Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Final Belonging by JadeLMSkywalker
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Final Belonging

JadeLMSkywalker

Some comments, yes it does seem the Weasleys are a bit slow, but hey. As for Whiskey Company, my brother has the MOS of 63 Whiskey, I just had to stick it in there. Hagrid should be coming up in about two more chapters, so hold on for that one.

A/N: As far as I can tell this story will only be forty-two or forty-three chapters long and I would like to know how many of you think I should even bother with writing another story or not. On this factor, the more the reviews the more likely I will write, thanks again, Jade.

Chapter 31

Slip of the Tongue, Hand and What

The Burrow

The Current Day

"We love to get paid to do mischief," Fred repeats louder this time knowing his words don't even begin to compare with the truth.

"Wait a minute there," David says, "I thought you said he talked you out of joining the battles," he asks.

"He did," George agrees.

"But we had already enlisted," Fred explains.

"Okay," Alexandra says in shock, "now you have lost me," she says with a smile knowing that this is normal with these two.

"Well you see," George says.

"We are in the unit," Fred continues.

"We just don't go to the frontlines all that often," George tells her.

"We do our research and development, espionage and moral work all from our store," Fred tries to explain.

"It is the smartest thing Harry could have done," Ron picks up.

"We have someone here gathering information for us," Charles says continuing the story.

"It gives me at least two of my boys who are near," Molly tells them still thankful to Harry for his choices.

"We go to the camp every Friday to do our job as Moral Specialists, we take pranks, drinks, games and what not for all to play," George continues.

"That explains why you were looking for him," David says but it can be interrupted as a question.

"Yep," Fred says with a nod. "We needed some assistance on one of our many projects, however that one wasn't really for the Company," he admits with a shrug.

"Harry doesn't mind," George agrees.

"He knows we were doing our best and that was all that mattered to him," Fred explains.

"We mark them present on our rosters," Ron continues, "only curtain people know the exact nature of their assignment," he explains.

"So you basically work from behind the scenes," David asks trying to get a hold on what they are trying to explain.

"That's it exactly," they say as one and nod almost ridiculously fast.

A moment of silence follows this as everyone thinks about all that they have learned during their talks. "Okay," David says in a soft voice, "if Harry is the only one who can kill this Lord," he drifts off as he tries to remember the name.

"Voldemort," Hermione says with a smile.

"Right," David says as he smiles in thanks to his daughter, "if Harry is the only one who can kill him. Is he dead or what," he asks.

"That Mr. Granger is a very good question," Dumbledore says in agreement.

"So you don't know," Alexandra asks in shock.

"Neither he nor Harry have been seen since that night," Charles says sadly.

"What does the Ministry think of this," Alexandra asks curious.

"Well, right now they have just announced Harry as," Hermione says and instantly closes her eyes as she realizes what she almost said. Clearing her throat she continues, "However they haven't decided what to make of the lack of his appearance, the Death Eaters seem to be making random attacks as though they are waiting their master's return," she continues. "It's all speculation at best," she finally tells them all in a soft cracking voice.

"Was he even there that night," David asks trying to understand what happened to the man that means so much too so many.

"Voldemort," Hermione asks.

"Yes," David agrees with a nod.

"It was planed at a time when we knew he would be there," Ron says in answer.

"He was there," David answers his own question.

"What do you mean it was planed at a time when you knew he would be there," Molly asks concerned and a little more than angry.