Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Final Belonging by JadeLMSkywalker
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Final Belonging

JadeLMSkywalker

A/N: Well folks this is it. This is the final chapter of The Final Belonging. I would like to dedicate this chapter to all of you who have Reviewed this story. I just wanted to let you know how much it means to me that some of you actually like something I have written. I don't know how to thank you enough. Thanks again…..

Disclaimer: Though this is the last chapter of this story, I thought I would tell everyone I am finished playing with this toys (for now or ever) and will now return them to their rightful owner, JK Rowling, Scholastic, and Warner Brothers. I would like to thank them for their existence. I own nothing, I have been paid nothing, and I was just borrowing.

Chapter 42

The Final Belonging

Potter Ranch

The Current Day

Time: 0145

She looks up and she sees something she feared she would never see again, she gasps as brown eyes meet green. "Harry," she whispers in shock.

"He said he would wait until he knew if I would be safe," Harry whispers in a teasing voice.

Hermione can't help but smile at the sound of his voice, something she hasn't heard in over a year and had thought she would never hear again. "Harry," she whispers again disbelievingly.

He looks at her questioningly, "yes," he agrees, "and you are Hermione," he says to her trying to get her out of her daze.

She smiles as she hears her name come from his mouth, she has missed it. Leaning forward she wraps her arms around him and gently places her head on his chest. Unable to stop the tears from falling, she cries into his chest, sobs is more like it. "I missed you Harry," she sobs out. She jumps when she feels his hands slowly move around her and take her weakly into his arms, returning her hug, as she feels this she melts into his embrace. She had feared he wouldn't want her anymore, she had feared he wouldn't remember her.

"Shh, I missed you too," he whispers softly into her bushy hair. "It's alright Hermione, it's alright," he tells her. "I'm here," he says trying to comfort her.

Lifting her head up from his chest, she looks back into his eyes, loving the fact she is able to do that again. "I love you," she tells him honestly and truthfully as she looks him straight in the eyes.

Harry smiles wider than he has in over a year, "and I love you," he whispers in response as he slowly places his hand on the side of her face and gently wipes the tears from her cheek. "I may not remember how we met," he says to her honestly, "I may not even remember everything we did," he confesses as he sees the worry in her eyes. "But I know with all my heart and soul that I have loved you for a really long time," he finally admits something he has kept from her for years, easily over a decade. "I love you Miss Hermione Granger," he repeats and she smiles widely and beautifully. "You are so beautiful," he says as he fights against another yawn.

Blushing at his words, she slowly leans down and gently kisses his lips, pulling back she looks into his eyes loving the fact she can do this anytime she wishes. "Go to sleep," she whispers as her hand gently rubs up and down on his closest arm in a soothing manor, helping him to go to sleep.

"Stay," he whispers as his eyes drift closed.

"There is no where else I would want to be," she says honestly as she curls up on the bed beside him, placing her head carefully on his chest and closes her eyes. Soon the two of them could be found finally resting, sleeping soundly in each others arms.

Albus walks back in a few minutes later and smiles at the sight before him, walking over to the bed Hermione had vacated he takes the quilt and goes over to the bed and carefully, so as not to wake them, covers the pair with the quilt. With that task done, Albus returns to his chair and picking up the book, he learns he is no longer having difficulty reading it as he stands guard over these two precious sleeping souls.

Potter Ranch

The Current Day

Time: 1030

Fighting a huge yawn Ron shakes his head as he thinks it way too early in the morning for him to have to be awake, as he slowly and quietly walks to the door of the room,. He doesn't want to wake Hermione, she hasn't had a good night's sleep for longer than he cares to admit and she won't confess to anything. He knows however that it has been since before the day Harry was to have asked her to complete his soul. Shaking these thoughts from his mind, he tiptoes into the room to find a sight that only makes him smile. Hermione is on the bed with Harry, her arms are holding onto him securely as though afraid he might disappear, her right hand has a hold of Harry's nightshirt in a death grip. Than he realizes something else, Harry has his right arm wrapped around the bundle known as Hermione.

