been testing my patience lately. First the polyjuice, now putting a Grindylow in the moat," Lucius said.

"Father?" Draco approached the men.

"Cygnus is going to be fine, Draco. The Healer is finishing with him, now. First bedroom on the right," Lucius instructed.

The blond wizard hurried to his son's side, passed Narcissa and Molly without a word and knocked on the door before opening it. Ginny, Healer Wilson and Cam looked at him.

"Hello, Mr. Malfoy. I was just explaining things to your wife. Your son will be fine. He should remain in bed for the day to recover. The wounds caused by the Grindylow will cause him some pain and there will be some scarring. I'll leave a couple of potions with your mother." Healer Wilson then left the room.

"Daddy," Cam whispered. "The Grindylow was my idea too. I helped Thuban. We only thought it would scratch people. We didn't know they could be so mean. I'm lucky Grandmother was with me."

Draco kissed the boy's cheek and lifted him into his arms. "We should get you to your own bed." He told the boy as he pulled him close to his chest. They walked out of the room, Ginny's arm snaked around her husband's waist. "You and your brother need to listen to me." His voice was shaky as he held back tears and tried to remain strong in front of the child.

Ginny whispered, "We were all very lucky indeed."

---------------***************---------------

"I think it's time for lunch." Hermione walked up to a Muggle café in the heart of London with Sirius holding tightly to her hand.

"That's a brilliant idea," Charlie added as her carried Harriet into the small building.

The group sat down and ordered lunch. When the server left, Harriet whispered into her mother's ear and the two witches walked to the restroom. Returning, Harriet stopped and stared at the paintings on the wall.

"Mummy," the little girl pointed to a painting of a woman standing over a cauldron in a forest with a glass to her mouth. "That looks like Thuban's aunt." The next painting showed the woman on the ground her face covered. A third painting had the same scene except the woman was now a man. Harriet pointed to that painting, "That looks like Cassie's daddy."

Hermione stared along with her daughter at the collection of paintings. She could not believe her eyes. There were seven paintings in all, each showing Bellatrix's actions only minutes before she killed Harry Potter. The last painting showed what Hermione believed was the start of the final battle of the last wizarding war in the distance.

---------------***************---------------

Cam's legs hurt a little but he didn't want to call an elf. It would certainly alert his mother and although he loved her, he'd seen enough of her upset for one day. His father had just managed to persuade her to return to their bedchamber. The little wizard sighed when his door started to slowly open, however when he noticed the intruder was only an inch taller than himself, he beamed.

"Thuban," he whispered excitedly.

The boy ran to the bed, jumped on it and covered himself with the blankets in hopes of hiding in case his parents came in. It didn't go unnoticed to Cam that his brother had decided to lie on his belly instead of his back.

"I told them it was my idea too. And that I helped," Cam whispered.

"I know," Thuban answered moving closer to his brother and put an arm over his chest hugging him. "Are you O.K.?"

"My legs hurt a little but I'm fine." Cam placed his arm under his brother's chest hugging him in return. "Are you O.K.?"

Thuban giggled. "My bottom hurts but I'm fine. I'm really sorry, Cam. I didn't mean to hurt you. I wasn't a good brother to you today."

"The Grindylow was my idea too."

"It's not that. When I saw the look in Grandfather's eyes, I was scared and tattled on you." Thuban shook his head. "Brothers shouldn't tattle on each other. I promise not to tattle on you again."

"It's O.K., Thuban."

"Cam, my heart would break if you weren't with us anymore. I love you."

It was Cam's turn to giggle. "If you don't stop sounding like Mummy, I'll kick you out of my room."

As the two boys giggled, Draco quietly closed the door. Thuban shouldn't have been out of his own room and Cam needed his rest. However, the blond wizard decided it was best to leave the two to bond. One of the best things he had done as a father was giving his children each other. Many times Draco had wished for a sibling to share his dreams and secrets.

Ginny was turning down the bed when he entered. Nervous, she asked, "Did you check on Cam?"

"Yes, he's fine."

"Did you tuck him in? Was he asleep? How are his legs feeling?"

"He'll be asleep soon, Ginny. Don't worry."

