Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Four of Hearts by Harrys Mistress
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Four of Hearts

Harrys Mistress

This chapter was automatically imported from the story archive available on /r/HPharmony.

Please report any issues by using the Report as broken button!

A/N: Hey guys, here's another one! I'm not finished with this one yet, but I'm way ahead and have a lot written in advanced. So, the chapters will be pretty long at first, but once you are caught up, they will be shorter at times. This will be a NC-17 later in the story. I'm also going to write a long one shot soon, that will be a good fluffy and smutty NC-17, so look for that as well. I know someone had asked me to do a NC-17 and I've always wanted to write one! I've been writing romance for years so, I've written tons before, but it will be fun writing one with Harry and Hermione. Anyway, enjoy the story. It's post Hogwarts!

p.s. Also, just letting you guys know, in my stories if you see a cuss word like shit, spelled like $hit, or any other word that's messed up, ignore it. Remember I have been posting my stories on forums forever, so I had to type any word like that so it would come up. Just letting you know:-)

The sky painted black, the moon was shining brightly and most people were fast asleep snuggled in their beds for the night. Everyone, except the members of the Chudley Cannon's that is. It was well past midnight and they were celebrating their thrilling victory over the Wimbourne Wasps, which had lasted hours, until their Seeker finally caught the Snitch.

The den was buzzing while they chugged their drinks, laughing and chatting about the exciting events of the game. A silence charm was activated so too much noise was never "too much." They had muggle music blaring from the speakers, until someone turned it down. "I'd like to make a toast!"

A tall slim girl with long chocolate brown hair and brilliant hazel eyes stood up on one of the empty couch cushions. Her hair was pulled up in a messy ponytail and wore a pair of rutty jeans that hung low on her hips and a simple white T-shirt. Everyone looked up at her with shining faces...everyone but two other people. "Yo, Jordan...Kelly, you mind taking a break for five seconds?"

A guy and a girl who were busy making out, pulled a part breathlessly. "Oh...Sorry, Macey," Jordan said with a grin.

Kelly giggled. "Yeah, sorry...please go on," she said blushing.

"Thank you," Macey said. "First...to my fellow Chasers...Kelly and Jenny. The three of us make a hell of a team."

"Wahoo!" Jenny yelped as she jumped up from her seat then stumbled slightly before plopping back down.

Everyone laughed, including Macey. "Okay, no more butter beers for you. Second, to Jordan and Chaz...best Beaters in the league. Because of you two the Bludger only came near me once."

Everyone clapped and whistled while Jordan and Chaz stood up and bowed. Laughter broke out when Jordan did a curtsy. "And last but not least, our wonderful Seeker..."

"Ahem!!"

Macey stopped and looked down at a pair of angry blue eyes. "Oh...excuse me, HOW could I forget," she said as she patted the man's red hair who was sitting beside her on the couch. "Our keeper...Ronald Weasley."

"Gee...don't kill yourself with your kindness," he grumbled as he annoyingly knocked Macey's hand off his head.

"Aw...Ronnie...always so modest," she cooed.

"Just get on with it," he muttered looking away from her.

"Like I said...last but not least...our fantastic Seeker, Harry Potter!"

Harry let out a grunted laugh when Macey leapt onto his back. Everyone laughed, minus Ron, and Harry nudged her up higher on his back. "Thanks Mace, and cheers to you for scoring seventy points alone...highest scoring Chaser in the league.

"Aw shucks," she said hugging him from behind. "It's nothing." She slid off Harry's back and sat down next to Ron, who was still sulking. "Where's our favorite PR? Is she cooped up in her room?"

Harry sighed as he looked up towards the ceiling. "Yeah, probably. I'll go drag her out."

"Good luck with that," Ron said. "Lately, Hermione doesn't know the meaning of the word 'fun'."

"She just needs to know when to stop working," Harry said. "You guys continue the party, I'll go check on her." Harry walked out of the den towards the stairs which led to their rooms. He could hear the music getting loud again as he walked down the hall, passing Ron's bedroom, then his own along the way before finally getting to Hermione's at the end of the hall.

