Unofficial Portkey Archive

Black, White and Red by Barmy_old_Codger
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Black, White and Red

Barmy_old_Codger

Pursuant to the Berne Convention Implementation Act of 1988 and the Digital Millennium Copywrite Act of 1998, this work is copywrited 2007 with all rights expressly reserved by its author unless explicitly granted. No portion may be reproduced in any fashion without the express written and notarized permission of the author.

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Harry Potter characters. All characters are creations of Joanne K Rowling, © 2007, to whom I am deeply indebted.

Standard Disclaimer: This story may contain sexually graphic and explicit material and it is not suitable for minors. If you are a minor, please leave now, as it is illegal for you to be here. If it is illegal for you to read or view sexually explicit material in the community you view such material, please leave now. This story and characters are purely fictional and any resemblance to events or persons (living or dead) is purely coincidental. If you are offended by sexually explicit stories, please read no further. These stories are just that, stories, and may or may not reflect the opinions of the author.

A/N: I'm squeezing this chapter in before I leave - pun intended. I was convinced by 'the scribbler' that the above disclaimer was necessary as much as I abhor the idea. The scribbler also Beta'd this chapter, my thanks to him. - read on.

(29) Birthday Boy

In the morning they awoke to a gooey, sticky, crusty feeling that didn't take long to sort out. A couple of quick cleaning spells and the mess was taken care of; allowing them to cuddle in comfort. Harry managed to change positions and soon had Hermione's bum spooned into his crotch. His member, growing fully hard as it warmly nestled between her southern cheeks, the hesitancy of last night was gone. Harry had moved enough of her hair aside to nibble and kiss the back of her neck, making his way around to her jaw and ear lobe. His left hand, during the nibbling, made its way around her and was cupping a breast while his thumb and forefinger worked on the nipple. Hermione was squeezing her other breast and nipple while trying to frustrate Harry's attempt to extricate her nightgown from between her legs. The attempt at frustration didn't last long as Hermione's excitement grew. Her breathing became faster, her heart pounding in her chest under Harry's hand … her desire to have his hand, his fingers, buried deep in her sex took over, she opened her legs as best she could in her sideways position and guided his hand into her wet core, showing him what she needed, guiding his fingers. As she wiggled and moaned she also managed to squeeze her butt cheeks around his throbbing member causing him to groan, thrust and moan in response.

While Harry was fingering her sex his other hand was holding her tight to his chest. They both stretched, wiggled, arched and jerked into a sexual climax like neither of them had experienced before. Hermione could feel his initial jet of release through her clenching of his organ, he exclaimed her name. The sensation of his spurt and the loving way he groaned after saying her name took her over the edge of her mindless ecstasy, she screamed "Harrrrryyyyyyyyy" as her legs slammed tight together trapping his hand, she then fell into the glorious abyss of completion.

Harry held on to her lovingly as they both drifted back to sleep, one hand still trapped in her sex. After regaining consciousness and releasing Harry's hand, they once again cleaned their play area before making their way to the showers.

While making an early lunch both their rings became warm indicating a message. The message was from Ron, Bill and Fleur had to cancel, however, Fred and George wanted to bring Alicia and Angelina. Ron also mentioned that his dad had said that Harry's apparition paperwork had been processed, so Harry could now apparate if he wanted.

Hermione replied to the message for Harry who was busy making lunch. Hermione couldn't understand why Harry insisted on making the lunch and not letting her help until she realized he was using magic. He had cauldrons as well as frying pans, levitating them above magical fires that were themselves hovering in mid air. It was like a three ring circus and Harry was having a blast. Ingredients were measuring themselves and mixing then making their way to a pan or cauldron. Harry's hands and fingers appeared to be directing traffic on a busy street corner, not cars and trucks, but boxes, bags and measuring cups were floating by and being mixed into one vessel or another.

"Maybe I should invite Ron over, it looks like you're making way too much for the two of us?" suggested Hermione.

