Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Four of Hearts by Harrys Mistress
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Four of Hearts

Harrys Mistress

This chapter was automatically imported from the story archive available on /r/HPharmony.

Please report any issues by using the Report as broken button!

The constant ringing wouldn't stop. It was loud, high pitch and extremely obnoxious. It took Ron awhile to realize it wasn't his head that was ringing due to the amount of alcohol he consumed, but it was actually in fact Macey's cell phone that was going off. He groaned as he blindly pushed her. "Macey," he croaked. "That damn Muggle device won't show up."

All she did was moan.

"Make it stoooop," he groaned as he nudged her again.

"Why is my head ringing?" Harry asked as he started to wake up shifting his tired body. Hermione let a moan of protest as she rolled over to Harry, swinging an arm and a leg around him as if she was pinning him down to stay still.

"It's Macey's phone," Ron whined. "Oh, thank Merlin it stopped."

"She'll just call back," Macey muttered. "My mom is very stubborn." Sure enough it started going again and Macey started to reach over Ron. "Where's my wand?"

Ron flinched. "Woah, that is definitely not your wand," he said as he grabbed her wrist when her hand ventured a little too far down south.

"Sorry," she said still half asleep as she draped herself on top of Ron's chest while she grabbed her wand on the bedside table. "Accio cell phone." Since she was sleepy and wasn't concentrating the phone barely made it over to her and she lazily grabbed her phone and collapsed her head back down, not caring where it landed....even if it did land on Ron's chest. "Hi Mom."

Ron was too tired to care....he was just thankful the ringing stopped. A part of him though was kind of enjoying the feel of Macey pressed up against him.....a very small part of course.

"Sounds like I woke you up," her mother said with a hint of amusement in her voice. "Long night?"

"You've known me long enough to know quite well that this is my hangover voice, Mom."

She chuckled. "Yes, guess I do. I take it you won last night?"

"Yeah, won the division and we definitely celebrated."

"Well, I'm glad you had a good time....how are your roommates?"

"Passed out and hurting as much as me," she said as she shifted slightly to get more comfortable. "We took our portkey home last night and it took us to my bed and the four of us never moved to get up."

Her mom laughed. "I wish I could see that....when am I going to meet them?"

"I'll bring them by sometime.....I'll be home today though."

"That's why I'm calling, what time will you be Apparating into the backyard, the whole family wants to be there?"

"I won't leave here till later this afternoon so it won't be too early for you guys." She yawned sleepily. "I'll call you back and let you know, but I plan on leaving here at about four and it's a little after nine right now."

"Okay sweetie, I'll see you then....and ask your roommates if they'd want to visit, there's plenty of room in the house since all the kids are moved out."

"I'll do that....thanks mom." She clicked off the phone and tossed it on the floor, closing her eyes and didn't bother moving away from Ron. "Ya'll wanna go to Texas?"

"Texshas?" Harry slurred as he lifted his head from the pillow.

"Yeah....my mom invited you three...I'm only staying for a week, but your welcome to come if you like."

"I wanna go to Texas with you," Hermione said from the other side of the bed as she kept her eyes close.

"Okay," Macey said grinning. "What about you guys?"

"Course I'll go," Harry said he reached over and patted her back. "It'll be fun."

Macey then lifted her head and folded her arms across Ron's chest. "And you Ron?"

Ron opened his eyes and right away noticed how close they were, which gave him a close up on the color of her eyes. It was hazel...bright green...no wait, or was it blue? He couldn't tell it was as if they switched on you. "Do you want me to come?"

The corner of her mouth lifted. "Yeah, Ron I want you to come....but you don't have to if..."

"I'd love to," he replied before he could finish. Macey grinned at him and he returned it. "But for now, let's go back to sleep."

Macey didn't protest when Ron closed his eyes and lazily pressed her head gently back down on his chest. She sighed when she felt his warm fingers gently caress the side of her face as he effortlessly tucked a loose strand behind her ear. It didn't take long for her to fall back asleep with the comforting sound of his heart beating beneath her.

Macey woke up before she even opened her eyes. She felt a comforting presence close to her so she snuggles closer as she smacked her lips and began to flutter her eyes open. Her room came into view and she squinted at the sun seeping through her blinds. She realized that she was still using Ron's chest as a pillow, but she was so tired she didn't even care. She was comfortable, so why move. She yawned and stretched lazily as she arched against him and Ron stirred in his sleep. She smiled a little and then her eyes shifted to the clock.

"HOLY SHIT!" she yelled as she flew up to a sitting position and reached over to grab her clock.

Ron moaned in annoyance.

"No WAY it's 11:00!" She looked over to where Harry and Hermione were sleeping, but they were gone. "Ugh, why didn't they wake us?!" Another noise escaped from Ron. "Ron, get up."

"Nooo," he grumbled as he rolled over on to his side.

She shoved him hard almost causing him to fall off the side of the bed. "I'm serious Ron." She flew off the covers and crawled out of bed, running to her closet as she pulled out her big suitcase and threw it on the bed. "We have to leave here at 1:00, it will be around 7 at night in Dallas, I still have to pack, shower and go to the bank….oh, crap I hate it when I sleep in! Ron, are you listening to me??"

Ron slowly sat up in the bed and ran his fingers through his hair, squinting up at her as she ran all over the room as she waved her wand aimlessly around the room while clothes and accessories flew neatly into her suitcase. Ron had to duck to avoid her jewelry box that flew right over his head. "Macey," he finally said as he watched her warily. "Your veins….they're bulging out of your neck…you…wow, you look scary."

"Then get out and get started so I won't curse you….I have to shower, now get!"

Ron rolled his eyes as he got out of bed. "Is your family as scary as you?"

Macey let out a frustrated growl as she angrily shoved Ron to the door. "All right, all right no shoving!"

Harry and Hermione were sitting on the couch and watched as Ron stumbled out of Macey's room and they both jumped when she slammed the door. "Problems with the lady?" Harry asked amused.

Ron scowled. "She's in a terror since we slept in, she says we have to leave by 1:00 so I suggest you guys start packing, too, if you want to stay alive."

Hermione laughed. "Thanks for the warning, but we've already packed. We ordered pizza for lunch, it should be here soon."

"All right, save me a slice," he grumbled. "I have to go upstairs and start getting ready. Why didn't you two wake us up?"

Harry grinned. "You two just looked so cute snuggling up together, we didn't have the heart."

Ron looked at his teasing face. "Die!" he groaned before he spun around and ran up the stairs as Harry and Hermione's laughter trailed behind him. He went to his room and practically slammed the door before he stalked to his bathroom as he angrily threw off his shirt. He was mad….he was mad because he had enjoyed it too much. When Macey didn't bother to move after her phone call with her mother, he was very surprised, but what shocked him more, was that he found himself not caring. He didn't mind Macey wrapped around him so close. He didn't mind the sweet smell of her hair he got every time he breathed in and out. And he for sure didn't mind the way she felt pressed up against him when she arched against him while she stretched. He was half awake at the time, but he still knew what was going on and he for sure knew his body enjoyed it. He had to bite his lip to keep a groan from escaping him and he almost drew blood he was biting so hard.

Ron sighed as he turned on the shower and stepped inside, ducking his head under the hot spray. Just forget it Ron. We wouldn't work…we bump heads to much and she has a boyfriend. Just get it out of your head while you still can

Something though in the back of his mind, a voice….that kind of sounded like Macey's voice, said, "Yeah right…good luck with that."