Unofficial Portkey Archive

While You Were Sleeping by Harrys Mistress
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

While You Were Sleeping

Harrys Mistress

Okay so this is kind of a short chapter, but I wanted to go ahead and post it. There is a good chance where I will post again this weekend! Hope you enjoy it, even though it's a quickie.

Chapter 16

After a long hard day at work, Hermione trudged tiredly into her parent's home. It had been a long week, with kids rushing in to buy books for school at the last minute. She even helped Ginny the other day when she came in and right away she noticed a certain glow about her.

"You look great, Ginny," Hermione had commented as she led her to at certain required book.

Ginny blushed. "Thanks."

"What have you….oh! The date!"

"Huh?" Ginny asked with wide eyes.

"Harry mentioned you had a date," Hermione said as she plopped the book in her cauldron. "Is that why you can't stop smiling?"

"Oh…well." She giggled as she gave a little shrug. "That might have something to do with it."

Hermione didn't know who the guy was; she had never seen Ginny so happy. Even when she was with Harry.

Hermione walked into the kitchen to find her mom cooking for dinner at the stove. "Hey, Mum."

"Hermione, how was work?" she asked as she closed the oven door.

"It was busy," she said with a smile. "Which is good."

"I'm so proud of you," she said as she started to toss the salad. "My baby owing a bookstore."

Hermione smiled as she watched her mother. She was so lucky to have her and her father in her life. Especially knowing Harry and what he lost, made her more appreciative that she was blessed with both her parents being in her life. She walked up behind her mum and hugged her from behind. "I love you."

Anna Granger stopped her task and placed a hand on her daughters folded fingers that were resting on her stomach. "Well, what's this?" she asked confused. "Not that I'm complaining."

Hermione gave her a squeeze. "I just wanted you to know you were loved." She kissed her mother's cheek. "I'm going to relax up in my room until dinner."

XXX

Hermione was lying in her childhood bed reading a book as she waited for dinner to be ready. She was just about to finish up a chapter when knock on the door interrupted her imagination. "Dad," she said when he poked his head in.

"Hey, got someone here that's dying to see you." He then opened the door wider and a golden body of fur whizzed by.

"Daisy!" she exclaimed as she threw her book aside; welcoming her with open arms when she leapt up onto the bed. Hermione laughed as she hugged Daisy who was wagging her tail and nuzzling her head against her. "Oh, I've missed you!"

"She missed you, too."

Hermione looked up and instead of her dad, the man who had been haunting her dreams stood just inside her room. "Harry."

Harry closed the door and took one step closer to her. "It's true, she's been miserable." He stuffed his hands in his pockets, rocking back on his heels. "She hasn't been eating much and she waits by the door waiting for you to walk in."

"Oh Daisy," she said as her eyes filled with tears. "I'm sorry, girl."

Daisy replied by lying her head in her lap as her tail thumped the bed.

"I think she forgives you," Harry said sitting down at the edge of the bed. "She forgives pretty easily." Harry sighed as he looked down at his lap. "We were both kind of hopping you'd come back."

Hermione sighed. "Harry…"

"No, wait," he said turning quickly to face her. "Let me talk, okay?"

She nodded as she leaned back on her pillows. "Okay."

"I just…I want to apologize…that day by the pool, I was downright hateful and…it was uncalled for."

"Harry…"


"No, let me finish. I need to get this out." He sighed as he shifted his body so he was facing her on the bed. "I was in a bad mood that day. I hated that things changed between us and I wanted to blame you. I was so angry…so frustrated…and I took it out on you. And poor Daisy." His shoulders slumped as he gaze shifted downwards. "I'm sorry….for everything. For kissing you…for ignoring you…for just being a downright prat."

"Harry," she said softly taking his hand and waiting for him to look up. "I'll accept your apology about the pool incident, but…not the kiss. The kiss was just as much my doing."

"But…I kissed you," he reminded her.

"Yes, but I didn't stop you." She blushed and looked away. "At least not right away."

"Why didn't you?" he asked boldly.

She let out a breathless laugh as she shook her head. "I haven't kissed a guy in a really long time, Harry, and…it felt too good to pull away."

Harry's heart skipped a beat. "I know," he said nearly groaning at the remembrance of how her lips felt against his. "It felt really good."

She let out a shaky breath. "But that doesn't change the fact that it was wrong, Harry."

"I know," he said as he tore his eyes away and looked down at Daisy who was sleeping between them. "You were right to stop me." He started to stroke Daisy. "I know you want to be with Ron."

"It's not that, Harry," she said softly. "I don't know what I want, but…I…it just felt like we were betraying him."

"You're right," he said and then tried giving her an encouraging smile. "Look, Hermione let's just go back to how things use to be. Take one day at a time and see where it takes us."

"I guess we could try that," she said smiling softly. "I've missed being with you."

"I've been a complete wreck without you," he said grabbing her hands. "You should have seen the house, it was a complete mess."

"Was?"

"Well, Daisy and I were on a mission to get you back," he said with a laugh. "We wouldn't have started out on the right foot if you came home to a messy house."

Hermione laughed. "Oh, Harry," she exclaimed leaning over throw her arms around him.

"Woah," he said catching her and then smiled. "I was hoping to get one of your famous hugs out of you." He closed his eyes and held her tight. 'Please say you'll come home. I can't function without you."

"Of course I will," she said as she sniffed back her tears. "I've missed you too, Harry."

"Then let's get out of here and go home."

"Okay," she said letting go of him. "Oh wait…Why don't we stay for dinner? Mum's making lasagna."

Harry arched a brow. "Lasagna?"

"They just got back from Italy," she said with a laugh. "Mum's been trying out some new recipes."

"Oh. Well of course, I love your mother's cooking."

"Great," she said as she got out of the bed and pulled him on his feet. "You go ahead and head downstairs, I'm going to wash up."

"Okay," he said but before she could leave he grabbed her hands and pulled her back. "Hermione?"

"Yes, Harry?"

"I…" I want you. I want to tell you how beautiful you are. I want to kiss you over and over again until my heart stops. I want, I want, I want. "I…I'm glad we're okay." He then lifted her hands and kissed both of them softly. "I'll see you downstairs."