Unofficial Portkey Archive

Black, White and Red by Barmy_old_Codger
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Black, White and Red

Barmy_old_Codger

Disclaimer: Any characters you recognize from the first 6 books in the Harry Potter series by J K Rowling belong to the aforementioned J K Rowling. I am simply playing with them for my amusement, and to see what kind of reaction I can get.

This is the 3rd chapter I've posted today. Make sure you've read 14 & 15

A/N: Chapter 20, as it is currently written is at least an "R" if not "NC17" and in case you need to know, they don't actually have s_x. I don't want to loose readers just because the rating jumps up, this is your chance to convince me to change the story and keep the rating down to PG13 for the balance of the story. If you don't want to make you preference public in a review then go to my profile page and click on the email button. I will put the results at the beginning of chapter 20 and supply a link to the R rated chapter elsewhere.

*** WARNING ***

Some of you may not like my take on Ginny. I see a fiery red head that has finally figured out what she wants and she's going for it. Full speed ahead and damn the torpedoes. It doesn't actually happen in this chapter, but the setup is here.

(16) You're What!

Almost everyone looked at her in speechless shock including Harry until Luna started to laugh uncontrollably. The combination of her statement and Luna's laughter managed to shock Harry out of his dazed stupor and back to reality. He didn't believe Hermione's statement for a second, however, she was now the centre of open mouthed, wide eyed, state of shock, attention by everyone else until Harry started to laugh with Luna. Hermione was now the colour of a ripe tomato and ready to run from the kitchen until Harry spun her around and sat her on his lap. Hermione now started to laugh along with Harry and Luna … soon everyone was laughing including Molly.

Once the laughter stopped Molly came over to Hermione with her wand out and pointed it at Hermione's stomach while mumbling a charm no one could make out. Molly then let out the breath she was holding and told Hermione in no uncertain terms, "DON'T ever DO that AGAIN!"

Hermione hung her head over Harry's shoulder facing the floor. Luna piped up and said, "Mrs Weasley, don't be mad at Hermione, what she did shocked Harry back to normal."

"Not to mention shocking us all!"

"Down Mother, Calm Down!" said Ron. "No harm done, no one's pregnant," he remembered that after Luna's tea had broken up he went back to see her and he thought, 'I hope', "and Harry's acting normal."

"Mrs. Weasley," pleaded Harry, "Hermione did what had to be done … and it worked. I fully expect she would do it again if she felt it necessary. We had a good laugh after … so let's forget it … it's time to go. If things drag on we may be there until Sunday … is that a problem for anyone?"

There was a chorus of 'No' in response and Harry looked at Fawkes who promptly disapparated to the Headmistress office. Seconds later Fawkes reappeared and flew to Harry's shoulder. "Time to get up dear," he said to Hermione as he stood up sliding her off his lap and standing her on the floor.

"I'm sorry, Mrs. Weasley," said Hermione still facing the floor.

"No dear …I suppose you did the right thing … it was necessary, just a little overwhelming for an old lady to hear. Please try to wait until I'm out of hearing range next time."

"I'm sorry Mrs. Weasley," she said again, this time looking her in the face. "Let's go … McGonagall's going to wonder what happened to us, and if anyone tells her I'll hex their private parts off!"

They formed a line side by side holding hands and in a wide, bright red flash they all vanished from The Burrow and found themselves in McGonagall's office.

"Nice to see you all again." Said McGonagall, "This is the group, is it?"

"Yes," responded Hermione, "Professor, we need to get some rings sized and keyed to each person before I put a Protean Charm on them so we can use them for communication."

The Professor's eyebrows shot up at this request, and she said, "Why doesn't it surprise me that you can do a Protean Charm." As she shook her head from side to side. "I'll talk to Filius at lunch, why don't you all join us in the Great Hall. Many of the teachers have already left for the summer; we can all sit at a house table and be less formal.

"We … Harry and I … have decided to let you in on the secret, trusting that it will stay within the seven of us. Seven being a magically powerful number that you may wish you'd never heard of. We have seven rings, one will be yours Professor. The intention is that any message sent out on any one ring will be displayed by the other six. Will you have some time to spend with us today?"

"I'll make time for this." Said McGonagall, "Let me know when you're ready for me."

"We'll settle in first and get everything ready … probably after lunch."

"Good … get going then." Replied McGonagall.

"Join hands," said Harry as he summoned Fawkes, and they all flashed over to the Heads Common Room.

"I was planning on setting up the pensieve and having our discussions in the Gryffindor Common Room." Said Harry, "Hermione and I will stay here in the Heads Suite, you guys sort yourselves out and we'll meet shortly for lunch. Do you want a look around before you go?" Of course they all said "Yes."

