Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Final Belonging by JadeLMSkywalker
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Final Belonging

JadeLMSkywalker

Disclaimer: Alas I own nothing.

A/N: Here's the next chapter, I hope you enjoy it. It's one of the, few, comic chapters in this story. I just wanted to say thanks to those who have reviewed. Well I'll stop rambling now and let you get to the story. Please R/R, Jade.

Chapter 21

Let's Get You (Trapped) Together

Quidditch Pitch

Hogwarts

The Past

Ginny steps into the familiar area she once played first Seeker, in place of Harry during his fifth year, and then as Beater, her true position on the team. She steps into the center of the Pitch as memories of times long since passed flood inter her willing mind. A smile, which is almost foreign, crosses her face. "Hey Ginny what are you doing here," a voice says from behind her. A voice she has known all of her life.

Without turning around she answers, "Hey Ron, I got a note from Harry to come here," she answers. "How about you," she asks in return wondering what it is Harry is up to now.

"Ron, Ginny," another voice asks in surprise before Ron can answer question.

"Neville," Ron asks knowing things between him and his sister has turned sour somewhere along the way, just like between him and Lavender.

As though answering his thoughts Ginny calls out in surprise, "Lavender," just as her brother knows of the problems, the pressures between her and Neville, she know of the tension between him and Lavender.

"OKAY HARRY," Ron yells out in question. "What is going on here," he shouts out.

In answer to his question, another well known voice chuckles causing everyone to turn and face in the direction of the voice knowing they have just been set up. "Harry," Ron yells out at his friend, anger evident in his voice and stance. Harry knows damn well the problems between all of them, why would he put them through this.

Harry looks down upon him from his viewpoint from the teachers' box in the stands. Jumping up on the banister he sits on the edge with his feet dangling over the side of the hundred plus meter drop. "HARRY," Ginny shrieks out in terror and concern for his safety.

Harry ignores the both of them, "Welcome," he calls out to his captive audience, who are going to find out just how captive they really are. "Welcome," he says again, "To Potter's Torture Chamber," he says spreading his arms wide to indicate the Pitch.

"What are you going on about," Ron shouts knowing Harry would never harm them.

"Think of this as a test," Harry says standing on the edge of the banister and starts to pace back and forth on it causing both Ron and Ginny to look on in horror.

"A test," Lavender calls out wondering just what is going on here.

"Yes Lavender, a test," Harry says in confirmation.

"What kind of test is it," Neville asks in a voice reminiscent of their school days.

"Very good question Neville," Harry says as he pauses in his pacing only to continue once again.

"WELL," Ron shouts out wanting to be as far away from Lavender as he can possibly be.

"Ah," Harry says and a small smile crosses his face for a fleeting moment. Harry then drops down to sit on the banister causing both Ginny and Lavender to gasp with fright and Ron and Neville to look away so they don't see him splatter at the bottom. "The rules then," he says calmly telling them they can look at him, he says this as though he was asked about the rules. "The four of you are stuck here," he says once again opening his arms indicating the field. He stops as the four of them erupt into arguing against this fact. Harry sits there visibly twiddling his thumbs and looking around and up at the sky as he ignores their protests. After three minutes of listening to their shouts he starts to nonchalantly whistle to the inaudible tune in his head as he slowly swings his legs allowing them to hit softly yet noisily against the banister.

Once the irate group on the ground realizes the cause of their anger is ignoring them completely, they quickly settle down. Harry tries hard not to laugh at how long it took them to come to the right conclusion. However he's successful for the only sound is coming from him as he drums his feet alternately against the banister and his whistle. Deciding to make them wait a bit longer, he continues to look anywhere but down and to continue annoying them. Finally after two minutes or so Harry stops and looks down at them and if they had been closer they would be able to see not only the mischief but the delight in his eyes. "Done are you," he asks them as though he is just noticing the silence. He receives angry grunts in answer.

"As I was saying," Harry says ignoring them completely, "the four of you are stuck here in Potter's Torture Chamber," he restates what he had said earlier.

"For how long," Neville asks worriedly.

"For as long as it takes," Harry answers in return. "You will find all exists to the Pitch to be blocked by shields, this includes up Ron," he says seeing the look in his friends' eyes. "These shields have been found to be nearly impossible to break, I do believe Professor Dumbledore is the only known Wizard to be able to," he informs them. He pauses to let this sink in, when he feels they understand they are truly stuck here he continues, "There is one restroom, it is sectioned off and suited for both sexes," he tells them. "These restroom are also equipped with showers," he explains to them, "incase you drag this out to its extreme," he says with a scowl of his own, he knows how stubborn his red headed family can be. "I can be just as, if not more stubborn than you," he warns them and they instantly know he is speaking the truth. "Meals will be provided at the normal times for Hogwarts," he continues. "There will be a table with the food there, which will appear at the time, if you try to take food away from the table," he pauses here so they know he means business. "Be warned," he continues after a beat, "it will explode," he pauses again letting that set in.

"The table will appear, however no food will appear until all four of you are sitting down at it," he continues with the rules. "You will have only ten minutes to sit down before the table takes your absence to mean you don't want anything and will disappear," he informs them. "It will appear in the center of the Pitch," he tells them seeing the worry in their stances.

"Now if you really are planning on taking this to the extreme, bedding will appear at nine at night, once again in the center of the Pitch. The bedding is stationary and cannot be moved," he continues to explain to them. "If the weather gets bad, not to worry, the shield that keeps you in will keep it out," he tells them. "If you so choose to not use the bedding, this is your choice," he remains quiet for a second. "Any questions on these rules," he asks.

"What kind of test is this," Ginny asks shocked at the forethought placed into all this. She knows all of the planning and preparation it must have taken is large. She knows she may not like what he is doing, but she appreciates it all the same. She knows he only wants to help them; she loves him all the more for it.

"That my dear little sister, depends on the four of you," he answers cryptically.

Ron huffs at this, "Damn it Potter," he growls out, "I get enough of this on the field," he shouts out frustrated. "What is the desired result of this BLOODY OPERATION," he demands knowingly.

Harry smirks at his reaction and comment, "why can't we all just get along," he asks smoothly as he twists around on the banister and stands up.

"Harry," Ron yells out trying to figure out what is going on, when Harry starts to walk away a fear grows in Ron's heart, "HARRY JAMES POTTER YOU LET US OUT OF HERE THIS INSTANT," he shouts as loud as he can to the disappearing figure of his friend and brother. "YOU HEAR ME, HARRY," he shouts again as he runs to the nearest exit where his friend can be seen walking back to the school. "HARRY," he shouts out, now pleading with his friend, begging to be away from Lavender. "Harry," he whispers knowing it is no use. "Damn you Harry," he says with a small knowing smile and a shake of his head. "What am I to do with you," he questions shaking his head as he looks over at his smiling sister, "what we are going to do with him," Ron asks as he points his thumb over his shoulder towards their disappearing friend.

"Love him Ron," she says with a small chuckle, "love him with all our hearts," she tells him smiling wider.