"Sure," said Harry, "Molly and Ginny too if you want."

- - - - - - - -

After lunch, the Weasley crew departed, except for Ron, and after cleaning up the kitchen, the trio apparated to Diagon Alley. Upon entering Gringotts, Griphook spotted Harry and showed the trio into Ragnok's office, where they waited patiently for Ragnok to return.

"Wow, Harry … the Goblins do treat you right, don't they!" Ron stated in an exuberant voice.

"Are you feeling up to a ride down to the Potter family vault dear?" Asked Harry, who nodded towards Ron while looking at Hermione.

"I guess I'd better," she replied, "I'll need to find out what I'm in for."

"You're coming too aren't you Ron?"

"Wouldn't miss the ride for anything." Said Ron, Do you have any idea what's in there?"

"I have a listing of the contents and an estimated value" Said Harry. "It's kind of a silly amount, really, just act surprised when you see it … okay?" Hermione hid the smile on her face and forced herself to suppress the laughter that was determined to escape. She knew, that Ron knew, Harry was rich, but she also knew that Ron had no idea how big that pile of gold could be.

"A list and actually seeing it all in one place could be very different", Continued Harry. Ron nodded his head in agreement and they heard Ragnok's rap on the door before he entered.

"Ah, Miss Granger, good day, and Mr. Potter, a happy birthday to you … Oh … and another young man … may I hazard a guess that you are … Mr. Ronald Weasley?"

"Yes Sir," replied Ron, "and a good day to you sir."

"Thank you … I have been making sure that I have all the papers here for your signatures, Mr Potter. Some of them have to be signed in blood. If you prefer to have your barrister examine the documents first, that is quite understandable although I can assure you I'm not trying to deceive you", Stated Ragnok. "I will explain everything as we go, please ask questions if anything is not clear."

"I'm sure we'll have some questions so let's get started", responded Hermione.

Ragnok proceeded, one document at a time. Harry removed the Dursleys' names from the trust vault and added Ron's name, then gave him a key. Next, Harry gained access to the Potter family vault and a storage vault where the other inventory items were kept. While they were adding Hermione's name to the Potter vaults, Fawkes flashed in and landed on Hermione's shoulder startling; Ragnok and to some degree, Ron. Fawkes proceeded to looked Harry in the eyes for a few moments telling him that Dumbledore's portrait was finally awake then changed his stare to Ragnok. Ragnok was caught by surprise as Fawkes relayed a message from Dumbledore, first to Ragnok, then to Harry who quickly gave Hermione a hand signal to look into his mind for the same message.

"There is some history here Mr Potter …" said Ragnok, "You are aware I'm sure that your Grandfather was a Gryffindor Heir and the last Potter to have the title of Lord Gryffindor?"

"Please call me Harry, sir." Interrupted Harry, "And no … I was not aware of that."

"I'm surprised Dumbledore and others didn't tell you more of your family history. Anyway, Harry … as I was saying, In your family line, the first born sons alternated first names between James and Harold or Harry. Your grandfather was not a first born son, however, he carried on the naming tradition with James, your father, and thus you are Harry. As the last Potter of his generation, when your grandfather died, the title and rights of the mantel of Lord Gryffindor should have been passed on to your father. You and your parents were in hiding at the time, so it never happened. A document from your father transferred the title to the next closest blood relative to Godric Gryffindor … and that was Albus Dumbledore. Albus had no one to pass it on to when he died other than Aberforth, who didn't want it; therefore it reverts back to you. That is, if you're willing to accept it, Harry. The title of Lord Gryffindor is more of a Muggle honorarium dating from the time of King Arthur. Perhaps, if Florien Fortescue ever shows up again, he might be able to explain the history in more detail. You will find that there has always been a seat reserved on the Wizengamot for Lord Gryffindor. Dumbledore didn't require the Gryffindor seat as he already had his own, his power in the Wizengamot, however, was enhanced with the extra votes he was able to wield from the Gryffindor and Potter seats. Yes, your family also has a hereditary seat and votes on the Wizengamot."