This stops him in his tracks; he looks over to see his mother in the chair beside the pair. She is watching them with deep interest and a large smile on her face. Ron knows she is cooking up a plan of some sort to get the two of them together. To this thought he smiles wider than he has since that last meeting when he was chasing Harry around the room. Clearing his throat softly he gets his mother's attention. "Morning mum," he says in greeting when she looks up to see him standing there.

Molly sits there watching the couple on the bed wondering if what she has been told is true. Then again how can it not be true when Bill and Charles both told her Dumbledore had come to them asking about information they were asked to locate for Harry a while ago. As far as both of them know, Harry had not told anyone else about their special assignment. An assignment they totally enjoyed doing. So if Harry didn't tell anyone, then how did Dumbledore know to ask them for the information, unless, of course Harry is in fact awake. She nearly jumps out of her skin as someone clears their throat; she instantly looks over to the new visitor to find Ron smiling back at her. After his greeting Molly smiles, "morning dear," she whispers in return.

Ron steps further into the room and walks as quietly as possible over to his mother, "I thought Hermione said she wouldn't get in bed with him until she knew for sure he would welcome her," Ron says voicing Molly's own thoughts as she first seen them.

"I know," Molly admits honestly. "Bill tells me they were this way when he took over for Charles and Charles says she was there before he got here," she informs her son.

"Good, she needs the rest," Ron says with a small nod.

"That she does," Molly agrees easily.

"They look right that way," he admits easily, "they really do belong together," he adds on as he thinks about how understated that statement is.

"That they are dear," Molly agrees with a knowing smile. She only hopes things will be able to be repaired after having been left alone for so long. "That they are," she whispers again.

Ron looks over at the welcoming sight and notices something he didn't when he came in this morning, "Harry looks better," he says and then almost screams as emerald green eyes open to look at him. One thing he knows for sure is that he jumped and actually backed a little away out of reflex. For seeing those eyes looking back at him was the last thing he expected to see at the moment, in truth he feared he never would.

Molly watches as her son jumps and backs away from the bed slight, "are you alright dear," she asks concerned.

Ron looks over at this mother, "Harry is really looking better," he repeats not knowing what he is really saying in his shock.

"Yes dear he is," she agrees with a smile wondering why he said it again, "are you alright," she asks again really starting to get worried.

"Just surprised is all," Ron says looking back over to the eyes, praying he hadn't imagined it. He smiles as he sees the amused look in them. "Are you finding this funny," he asks his brother smiling wider at the small smile forming on his face.

Molly looks at her son confused as to what he is talking about, she isn't amused, in fact she is getting more and more concerned. "Actually I am," a raspy voice answers his question causing Molly to jump in her seat. Her eyes fly over to the person on the bed.

"Harry," she gasps out in shock. He nods his head slowly in agreement. "Are you alright dear," she asks him in concern as she tries to control her rapidly beating heart, as she tries to control her shock at him being awake.

"I am alive," Harry answers her honestly. "Though it seems I do have a bit of a problem with my memory," he quickly tells them so they know what to expect. "However, according to Albus it isn't as bad as they had feared," he rushes to assure them.

Ron smiles at this, though his heart is breaking in fear that Harry doesn't remember them, "Albus," he says in question.

"Yeah," Harry says with an equally amused smile. "He quickly re-introduced himself to me so I would stop calling him sir," he answers softly not wanting to wake the woman in his arms. "How are you really Ron," he finally asks looking his brother in the eyes.

Ron smiles wider, "you remember me," he asks hopefully.

"I remember some things, however some are still cloudy," Harry admits. "Though I do remember how much you just loved it's a small world," he tells them truthfully.

"So you remember me, but not of all we did and went through," Ron asks but his voice has lost its hopelessness it held a few moments before.

"About covers it," Harry agrees. "I must admit however," he tells them. "It seems my memory has to be triggered with the presence of the person or persons," he explains.

"What do you mean dear," Molly asks concerned.

"Last night for example," Harry starts, "I remembered being surrounded by a group of red heads, but I couldn't tell you their names, but I knew they were important to me. Now however I can name some of them," he explains.

"Me and mum," Ron asks.

"You and Molly," Harry agrees. "I can also remember Arthur and Ginny," he pauses for a moment, "well let's just say I just remembered them," he confesses.