She tried to push past her husband but he took firm hold of her. "He's fine. We'll check on him in twenty minutes. Now…," he kissed her passionately, "you need to relax and leave him alone for a time so he can get to sleep."

She pushed away again. "Let me go, Draco. I'm sorry you missed out on your shagathon tonight but my son's health comes before your sexual needs," she hissed.

He gave her a meaningful look, "Stop trying to start a fight, Ginevra. Our son, Cam is fine. You've been a little over-protective and he needs a break. Go check on Leo or Serpens if you like."

Ginny calmly kissed his cheek. "Sorry. I should check on Thuban."

"Hmm…," Draco wrapped his arm around her waist and started into the nursery with her. "Let's check on Leo, Serpens then Cam."

"I want to check on Thuban."

"Thuban is with Cam. They need some time to talk."

She swatted his chest. "Why didn't you say that in the first place?"

For the first time in their marriage, Draco looked sheepish. He'd never before felt guilty about overriding one of her decisions. It had been she who demanded Thuban be punished further, confining him to his room for the evening.

"Mmm… I…"

She kissed his cheek. "Don't try to hide things from me, Draco. I will always find out." She wrapped her arm around his waist as they entered the nursery. "You'll check on Cam and Thuban last."

---------------***************---------------

Ron and Hermione walked into the Muggle High School. It had been three and half weeks since Harriet spotted the paintings in the Muggle Café. The owner of the shop told her the artist was a student at Notting Hill & Ealing High School. Unfortunately, being summer they had to wait until Administrative personal returned from vacation. They knocked on the Headmaster's door and entered.

"Hello, Mr. Elswick. I'm Hermione Ellison and this is my partner Ron West. As I explained to you on the phone, we believe the artist of the paintings may have witnessed one of our unsolved crimes."

The gray-haired man offered both Hermione and Ron a chair and sat back down behind his desk. "Ms. Ellison, do you have proof of your employment?"

Hermione and Ron showed the man the official police identification, they had magically created.

"Mr. Elswick, this crime is almost eight years old and many of its details were in the painting," Hermione explained.

"Well, Ms. Ellison, the artist and her family can't be reached until the start of school in September. If the crime has waited eight years, a couple more weeks won't hurt. Besides, Miss Levin is only sixteen. Her artwork was of witches. It was all made up," the old man's voice dripped with indifference.

"It's what she drew in the background, sir, that we are interested in." Hermione handed the man a card. "Please call me if you hear from Miss Levin. Your school starts on the fourth of September?" The man nodded. "We will see you and Miss Levin on the fourth then. Good day, sir."

Ron and Hermione left, once on the street Ron could no longer hold his tongue.

"What a prat! He was worse than Malfoy and Snape put together."

Hermione giggled. "He reminded me of Dumbledore. He was only doing his best to protect his student. Charlie and I made sure we had all of her artwork. You and Ginny are the only others who know about it, so we can wait."

"I'm sure Ginny has told Malfoy and he could have told…"

"Don't go there, Ronald!" She turned and poked her finger into his chest. "This information will send Bellatrix to Azkaban thus freeing Cam from danger. Draco wouldn't…"

"You're right. Malfoy will keep his mouth closed."

--------------***************---------------

Molly sat a plate of eggs on the Burrow's kitchen table. Luna looked at them for a moment before becoming pale and leaving the room. Thuban turned and whispered to Serpens who then whispered to Cam.

The blue-eyed, blond haired boy looked at his uncle, "Do you want a boy or a girl?"

Arthur dropped his fork on his plate as his wife hurried the sausages to the table.

"What?" Ron stammered.

Cam rolled his eyes, "Your baby, do you want a boy or a girl?"

"Oh Ron," Molly muttered through her tears of joy, "is that why you came over this morning?"

"You…," Ron gazed at Cam, "how… I mean… Who told you?" He whispered, "I'm going to kill the bloody Ferret. Luna must have Flooed Ginny."

"Ronald," Molly scolded in a hushed tone.

"Serpens told me after Thuban told him." The boy smirked.

The eldest Malfoy boy beamed at the group. "Eggs always made Mummy sick in the morning after Daddy put a baby inside her. They make Aunt Pansy sick now too. So, do you want a boy or a girl?"