The three of them, plus Macey who's room was downstairs, lived together in the two story house that was settled on the outskirts of London. Macey was transferred to the Chudley Cannon's just two years ago and signed a four year contract. She moved from America and use to play on a Texas team, before she was transferred to Europe. She became really good friends with Hermione and Harry adored her, however Ron was annoyed by her right from the start and vice versa. They're personalities clashed and they hardly ever got along, but Harry knew deep down they both cared for each other.

Harry knocked softly on Hermione's door and slowly opened it when he didn't hear a response. He looked over at her bed and sighed as he shook his head helplessly. Rolls of parchment were scattered all over her bed and her day planner that was almost the size of Hogwarts, A History, was being used as a pillow by Hermione. She was on her stomach and she was still gripping her quill in one hand. She looked absolutely pitiful. "What am I gonna do with you, Mione," he said gently as he walked into the room. He began picking up all her notes and schedules she had made for the team and neatly put it in a stack on her dresser. He knelt on the bed and slowly tried to pull her day planner out from under her, without waking her, but as soon as her "pillow" was taken from her she jerked awake.

"Hmm...what time is it? Do I need to get up?" she asked still incoherent.

Harry chuckled as he closed her planner and tossed it on one of her chairs. "No, Mione...you fell asleep working yourself to death."

"Harry, hi," she said sleepily as she sat up and rubbed her eyes. "I must have dozed off."

"You were out like a light," he said as he sat on the edge of her bed. "You have a nice red crease along your cheek here." He lifted his hand and trailed his finger lightly over the red line.

She chuckled as she rubbed her cheek. "I'm sure I look lovely."

"You just look worn out, Mione," he whispered concerned. "Come on...I'll tuck you in."

She smiled softly. "Thanks Harry, but I have to get more work done."

"No, you don't," he said firmly as he got up and pulled her covers down. "All you need to do is sleep. Come on....you can't tell me that doesn't sound like heaven."

She sighed when he fluffed her actual pillow. "Harry, I have so much to do. Jordan and Kelly want vacation and I'm trying to reschedule appointments to get them a few days, I have to schedule a interview for you with that awful woman, Rita Skeeter...I tried to get out of it by the way, but couldn't. And Ron...he has to go on that new talk show on Wizard Broadcast...what's her name?"

"Ursilla? That cheeseball?" he asked disgusted.

"Yes," she groaned. "But, it's good publicity for you guys you know."

"What happened to the world, I mean...we play Quidditch, it's not like we're saving the world or anything."

"The start of Wizarding Broadcast changed a lot of things. It's like television but for...um magical people," she said chuckling.

"Next thing you know, they'll start a wizard soap opera," he said with a roll of her eyes.

Hermione laughed. 'You know Macey would love that, she told me she misses her soaps back in America."

Harry smiled gently. "Look Mione, I know you have a lot of stuff to do, but you have to get some sleep. You have dark circles under your eyes and I don't like seeing that. Please say you'll sleep....please? For me?"

Hermione looked at Harry's pleading pitiful face and finally gave in. "Oh, all right I'll go to bed, but only on one condition."

"What's that?" he asked as he pulled the covers over her when she crawled in. "You stay here and talk to me while I fall asleep."

He grinned. "Deal...they won't miss me downstairs anyway." He then kicked off his shoes and crawled into Hermione's bed next to her, hunkering down under the covers until he got comfortable. "Wow," he said stifling a yawn. "I didn't realize how tired I was until now."

Hermione grabbed her wand and douched the light developing them in darkness. "You're going to fall asleep here, aren't you?"

"Probably," he said yawning again. "You're bed is big enough to fit four people in here, so I don't feel bad."

Hermione smiled in the dark. She was lucky to snag the master bedroom which was twice as big and had her own bathroom. "Harry?"

"Yeah?"

"You were amazing tonight....I swear, no matter how many times I watch you, I'll never get over how good you are."

Sheets rustled when he turned over on his side to face her. "Do you realize, Mione...that you have never missed one of my games. Ever since our first year, you've been there."

She smiled, even though Harry couldn't see her. "I've never thought about that....you're right, I haven't missed a game....not one. I guess I must be your number one fan, huh?"

