Unofficial Portkey Archive

While You Were Sleeping by Harrys Mistress
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

While You Were Sleeping

Harrys Mistress

Here we go! A nice loooong chapter!! I sure hope everyone enjoys it! It's a good one! Hehe. Thanks for being so patient!

Chapter 25

Hermione scowled at her date who was too busy slouching in his chair as he watched Harry and Luna dance. The site was a familiar one, since he did the same thing at the last ball, except he was watching her and Krum with the look that was on his face right now. It was bloody annoying.

What was Ron's problem? Did he only want girls he couldn't have? Hadn't he been wanting to be with her and now he had her and he wasn't doing anything. Not that she wanted him to do anything, she just wished he would strike up the courage to tell her how he felt.

Enough was enough. "Are you going to ask me to dance?"

Ron looked over at her. "Hmm? Oh…I don't know, you know I don't like dancing much and….AH!" Ron hunched over and rubbed his shin where Hermione had just kicked him with her pointy high heels. "Er…I mean…sure…of course."

Ron winced as he stood up from the table and grabbed her hand trying hard not to limp to the dance floor. A slow song had just started and Ron hadn't a bloody idea on what to do. He turned to her and held out his arms awkwardly in front of him and Hermione stepped in and got situated.

He gave her a nervous smile as they started to sway back and forth, but anyone that was watching them could make out the tension. Most of the couples on the dance floor was chest to chest, but there was a good distance between them. The whole thing just didn't feel right.

"Er…so are you having fun?" Hermione finally asked breaking the silence.

"Sure," he said a little too brightly. "Are you?"

"Sure," she said giving him a not so convincing smile.

More silence. More awkwardness.

"Hey you two."

Ron and Hermione turned to see Harry and Luna dancing by them. "Hey, Harry," Ron said grateful for the interruption. "Hi, Luna."

"Wanna trade for a bit?" Harry asked Ron then looked over at Hermione. "I'd like to dance with my best friend."

Ron looked over at Hermione and then at Harry. He was waiting for either of them to break contact but they just kept looking at each other. "Er…sure, if you want."

"Great," he said never looking away from her as he passed Luna onto Ron. "Happy dancing."

Hermione's heart immediately started to race as soon as Ron left her arms and Harry swooped in. She tried to keep the same amount of distance as she did with Harry, but he wouldn't have it. He snuck a hand at the small of her back and pushed her gently until their bodies touched. Her breath caught at the back of her throat and her eyes flickered up to his. God, does my body have to be so responsive to him? The slightest touch sends me into overdrive!

"Having fun?" Harry asked as he let his rough cheek graze against her soft one.

Hermione's eyes fluttered close. "Y-yeah."

"Didn't look like it," Harry said in a hushed tone. "The two of you were a bloody mess, it was almost painful to watch."

"Ron's just not a very good dancer," Hermione said with a shaky voice.

"Is that it?" Harry asked. "Well, he seems to be doing just fine with Luna."

Hermione turned her head slightly over to Ron and her mouth dropped. He was still nervous, she could see that, but she could tell he was a lot comfortable with Luna. They were closer…much closer and they moved well together. They were also talking nonstop as they danced and at one point Ron actually laughed. His eyes were filled with such joy.

"Why are you doing this?" Harry asked as he pressed her close and nuzzled her neck. "Can't you see he's not the one for you? Look how happy he is with her? I know that look…I know that laugh. You're the one that brings it out of me. Luna is the one that brings it out of Ron."

Tears filled her eyes as emotion swirled around her. She so desperately wanted to hold onto Harry and let him kiss her right now in front of everyone. She couldn't do that. She had to talk to Ron. "I'm sorry," she cried as she backed away. "I…I have to talk to Ron."

"No you don't," he said shaking his head as he cupped her face. "You don't. Leave him here with Luna, come home with me."

She shook her head. "No, I need….I have to do something, I…please, let me go."

Harry watched in agony as she went over to Ron who's smile dropped when he saw her tears. He noticed concern in his eyes and as he listened to her then finally nodded in understanding. He turned to give Luna an apologetic smile then led Hermione towards the entrance of the mansion hand in hand.

"They left," Luna said who had walked up to him.

"I know."

"Hermione seemed…confused."

"I don't know what she's going to do," Harry said with a sigh and his shoulders slumped. "I think I'm going to head home. Do you want me to take you home or do you want to stay?"

Luna gave him a smile. "I think I'll stay for a bit. My dad's here and I haven't gotten to spend much time with him. I'll ride back with him."

"Okay." He then gave her a kiss on the cheek. "Sorry things didn't turn out different."

"Hey, it's not over yet," she said with a smile. "Something happened between us when we danced. It as a connection I don't think Ron can even ignore."

