Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Final Belonging by JadeLMSkywalker
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Final Belonging

JadeLMSkywalker

A/N: Thanks to all of you wonderful readers and reviewers. I am sorry it took so long to post and I hope you enjoy this chapter as much as those before. Thanks again and Happy New Year, can you believe it is already 2004 (I know I can't).

Chapter 39

Setting Things Into Motion

Leaky Cauldron

Current Day

Three Hours Previous

Hagrid rushes into the bar and shouts out at Tom, "'om I nee' to use the 'ire," he asks.

Tom sees his old friend and instantly realizes something is going on, something important, he reaches down and pulls out a key to one of the room and instantly tosses it to the large gentle giant, "room 103 Hagrid," he calls out telling Hagrid what room and to give him his privacy.

Hagrid smiles his thanks and takes off up the stairs and rushes into the room. Tossing the key on the mattress he grabs some of the Floo powder and throws it in as he gets down on his knees. "Potter Ranch, Dobby's Room," he shouts out and then sticks his head into the green flames. After a dizzying moment of trying to contact the little elf Hagrid is very pleased to see the elf looking almost fearfully at the fire, "Do'by," Hagrid says instantly.

"Mr. Hagrid," Dobby asks in question.

"Yes," Hagrid agrees, "I ne'd your 'elp," he tells the elf instantly.

"Sir, Dobby would be glad to help anyway he can," Dobby instantly agrees.

"I fo'nd 'arry," Hagrid tells Dobby whose eyes widen, "I n'ed your 'elp to rem've him from the hosp'tal he is in an' return him to his r'om there," he asks.

Five minutes later everything is settled and Hagrid is about to make another call when he calls out to Dobby one last time, "oh an' Dob'y d'n't tail any'ne," he asks.

"Dobby won't Mr. Hagrid," Dobby promises.

Hagrid nods his head and pulls his head out of the fire, only to reach for some more Floo powder. He tosses it into the fireplace and calls out, "Hogwarts Hospital Wing," and sticks his head back into the green flames.

Hogwarts:

Hospital Wing

Three Hours Previous

Poppy Pomfrey was on her last nerve. To say it was a bad day is, like saying a tornado has strong winds, to put it lightly. She is still upset she was unable to attend the gathering in memory of Harry. She had so wanted to go, but she couldn't force her patient out until this morning and by then it was way too late. Shaking her head she tries to force her mind back to her paper work when the fireplace bursts into green flames and a head is seen in the dancing flames. Putting her hand over her racing heart, "Hagrid what are you doing," she demands.

"Ma'am Pomfrey," Hagrid greets the healer of Hogwarts. "I ne'd your 'elp," he asks.

"Are you okay," she instantly asks.

"I 'm fine," he says in return. "The 'elp isn't for me," he tells her.

"Who then," she asks wondering who or more importantly what he has found now.

"I well, I fo'nd 'arry," he says as his flamed head tries to look at the floor.

"WHAT," she shouts out in shock.

"Will you 'elp," he asks again.

Poppy blinks in shock, did she just hear him right. She rubs her eyes wondering if she is dreaming. "What is wrong with him," she asks deciding to go along with this dream.

"He 'as a se'ere 'ead in'ury," he says in answer, "the do'tor sai' he's co'atose an' may ne'er wa'e up," he answers. "Muggle hosp'tal," he answers before she has a chance to ask.

"I will get some things together so I can help," she says in response, "where do I meet you," she asks.

"Go b' Floo," he starts to answer, "say Potter Ranch Li'rary, some one w'll let you in," he says in answer. "Be there in three hours, we n'ed to g't him sti'l," he tells her.

"Three hours Potter Ranch Library," Poppy confirms.

"Yes, than's Poppy," Hagrid's head says before disappearing.

London General Hospital

Current Day

One Hour Previous

The lady who had told Hagrid about the boy's relocation was at this moment in time going frantic with worry, when was the giant going to save his friend. Her mind keeps repeating over and over. She swallows down her fear for her patient as the Hospital Chief stops in front of her and smirks. "Let's move that comatose waste of space," he tells her with an evil grin on his face. As she hears these words her heart sinks and bile rises to her throat. The giant is too late; there is nothing he can do now to save his young friend.

She obediently falls into step behind Corbin Fudge as he prances down to long term care. She had always thought he was the most arrogant person she had ever met, he kept talking about his brother Cornelius and how he works at the Ministry, and she sure couldn't understand why the Ministry would ever hire anyone in Fudge's family. The man has no values over making himself seem to be the best person there is, although anyone with eyes could see the falseness of such things.

Her thoughts were interrupted by his loud and very vulgar curse as he walks into the room. She closes her eyes, sending yet another prayer for someone to save Harry. "Where is he," Corbin demands as he walks back out of the room.

"What," she asks dumbfounded. Is it possible the man was able to save his friend without her even knowing, she rushes past Fudge into the room to find the bed which is supposed to hold one John Doe, known to the hospital as Jacen who she learned earlier to be Harry, is now empty. She smiles widely as she realizes he is safe. Forcing her smile away she turns to her boss, "I," she starts and shrugs, "I don't know, he was here ten minutes ago," she tells him honestly.

"Do you expect me to believe he just up and walked out of here," Corbin all but shouts out, "and you want me to believe you had no clue about this," he demands.

"I don't know what happened to him sir," she answers honestly. "I know he was in there ten minutes ago and the last round, Maggie said everything was as it should be," she says acting as confused as she feels. Though her heart is a lot lighter than it had been just a few seconds ago, for now she knows he is safe and with someone who not only knows who he is, but loves him.