"Let us finish off the current business, and we'll be ready to proceed with Dumbledore's will in a few days."

They finally made it through the paperwork. Goblins, it turns out, are very precise in their paperwork, and nothing is left to chance. Harry was almost ready to put a silencing charm on Hermione what with all the questions she was asking. He did however resist the temptation. The ordeal dragged on for nearly four hours. Harry and Ron were thoroughly befuddled at the end; fortunately Hermione knew where every last Knut was when she was done questioning Ragnok.

The ride down to the three vaults; now that Gryffindor's vault was included with the two Potter vaults, was a pepper-up pill for everyone. Ron and Harry were exhilarated, while Hermione, who didn't like heights and roller coasters to begin with, was holding on to Harry for dear life; especially when they passed a clutch of Dragons, and even tighter when they passed the Chimeras and Manticores that were guarding the very low levels. It took some coaxing from Harry to even get Hermione to open her eyes once they had stopped.

They went first to the Gryffindor vault; to get it behind them. Griphook explained that the gold and artefacts could only be removed for specific purposes and there looked to be about two dozen cubic meters of galleons not including other monies and gold and silver bars as well.

Fortunately Harry and Hermione entered the vault first behind Griphook, while Ron stopped in the doorway, eyes fixed straight ahead and mouth open in utter disbelief. Since Harry's conversation with Ron's parents and Tonks about the hundred thousand Galleons, Ron had tried to imagine what that would look like, and that was as far as he had managed to stretch his imagination, there must be somewhere near a hundred times that much here he thought. As it turned out, Ron was still a little low in his estimate as it was closer to five hundred times as much once all the precious metals and gemstones were included with the Galleons, Sickles and Knuts. As they were about to leave the Gryffindor vault, Griphook spoke up, "Mr. Potter, you are allowed up to one thousand galleons in each calendar month from this vault for personal use while you maintain the title of Lord Gryffindor. Lady Gryffindor," Griphook looked directly at Hermione, "has an equal allowance available to her."

"I'm not married to Harry." Hermione stated in a curious tone of voice, though not quite certain why she needed to state the fact. She knew Goblin laws differed somewhat from Wizard laws, but she hadn't any reason yet to look into the differences. Ron and Harry both looked at her, Ron, with a look of shock and Harry looking confused.

"Our laws recognize magical bonding when it doesn't conflict with any Wizard or Muggle marriage rituals", said Griphook.

"Magical bonding," repeated Harry, "Salazar mentioned something about that … he even woke up Godric and Merlin because of it."

"I have no doubt … few if any in the Wizarding world would even remember, let alone recognize the signs … it is so rare amongst your people, though quite normal amongst Elves and Goblins", responded Griphook.

"Are you saying that, as far as Gringotts Bank is concerned we are … the same as a married couple?" asked Hermione.

"Precisely," replied Griphook, "until one or both of you were to actually be silly enough to marry someone else."

"I have to admit that marrying someone else would not feel right," said Harry.

Ron pretended to gag while covering his mouth and Hermione, blushing slightly and beamed a brilliant smile at Harry. Hermione was getting more used to the idea that she was actually going to be the bride and not simply a spectator at Harry's wedding or worse a bridesmaid.

After looking around Godric's vault for anything of interest; they made their way to another vault a short distance away - the Potter Family storage vault - and then next door to the vault with all the Potter gold. Godric's vault actually had more gold in it, about double what was in the Potter vault. Hermione showed little interest in the gold while Harry teased Ron about wanting to roll around in it and be buried under it. Harry, being used to getting along with next to nothing most of his life, also had little interest in the gold, other than noting the totals. After quickly looking through the vaults for anything useful, they returned to the cart and had another wild ride back to the surface with an extra two thousand galleons between them. Hermione fared little better on this trip and made it difficult getting out of the cart as she wouldn't let go of Harry until she had solid stone under foot.