Hermione started off towards her room and the girls followed while Harry went to his room with Ron in front and Neville behind.

Once in Hermione's room, and especially after her remark about being pregnant, the girls bombarded her with questions about Harry, were they really in love, how was he in bed, how well did he treat her, but most importantly … had they made love. Hermione became so embarrassed she refused to answer anything except, yes they were very much in love and no they couldn't tell everyone or anyone.

"He's coming now and he's been embarrassed by the boys, but he's more concerned about me." She told the girls just before Harry burst through the connecting door. "We're all fine Harry." Hermione said, having blushed to a vibrant Weasley red.

After looking around and seeing the other girls start to blush he looked at Hermione and asked, "Oh … the girls giving you a bad time over that remark back at The Burrow?"

Luna smiled as though all knowing while Ginny looked back and forth between Harry and Hermione as though expecting them to sprout new appendages.

"The boys are right behind me, so I guess our tour goes through here on our way to the Common Room, excuse us ladies." The boys carried on through her room and back to the Heads Common Room.

"What prompted you to run through to Hermione's room." Asked Ron once the boys were all sitting on the sofa in front of a cold fireplace.

Harry held out his hand which appeared to sprout a wand, then pointed the stick in the direction of the fireplace causing it burst into flame as he responded, "The girls were teasing her about the pregnancy remark and it was bothering me."

Neville and Ron were staring at the fire in wide eyed amazement and barely heard Harry's reply. "How did you do that?" Asked Neville.

"Do what?" Replied Harry

"Make that wand appear in your hand?" asked Neville.

"You must have blinked your eyes when I pulled it out." He said.

"Stop showing off or our friends won't want to help us." Said Hermione.

"I don't know what taking up with Hermione has done to you," said Ron, "but you're becoming a very powerful wizard Harry. You'll be as powerful as Dumbledore soon."

"Ron, I think it has a lot to do with Hermione. The problem is … we don't have Dumbledore's experience." There was a brief pause and Harry continued, "You guys had better get settled somewhere before lunch."

"Yea, let's go Luna," prompted Ron.

Neville and Ginny followed them out to the corridor.

Luna asked, "Ron, I'm going to the Ravenclaw dorms, do you want to help me unpack?"

Neville and Ginny were, needless to say a little surprised at Luna's brazen invitation, but said nothing as Ron went hand in hand with Luna to Ravenclaw. Neville thought he'd take a chance as it sounded likely that Ron was going to get lucky tonight, and suggested to Ginny, "The Room of Requirement." Ginny looked him up and down closely for a moment appraising the offer and remembering what Luna said about 'The Boy who Might have Been' and Harry's explanation of the Prophesy a few days ago.

Surprising Neville, Ginny simply replied, "Okay." And with a smirk she took his hand and led him down the hall and around the corner. Dean and Michael had no guts, they never made a serious attempt to make love to her, they were too afraid of what Ron might do if he found out. Neither did Harry, but she knew it wasn't because of Ron; maybe tonight at last she'll get lucky. Maybe she'll need some comfort after she finds out what the big secret is all about, she thought. Maybe they both will.

Now Neville is getting nervous, he didn't really expect her to go along with the idea. They had talked over the floo a few times since Luna's tea, they hadn't even kissed again or held each other. Merlin … she's going to expect me to have a plan once we get to the room, I haven't even thought that far ahead, it's not even midday. If I ask her to think of something when we get there, she's going to think I'm pathetic. Think … think … need an idea.

Ginny was basically leading him while Neville was walking along like a mindless Inferi. Ginny was giggling silently to herself, thinking maybe Neville was so dumbfounded that she agreed to this obvious encounter. The truth be told, she was just as scared as he looked stunned. She was sure that he had never done this before and she hadn't either. Looking back at him she noticed a fresh smile on Neville's face that wasn't there a moment ago, he sped up even with her now and squeezed her hand. They were now approaching the painting of Barnabas the Barmy so she knew this was the section of wall. Did his smile indicate he had a brilliant idea for the room or was he going to ask her to think of something, she would find out soon enough.

"I have an idea … if you don't like it we can always change it." He said as he let go of her hand and started to pace back and forth three times along the section of wall while concentrating on his idea. When the door appeared he stopped pacing and took her hand, leading her to the surprise. He opened the door and allowed her to enter first.

