Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Final Belonging by JadeLMSkywalker
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Final Belonging

JadeLMSkywalker

A/N: Thanks to those who reviewed this story, it really helps in continuing to write this. These next two chapters are dedicated to all of you wonderful readers. I hope you enjoy the next two.

Disclaimer: I own nothing, well, maybe the shirt on my back.

Chapter 12

That Bad

The Burrow

Current Day

"You have to be okay," Ron repeats his voice cracking worse than it did all those years ago. For now he not only means it for then, but for now as well. He misses his friend; he wants him to be alright, to be safe, and to return home to where he is loved. To where he is family and always will be.

"He was that bad," Alexandra asks in a shocked voice.

"Madam Pomfrey said if he hadn't been awake when Bill and Charles found him she would've counted him for dead," Hermione confirms.

"She figured he wouldn't make it through the night," Minerva says telling everyone something they didn't know. "His fever was at the point of possible brain damage, he was having seizers nearly every ten minutes that night, and his temperature was over a hundred and four degrees Fahrenheit and rising," she tells them.

"That is way too high for a fever to be," David agrees knowingly. He may be a dentist but he still had to go to med school to become one, so did Alexandra.

"Yes it was, Poppy called me to help with him," Severus says to the shocked group. "I brought every potion I had; we had to place him in an ice bath just to hold his temperature down. By morning we were very surprised he was still among the living, though just barely," he tells them as he too remembers this time, now he remembers it with admiration of the man he knows rather than the boy who got away with it, again.

Right then most of those stood up, "sorry folks," Dean says knowingly, "we all know we are getting to the part where we should not be here," he tells them and those who have stood up nod in agreement. "We'll continue this later, but not now," he says wishing them all goodbye and good evening. After the disturbance was through the smaller group, consisting of the Weasleys, the Grangers, Severus Snape, Minerva McGonagall, and Albus Dumbledore is all that is left.

"Did his fever break," Alexandra asks when she feels it is safe to do so.

"His temperature finally broke the middle of the next day," Minerva continues, "it dropped to a hundred and one, we were so relieved," she confesses.

"However," Dumbledore says getting their attention once again. "We still did not know if he would survive or not, he had by that time slipped into a coma," he tells them and then he smiles at the memory of nearly three days later.

"What are you thinking about," Minerva asks seeing the smile.

"Waking the dead," he says to her and the rest of those in the room who were there smile at the memory as well.

"Waking the dead," Severus asks.

"Yeah well, it seems we were upsetting Madam Pomfrey," Ron says with a knowing smile.

"That's not hard," Flitwick says in agreement.

"Especially for us," Hermione agrees.

"Well out with it then," Alexandra says slightly bumping her daughter shoulder with her own.

"We," Ron starts once again, "Hermione and I wouldn't leave his side," he says.

"It was during these long hours by Harry's side we decided we should try to be friends so we could both still be friends with Harry. We didn't think it would work, we feared Harry would choose between us and we were afraid he'd choose the other one," Hermione continues the story.