Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Final Belonging by JadeLMSkywalker
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Final Belonging

JadeLMSkywalker

Disclaimer: I own nothing that seems even remotely familiar to you. The plot though as thin as it is, is my idea.

A/N: This is my first attempt at a fan fiction story; I would greatly love any and all help with it. Thanks Jade.

The Final Belonging

Epilogue

Great Loss

Outside The Burrow

Current Day

Hermione Granger stands atop of the hill over looking the Burrow and many of her friends as they gather in memory of a dear friend to them all. She watches as the clouds turn from beautiful white to threatening black. She finally sits down as the sky itself seems to cry over the loss of the best person ever known. The Boy Who Lived is reported to live no longer. One month ago today their hearts had been ripped from their bodies as the news arrived, terrible news of the battle where the Boy Who Lived was no longer seen and unable to be located.

The darkness starts to squeeze in on her soul, she cries out knowing no one will hear her, no one cares. The tears start to pour down her face mixing with the falling rain as she realizes for the first time how alone she really and truly is. The only person, who's ever cared for her, really cared for her she has pushed away. He cared for her so much it scared her, he didn't do anything or act on it, but he did let her be happy by doing whatever she needed him to do. She didn't realize what it was until after she had chased him away for ever.

Now she knows better, hindsight is always better when looking at the past. You can see things that were never there to be seen before, or so it seems. You don't have to worry about things in the present when looking at the past to see why you're here in this present, though you have to deal with the pain caused by these revelations, these truths that we were once blind too.

It has been one year and one month to the day since she sent her heart away and one month since her life lost meaning. She knows she has no one to blame but herself, though she knows if he knew he would take the blame unto himself before allowing her to feel such things. He loved her, a true love that she never knew until it was too late and fate seems destined to make it so she never will.

She looks up as she hears a person slowly approaching, "Mrs. Weasley," she asks as she recognizes the figure.

"Hermione dear," Molly Weasley says as she gets closer. "We've been worried about you," she says to the soaked figure on the ground.

"I've just been thinking," Hermione says as she stands up and brushes her wet hair from her eyes knowing the rain will hide her tears.

"Are you okay," Molly asks as she takes Hermione into a hug, knowing full well she's been up here crying.

"I miss him," Hermione cries into the embrace pulling Molly closer to her.

"I know dear, we all do," Molly agrees and then she leads the soaked lady down the hill and to the Burrow