Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Four of Hearts by Harrys Mistress
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Four of Hearts

Harrys Mistress

This chapter was automatically imported from the story archive available on /r/HPharmony.

Please report any issues by using the Report as broken button!

Here's a kind of long one and I thought I'd post it, since it has some H/Hr interaction for those of you who are thirsty for it. The next post I have to revise*wink* Before I post it. I'm off to work, then pilates, then babysitting....so I have no idea when I'll be able to update next. So enjoy while ya can!

***************

Chapter 12

Later that night, after they filled their bellies with Macey's famous cheese dip and sipped on delicious margaritas, they finally had retired to the den. All of them had changed into their pajamas and put on a movie that they had got in town. Macey had made herself a pallet on the floor and she was stretched out in front of the TV, but it wasn't long until she made Ron come join her since they were watching a scary movie.

"Okay, Ron get down here," she said sitting up and turning around to face him.

Ron was in the leather recliner as comfortable as can be. "Why? Scared?" he teased.

"Yeah, terrified. I usually am not a fan of scary movies."

Ron just chuckled as he got up from his chair and laid next to her and she immediately curled up next to him. "So this is why muggles make scary movies," he said entertained. "So guys can get lucky." Macey replied by pinching him hard in the ribs causing him to flinch. "Ouch!"

Harry was sitting on the couch with Hermione and she was just as scared as Macey. He winced when Hermione squeezed his arm a little too hard. "Ease up, Hermione it's only a..."

Right then in the movie something jumped out unexpectedly and the girls screamed. Hermione practically jumped on Harry's lap and buried her face in his chest. Harry grinned. "Hermione, you faced Voldemort with me and this scares you?"

"This makes Voldemort seem like a regular sweetheart," she muffled into his shirt. "Oh for crying out loud, don't go into the house you stupid girl! Oh, she is so toast."

Sure enough, the stupid girl that went into the dark empty scary house, got sliced to pieces. Ron winced. "Must they be so graphic about it....ouch, that look like it hurt."

As the movie wore on, the scarier it got and the tighter the girls held on to the boys. At one point, Harry seriously thought he was going to die due to lack of oxygen, but a part of him didn't mind. He had protected Hermione from Death Eaters and Voldemort many of times, he can sure protect her during a scary muggle movie. When the movie was finally over, he could feel her start to relax. "Thank Merlin that's over with. That movie was exhausting."

"I'm going to have nightmares tonight," Macey said as she turned off the TV. "We're in the middle of no where and for all we no a crazy person with an axe might be out there and..."

"Would you be quiet!" Hermione cried. "I don't want to..."

Something pecked on the window behind her and Harry causing everyone to jump and yell. Harry flung around the window and his eyes widened. "Hedwig!"

Hermione put a hand over her heart. "That scared me to death."

"I can't believe it," he said as he walked over to the back door so he could let her in. Hedwig soared through the door and landed on one of the arms of the couches. "Why on earth did you fly all this way, Hedwig? Is it that important?"

Hedwig just held out her foot and kept an eye on Sugar who had her head up staring right back at her. "Sugar, don't even think about it," Macey said. Sugar looked at her then Hedwig again, before putting her head down sighing in defeat.

"Ashley?" Harry said looking at the parchment. "It's from Ashley." He sighed and looked at Hedwig. "You flew all this way for some lousy letter from, Ashley?"

Hedwig flew up on his shoulder and gave a soft hoot. "Aww," Macey said with a smile.

"What?" Harry asked.

"She wanted to see you."

Harry blinked and looked over at Hedwig. "She said that?"

"Yep. Kind of sweet."

"How come you never told us about your gift before?" he asked as he stroked the side of Hedwig's face.

She shrugged. "I never really looked into Hedwig's mind before, since she's not mine it's not my business. But I couldn't help but hear what she was saying. She's nuts over you, Harry."

"Yeah, well I kind of like her myself," he said and grinned at Hedwig. "Why don't you go outside and play, Hedwig. There's all sorts of critters outside."

Hedwig leaned up and excitingly flapped his wings and Harry walked back to the door and let her out. "What does Ashley want, Harry?" Hermione asked casual as possible.

"Haven't read it yet," he said unrolling the parchment and sighed as he read it. "She's unbelievable." He then crumbled up the paper and stalked over to the master bedroom slamming the door behind him.

Hermione sighed. "That's not good, I better go see what's wrong." Without waiting for answer she followed Harry to the bedroom slowly opening the door and walking in. Harry was sitting on the edge of the king sized bed, his elbows on his knees holding his head in his hands. "Harry," she said softly sitting next to him placing a hand on his back. "What the letter say?"

He shook his head. "It doesn't matter....it's over." He let out a harsh laugh. "I don't think it even started."

"I'm sorry," she said rubbing her hand up and down his back.

"You didn't even like her," he said looking over at her for the first time.

"Well...no, I didn't, but....I can tell how much this is hurting you, so for that I'm sorry."

He shook his head. "I'm just sick of it, you know? When will I find someone who will....who will...."

"See the real you?" she asked finishing the question for him.

He nodded looking at her. "Yeah." He then sighed as he flopped down on his back and looked up at the ceiling. "She didn't know where I was and was angry for not keeping in touch. She knew I was with you."

"Harry," she said as she laid down next to him on her side. "I..."

"She gave me an ultimatum." He handed her the letter turning his head to look at her. "Read it."

Hermione took the letter but didn't unroll it, she was more worried about him. He took back the letter and unrolled it himself and placed it back in her hands. "Read it," he repeated. She stared into his eyes sadly and then finally flickered her eyes to the parchment and read.

Where are you?! I've been by your place and you're not there, in fact no one is. I know your on vacation? You go off with her?? How could you just leave without letting me know and better yet, how come you didn't take me with you? So where are you, huh? Some exotic beach enjoying yourself? Is Hermione having fun with you? I can't take it anymore, Harry. If you want to be with me you'll just have to choose. I hate feeling like I have to compete myself with her! I better get a reply or we're through no matter what! Don't ruin this, Harry, guys would kill to be with me.

Ashley

Hermione shook her head and crumbled the paper before tossing it aside. "So....who ya going to pick?"

Harry snapped his head towards her furious, but then saw her slightly teasing smile and knew she wasn't serious. "I can't believe her, I mean is she honestly that full of herself to make her think I'd actually consider picking her over you? I can't stand it anymore and I can't stand her."

"Forget about her, Harry. She's not worth it, don't even bother replying to her."

He laughed. "Oh, I'm replying...don't you worry and all I'm saying is three words. 'I choose Hermione.' That'll deflate her ego a bit."

She smiled softly. "You'll find someone, Harry. You're too good of a person to be alone all your life."

"I hope your right." He then got up slowly and rubbed his eyes. "I'm exhausted. Wanna sleep with me tonight? I'll protect you from crazy killing psychopaths."

She grinned. "You will huh?"

"You bet." He then nodded his head to the bed. "Come on."

Hermione smiled as the two of them flew back the covers and crawled inside. Harry turned off the light and was shocked when Hermione scooted closer to him until she was snuggled up against his side. They've slept in the same bed, but mostly kept to their own side of the bed. Well, they started that way at least, but always ended up close together since Hermione hogged the bed. However, they never started out this way, but he wasn't about to complain. She knew he needed her tonight and he did...he really did need her tonight. "Night, Hermione," he whispered and closed his eyes. This is what he wanted....he wanted to find someone he could be comfortable with like Hermione. He wanted someone like Hermione. He knew though....that there was no one out there that could even hold a candle to her. She was too special.