"So it's slowly returning to you," Ron asks as he carefully sits on the edge of the bed containing his two best friends.

"It seems people are and some of the things we have been through, but there are a lot of gaps, a lot of holes," Harry agrees.

"What about Hermione," Ron asks him hoping Harry has fixed their relationship and that he is going to have another Sister-In-Law.

Harry smiles widely at that as he looks down at the head of brown hair on his chest, "we," he pauses as he looks up at Ron. "I let her in," he finally answers looking his brother in the eyes.

Ron all but grins evilly at this confession, "so when is the wedding," he asks innocently.

"Ronald Lamar Weasley," Molly states though the smile can be heard in her voice, "would you leave them alone for the moment, Harry has just woken up after being missing for a month," she tells her son.

"I know mum," Ron says to her, "but if we don't get him to do this now he will find a reason to back out of this, he will find a reason to hide his heart. You know it and I know it," he says looking at her.

"I know dear, but Hermione isn't even awake," Molly tells Ron.

"Yes she is," Harry says with a smile. "She has been for a bit now, she just didn't want anyone to know, but I felt the difference in her breathing pattern," he says with a smirk as her brown eyes look up to meet his green ones. She smiles in return to his look, "good morning love," Harry greets her.

"Morning," Hermione says as she stretches cat like and then reaches up and kisses Harry on the cheek. Turning to see the smiling faces of those with them she blushes having forgotten they were there. "Morning," she says to them hoping to hide her embarrassment.

"Morning, sister-in-law," Ron smirks with a smile. As he says this Hermione's eyes widen comically.

"Ron what did I just tell you," Molly asks.

"She's awake now," Ron protests.

"Ronald Lamar Weasley," Molly starts but is interrupted by another voice.

"It's okay," Harry says stopping her before she can really get started. "He's right," he says looking quickly over at the shocked Mrs. Weasley and then back to the concerned brown eyes looking back at him. "I would chicken out if I don't do it now," he whispers softly and then quickly closes his eyes as he fights against the fear rising in his heart that he will forever lose her and never be good enough for her. He opens his eyes, "marry me," he whispers softly. "Marry me please," he re-asks.

As he says this Ron's mouth drops open in shock, he had feared they never would get this far and now they have he doesn't know what to say. As the shock wears off his mouth closes slowly and a smile replaces the drop jaw. Molly on the other hand has dropped her knitting and is looking intently between all three of her children, her mind automatically starting to work on the details of the coming wedding and the names of the people to invite and possible places to have the wedding.

However their shock pales in comparison to the shock of the lady who is lying halfway on Harry and halfway off. Her eyes are wide and tears are seen brimming in the sides of her eyes. "Seriously," she asks in a soft whisper. "Are you serious," she repeats unbelievingly.

"I am," Harry says truthfully and Hermione can see the fear of her rejection starting to rise in his emerald green eyes. "Marry me," he repeats softly trying to keep the fear from entering his voice.

"YES!" Hermione almost shouts out as she takes him into her arms again, which he gladly reciprocates. "Yes," she says again as she buries her head into his chest and starts to cry once again, only this time she cries tears of happiness. After a few moments she raises her head and looks tearfully at the man of her dreams. She leans down and presses a gentle kiss to his lips, pulling back she whispers to him softly, "yes, yes, yes, yes," over and over as she rains his face with kisses.

"YES!" Ron shouts as he stands up and oddly enough starts to dance a victory dance. Within a moment the four of them are laughing at the happiness they all feel and the hilarity of Ron's absurd dance. All of a sudden Ron stops dancing and grins evilly at the pair in the bed.

"What are you planning Ron," Harry asks.

"I'll be back," Ron drawls out still grinning. He turns and runs out of the room, leaving behind three confused people until they hear. "HEY EVERYONE, HARRY'S AWAKE. HARRY AND HERMIONE ARE GETTING MARRIED, OUR FAMILY IS NOW COMPLETE!"

As they hear this Hermione buries her head in Harry's chest to hide her embarrassment. She feels Harry's silent laughter and she too joins him as she starts to shake her head in disbelief. "I am so going to kill him," she says looking up at Harry.