Ginny gasped at the sight, it wasn't beautiful or ornate … it was a cave … well enough lit and with a roaring fire in the middle, the smoke escaping through a hole in the roof. On the left was a table that was made of a long diagonal slice of a tree trunk supported on two stone pedestals, with two roughly carved out blocks of wood for chairs. On the other side of the fire was what looked like a large bed. The base appeared to be vines and other plants, covered with two large, furry animal skins, both skins were fur side together. Ginny couldn't imagine what it might feel like, to climb in between the skins, bare naked. She quivered at the thought of that and a warm cuddly naked boy beside her. Slowly she moved in a few steps allowing Neville to come in and stand beside her. It wasn't until Neville put an arm around her waist that she noticed two normal looking doors in the shadows beyond the bed, one was marked 'his' and the other 'hers'. Clever boy, she thought, he gets bonus points for that as long as there's hot running water in there and a mirror. She turned her head and gave him a quick kiss and a squeeze. They then walked over to the table to put their belongings down.

<><> backing up a little <><>

Ginny had stopped in the doorway, Neville couldn't get past her to see the expression on her face or try to gauge if she approved. Ginny hadn't said a word and he was getting more and more nervous. Was she going to blow up at his idea … it was very Neanderthal … would she like fluffy and frilly better? She moved in … now he entered to stand beside her, and put an arm around her waist. So far so good, she still hadn't said a word he thought as he felt her arm moving around his waist. He turned his head slowly to look at her and felt her lips on his cheek. A smile crept onto his lips as his tense muscles relaxed and he let out a deep breath he must have been holding for a long time. She obviously approved, his knees were weak with anticipation, though he knew he would have to wait.

<><><><><><><><>

Ron knew where the entrance to the Ravenclaw dorm was, but Luna knew a shortcut. Sooner than he expected they were in the dorm and didn't need any password. He assumed that in the summer the passwords were not needed as there were normally no students. The Ravenclaw dorms were quite different than in Gryffindor. There was a large sofa in front of the fire, but there were more tables and chairs for studying. Luna led him to the boys seventh year dorms where they put their bags down on the two closest beds. Ron then sat on the nearest empty bed and motioned Luna to sit on his lap. Luna walked over giggling and jumped on his lap knocking them both flat on the bed. As she landed on him her arms wrapped around his neck and by the time they were flat on the bed her lips had found his and his arms were around her. His hands moved down cupping her bottom cheeks as she squirmed on top of him. Ron's tongue searched her lips and gained entry to her mouth … moments later her tongue was exploring his tonsils as well. He groaned into her mouth when her squirming caused a stiffening. Thoroughly pleased with herself, she broke the kiss and push off him to stand up.

"You're going to be the death of me woman." He said with a smirk as Luna giggled and smiled back at him.

"You want to let him calm down … or can I finish him off." She asked with a wide grin.

"Merlin Luna, you're hornier than a Crumple-Horned Snorkack."

"Oh, they don't breed more than once every five years Ronald." Replied Luna.

Ron shook his head in silence … there was no point trying, she had all the answers … just like Hermione … but very different. "We should go for lunch." He groaned, trying to think of a cold calming shower, while still unable to get the picture of Luna 'finishing him off' out of his mind. The two thoughts were completely incompatible and not relieving the now obvious bulge in his pants.

Luna was laughing so hard she was actually crying as she pulled him up off the bed and hugged him, rubbing herself into his bulge, exacerbating his problem.

<><><><><><><><>

Meanwhile in the Heads Common Room

"Harry, I expanded your father's trunk in my room. I'm not trying to hide it from you … I think I should be with you when you go through it … in case you … you know."

"Those wands just … I wasn't prepared … I'm sorry." Said Harry.

"That's nothing to be sorry about dear, it just means that you're human … that you have feelings … you care." Answered Hermione. "I have the pensieve and the box of Dumbledore's memories, do you want to get set up in the Gryffindor Common Room before lunch?"

"Yes, let's go, we should take our wands too." He said as he stood up.

"Here's yours," she replied, "I have mine."

When they left the Heads Common Room they spotted Ginny and Neville disappear from sight around the corner. Their Suite was on the same floor as the entrance to Gryffindor Tower. Harry said, "That isn't the way to the Gryffindor Common Room." In a confused voice.

"They probably wanted more privacy." Said Hermione, "I'll bet there going to the Room of Requirement. I expect we won't find Ron hanging around the Gryffindor Tower either."

"Where is …" and realization dawned on him, "You think Luna dragged him off to Ravenclaw?"

"I do … do you have the Map with you." Asked Hermione.

"No," he said absentmindedly as he was trying to think. "You had better have a talk with the girls … make sure they know how to protect themselves."

"Harry!" she responded in exasperation, then saw the look of concern on his face, "Yes … okay." This ought to be fun … NOT … totally tomato faced embarrassing is what it's going to be she thought.

"They'll get the opportunity to be with each other in a way we dare not attempt." He said with a lost puppy look in his eyes.

