Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Final Belonging by JadeLMSkywalker
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Final Belonging

JadeLMSkywalker

Chapter 23

Mental He Is

Hogwarts

Quidditch Pitch

The Past

Harry stops at the entrance to the Pitch and leans up against the wall as he watches the scene before him as a smile crosses his face as he remembers just how stubborn his family is. After a few moments of watching them he stands up straight and walks onto the Pitch and walks towards the ecstatic group. Ginny notices him and smiles happily in his direction. "You lot are very stubborn you know," he calls to them as he gets closer to them.

"We may be stubborn," Ron counters with a smile as he turns around to face Harry. "But you are impossible," he teases him.

Harry grins evilly, "Like I said before, why, can't we all just get along," he repeats.

"Oh but we are," Lavender says smiling so wide it has to hurt.

"Oh really," Harry says trying to act disbelievingly.

"We're getting married," Ginny says as she enfolds Harry in a hug that rivals her mothers.

"All of you," Harry asks knowing they need to tell him rather than him say he seen.

"Yep," Ron says proudly.

"Congratulations," Harry says honestly and proudly to his family as a smile graces his face for a moment.

"Now are you going to tell us why you did this," Neville asks as he puts his arms around Ginny's waste as Ginny leans back into the embrace happy to be here once again.

Harry smiles and looks pointedly at Neville, "I do believe you have just answered your own question there," he says as turns around. "oh," he stops turning to face their surprised faces, "you are now free to leave if you wish," he informs them as he turns around once again and walks off the Pitch and out of sight of the group.

"He's mental, I tell you," Ron says with a large smile on his face as he too wraps his arms around Lavender as the four of them watch their brother walk back to the castle. "Totally mental," he says with awe and everyone there knows it to be love as well.

"Come on Ron," Ginny says appalled by his words, "He is not mental," she defends Harry.

"Ginny dear," Neville says from behind her, "For Ron, Hermione and Harry it is a compliment," he informs her knowingly.

Ginny looks at Neville in shock and then at her brother, "we call Dumbledore mental," Ron agrees with Neville, "and you know how the both of trust and respect him, Harry more than I," he tells her seeing her relax.

"Truth," she asks.

"Truth," he answers with a nod.