"You should hope for a blond like Aunt Luna," Serpens stated. "Red haired babies are evil." He glared at Leo who was banging his spoon on his highchair tray. "They take up lots of the mummy's time and try to steal the daddy away too."

"Leo's not evil, darling," Molly replied as she placed eggs, sausage and toast on Serpens' plate then kissed the boy's cheek.

"Keep that opinion to yourself, little brother," Thuban advised. "You're sitting at a table full of people who used to be red haired babies."

The conversation stopped as Charlie walked in the kitchen door from outside.

"Dad, I took care of that problem in the north field you spotted. I'd like to talk to you a minute about it." Charlie motioned to the front room. "You should come along too, Ron."

The three walked into the living room of the Burrow. Arthur cast a couple of spells so the Malfoy boys would not hear them. Charlie pulled a camera out of his cloak.

"All the pictures are of Cam. He had some from Ginny's trip with the boys to Diagon Alley a couple of days ago too," Charlie stated.

"Damn!" Arthur hissed. "I thought we had Lestrange's money locked up." He turned to Ron. "Why'd the hell did you let Rabastan go? He's where Bella and Rodolphus are getting the galleons to pay their spies."

"We didn't have any evidence against Rabastan. However, Lucius Malfoy has a close eye on him. His accounts have not been touched. Many Death Eaters have accounts hidden all over Europe. There is not telling how much money Rodolphus has access to," Ron replied. "We have to keep the information about Miss Levin between us. I'll talk to Hermione. We need to get the evidence from this Muggle girl soon. She'll be in great danger if Bellatrix's people find out about her."

Charlie nodded. "Cam isn't going to be safe until Bellatrix is in Azkaban or dead." He started for the front door. "Was Malfoy going to work after he dropped off the boys this morning?"

Ron grinned. "He was headed for the office. Ginny wanted the house to herself for her birthday."

"I'll go talk to him then." Charlie headed for the door. "By the way little brother, congratulations. I'm hoping for a redhead. Even if we are evil," he chuckled as he left the room.

---------------***************---------------

"Is there a problem?" Draco asked as he showed Charlie to a chair and then sat across from him in his office.

The redhead handed the blond wizard the camera and a number of photos.

"Damn it! Where is her spy?"

Charlie shook his head. "Dead, he killed himself after I caught him. He said something about not wanting Lucius to get his hands on him."

"Smart man," Draco hissed as he handed his brother-in-law a cup of tea. "One of her spies was stupid enough to get caught close to the Manor grounds last week."

"Draco, you do understand…"

"What my father does is his business. He tells me nothing and I ask no questions. I have not broken any wizarding laws." The blond wizard paced around his office. "The Wilsburg guards, I have watching my family, are unable to spot these spies. I'm sure they can protect my family from kidnapping or attacks but the photo spying is outside their ability."

"They have themselves cloaked well. A wizard has to be looking for invisible people to see them. Not a skill many wizards have," Charlie stated.

"It's a Dark Wizard or Hit Wizard skill. However having one of them close to my family is more dangerous then the spies themselves," Draco added. "I wish I knew what my aunt wants these photos for."

---------------***************---------------

Bella sat in the parlor of her prison cell with a number of photo albums in front of her. Pictures with herself, Cam and Rodolphus in them were clearly in view. Next to them was an album with photos of John Lupin and his family. The black haired witch lifted her wand and cast a spell. The photos with John Lupin had changed. Bella, Rodolphus and Cam replaced the child's family members.

Rodolphus walked into the room and smiled at his wife's work. "I see you nearly have our family photo albums complete. I too have been working." He stepped aside revealing a little boy about five years old who smiled happily at Bellatrix. She stared questioningly at the boy.

The boy's expression became confused. He pulled on Rodolphus' pant leg to get the wizard's attention. "Papa," the boy questioned, "why is Momma acting like she doesn't know me?"

The Dark Witch ran to her husband and hugged him. "You've done it!" She kissed him and looked at the boy. "There are biscuits for you in the other room." The boy ran off and she turned to Rodolphus, "What is he?"

