Unofficial Portkey Archive

A Fairy Tale for His Her-my-oh-nee by H_HrFan
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

A Fairy Tale for His Her-my-oh-nee

H_HrFan

A/N Only…sorry.

I realized while answering a review this morning that there is something else that I haven't addressed and in the context of the story I think it may significant…especially if one delves too deeply. To save you from having to look for it, the new stuff is in italics.

Just a few story points I wanted to make since a lot has happened in (literally) the last few days. Some of it you'll already know, some of it you may not have thought of, and some of it you may just have said, WHAT?!?!?!?! when you were reading it. So, just a few things to keep in mind in case your interested...

1. Dumbledore has said that he doesn't believe Cho to be capable of this sort of dark magic…I believe him. Transferring anything to Hermione was not part of Cho's plan. Although now that it's happened…

2. Hermione is not actually `possessed' by Cho. There are emotions that she is unable to control and when they hit her, she says and does things that are very out of character for her. Just like with anyone really. In a rage, a person can say things they don't mean, just as a means to hurt someone else. Hermione will continue to try and fight it because she really doesn't want to hurt Harry, but for now, she is helpless to stop it.

3. There are a lot of issues still out there (I guess this will give you an indication of how far we have to go)…

Lots and lots more out there…probably more than that even (and those are randomly selected, they are not in a particular order). Then there's the stuff you don't know yet! **devilish grin slowly forms upon her face**

4. Time…I forgot to mention the time factor. One would think, judging by everything that's happened, a lot of time has gone by…so not the case.

In fact, Hermione has been awake for only about 1.5 days. The conversations read long, but the time in which they take place is relatively short. While she was dreaming, she slept and awoke the next morning…that only happened in her dream; as you know, we can dream an entire lifetime in a matter of hours. In reality, only a few hours had passed while Harry read (and still did not finish) the book. (We are now on the 16th day since Voldemort's defeat).

When I was writing it, I wondered if time would get confusing to some people, because I try to stay very much aware of that. I have actually confused myself a time or two in the process.

At any rate, a lot will appear to happen, but for the most part, the period of time will be relatively short in comparison.

5. Finally, this is, first and foremost, still a `modern day' fairy tale. Although we have now gone beyond the realm of Cinderella and Hermione's nightmare, we are still searching for happily-ever-after…

This may seem more like a nightmare, but in truth, this is what happens in-between. In fairy tales we are taken from a starting point to a relatively quick resolution of happily-ever-after. We are not shown in detail what makes the characters so much more worthy of that then the rest of us. Here, I'm showing you all the horrific details so you'll know why they are worthy…by the end I hope to find you rooting for their happily-ever-after. We all want it for them, but sometimes things just aren't that easy. Harry may be worthy of his happily-ever-after, but it will come at a price, regardless…

Now we just have to hope they find it…………………

Sorry this isn't an update to the story. Look for one of those in the next couple of days. If there were any questions out there about what I've put here, I hope that I've answered them. I like to do it this way because I think it helps to put things into perspective for everyone all at once. Although, I do like to reply to individual reviews as well (as those of you who have reviewed know), so don't hesitate to continue asking questions and letting me know what you think as well as what parts of the story you find confusing or wonderful…I love to hear it all.

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy days to join me on this ride. I'm having a lot of fun with this and I've decided that rather than call it an `addiction'…it's now `therapy'…I do lots and lots of `therapy' (thank goodness it's free) because writing takes my mind away from everything else…it's there that I find no worries!

So. Anyway. All of you out there take care and have a wonderful and safe January weekend!

Until next time…

H_HrFan

-->