Unofficial Portkey Archive

Black, White and Red by Barmy_old_Codger
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Black, White and Red

Barmy_old_Codger

Disclaimer: Any characters you recognize from the first 6 books in the Harry Potter series by J K Rowling belong to the aforementioned J K Rowling. I am simply playing with them for my amusement, and to see what kind of reaction I can get.

Alright for now you have to put up with my bad grammar and lousy spelling … the bonus is that you 'might' get updates quicker.

(11) Togetherness

Whatever he was going to finish saying he never had a chance. Hermione pounced on him with such force they both toppled off the bench and rolled on the grass before coming to a stop with Hermione on top attempting to kiss a shocked Harry,

Harry, dazed from hitting his head on the ground, and, to say the least, surprised by the attack didn't respond to her attempts to kiss him until he heard between her kiss attempts, "I thought Ron was thick … you big oaf … took you long enough … I love you too … Boys!" After finally getting a feeble response to her attempts she collapsed on him mumbling, "My lumpy pillow … mine … mine … mine."

Finally starting to come to his senses all he could see was spots and streaks of light as if looking up through the thick canopy of the Forbidden Forest. His arms wrapped around her, their faces, cheek to cheek, he felt her hair draped over his eyes and realized that was what was blocking his vision. Other revelations slowly dawned on him and a smile formed on his lips. As his mind processed her last few words, when he recognized 'thick' & 'oaf' his smile started to fade until 'I love you too' came through the fog that was still dissipating through his mind and 'mine, mine, mine'. The biggest smile formed on his face as he hugged her tight in his dawning realization that she loved him back.

Tears leaked from her eyes as she lay there on top of him, some fell to the ground and others were trapped in her eye lashes and their hair. She didn't have to hold him tight as she was lying on top of him revelling in his warmth and his, albeit reluctant, admission of love for her. She finally recognized the feeling of him in the back of her mind as it changed from shock and surprise to happiness followed by pleasure. After she wriggled to a more comfortable position, trying to match his lumps to her hollows, she felt something growing and hard against her thigh. She gasped, "Ohhh," as she realized what it must be and hugged him tighter while she blushed.

As she squirmed on top of him he could distinctly feel her breasts against his chest as well as her legs, hips and stomach find more comfortable locations against him. It was then he realized with embarrassment that his pants seemed to be getting tighter as 'little Harry' grew to full size. When her thigh moved to give 'Little Harry' more space, he whispered in her ear, "That's your fault you know." Followed soon after by "What are you going to do about it?" in an impish voice.

She relaxed her grip and raised her head to look him in the eyes, before moving her leg back to grind her thigh into his erection. Harry groaned as his hands came up to move her hair out of the way before pulling her closer for a heated kiss. Her tongue responded first through her lips, searching for an opening into his mouth. When he responded their tongues duelled for a moment before slipping past to explore and taste each other.

Hermione ground her thigh into him again and he groaned into her mouth before trying to speak the words, "Trouble maker" and "Tease". He brought his hands down and placed them gently on her waist with his thumbs trying reach across her stomach. Then he slowly brought his hands up her torso until his thumbs and palms were cupping her breasts. He moved his thumbs around in circles brushing her nipples on each slow pass. He could feel them harden after a few moments, she then groaned in pleasure into his mouth as he brought his knee up spreading her legs.

Their lips and tongues finally separated as the need for air became inescapable. Her head slipped to its former position beside his, cheek to cheek, and their breathing gradually slowed. His thumbs slowed, but never stopped moving against her breasts so she kept her thigh in motion against his hardness. They both whispered "I love you." Into each others ears at the same time.

After her breathing had recovered as much as possible, considering Harry was still massaging her, she tried to roll off him. He followed her and rolled over too. His elbows and knees were now supporting his weight, she was trapped beneath him, as he cradled her head in his hands and brought his lips to hers.

She snaked her arms between his and placed her hands on his chest. As she worked her hands over him, she could feel the quivering stomach and chest muscles he was using to hold himself up and keep his weight off her. She knew the Quidditch training helped his physique but she was still amazed by his trim but well toned body. They eventually had to break apart and he rolled onto his right side rather than collapse on top of her since his muscles were spent from lack of oxygen. He used his right arm to support his head while his left was now on her stomach.

As Hermione rolled to face him, a huge smile on her face, his hand flowed up and onto her waist while her free hand migrated over to him. While their hands roamed, trying to find new places to explore, their breathing and heart rate slowly approached normal. When the heat in her lower belly dissipated, Hermione could feel a significant dampness that was partly being absorbed into her knickers. She groaned, she wanted to bring Harry's hand down to feel her wetness, her reaction to his ministrations, as she had felt his reaction to her. They lay there, watching the twinkles of happiness in each others eyes and the different smiles on their faces as their hands continued to roam unchecked. Harry began to feel a slight dampness in his crotch too. He knew he hadn't created a full environmental disaster down there, he barely managed to hold that back, but something must have leaked out.