"Poor half-blood. He's father sold him to me for a hundred galleons. No questions asked. I followed the instructions in the book. It only took two days before he believed I was his father. You may practice with him for now. I'll modify his memory and take him to a Muggle orphanage right before we get the boys. He'll be better off there then with his father."

"How are our plans in that area progressing?" Bellatrix asked.

"I told you not to send spies to photograph Cygnus," he hissed at her. "Lucius found and killed the first one and the second was stupid enough to be caught by those Muggle loving Weasleys. You have likely delayed our plans by a month."

The witch gave her husband a cold stare. "After hearing that the Malfoy heir's carelessness almost caused Cygnus his life, I had to do something."

"Accidents happen, my dear. Thuban meant his brother no harm. Cygnus isn't in danger. We must make Draco believe we are no longer after the boy." He walked his wife to the sofa, sat down and pulled her into his embrace. The little boy he had brought with him walked into the room. Rodolphus whispered, "Bella, you can use an appearance charm on him so that he looks like Cygnus. You can pretend until I get us the real thing."

---------------***************---------------

Ginny held the custom broomstick tight in her hands as she weaved around the trees on the grounds of Black Hall. She had never before had a broom that fit her so well and was so responsive to her touch. The redhead could fly at the center of a tree at top speed, come within millimeters of it, and then with the slightest touch make a sharp turn around it. She couldn't wait to use it in their next Quidditch match.

The mother of four was getting ready to perform another outstanding and extremely dangerous move when a strong hand clutched her broomstick. Draco was next to her, one hand on his broom, the other on hers and with a murderous look in his eyes.

"Bloody hell, Gin! Are you trying to kill yourself?!"

"I'm not a child, Draco! Let go of my broom!" she yelled.

"Stop acting like a child and I'll stop treating you like one. If you want to practice sudden turns at least put a cushioning charm on the trees." He forced her to land.

Once on the ground, Ginny let go of her broom and approached her husband seductively. She placed her arms around his neck and rubbed her body against his, making sure to pay special attention to his groin. The attractive redhead huffed into his ear, "I'm sorry for worrying you. I shouldn't be so careless." She started kissing his neck.

"It's not going to work," he hissed pushing her away. "I'm serious, Gin. You were flying recklessly!"

She wanted to rage back at him but when she looked at him, she saw his eyes were filled with great concern for her well-being. Ginny's face softened and she picked up her broom. "I'm sorry, Draco. It was careless of me." She smiled at him. "It's a wonderful broom. Why'd it take you so long to buy me a custom broom? Afraid I'd out-fly you?"

"Hardly, my love. I did catch you, did I not?" he smirked before placing one arm around her waist and guiding her towards the house. "The broom was Thuban's idea. I've been thinking too traditionally all these years. I thought witches wanted jewelry, not brooms. Our eldest son reminded me in the jewelry shop that we were looking for a present for his mummy, not just any witch. The shop owner was very disappointed when we left empty-handed."

The witch raised a questioning brow at her husband, "So, the broom is truly from the boys. You still owe me."

The blond wizard chuckled, "How Slytherin of you, love. What would you like? Diamonds, pearls, rubies, gold and silver or is it me you're after?"

"You know what I want, two hours of your time Monday. The primary school of Witchcraft and Wizardry is having an open house for parents…"

"Gin," he all but growled, "The boys are safer being tutored at home."

"I don't think so Draco. The school has the same wards as Hogwarts and that was the safest place during the war. In addition, Ron and Hermione will have the information from the Muggle girl soon. Bellatrix will be in Azkaban before they start school."

"They'd learn more being tutored at home," he spouted stubbornly.

"Maybe. However if they go to the Wizarding primary school they can take non-magical classes like History of Magic, Astronomy, Arithmancy, Ancient Runes, and others in their last year and be ahead of many of their classmates at Hogwarts."

"Thuban will not be attending Hogwarts so there's no benefit for him to go," Draco replied.

"Wrong, that's a good reason to send him. He won't be taught British History of Magic in France." She turned to her husband, "We don't have to decide to send them there to go to the open house. Draco please, go to the open house with me?"