After a few final details were taken care of in Ragnok's office, and Harry changed some of his galleons into Muggle pounds, the trio made their way to the Burrow where they left Ron behind, and finally home, to Oxford.

Hermione insisted that Harry put on his new suit that she and her Mum picked out for him earlier in the week. Emma and Hermione hid themselves away until Harry was getting anxious about the time. When they appeared, Hermione was in her new dress and looking absolutely edible. Two twists of hair framed her face, the rest held in a bun at the back leaving her tantalizing neck bare and accessible for said nibbling. The neckline was low enough to be distracting, even though he was well acquainted with the tender morsels that were trying to peek out. Her poise; and the poses she struck, were the stuff from which wet dreams are made, Harry thought. Hermione could sense his feelings and see his outward reaction. She blushed profusely, wondering if she had gone too far, and yet, soaking up the moment and storing it away in her memories.

- - - - - - - -

HP birthday party

Not having been to the restaurant before, Hermione got the location from her Father and scouted the area yesterday for a suitable apparation point. When it was time to go, she knew exactly to which she wanted to apparate them. Everyone else that was attending had been given the address and directions from Kings Cross Station, since it was only a few blocks away. This was going to be interesting, Hermione thought, a mostly magical guest list in a completely Muggle Restaurant. Arthur would be asking questions even more quickly than they could answered; while Molly would be worried because of her twins and the amount of mischief that they could create.. Hermione also worried about Nymphadora and hoped that Remus would be able to talk her out of the pink hair, and while praying fervently that in protest, Tonks wouldn't choose green, blue or purple either.

Hermione went first; to check the apparition point and make sure the location was clear. Harry took the moment to slip Dan a huge wad of pound notes before Hermione returned. Hermione, in her Phoenix form, returned and apparated the other three to a secluded corner of an alley across from the restaurant. When they walked to the mouth of the alley, Harry held them back until Hermione recognized the oddly clothed foursome as Fred, George, Alicia and Angelina. The girls were dressed properly, it were the twins. Hermione noted that Fred and George were wearing muggle-styled suits of a sparkly pearlescent material that reminded Harry of an Antipodean Opaleye, a rare dragon he had seen a picture of in his Monster book of Monsters.

Harry relaxed his arm and as they reached the street. Once the two groups saw each other, waves were exchanged in greeting. Remus and Tonks could be seen half a block behind and by the time the Grangers were introduced, they formed a group of ten.

When they were shown to their table, they found Minerva McGonagall, the rest of the Weasleys, and Neville and Luna, seated at a long table in a curtained-off room. Molly was trying to calm Arthur down when the Grangers and group arrived; he appeared to have a hundred muggle questions that were burning holes in his mind. Dan sat next to Arthur in anticipation of his questions and so that Harry wouldn't be pestered all night.

Dan also felt a bit safer, because he and Emma were sitting between Arthur and Molly on one side with Harry and Hermione on the other. Dan was sure the twins wouldn't try any tricks right under their parents watchful eyes and he thought that just maybe, he'd be able to find out more about what was preoccupying the Weasely children.

"The food has already been ordered on the recommendations of one of our favourite patients," stated Dan, and as he looked at his watch he continued, "And now that we are all here, it should start arriving anytime." A minute later, the greeter from the front door came in to take their drink orders. It seemed that he purposefully took Harry's order last. He looked to be having fun explaining the refreshment menu to most of the group and not at all curious as to why they seemed ignorant of the soft drinks, beers and liquors on the menu.

After taking Harry's order, he whispered, "Congratulations and Happy Birthday Mr. Potter," and then in a normal voice said, "Your drinks and food will be here shortly." He then left quickly through a smaller curtain at the other end of the room before Harry could react to question him.

Hermione and Emma, sitting on either side of Harry, looked at him in surprise then Emma looked at Dan and spoke, "Did you say anything about a birthday party?"