As Harry's watch went past his eyes he noticed that it was after five and they should have left for Oxford. He whispered to her that they were running late and needed to go, but she wasn't ready to move yet. Little Winging would have to sink into the North Sea for her to move. After 3 attempts, he figured that if he got up, she might follow. It wasn't that he wanted to break up the earth shattering event; he simply didn't want to upset her parents by arriving too much later than expected.

As he moved, she grudgingly followed, she wasn't going to let him get away, she thought to herself, 'mine, mine, mine' and she knew it was true. She had felt him in the back of her mind again and knew he was thrilled and happy beyond belief. For quite a while after they had rolled over, she saw red and gold sparks emanate from his head and upper torso. Her peripheral vision didn't extend further south so she didn't see if the effect was all over him. He had been radiating magic again, happy magic this time. She sighed and finally got up taking his hand, then whispered in a soft voice, "About time Potter.", before looking around to see if the area was clear of muggles and apparating them back to her room at the Dursleys.

"What do you mean, about time." He asked.

"Get your bags and we'll meet downstairs." She replied.

"I should take a shower." He said.

"Cold or hot?" She asked.

"Both, and in that order." Harry responded.

"Me too." She said then asked in a teasing voice, "If we do it together we could wash each others backs?"

"I don't think washing your back would be my first choice, but I'm sure I'd get around to it eventually." He teased right back to her.

Hermione squirmed in delight at the suggestion and Harry noticed. "Considering the idea are you?"

"Maybe … no time right now … get your stuff and meet downstairs in five minutes

They sent Hedwig off, collected their belongings, locked their doors and met in the living room to say goodbye to the Dursleys. "We'll be back in a week, do you want me to call or send my owl to let you know exactly when?"

"Call or don't bother coming back." Said Vernon in a gruff voice. Harry ignored him and Petunia simply said "Bye," but she motioned with her hand towards the back yard.

The teens went out back and Petunia soon followed. Harry talked to Aunt Petunia, he told her they would be back sometime Monday, he wasn't sure what time, but he would try to let her know on Sunday. Harry warned her that this house was on record as his place of residence and when Dumbledore's protection charms expired on his birthday this house would be vulnerable to attack by Voldemort and his followers.

Petunia thanked him … then she told him she had watched them yesterday in the back yard and asked, "Who was the cat lady."

"That's Professor McGonagall, she's the new Headmistress since Dumbledore died."

"Oh … and that large flame … didn't look like that was supposed to happen."

"No, it was supposed to be much smaller." Said Hermione.

"Quick thinking on your part to block the flame with water to protect your girlfriend."

Hermione watched Harry's reaction to the word 'girlfriend' and he didn't flinch.

"Lucky I was watching closely and have good reflexes."

"I didn't see you use a wand."

"You don't miss much, I didn't use a wand."

"I thought you needed one to do magic?"

"If you have enough magical power you don't need one. We're just learning to do without our wands now; both our wands have been in our rooms since we got here."

"You two reminded me of James and Lilly, they used to sit in Mom and Dad's back yard and try to outdo each other with little magic tricks. I used to hate that I couldn't do those things. Lilly and I were never the best of friends, but we got along alright. I can't help but feel that if Lilly hadn't married your Dad she might still be here."

Harry sighed and Hermione said, "We're past due to leave, my parents will be wondering where we are, Good bye Mrs. Dursley."

"Good bye Aunt Petunia"

And Petunia actually said good bye and wished them well.

Hermione called Fawkes and in moments they were in her bedroom in Oxford. After a quick kiss Harry went to his room to drop off his bags, she hastily wrote a note to Mrs. Figg and Fawkes left with it. They met at the top of the stairs and joined hands before looking down. By then Emma was at the bottom looking up to ascertain what the noise was.

Hermione's voice rang out "Something sure smells good, what's for supper?"

"Your favourite, Honey … you kids wash up, it'll be ready in a minute." They did and all four of them gathered at the kitchen table. "Harry, you said treat you like family and family usually eats in the kitchen."

"I wouldn't have it any other way", he said.

They found their seats between Emma and Dan who were already seated and looking knowingly at each other.

Dan asked, "Did you have a good visit with your Aunt and Uncle?"

"It started out badly, but actually turned out alright", said Harry.

"At least it ended well", said Emma.

"Your Mother thinks something happened since you left here yesterday. One of you start talking." Dan said as he looked alternately at Hermione and Harry.

Harry and Hermione looked at each other trying to figure out if her Mother could possibly know about last night or today.

"Dig in, it's getting cold." Said Emma, we can talk during and after."

"What makes you think something happened." Asked Hermione.

"Your body language, a smile here and a smirk there, both your attitudes are lighter and you were holding hands at the top of the stairs. Tell me I'm a crazy old bat or tell me what happened?"

"Mum, I know some crazy old bats and you don't qualify … yet."