"Yeah...stalker," he teased and chuckled lightly when she punched him in the arm. "I'm just joking...you know how much it means to me that you've always been there for me."

"Of course I do, just like you've always been there for me. You're my best friend, Harry."

"Aww, and you're my bestest friend in the whole world," he said, talking like a little kid which caused Hermione to laugh. "You get some sleep now....I'll see you in the morning."

"Okay," she said with a smile. "Night Harry."

Harry rolled back on his other side and pulled the covers over him. "Night Mione....and try not to snore."

Hermione shoved him in the back and they both stifled giggles before silence took over and sleep eventually captured them.

"Night guys, Apparrate safely," Macey said laughing at her own joke. She couldn't very well say drive safely, like she usually did with her Muggle friends.

"Night Mace, I wuv you," Chaz slurred as he stumbled and hugged her tightly.

"Ooof," she grunted and then patted his back. "Okay, Chaz....love you too, hun."

"Come on, Chaz," Jenny chuckled as he pulled her apart from Macey. "Night, Mace....Night Ron!"

Ron, who was in the den cleaning up waved. "Night Jen, see ya later."

"Bye guys," Macey said and then closed the door behind them. "Man, it's late."

"Yeah," Ron muttered as he picked up some of empty beer bottles. "Almost three."

"Wonder what ever happened to Harry," Macey said as she helped him pick up, taking glasses to the kitchen.

"Probably fell asleep in Hermione's bed again," Ron said throwing the bottles into the trash.

"So tell me something," Macey said as she leapt up onto the counter, sitting on her hands.

"What's that?"

"Come on," she said slapping the counter next to her. "Pull up a slab of marble."

Ron eyed her as he walked over and jumped up on the counter next to her. "Why are you being so friendly?"

"Because I'm drunk," she told him and then leaned over to whisper a secret. "I'm a friendly drunk."

"Ah," he said with a slight smile. "That explains why we get along better after a few drinks," he said. "So what do you want me to tell you?"

"Why is it....that Harry and Hermione....or you and Hermione for that matter....have neveeeer....you know..."

"Dated?"

"Yeah, I mean you guys have known each other how long now?"

"Twelve years."

"That's a long time, I'm just amazed nothing has never happened between the three of you."

Ron shrugged. "Well, I think we've all thought about it at one point. I know I started to think about it around fourth year, but then during fifth year I started dating this really hot Ravenclaw and knew that what I was feeling for Hermione was just a silly little crush that died quickly. I found out that I enjoy her much better as a best friend. I think we would kill each other if we ever dated."

"Right," she agreed. "That makes sense. So what about Harry?"

"Harry...well, I'm pretty sure he thought about Hermione a lot during seventh year. He never told me, but it was obvious."

"What happened?"

"Hermione started dating a Hufflepuff," Ron stated. "Lasted for about a year, but that pretty much ended it. Harry had a serious girlfriend not too soon after, but they broke up the year before you came from Texas."

"Interesting. I'll have to ask Hermione sometime, hear her side of the story."

"Don't tell me what she says, I'm better off not knowing."

"You got it," she said and jumped off the counter. "Well, I'm off to bed."

Ron jumped down as well. "Yeah, I'm pretty tired myself. Night."

"Night Ron," she said as they made their way out of the kitchen. "Oh and Ron?"

"Yeah?" he asked fighting back a yawn.

"I was just trying to annoy you earlier," she said with a smile. "I purposely forgot to mention you."

"Yeah, kind of figured."

"I just like giving you a hard time, Ron. You actually impressed me tonight, you had a lot of great saves."

Ron blinked, surprised that she was being so nice. "Thanks, Mace, and uh...you were really good, too." He let out a laugh. "I'll admit, once I was distracted watching you do this move, that I almost got hit by a Bludger."

Macey let out a laugh. "Thanks, Ron...but don't hurt yourself on my account, I'd feel a bit guilty." She then walked passed him and ruffled his hair. "Night."

Ron playfully shoved her hand away. "Night, Macey," he said as he watched her walk through the den and over to her bedroom and closed the door behind him. "That woman....makes me crazy," he muttered to himself and then shook his head as went up to bed.