Hermione asked Harry, "Do you know him?" By the time both Dan and Harry answered to the negative, all the witches and wizards hands were already on their wands, though not drawn.

Parvati and Padma, heads bowed, stepped through the small curtain that their Father had used moments ago. They weren't immediately recognized by everyone although Ginny and Hermione thought they looked familiar. When they raised their heads, they chanted, "Happy Seventeenth Birthday Harry!" and were immediately recognized by all but the parents and Tonks. The Patil twins marched up to Harry and gave him a quick kiss on each cheek. Parvati whispered to Hermione, "Is it okay to use a little magic in front of everyone?"

Tonks overheard the not so subtle whisper, pulled her wand and cast a silencing spell on the larger curtain separating them from the main Restaurant. Hermione looked at Tonks who responded, "As long as only those in this room, you and your parents can observe it. If it becomes a secrecy issue, there may be trouble."

"Not a problem," replied Parvati, "When I saw the names Granger and Potter on the reservation list I had you moved to this room for that reason." She slowly pulled her wand from her sleeve and pointed it at the same curtain, twitching it slightly. "The curtain now has a muggle repelling charm that will keep even our parents away from it."

Padma and then Parvati pointed their wands towards the small curtain and the ordered drinks started floating past it on their way to the table.

"We met two cousins of yours when we were walking through Surrey a few weeks ago. Did you hear anything about it?" Hermione asked Padma who was still standing beside her. Parvati was on the other side of Harry.

"Oh yes … they were very curious about the school again, it took a while, but we convinced them to leave it alone." Answered Padma. "They seemed to think that you two were …"

"Friends," Hermione interrupted, "Best friends." Harry put a hand in front of his mouth to cover a smile.

"Uh huh, we believe you … not!" said Parvati. Emma was listening to the conversation, between the three girls and becoming confused by the denial.

"We'll talk about this later," hissed Hermione.

The twin girls left, and a minute later, platters of food began floating through the small curtain towards the table. Dan and Emma had seen some magic, but this was as practical an application as they could readily comprehend.

The meal progressed, more food and drinks came and the empties floated away. Dan and Arthur were talking, trading questions and answers. Apparently Dan had struck a bargain of some sort. Harry and Emma could hear a lot of what Dan and Arthur were discussing, Emma was listening out of curiosity while Harry was praying that Dan wouldn't ask the right … or wrong questions. To Dan's credit, he knew how to ask questions, and Arthur was giving him an earful of information that Harry was very certain Hermione had evaded over the past years. Dan and Emma kept glancing around to Ron, Harry and their daughter as they absorbed more and more. Arthur was completely unaware of the delicate balance that was threatening to collapse around Harry and Hermione.

At last, when almost everyone thought they were finished, seventeen glasses of butterbeer came out followed by seventeen slices of birthday cake, each with a lit candle. After the first fifteen made their way to the seated guests, the Patil twins both came into the room to claim the spares and start the Happy Birthday song. After considering his wish, Harry had to go around the table and blow out all seventeen candles. Upon regaining his seat he turned to Hermione and looked her in the eyes for a moment before they kissed, his wish, granted, for now. Everyone applauded then started in on their cake and butterbeer.

Harry thought everything went off particularly well, part way through the meal Harry had realized by the reactions of Parvati and Dan that the menu selections had been changed from what Dan had ordered. When Dan was taking care of the tab with Mr. Patil, Harry and Hermione took Parvati and Padma aside to thank them for the wonderful time.

Knowing their affinity to gossip, Hermione made them promise not to spread rumours about Harry and her being a couple. Voldemort would stop at nothing to cause Harry pain, and if Voldemort knew he could reach Harry through Hermione or her parents, he would do it quicker than you could say Quidditch. The Patil twins, scared by the paranoid attitudes of both Harry and Hermione, quickly agreed and would not even tell Lavender, at least until they were at school. Hermione, in turn, promised that they would come back at least once before September first. The group left, returning to their homes in the same manner as they came.