Unofficial Portkey Archive

A Fairy Tale for His Her-my-oh-nee by H_HrFan
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

A Fairy Tale for His Her-my-oh-nee

H_HrFan

A/N:

I have been asked a couple of times now which version of Cinderella I'm using. This is the answer that I was preparing to send in response to a review. I think it would be better served here.

Review:

I understand about the proof-reading. I saw nothing that was obviously incorrect, but something with the story. Which are you going off of? The Grimm's Bothers telling, or some other? The Grimms Brother's version is very violent, whereas say Disney's version isn't.

Answer:

I would say, as of now, that this story is loosely, loosely based on the general story of Cinderella, though it will not be violent...This is more Hermione's own version. As you can see, it is not the sweet, talking animal story like the Disney version (although they are mentioned in the last chapter) nor is it or will it be violent like the Grimms version. BTW...Is that the one where the stepsister(s) cut(s) off her toes so the glass slipper will fit?

There are so many different versions of stories that just share the same basic premise and not much else; I suppose that's what this is. Although I do have three Disney versions of the story, I have not actually set out to copy anything from them...with the possible exception of the room and the staircase. I wanted her in a barren room as far away from the others as possible while still in the same house...that's near to the way it is in the Disney version. Everything else, to the best of my knowledge, has stemmed from my own imagination and I have no idea where it will go next. I never know until I start writing...this story has changed drastically from the cute little Cinderella story I set out to write over a month ago. I have a vague idea of how it will end and a few plot points along the way…that's it. I will be just as surprised (as I hope most of you are) by what happens next as any/everyone else will be.

I hope that however it turns out it is enjoyable or, at a minimum, a likable story. I am actually enjoying writing it and I have no idea at this point how long it will be.

As I was writing yesterday the stuff with Harry and Hermione at the end just popped in there...surprised me, really. I wasn't expecting it. The only thing I knew for sure (at least until I started trying to talk myself out of it) was who the 'steps' would be...Millicent, Cho, and Trelawney. There is a purpose behind each one of those characters, Hermione just has to figure out what it is.

Another Review:

Oh... interesting twist on Cinderella... are you going to have this more like how Ever After is??? Or more like Disney's Cinderella...

Author Feedback: You know, I saw 'Ever After' many years ago but I can not remember the storyline. I know it was Drew Barrymore but I can't remember anyone else or how that version went.

I'm not really planning on anyone's version in particular, although I have the Disney version (3 different ways mind you) and not 'Ever After'...it's more just my own take on it, I suppose. The story has already strayed way off what I had originally planned so I guess I shouldn't say it's my own take either! My brain and fingers have some sort of connection that requires no conscious thought on my part. I think they prefer for me to stay out of it altogether! I'll just have to see where they take me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's another question that I've gotten asked a few times that some of you may be wondering about as well…

Since I just began reading this story, I was wondering about the "Cinderella" version question. But of course, as I got to the last chapter, it got updated again, and so voila! I have my answer. Now, the thing I'm still wondering about is why you've spilt Hermione's name into its syllables in the title. Is that reminescent of the way the CIN-DER-REL-LA's stepmother keeps hollering her name? P.S. Sorry if you've already addressed this

Author Feedback: I have only briefly addressed that. Originally when I planned the story `Her-my-oh-nee' had a very solid purpose. I'm not yet ready to divulge what that was because I still may use it. Suffice it to say, the purpose behind it has lessened to a great degree from then until now…as the story keeps changing.

I'm thinking about your question as I type this and I suppose that at some point that will have to come out...I just can't be sure when or how right now. Possibly at the very end. Hmmm.......*several ideas now swirling, screaming at me to let them out* If I were typing the story now, I would know several seconds after my fingers stopped typing...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That's about it. Not much more to say right now. I just wanted to clear those things up (and I hope I did) in case someone else was wondering. Just hang in there with me and hopefully all things will be cleared up by the time this story is told.

Many thanks to the readers and most especially to those of you who have taken the time to review.

Take care,

H_HrFan.

-->