Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Final Belonging by JadeLMSkywalker
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Final Belonging

JadeLMSkywalker

A/N: Thank you to all who have read this story and for those of you who have reviewed, an extra thank you to you.

Chapter 6

Dreams of the Impossible

The Borrow

Current Day

Hermione looks over at Ron, "what does that have to do with the reason," she asks exasperated. She has always hated the retelling of that time, let alone the memory of it. She considers it one of her more horrid nightmares, though it still can't touch the truth of this day, this past month, even this past year.

"The reason I was so nervous on that day," Ron says as his wife give him a reassuring smile. "Well, I'd known for a long time as it was Harry that loved you," he says with a quiet whisper.

Hermione gasps at his words, "I think you must be mistaken Ron," she says after a moment.

"I don't think so," Ron says shaking his head knowingly. "He loved you since the first ride on the Hogwarts Express," he tells her. "He just didn't want or know how to say anything, or if he should," he says to her honestly.

"And you expect me to believe this," Hermione asks exasperated, refusing to believe, refusing to hope her dreams where true all this time and she never noticed it.

"Yes," Dumbledore says stopping the arguing between friends.

Hermione turns her head to her former Headmaster and raises her eyebrow in question, "now, you expect me to believe you," she asks with less conviction than a moment ago.

"I expect you to believe the truth," Dumbledore corrects. "You see there is a vast difference there," he says with a small smile but the twinkle in his eyes is gone.

Hermione nods her head in acceptance of his words; she has always been one to accept logic, truth, well, more importantly something you can prove. "If he loved me as the two of you say," she is interrupted here by her mother.

"If you are counting dear then you better count your father and me," she says placing an arm around her shoulder.

"You and daddy," Hermione asks shocked as she looks over at her parents, her father nods his head in agreement and then so does her mother.

"You might as well add me as well," Ginny says.

"Me too," Neville says agreeing with his wife.

"Me as well," Severus Snape says with a small smile.

"Me and the rest of his battalion," Tonks says with a nod of agreement.

"You can add the two of us," Fred says pointing to himself and George.

"I think it's safe to say you can add the whole family dear," Molly agrees with her children and adds the rest of them as well.

"And the staff of Hogwarts," Minerva says with a smile.

"And the students of Hogwarts," Dean says with a smirk.

"Basically everyone but you," Ron finishes.

Hermione is taken aback by this news, "if," she starts and finds she is unable to form a complete thought. "If," she starts again swallowing roughly, "all of what you say is true, why didn't he act on it," she asks, "why didn't he say something," she pleads, almost begs of them, of herself. "Why didn't he tell me," she whispers.

"I do believe I can help you with that," Dumbledore says as he sits down in the chair he just conjured up. He reaches over the side and pulls up a book that resembles a journal of some sort. Dumbledore slowly opens the book and flips through the pages until he finds what he is looking for, clearing his throat he begins to read, "September the First, year six, My Dearest Grandfather and Grandmother," he says causing everyone to look at each other in confusion. They know for a fact Harry has no living relatives, yet if this is from Harry why would he address it as such.