Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Four of Hearts by Harrys Mistress
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Four of Hearts

Harrys Mistress

AHHHH!! I am SOOO ready to be done with this! Okay. Here's one more little part and after that? I'm wrapping up a quick ending and that's it. It's done. SO this post and then one more and it's over. I'm ready to concentrate on my other fics I feel like I've abandon, plus another story is brewing in my head, but I'd like to finish this one and maybe one of my shorter ones first. So here's a short update I wrote last night. I was going to wait and write a bit more tonight, but I just can't do it. I dragged this story on long enough.

XXXXX

The next morning the Potter/Weasley vacation was underway and everyone was scattered around the island doing his or her thing. Some were lounging out by the pool, while others were playing in the surf by the beach. In the morning, the kids made an appointment to have access of a Quidditch pitch so they could play. Sirius, Brad, Shane, Lily, Kennedy and Matthew all played while Erin and Samantha sat on the sidelines and cheered them on.

At lunchtime everyone met in Harry and Hermione's suite where they made sandwiches as they puttered around the den or spent a few moments soaking in the hot tub. Slowly, one by one everyone left again to play in the sun for the rest of the afternoon.

The Weasley twins, Margot and Gabriel were on the beach playing in the surf while their parents weren't too far away, lounging under their tent. The twins were tossing a small American football that was blue and silver, supporting the Dallas Cowboys. Their mom and dad had taken them to a game when the family visited Dallas for Thanksgiving.

"Go long, Margot!" Gabriel shouted. "I want to see how far I can throw it!"

"Okay!" Margot giggled as she frolicked through the surf. She quickly turned around and yelped when she saw the ball fly over her head as she tried to get it, but it was too high and landed in the water with a plop. "Nice Arm, Gabby!" she yelled over her shoulder as she ran to go get it.

Before she could pick it up however, another pair of hands grabbed the football and Margot looked up to see a blonde haired boy holding it. He was not much older than she, maybe a year older and he had a big smirk on his face. "Um, that's mine," she said shyly.

"What is it?" he asked rudely as he stared at it.

"It's a football," she said impatiently. "From America."

"Cool, I think I'll play with it now, thanks shrimp."

"Hey!" Margot said as she tried to reach for it but the mean boy held it over his head. "Give it back!"

"Make me," he taunted as he waved it up high while she jumped up and down to try and reach it.

Gabby sensed trouble and ran over to help her sister. "That's our ball, give it back you meanie!" she said a bit more forceful than Margot had. She was not as shy as her sister was.

"Two of you?" the boy mocked. "Oh, that's just wrong."

"We asked you to give it back!" Gabby demanded even louder.

The boy rolled his eyes. "Yeah, whatever, I don't have time for this." He then pushed both girls as hard as he good and chuckled in delight when they shrieked and fell into the water. "Pansies," he spat and then turned around to leave but froze when he saw two identical faces snarling at him. He might have been taller than the Margot and Gabby but Jason and Dylan Potter towered over him.

"Enjoy knocking girls down, punk?" Dylan asked as anger swept through him. He wanted to pounce the blonde headed git.

"Girls are obnoxious," the boy said and tried to walk off.

Jason stopped him by placing a hand on his shoulder and pushing him back. "Hey, we'll be the firsts to agree with you, but bullying them is another thing." Their dad always taught them to respect others no matter what and when he saw the boy push the girls down he was livid. Last night, after everyone had gone to bed, he and his brother had pushed them down many of times. However, they were having a pillow fight and the girls were giggling obnoxiously. It was entirely different.

"Now, give the ball back to them, or else," Dylan said as he jammed his fist hard into his palm, clearly showing the boy what, 'or else' meant.

"Whatever," the boy said angrily as he slammed the ball into Jason's chest. "Stupid ball anyway."

Jason and Dylan watched the boy stalk off and slowly they both began to relax. "That's a shame, I was kind of hoping for a rumble," Dylan said.

"Same here," Jason agreed and then turned to the girls who were smiling at them. "Here," he said stiffly as he held out the ball to them.

Gabby and Margot murmured something and they both giggled, causing the boys to roll their eyes. "You gonna take the ball or not?" Jason asked getting impatient.

Gabby approached Jason as Margot did the same to Dylan, both girls giggling and smiling. "Thanks," Gabby said as he took the ball from him and shocked Jason by giving him a quick peck on the lips.

"Yeah, thanks," Margot said as she leaned up and kissed Dylan on his small innocent lips.

Both boys stood there frozen, jaws dropped as they watched the girls run off, giggles slowly fading away. The boys looked at each other in shock and saw that the other person was blushing.

"If you tell anyone about this, I'll pound you!" they both snapped at the same time, pointing their fingers at each other.

Jason finally huffed as he crossed his arms around his chest. "Girls," he muttered. Why wouldn't his lips stop tingling?

"Tell me about it," Dylan mumbled. "That was gross." It wasn't so bad.

"I know, like Mom and Dad do!" Jason then kicked the water hard, angry at himself for letting Gabby get to him. "Let's go do something." "Like what?" Dylan asked as he followed his older brother by twenty minutes up to the house.

"Something eight year old boys do," he muttered shoving his hands in the pockets of his swim trunks.

"Sounds good to me," Dylan agreed. "No girls allowed."