Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Four of Hearts by Harrys Mistress
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Four of Hearts

Harrys Mistress

Okay kiddos. This is the last chapter! It's just a little closure, but I also plan on writing a little epilogue, too. I've already made notes about it. But then after that it's adios Three of Hearts! Thanks for the fantastic journey, guys! I love you all!

Harrys Mistress.

Chapter 27

Harry lied on his side and watched as Hermione slept on. She looked so young and innocent while sleeping he was almost afraid to touch her. Almost. He reached up and pushed back a strand of hair away from her cheek. He loved waking up to her, he felt so relaxed and content with her in his arms. They held each other all night and it was a first for them. They didn't make love at all last night…just cuddled. It was rather nice and he knew he wanted to share more nights like that with her.

Hermione must have sensed his staring, because her eyes fluttered open and she smiled lazily. "Hey you."

"Hey yourself," he grinned. "Sleep good?"

She stretched against him and moaned softly. "Like a rock."

He gave her a soft good morning kiss. "I liked holding you last night," he murmured against her lips.

"Mmm…I kind of liked it, too."

"Yeah? So, you gonna marry me sometime or what?"

She blinked up at him in shock, but then slowly her mouth curled into a huge smile. "I might be able to pencil you in."

"Well. That's good." He playfully tugged her hair. "I want kids too."

Her heart ached with love as she gazed at Harry. "Okay," she whispered. "How many?"

He took her hand and toyed with her fingers. "Well, since I had a crappy childhood and you were an only child, I think it's only fair that we make up for that."

"Oh, do you?" she said as she managed to smile even wider.

"Oh yeah. Five is good. Maybe six."

"Six kids?" she asked with wide eyes. "Any girls included in that?"

"I'm counting on it…as long as their healthy I could have all girls and be deliriously happy."

She laughed. "Yes well, we're going to have to have one boy so he can carry on the Potter name."

His eyes softened and kissed her fingers. "Good thinking."

"Yes…I think I could definitely marry you."

He grinned. "Well…than maybe I'll ask you sometime." He gave her three short kisses and tapped her nose with this finger. "For now…let's go make the birthday breakfast for Mace."

"Okay." She sighed happily and then followed Harry out of the bed. "Harry?"

"Yeah?" he asked as they walked out of the room.

"Just when are you planning to ask me?"

"Aw, my dear Hermione…that is my little secret."

XXX

Ron smiled to himself as he placed a slice of bacon in the frying pan. He could hear Harry and Hermione coming down the stairs and he couldn't wait to give them hell. Of course, Mace made him promise that he wouldn't confront them without her. She was in her room and wasn't allowed to come out until breakfast was ready. Birthday breakfast was a tradition in Macey's family that she passed down to them. Every birthday breakfast they cooked the same thing. Eggs, bacon and coffee cake.

"Smells good, Ron," Harry said as they stepped into the kitchen.

"Thanks. Coffee's on."

"I'll start the eggs," Hermione said as she went to the fridge.

"I'll pop in the coffee cake," Harry said as he started to fiddle with the oven, then once the cake was cooking, he went to make a cup of coffee.

"You two sleep well?" Ron asked with a grin, but made sure to keep his eyes on the sizzling bacon.

"Like a rock," Harry said giving Hermione a private wink as he slipped his coffee.

Ron caught it and he cleared his throat hold back his chuckle. They cooked the rest of the breakfast in silence as Harry set the table while Hermione pulled the cake from the oven.

"Will you three hurry up!" Macey's voice yelled from her room. "It smells really good!"

"Patience Macey!" Ron asked as he lit the birthday candles.

"Bite me, Ronald!" she yelled back.

Ron just replied by rolling his eyes, but smiled anyway. She was going to be tough to handle, but he was looking forward to every minute of it. "Okay birthday girl, we're ready for you."

As soon as her bedroom door opened they began singing happy birthday as Macey shuffled her way to the kitchen. They all clapped when she blew out the candles, then everyone gave her a birthday greeting. "Happy birthday, Mace," Harry said giving her a kiss on the cheek before lifting her off the floor in a big hug.

She giggled. "Put me down, Potter, what do I look like, a Snitch?"

He just grinned as he set her down and the four of them sat down at the table. "Everything looks so good."

"I made the coffee cake," Harry said proudly.

"Yes, preheating the oven is a difficult task," Hermione teased.

"Oh hush," he said and threw a crumb at her in defense.

Ron and Macey shared a look, than Macey finally took action. "So…Ron and I came back out to the den last night and you guys were gone."

Harry and Hermione both froze and shared a nervous look. "Er…" Harry stumbled. "We were both tired and…er…headed to bed."

"You guys sleep together again?" Ron asked casually as he took a bite of his bacon.

Hermione's fork clattered on her plate and the piece of bacon that was headed towards Harry's mouth froze inches from his mouth. "I'm sorry…what?" he asked not sure if he heard him right.

Ron shrugged. "Well, you guys always share a bed these days. Honestly Harry, when was the last time you actually slept in your room?"

Harry's shoulders slumped in relief. "Oh..y-yeah, we slept together last night," he mumbled and looked over at Hermione who was staring at her plate while forking her eggs.

"Oh," Macey exclaimed a little too dramatically. "Hermione, I almost forgot." She leaned back and dug into her pocket of her sweats. "I found something of yours on the couch last nigh. You must have…misplaced it."

Hermione glanced up as she was taking a slip of her orange juice, but spit it right back out all over the table, while Macey dangled her panties in front of her. "Uhh…uhh…I must have…er…" She quickly stole a glance to see if Harry could help her out but to her amazement, Harry was struggling not to laugh. "Harry!"

He chuckled as he shook his head. "I'm sorry Hermione…but we are so busted!" And with that he howled with laughter along with Ron, while Macey continued to snicker at Hermione.

"Something you two care to share?"

Hermione sighed as she grabbed her panties from her. "Fine. Harry and I are together."

"I can't believe you guys didn't tell us," Ron said.

"It just happened," Harry said who was wiping a tear away from his cheek. He never laughed so hard in his life. "It happened during the trip."

"You're not mad at us for sneaking around, are you?" Hermione asked worried.

"That depends," Macey said after sharing a glance with Ron. "We won't be mad at you, if you guys won't be mad at us for sneaking around."

Harry grinned and Hermione's eyes widened. "You." She pointed to Macey. "And…you!" She pointed to Ron.

Macey beamed as she nodded her head. "Uh-huh!"

"Oh, of course we won't be mad!" she exclaimed getting emotional. She got up from her chair with tears in her eyes. "I'm so happy for you guys!"

"And I'm happy for you guys!" Macey cried as she got up and hugged her.

Ron and Harry stared at their blubbering women and then gave each other an awkward look. "Er…how bout we shake," Harry suggested.

"That'll work," Ron said as he reached across the table and shook his best friends hand. "I'm glad it's you, Harry. No one else deserves our Hermione better than you."

He grinned and was relieved that Ron approved. His feelings were the most important; he was still his best friend, along with Hermione. Nothing would ever change that. "Thanks Ron. And you and Macey are a one of a kind match."

He laughed. "You have no idea."

"You gonna marry her?" he asked as the females were still gossiping.

"Planning on it."

"Same here." He grinned and looked over at Hermione who was now looking at him with love in her eyes. "I think I see a double wedding in the future."

The End!

Stay tuned for the epilogue!