Harry smiled. "That must have been some connection."

"Don't give up on, Hermione either, Harry."

"I'm tired of trying to talk some sense into her. I'm going to back away."

"Harry…"

"Good night, Luna," he said interrupting her as he gave her a soft smile.

Understanding he didn't want to talk about it, Luna smiled back. "Good night, Harry."

XXXX

Harry arrived to a quiet house but he wasn't so sure it was empty. Daisy was curled up by the fire in the den and lifted her head and gave him a couple wags of her tail.

"Hey girl," he said walking over to her and giving her a quick scratch behind her ear. "Enjoying the fire? Don't blame you, it's pretty cold outside."

He gave her one last pat and made his way upstairs. All the doors were closed, but he couldn't hear Hermione or Ron, but a simple silencing charm could have been made. For all he knew they were in one of their bedrooms talking or…not talking.

The thought of it made him furious as he stalked into his room as he began to undress. He angrily tugged at his tie and threw it over his chair, along with his cloak. He kicked off his shoes and untucked his shirt and was about to unbutton his trousers when a knock on the door interrupted him.

Harry opened the door and was shocked to see Hermione on the other side. She was still dressed in her robes, but her hair was down and out of control and a little bit of her eye makeup was smeared from crying. Harry thought she looked beautiful. "What are you doing here?" Harry finally asked. "I thought you were with Ron."

The sight of him nearly made her groan out loud. He looked so sexy with his hair all wild and his shirt untucked and wrinkled. "I was with Ron," she said with a stiff spine and a tilt of her chin. She would not let Harry Potter see how much she affected him. "Now I'm here."

"I see." Harry lifted a arm above his head and leaned against the door. "Why are you here?"

"To do this," she said and then rammed her fist right in the middle of his gut.

Harry rushed out a breath as he doubled over in pain as Hermione calmly walked in the room. He winced as he shut the door behind him. "Please, come in," he wheezed.

"It's all your fault!" she cried as she pushed him hard.

Harry stumbled backwards. "Hey, cut it out," he said as he started to get pissed off. "What's with the abuse?"

"It wasn't suppose to be this way," Hermione said as she gave him another little shove. "It was always Ron. It was suppose to be, Ron, not you."

Harry sighed. "Hermione…"

"Of course I thought about being with you," she continued as she started to stalk angrily back and forth. "Back in fifth year I wondered what it would be like, but it was so obvious you liked Cho."

Harry opened his mouth to argue, but then stopped when her words registered. "You thought about being with me?"

"For like…a second." She rolled her eyes and huffed out a breath. "It didn't matter, you were gaga over Cho and her type was the complete opposite of mine, same with Ginny. It was quite clear that Harry Potter liked gorgeous girls that could play Quidditch."

"Hermione, I was just a kid…I was stupid and…"

"You be quiet, I'm not done yet," Hermione snapped as she spun around to face him. "You were always just my friend. I thought that's all you'd ever be and that Ron and I would eventually start something and…you had to go and mess it up!"


"What did I do?!" he asked holding up his hands.

"You kissed me in the kitchen, that's what!" Hermione exclaimed shoving her back.

Harry grabbed her wrists and held her captive so she couldn't push him back. "As I recall, I wasn't the only one participating. You kissed me back!"

"You started it!"

"You're damn right I did," he answered back as he swooped his face angrily towards her. "And I don't regret one second of it."

"Neither do I!" she yelled angrily back as snapped her head closer to his as well while he held her at bay.

"Fine then, just…." Harry stopped suddenly and narrowed his eyes. "What did you say?"

Hermione caught her breath as she stared up at Harry who was still holding her wrists. Their faces were inches apart and her lips flirted with his. "I don't regret it," she finally said bringing her voice a few notches lower.

Harry's heart skipped a beat. "Then why the hell are you yelling at me?"

"Because I felt like yelling at someone and you were the first and only person I wanted to yell at." Hermione tugged angrily on her wrists trying to get away but Harry held on. "Let me go."

"Not a chance," he said pulling her closer. "You done yelling?"

"Yes, and now I want you to let me go," she said struggling.

"Why?" he asked not loosening his grip.

"So I can put my bloody arms around you when I kiss you, you idiot!" she snapped as she glared up at him.

Harry grinned as his grip softened and ran his hands down her arms and then slipping them around her waist.. "Well, why didn't you say so."

Hermione's eyes filled with tears as she shook her head. "You stupid prat," she cried and then flung her arms around him and pressed her lips firmly against his. "It's you," she murmured as their lips met in short frantic kisses. "It's always been you."

Her words lifted his heart as he picked her up off her feet and continued to kiss her frantically. "Hermione."