"Good," he says in answer, "I don't think I can at the moment," he says shaking his head at the antics of one Ronald Lamar Weasley. It is then they realize their brother has yet to finish with his taunting.

"WE HAVE A WEDDING TO PLAN, LOTS OF WORK TO DO," Ron can be heard shouting as the sounding of footsteps can be heard running to where Ron is shouting at the base of the stairs. "COME ON, LOADS OF WORK TO DO YOU LAZY GITS," he calls out.

"Just who is he calling lazy," Harry asks the humor evident in his voice.

"Not you," Hermione assures him with a smile. "Just wait until my parents get a hold of him," she laughs out.

"Alexandra and David are here," Harry asks confused.

Hermione smiles, "you remember them," she asks hopefully.

"David helped to design this place," Harry answers as he looks around the room to indicate what he means.

"Yet you made the furniture," Molly adds on as Harry looks over at her in shock.

"I have no more secrets it seems," he says with a soft yet painful looking shrug.

"A month is along time for secrets to be told dear," Molly tells him and he nods in agreement.

"Then I gather you know about the Prophecy," he asks hopefully.

Hermione knows he hopes they haven't, she reaches up and places her hand on his cheek and gently turns his face towards her. "We do," she says looking into his eyes, "I do," she repeats to him and he closes his eyes to fight back his sadness. "I'm sorry," she says to him and his eyes snap open to look at her.

"You have nothing to be sorry about," he assures her.

"Yes I do," she answers as she raises herself on her elbow and looks down at him. "I pushed you away just when you were about to answer not only my prayers but my dreams, I pushed you away and lost the most important person to me for a year and you are not going anywhere without me again, you are not leaving my sights mister, you got me," she asks, she promises, she vows. Reaching his head up, he seals her words with a kiss. Right then, they hear a gasp at the door and they break apart to look at the new comers. Hermione smiles as she sees who it is, "mum, dad," she says smiling wider, "I would like you to meet your future son-in-law, my fiancé" she tells them confirming what they heard shouted earlier.

Alexandra and David step into the room with mirroring smiles on their faces, Alexandra has tears rolling down her face in happiness. David however smirks at the man laying under his daughter, "about damn time," he says causing everyone within hearing distance to burst into laughter. "So Mr. Harry Granger," he teases, "how are you feeling," he asks more seriously.

Harry pauses as he thinks about this, "well Mr. Potter," he says causing more snickering to be heard at their teasing. "Physically I feel as though I have been thru more than I can or care to remember, I feel pain in places I didn't know I had," he tells them honestly and he can feel Hermione start to move off of him so as to not harm him further. He looks at her, "don't move please," he asks her almost pleadingly. She pauses and looks at him questioningly. "You don't hurt me, you could never hurt me, I like the feel of you near me," he clarifies her question and she slowly and gently returns to how she was a moment before. Harry smiles his thanks and looks back over at the concerned group of family who has all somehow managed to cram themselves into the room.

"Mentally," he continues to answer, "I seem to have a bit of a problem with, I remember everyone here, but I may not remember everything or how we met," he pauses. "If that makes sense to any of you, then maybe you can explain it more to me. Though until you stepped into this room I didn't remember you," he explains. "Albus told me to be patient so I am asking you to be patient with me," he says with a small smile. "Now," he says smiling wider, "my soul however has never felt more complete," he says causing them to laugh. "I have the woman of my dreams lying on the same bed with me and to top it off," he says and the awe can be heard in his voice, "she has agreed to make me the happiest man alive by being my wife," he finishes his answer as Hermione can't help but give him another kiss which he gladly returns.

"Sounds like everything is as it should be," a wizened voice says through the crowd. Everyone turns to look at the source of the voice as he steps through them to reach the bed, "good morning you two," he says once he gets closer to them.

"Morning sir," they both respond as one. The twinkle in his eyes causes Harry to answer once again, "morning Albus," he restates.

"How do you feel Harry," Albus asks knowing Harry will understand what he truly means.

Harry looks at Albus for a moment as he thinks about his answer and finally a smile crosses his lips as he tightens his arm around Hermione, "like I finally belong," he answers knowingly. As he says this everyone in the room smiles proudly and lovingly at their brother, son, grandson, friend, and soon to be husband and lover.

~FIN~