Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Final Belonging by JadeLMSkywalker
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Final Belonging

JadeLMSkywalker

A/N: Anyway, here is the next chapter, where the bread crumbs start to come into play. Thanks to all of you who have reviewed. Thanks again, Jade.

Chapter 29

Asking Directions

Location Unknown

England

The Current Day

Hagrid looks around him as he takes in all of the people of the town as they too look at him. Shock is evident on their faces, his size they know to be impossible, yet here he is disproving this fact. Hagrid decides to do something at the spur of the moment, something he realizes no one else has done or even thought of doing, ask the Muggles if they have seen anyone or something, anything at this point. He almost smacks himself for not thinking about this in the past four towns.

Looking to the one he knows to be dressed in some type of Law Enforcement clothing, "I'm lookin' for someo'e,' he says trying to keep his speech understandable.

The Muggle in front of him looks up and up, until his eyes rest upon a very evidently sad and worried face, "who might is it you are looking for," he asks authoritatively.

"Harry," Hagrid says instantly and then realizes they may not know what or who Harry is. "A 'oy about this tal'" he says putting his right hand out to a little over two meters tall, "'lack hair," he continues, "and a scar on his 'orehead," he says pointing to his own forehead as he tries to explain his best friend.

The Muggle is startled by this description, can it be, he asks himself, "what kind of scar," he demands.

"'ightenin' shape," Hagrid answers his question instantly.

The Muggle stairs at the giant before him, "I went down to the lower part of the island a while ago," he starts, "in the southern district, they have a Jon Doe who fit your description," he says.

"Is he 'kay," Hagrid asks excitedly.

"I'm not really sure," the Muggle says trying not to upset this giant. He doesn't want a disturbance, he doesn't want to be the one to try and subdue this man.

Hagrid holds his breath, "did 'ou see 'im," he asks knowing his hopes are failing quickly.

The man nods slowly, "he didn't look good when I was there and that was when they first brought him in," he admits slowly.

Hagrid reaches into his pocket and quickly removes a map, startling all the Muggles there as they jump back away from the giant. "Can you s'ow me w'ere on this," he asks hopefully.

The man again nods as he steps forward, "I would be glad to," he says but his mind speaks up, just to get you out of here.