Hermione caught the look in his eyes and picked up on his disappointed feelings, before saying, "We can still have some fun tonight, besides, if we do that now … there won't be anything new to experience later."

"You can't miss what you've never had … I suppose …" he said in a disappointed tone, "Doesn't mean I can't dream about it though." He said in a little more upbeat voice. Hermione stopped him and moved around slightly to face him, wrapped her arms around his shoulders pulling him tight while resting her cheek to his.

"Your room tonight." She whispered into his ear, "Make sure you have everything stuck down including the bed."

Having automatically embraced her around her waist, he moaned softly into her ear before saying, "It's too dangerous for you … for us … you can't."

"No we can't," she replied, still whispering, "but we can still … have some fun."

They returned to walking hand in hand and were soon at their destination. The Fat Lady opened as they approached allowing them access to Gryffindor Tower. They rearranged the sofa and comfortable arm chairs into a circle then set up the pensieve in the middle. Hermione kept the shrunken box of memories with her to be safe and they headed down to the Great Hall for lunch.

<><><><><><><><>

Most of the teachers were sitting at the table talking when Ron and Luna entered the Great Hall. Ron was still a little red in the face, though his bulge had disappeared, Luna was smiling while holding his hand. Several seconds later Neville and Ginny entered, followed closely by Harry and Hermione. Poppy Pomfrey and Minerva were the last to enter and be seated. As Poppy passed Hermione she stopped to whisper in her ear, "See me right after lunch." And Hermione smiled, hoping that Madam Pomfrey had found a solution for her dilemma.

The teachers' conversations had died down since the students arrival allowing Minerva to announce, "These six are here to assist me with some planning to put a stop to Voldemort." She said as most of the teachers along with Ginny and Neville winced at the name. I would take it as a personal favour if you would assist them in any way they ask. Should they ask anything of you that seems unreasonable, please call for me. Filius I believe Harry has some rings he needs charmed, if you would please."

"Certainly Minerva, sometime after 3 this afternoon I should have some free time."

"Professor McGonagall," said Hermione, "My parents expressed a desire to see the school; I suggested to them that possibly Sunday I might have some free time to show them around … assuming that they could actually see the school.

"I have some charmed bracelets to use for muggle visitors, they're usually for Graduation ceremonies. Ask me for them before you bring your parents here." Said McGonagall, as the food appeared.

The teachers started serving themselves and the six teens did the same. Ron as usual loaded his plate to near overflowing, and then started filling his mouth to capacity. When Luna thought he had stuffed enough into his mouth she put her hand on his lap under the table, getting his attention, and then, looking him in the eyes, shook her head ever so slightly. Eleven years at home, his mother couldn't tame his eating habits or appetite, or she gave up trying, six more years of Hermione scolding his eating habits, to no avail … give him a week in the occasional company of a certain blond haired, fifth year Ravenclaw, and he was starting to become civilized … starting.

As lunch was drawing to an end, Minerva asked, "Where are we getting together."

Harry answered, "We have the pensieve set up in the Gryffindor Common Room."

"And we arranged the furniture to surround it." Added Hermione.

"I have one more thing to take care of; I should be there in thirty minutes." Said Minerva.

As Madam Pomfrey stood up to leave, Hermione said, "I have something to do also … I should be there in less than thirty minutes." Hermione, Poppy and Minerva left first, then the teachers started to leave in ones and twos before the teens got up and made their way to the Gryffindor Common Room.

Ron and Luna were walking together when Ron mumbled something about never being properly fed again. Luna laughed softly and patted his slightly bulging stomach saying, "I'll make sure you don't starve dear." Ginny and Neville heard the exchange, and while Neville only smiled, Ginny started to laugh.

Ron turned around and gave Ginny a ferocious scowl causing her to respond by mouthing something to him about him being 'whipped' and Ron's face went beet red. Luna tugged on his arm to turn him around, and then whispered into his ear so only he could hear, "Ignore them, it's me you love … and I love you too."

When they entered the Gryffindor Common room, the two couples took the sofa leaving three plush arm chairs for Harry, Hermione and Professor McGonagall. Harry took the one nearest Ron and asked, "Since we have time … does anyone have any questions?"

"Yes," said Neville, "Did Dumbledore say why V … V … Voldemort went after you instead of me?"

Luna looked at Harry to see if he was going to answer, but he was looking back at her, probably to find out how much she really knew. "Dumbledore found that confusing too … based on Voldemort's supposed beliefs', you … a pure blood … should have been more of a threat than me. I keep thinking that you got the worst of the deal since your parents are still alive."

<><><><><><><><>

Hermione caught up with Madam Pomfrey in her office in the Hospital Wing and said, "You wanted to see me?"