---------------***************---------------

Rodolphus smiled brightly as he read the owl. "The silly Weasley girl is making this all too easy for us." He turned to Bellatrix, "She's talked Draco into allowing Cygnus to attend the Wizarding primary school once you're dead or in Azkaban."

She smiled back, "It looks like I die tonight."

"Yes, my love. We will both die trying to break you out of this ghastly place."

---------------***************---------------

The sun shone brightly on the grounds of Black Hall. Ginny knelt in her garden picking the weeds from the flowerbeds by hand. For some reason doing this work calmed her and she enjoyed it greatly. It had the added bonus of being able to watch Serpens playing on the swings and Leo mouthing his toys as he sat on his blanket. This was the life she dreamt of having as a child. She would tend the house and the children as her loving husband worked in his office. The red-haired witch wiped the sweat off her brow and smiled. Well, she never dreamt she'd be rich or married to Malfoy, that was just another bonus and wonderful surprise.

It had been a month since the Bulgarian Ministry announced the deaths of Rodolphus and Bellatrix Lestrange. The government provided ample proof of the fact. In addition, no one had been spying on her family since that time. She was sure their problems were over. Draco had agreed to send Thuban and Cam to the Wizarding primary school. He not only enjoyed the bragging rights of being the father of the two brightest little wizards in the school, he also found that his wife had more energy at the end of each school day.

The parlor clock chimed eleven. She removed her gloves and collected her children. She asked Tipsy to clean up Serpens and she walked up the stairs. Today was Hermione's birthday. They were meeting at the Leaky Caldron at noon to celebrate.

The red haired witch couldn't help but feel sad for her friend. While Ginny's life was perfect, Hermione's was not. Miss Levin, the artist of the paintings showing Bellatrix transforming into Lupin never returned to school. The witch's hopes of finding out what had truly happened to her husband appeared to be lost.

As Ginny stepped into the shower, she felt a sudden coldness spread through her body and a great feeling of loss raced through her. She screamed just before she passed out. At the Burrow two hands on the clock moved, Ginny's clock hand moved from mortal peril to home and Cam's from school to lost.

---------------***************---------------

"John, I want to play outside," Cam said as John Lupin led him down a hallway.

"Call me Cepheus, Cygnus. I want you to see one thing then we'll go on a great adventure."

The boys turned the corner and John opened the door to a black and gold cabinet. "Come on inside," he said.

Cam followed his friend and John closed the door behind them. The black haired boy turned a knob, knocked on each wall, then opened the door. Both boys left the cabinet. They were no longer in their school, but in a beautiful parlor.

"We're here!" John announced.

To Cam's horror, Bellatrix and Rodolphus walked into the room. The little blond wizard ran for the cabinet. Rodolphus raised his wand and before Cam could reach the knob, the spell hit it turning it into hundreds of pieces of woods. The little wizard cried out for his mother before collapsing to the floor.

---------------***************---------------

Molly heard the click of the clock hands while cleaning the living room. She wasn't sure what the change meant but she knew she needed to check on Ginny. The older witch Apparated into the foyer of Black Hall, she didn't have to wait for long for a house elf to welcome her.

"Sir being ordering mes to get yous. Misses fainted in the shower."

Molly ran up the stairs as fast as her stout body could go. The doors to Ginny's sitting and bedroom were open. She entered just as Draco leaned Ginny on their bed over the young witch covered with her bathrobe. He glanced at his mother-in-law, "Thank Merlin, you're here."

Ginny opened her eyes. "Cammy," she whispered. "Something has happened to Cam." She sat up quickly pulling her robe on. "We need to get to the school, Draco." She sprung from the bed and into her dressing room before he could stop her.

"Ginny, you need to see a healer," he demanded.

The witch came out of the room fully dressed and put her hair in a messy bun. "I need to make sure Cam is safe first." She lifted her wand to Disapparate.

"Wait," he called out. "Molly, do you mind watching Serpens and Leo for an hour?"

"I'd be happy to keep an eye on the boys."

He put his arm around his wife. "I'll Apparate us there."

They landed outside the schoolyard fence and hurried into the building. The headmaster was waiting at the door from them.

"Where's Cam?" Ginny asked.

