Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Final Belonging by JadeLMSkywalker
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Final Belonging

JadeLMSkywalker

Disclaimer: I don't own anything. Everything but the plot (though small as it is) belongs to JK Rowlings and company.

A/N: Thanks to all who reviewed this story, I love reading them and they help me to continue writing this. All though it is difficult to get the time to, again THANK YOU to each and every one of you, Jade Skywalker.

Chapter 10

Reasons of Friendship

The Borrow

Current Day

"He asked me not to tell you unless you asked," Ginny says as she finishes the tale of the infamous break up.

"Wow dear," Alexandra says looking at her blushing daughter, "when you break up you break up," she says with wonder. "Why didn't you tell me all of what happened," she asks after a moment.

"I didn't want you to worry," Hermione whispers embarrassed to have her story come out like this.

"Okay," David says, "now I am totally confused," he says and then instantly adds on, "not that it is too hard to do," he says insulting himself. "If you had such a horrid break up, how is it that two are in the same room let alone still friends," he asks curiously and he finds he can't wait to hear this story.

"Harry, Mr. Granger, Harry," Ron says before Hermione could say anything. "Harry helped to show us we had something more important than our petty arguments, something worth staying friends for," Ron says looking at Hermione's father.

"And that is," David asks.

"Harry," Ginny says with a knowing nod.

"Okay now you have lost me," David says with a small smile and a shake of his head.

"Dad that isn't hard," Hermione says evenly trying to joke even though it the last thing she wants to do.

"I know," her father smiles softly at her knowing what she is trying to do, "however, the question remains. If Harry wasn't there, how is it he could help the two of you to remain friends," he asks.

"Simple," Ron says. "The only reason we even remained in the same room was because we were worried about Harry. Besides you know Harry, he refuses to choose sides, so we knew we had to work out part of our relationship so Harry would have both of his friends," Ron says and then pauses. "Now I do believe I have confused myself," he says with a shake of his head.

"Yes Ron," Hermione agrees, "I do believe it is time for another story to explain what we mean," she says when she sees the confused looks on all but a few faces. "Ron and I had been having our rows, yet now however there was only very few times when we didn't argue; it was when we were trying to figure out where Harry was, and what he had to be going through. We refused to believe he was dead, it was the one time we stubbornly believed the same thing," she says. "When Harry returned a week later," she gasps as she remembers being called to Dumbledore's office, "I was called to the Headmasters office," she says stating the story.