"Keep talking, you two can take turns if you want."

"We learned some more magic … we can look into each others memories now and I started to catch up to Harry with wandless magic." She said as she held her hand out and conjured a glass of water in her hand. She had hoped this would distract her Mother, but, alas no.

"That's nice honey, keep talking." She said in a flat voice.

"Oh Merlin, alright, I got upset at Harry today and sort of threatened to date someone else."

"Hermione!" Said Emma in a stern voice.

I had to do something to get a reaction, I'd have had to wait another six years for him to do it on his own." She sighed.

"Then what happened." Emma asked softly.

"I could feel he was upset, but I had to push some more," she said as she reached across the table for Harrys hand, "He finally admitted he wanted me, he told me he loved me, I knew it was true."

Emma got up, scurried over and hugged her daughter, then went around the table and hugged Harry. Dan gave Hermione's other hand a squeeze and winked at her then turned to Harry and said, "She's been talking our ears off for years about you Son, I sure hope this works out for both of you."

Hermione let out a breath she didn't know she was holding, she had been more concerned about how her Father would react than her Mother. They are both happy, life will be good. Harry had sensed Hermione's feelings in the back of his mind and she was very happy, his concern evaporated instantly into happiness too. She looked up at him, having sensed his changed mood, and could see in his mind that he was now as linked to her feelings as she was to his.

Dan was now watching the two of them watching each other and their very happy faces. "Are you guys mind reading or something, I feel something is going on between you?"

"Sorry Dad, Harry finally found the link to my feelings and now we can sense each others feelings, it's really quite incredible, and yes we can also 'read' as you put it, each others minds."

Dan and Emma were especially interested in the mind reading and how much they could actually see in another persons mind.

Hermione explained that once they learned it properly, they could find there way through someone's memories and find memories from their past along with their feelings. "For example," she said. "Mum, I could find your memory of when Daddy proposed to you, and feel how happy you were. Her parents looked at each other remembering the event and how embarrassed they'd be if anyone saw it. We wouldn't do that without your permission, it would be unethical. When we were practicing, we made up images in our minds for the other to see. There's another part of that magic that we have to learn and it involves blocking the mind so that someone else can't get in and look around."

"We've forgotten to eat." Said Harry.

"Ohhh," said Emma and they all dug in to the excellent supper after the teens reheated the food magically.

When that discussion wound down, supper was over and Harry helped Emma clear the remains away.

Emma wanted to know what they did yesterday when they left here. They talked about the Weasleys and about going back there tomorrow for lunch and didn't expect to be back for supper. They left out Harry's talk with Ginny. They started talking about the trip to the bank and Harry hoping he had enough money left for school. Then they were taken to the bank Managers office and Harry was worried that he must already be overdrawn. Then how they found out he had a vault full of gold, some from Sirius Will, and two properties, Grimmauld Place he already knew about, and his parents had owned the house on Privet Drive where he lived with the Dursleys. He explained that he'd split some of the money up and gave it to the Weasleys and some for Remus and he wanted to add Hermione's name to his vault. This was when Harry pulled out a little gold key and put it in the middle of the table.

"Now hold on here," said Dan "I … don't know if I like this …"

"First," interrupted Harry, "Hermione objected just as strongly as you are, until I told her the purpose of this is to keep the Dursleys from getting any more of the gold than necessary should anything happen to me. She went along with that, but insisted that your names be added to the vault as well."

"You really dislike your Aunt and Uncle that much?"

"Absolutely," said Harry. "Although Aunt Petunia did seem to soften up a bit just before we left today. She told us that when she saw us out in the back yard practicing magic it reminded her of my parents. It actually seemed like Aunt Petunia did care … a little."

Hermione had stayed out of the conversation as they had agreed and tried to keep a neutral expression on her face. Emma wasn't saying anything either, but kept a close eye on the other three until she asked, "Just how much gold are we talking about?"

Harry looked at Hermione quickly before answering, "There are over two hundred thousand galleons at the moment."

Dan and Emma gaped at each other; they knew the conversion was a little over five pounds to the galleon. Far from being a pauper, Harry had a lot of money, well, gold. That amount didn't make him rich, but he or they could work at whatever they liked and not worry about how much they were paid.

"Take the key and hold on to it. It's as much to keep the gold out of my Uncles hands as anything else. I'm not asking you to use the key, though you're welcome to all the gold in there. When I expressed my feelings about the Dursleys, Ragnok recommended I make a Will by the end of the month to avoid the gold going automatically to them. Putting another name on the vault in the interim would limit the amount they could claim. My Will wouldn't be legal until after I'm seventeen."

"We feel very strange going along with this and I hope you don't expect this to change how we feel about you or how protective we are of our little girl." Said Emma.

"I hope you don't feel that this is some kind of attempt to gain your daughters favour or your approval. I have unwavering confidence in Hermiones integrity and you appeared to approve of me until this discussion. I don't expect your opinion of me to change because of this key.