Shocked appeared on the headmaster's face, "Who informed you? We are sure he's in the building. The wards write down the name of each student as they leave and his name is not on that list." The wizard walked the couple down a hallway. "He was last seen…"

"No!" Draco yelled as they turned the corner. The black and gold cabinet caught his eye instantly. He knew this item well, having spent most of his sixth year trying to fix it. The blond wizard ran to it and got inside. His heart fell when he opened the door and was still at the school.

Ginny place her hand on his chest as he learned against the cabinet. "What is it, Draco?"

"Vanishing Cabinet. The one I used in my sixth year. Bellatrix owns its mate. I couldn't get to it. They must have destroyed it once they took Cam." Draco eyed the headmaster, "John Lupin is missing too?" The wizard nodded.

She gasped but quickly pulled on her husband's arm. "Draco, the blood tracking charm, if we hurry we may still have time."

"Bring me, Thuban," Draco commanded. Before the couple was at the front door, their eldest son was brought to them. They quickly walked to the front gate and Apparated to Black Hall.

---------------***************---------------

As the sun set over the English countryside, Draco paced his study. Lucius, Arthur, all the Weasley boys, Lupin and a number of Aurors were in the room. The blood tracking charm hadn't worked nor had any other charm they'd tried. It was going to take some time to locate his aunt and the boys. A knock on the door stopped Draco's pacing. A house elf showed in Rabastan Lestrange to the surprise of everyone except Lucius and Draco.

"Draco. Lucius. I am so sorry. What makes you believe it was Bellatrix and my brother?"

"The Vanishing Cabinets were used to take the boys," Draco replied.

"The black and gold cabinet from Borins?"

"Yes, and the one from Hogwarts."

"I wondered why they took that old thing with them to Bulgaria," Rabastan added.

"The Bulgarians will not allow us into their country until tomorrow morning. Will you join us in our search then?" Draco asked.

"Of course, Draco. Cygnus belongs with you." The black haired wizard gave the man a compassionate gaze. "If you need anything, just ask me."

"Thank you," Draco replied.

A heartrend Narcissa appeared after a brief knock. "Draco, Ginevra needs you."

"Mother, I…"

"You've given us all the information we need, Draco. We can finish planning tomorrow's trip without you," Lucius advised.

"Go to your wife. She needs you," Arthur added.

Once Draco and Narcissa had left, the Weasley brothers and the Aurors turned to Lupin, Lucius and Arthur.

"Today has been trying on your wives also. We will see you gentlemen here tomorrow morning at sunrise."

---------------***************---------------

Ginny wept into Draco's chest as they lay on their bed. This had been the longest day of her life. She had no idea how she had held together until now; maybe it was Narcissa words from so many years ago. The redhead had panicked the first time Thuban choked on an item when he was only six months old. Her screams had brought her mother-in-law into the room and the older witch removed the item with a flick of her wand. The blonde witch had then turned to her daughter-in-law and flatly stated, "You have no right to panic. Your child relies on your ability to save him." Narcissa then hurried out of the room and wept. She always remained calm until the crisis was resolved and then she broke down. Ginny had quickly learned to do the same. So now, after everything that could be done to locate Cam that day had been done, she broke down in the warmth of her husband's arms.

"I'm sorry, Draco. If I hadn't talked you into sending them to school, Cam would be asleep in his bed," she sobbed softly. "Can you ever forgive me?"

He lifted her head and looked lovingly into her eyes. "There is nothing to forgive. You have done nothing wrong. I agreed to send the boys to school. I was the one that failed you and the boys. How could I have been so naive as to believe Bellatrix and Rodolphus were killed by simple prison guards?"

Ginny softly kissed his lips then whispered, "This isn't your fault either."

"We need to be strong for each other and the children, Gin. I will bring Cam back to you," his voice was firm and convincing.

"I want to go with you," she pleaded.

His kissed her. "The other boys need you here. I need you to find out how the Vanishing Cabinet from Hogwarts got into the school."

She pulled herself as close to him as she could. "Be careful. I couldn't bear losing you."

The blond wizard kissed her very passionately. When it ended, he placed his nose on hers and smirked. "I love you. You're never getting rid of me."