Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Final Belonging by JadeLMSkywalker
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Final Belonging

JadeLMSkywalker

A/N: Thirty-three down Nine or Ten to go. Thanks to all of you who have reviewed. Anyway thanks again, Jade.

Chapter 33

Personal Property

England, Southern Part

Exact Location Unknown

The Current Day

The glass doors swish open, startling the large man who is standing there with a look of total amazement on his face. The doors begin to close once again causing the giant to rush forward, afraid he will no longer be able to enter. To his amazement they open again to allow him passage once again, he rushes through the opening doors not wanting to be stuck outside and unable to locate his young friend.

Stepping off the rug he jumps again as the doors close automatically behind him. He stands there looking at the glass doors wondering if they are going to open again or not. He watches in surprise as a couple of Muggles walk unconcerned towards the door and they don't even hesitate as the doors quickly open and then close behind them. Hagrid stands there for a moment wondering if the doors can sense when someone wants in or out. He shrugs pushing the thought aside.

Turing around, he resumes his search. He is pleased to quickly locate a desk with a couple of ladies sitting behind it. He makes his way over to them, hoping against hope he will receive good news. The youngest of the two look up as she automatically starts her greeting, "Good Morn," she instantly stops when her mind registers the size of the man before her.

"Morin'," Hagrid greets easily.

The lady swallows, "H-How can I help you sir," she asks trying to hide her shock.

"I'm 'ookin' for someone," he says and then thinks about it some more. "O' course I 'm," he fixes. "This man 'aid I coul' find a John Dow here," he explains further.

The older lady finally looks up and she takes a swallow in shock, "we," she starts over as she clears her throat. "We currently have seven John Doe's here," she informs the giant of a man. "Would you be able to give us a description of the person you are looking for," she adds quickly seeing the smile fall off his face.

"He's 'bout this tall," Hagrid begins again as he did with the Law Enforcement Muggle. "He has 'reen eyes, brown 'air, and a 'ightenin' sha'ed 'car on 'is 'orehead," he says pointing to his own forehead making a drawing of it there.

The older lady cranes her neck to get a better look at the man before her, if you can call him that. she knows who he is talking about and she also knows this man is very attached to his friend, just as it seems his friend was attached to him, she just wishes she is and yet at the same time isn't the one to have to inform him of their news. "Yes, he was here," she whispers regrettably.

"W's" Hagrid asks gently.

She swallows again hating this part of her job, "when he came in his heart had stopped in route," she says knowingly forgetting patient confidentiality, well, not forgetting, but having the patients permission with this man, she thinks. "Upon arrival we were able to restart his heart only to have to restart it five times within the next two days. He was listed as critically injured, it appeared as though he had been through one helluva war," she drifts off not knowing how to explain it. "By the fifth day he had slipped into a coma and the doctors say he'll never wake. They were surprised he had survived that long; the hospital has since transferred him to London General. I hope he is still alive," she answers finally, knowing the young man has done something no one has been able to for many years, he touched her heart. "shortly after he came in he awoke for a moment, he asked me to give information about him and his personal belongings to his friend who will come looking for him, a giant of a man," she says shocked with the foresight of her patient. "What is your name sir," she asks hopefully.

Hagrid is surprised to say the least, Harry knew he would be here, he knew he would come looking for him. Harry knew he wouldn't believe he was dead until he could find proof, physical, irrefutable proof of his death. Harry knew, "my 'ame is Rubius Hagrid, bu' I go 'y Hagrid," he answers truthfully. He pauses for a moment as the lady before him smiles brightly back at him.

"Hello Mr. Hagrid, it is a pleasure to finally meet you," she says still smiling. "Give me a moment and I will go get," she pauses, "what is his name," she asks knowing she is finally going to learn the young man's name.

"Harry," Hagrid says with a visible rise of his beard letting the ladies know he is smiling.

"I'll be back with Harry's belongings," she says with a brighter smile.

As she leaves Hagrid takes this moment to look around, and finds himself reading a poem in a frame behind the counter, a small poem. A poem Hagrid feels fits the moment.

Angel, angel far away,

Come back

And on my shoulder lay

Guide me,

When my will is weak,

Guard me,

In my slumber deep

Play with me,

When all are gone

Take me,

When my days are done

By Fran (Baby Gurl) Smith

Hagrid rereads the entry a couple more times until the lady returns after a few moments. Handing over the bag she says, "I can't understand why he was so worried about a pair of drumsticks, but he would only release them to me and only me, after I gave my word that I would protect them with my life. He said you would know what to do with them and that you would get them to the man he calls grandfather or even his grandmother," she pauses as she tries to remember exactly how he called them. "He said their names were something like, Dumbdoor and MacGoneatall, do you know them," she asks hopefully.

Hagrid wonders for a moment what she is talking about, but he realizes whatever it is, it is important enough to take either to the Headmaster or the Deputy Headmistress. He nods his head and then decides it is best to get the location of were he was sent to next. "I do," he nods in agreement still clueless as to the drumstick part. "I will take them to Professor Dumbledore or Professor McGonagall, can you tell me how to get to where he is now from here," he asks hopefully, clutching the bag almost desperately in his large hands.

"I will be more than happy too," she says with a relieved smile as she takes his offered map. "Before you go," she says as she remembers something else the young man had asked her to tell this man. "He said thank you for following the bread crumbs and soon they should come to an end," she says with a raised eyebrow and she shakes her head. "Does that mean anything to you," she asks as she sees him standing there with wide eyes.

"Yes 't does," he agrees. "A per'onal jo'e," he says trying to figure out how to tell her something without causing her to think them weird.

She smiles at this and nods her head in understanding, in the short time he was awake he made her smile more than she has in many a year. "I hope you find him," she tells him honestly and heartfelt.

"Than' you, I ho'e so to," Hagrid agrees taking the map back and with a last smile and a wave, "than's aga'n," he calls as he leaves the hospital in search of another one.