Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Final Belonging by JadeLMSkywalker
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Final Belonging

JadeLMSkywalker

Chapter 15

Wrong Conclusions

Past

Hermione's Flat

Hogsmeade

Hermione looks at the clock on the wall, knowing Harry is to show up in half an hour. She quickly wipes her eyes dry trying to control her emotions, trying to tell herself again she is doing the right thing. She drops onto her couch in defeat. She loves him, and she knows he doesn't love her.

For two years now, since he returned from his top secret assignment, they have been getting together at least four to twelve times a week. Hermione has loved their time together, it is during this time she learned something she never thought about. She has fallen head over heals in love with Harry Potter. She waited day after day, week after week, and month after month for him to ask her out on a real date. Yet he hasn't. It was two days ago, after dropping a very large hint for him, she realized he doesn't love her. He only sees her as his friend and nothing more. It was then she decided it for the best to call it all off, to tell him she never wanted to see him again.

As she thinks this tears start to form in her eyes again as her heart starts to shatter all over again. She loves him and he doesn't return her feelings. She knows she should be happy just being with him, even as his friend, but she needs to feel loved in return. She needs someone to love her; she needs Harry to love her.

Her thoughts are interrupted by a knock on the door, she looks at the door knowing this will be the last time she will more than likely ever see him. For she is about to push him away from her, so far away he will never want to come close to her again. She slowly stands up, "come in Harry," she calls out to him knowing in her heart this will be the last time she ever will, though she didn't really believe it.

Harry slowly opens the door to her flat and steps into the room, Hermione instantly picks up on the hesitation in his step, it is as though he knows what is about to happen here today. This instantly pisses off Hermione more than she has been in many years. How dare he know what she is to do, how dare, he come here and act nervous, act as though he can solve her problems. She decides then and there to make sure he won't be able to say a word.

"Harry," she says in a growl. "I want you to know three things," she says looking him in his green loving eyes. Eyes she would love to drown in for the rest of her days. Eyes she knows she will never see again. Harry nods his head once telling her to continue. "I love you," she whispers, his eyes snap up to hers instantly, "but I know you could never love me," she continues. Harry opens his mouth to talk, "SHUT UP," she thunders at him. He snaps his mouth closed again and she is surprised when she sees a different look in his eyes, a look of fear, of horror, of the coming of death. "I also know I can't pretend to be your friend anymore, I wanted more, I tried to tell you before and you never listened, you never cared. We are through," she shouts at him. Her heart drops as she sees the pain rise in his beautiful eyes. "I never want to see you again," she shouts at him, her anger getting the best of her.

"As you wish," he whispers softly causing her heart to tear in two. He looks down at the floor hiding his eyes from her view. "I wish you well Ms. Granger, I wish you a happy life," he continues. He turns around and heads back to the door; he opens the door and steps through it. With one last look at her she sees the tears in his eyes for the first time and her heart stops as she realizes what she has just done, "I'm sorry," he whispers to her as he closes the door.

As she hears the click of the door she instantly wants to see him again, to take him in her arms and hold him, to protect him from the pain she has caused him. She runs to the door and throws it open hoping to find him still there. Her heart drops as she finds the hallway empty, empty like her heart. "HARRY," she cries out in a sob. "What have I done," she whimpers as she slides down the wall in tears. "Harry," she cries as she wraps her arms around her legs. "I'll find you," she promises herself. "I will find you Harry, I don't want to live without you, I can't live without you, I can't live without you, I don't want to," she sobs out loudly. "What have I done," she whimpers into her knees, "what have I done," she cries out again.