"Even if Ron was never in a coma," she pulled away so she could look directly into his eyes. "Even if we started dating right after the war, it wouldn't have worked. I still would have ended up right where I am now." She kissed him softly. "In your arms."

Harry smiled softly as he pressed his forehead against hers. "Took you long enough." Harry closed his eyes when she touched both his cheeks with her hands. "I almost gave up on you."

"Oh Harry, I'm sorry." She held his face firmly with her hands. "I finally realized it when we were dancing. I wanted to go home with you, to kiss you right in front of everyone."

"You needed to talk to Ron first," Harry said now understanding. "Where is he?"

"He's back at the party, we only talked outside on the grounds."

"Are you two okay?" he asked shifting his face so he could nuzzle her neck.

"We're fine…We both realized we were better off as friends."

Harry trailed his lips along her neck. "Does he know?"

Hermione's eyes fluttered close. "Not yet," she whispered.

"We'll have to tell him," he said as he started to walk her over to the bed.

"I know," she groaned when he ran his tongue along her skin. "Let's not…worry about that…oh god Harry, just kiss me."

Harry did as he was told as he rubbed his lips sensually against hers, sliding his tongue deep into her mouth. They tumbled onto the bed together as the kiss turned fast and desperate as they rolled together. "Hermione," he groaned as he started to work at her dress. "How do you get this bloody pink dress off!"

"Just rip the hideous thing if you have to," Hermione gasped as she started to attack the buttons of his shirt. "Hurry. Merlin, please hurry."

The sound of ripped satin filled the room as Harry pulled down the shattered material. His mouth captured her lace covered breast as Hermione bucked eagerly beneath him. He moved his mouth to her neck as he helped her shrug his shirt off his shoulders, then carelessly threw it on the floor. His hands found more material on her dress and tugged down until it finally slid off her legs. Groaning in approval, he covered her body with his and kissed her long and deep, while he rubbed his hard body against her.

"Harry," she groaned tearing her mouth away as she arched her back off the mattress. Harry frantically removed her bra with a quick flick of his fingers and then ran his mouth down her stomach as she gripped his hair firmly. She couldn't breath. It was as if the air around her grew thick and something inside her was building, bursting for release. "Please…Harry."

Harry tugged down her panties and slid them down her long slender legs. Once they were free he ran his lips up one leg then sucked her inner thigh while Hermione groaned in approval. "Bloody hell," he whispered as his eager mouth grew closer.

"Harry," Hermione cried as she tugged at his hair. "Now…please, now!"

"Not yet," he murmured and then flicked his tongue deep inside her and groaned at the taste.

Hermione let out a throaty moan as she lifted her hips to him. "Oh god, that feels good…Harry, don't stop."

He didn't stop, if anything he worked his mouth on her faster and more eagerly as he felt her whole body respond to him. It was the most sexiest thing he had ever witnessed and he couldn't believe he was sharing it with Hermione.

As soon as her orgasm hit he replaced his lips with his fingers so he could kiss and nuzzle her neck as she came down from her high. "Hermione," he whispered in her ear as he was out of breath just as much as she. He almost came himself and she didn't even touch him yet. "You okay?"

Hermione sighed dreamily as she turned her face to him. "Better than." She then suddenly pushed him back, flipping him over until he was on his back and she was looming over him. "Your turn."

Harry opened his mouth to say something, but as soon as she started to trail open mouth kisses down his chest, he couldn't do or say anything but groan. He felt her tongue swirl around his navel as her fingers worked at his fly and when she gave a little tug he only lifted his hips to oblige her. Surely this was too good to be true, he thought as he closed his eyes when he felt her lips linger dangerously to his arousal. Ginny never did this to him, although he always secretly wondered what it would be like. "Hermione," he begged as he lifted his lips. "Please…bloody hell!"

Harry gripped one hand in her hair and the other gripped the sheets as her mouth slowly covered him inch by inch. His eyes fluttered close as he collapsed his head on the pillow, getting lost in the feel of Hermione's hot mouth surrounding him and her tongue caressing him. It was too much and she was far too good at it. The night was going to be over a lot sooner if she didn't stop.

On a desperate groan he gripped her hair tighter with both hands and lifted her off. "Hermione, stop," he gasped breathlessly as she tried to pull her away.

"Not a chance," she whispered and took him into her mouth again.

Harry groaned in protest. "But I can't….I want to be inside you."

"We have all night," she whispered as she grinned at him. "What's your hurry?"

Harry watched her stare at him when she continued giving him head. "Bloody hell you win," he groaned and lifted his hips to her. "Faster…Mione, faster."

Harry placed another hand in her hair but kept it gentle as she sucked harder and moved faster on him, until he finally couldn't hold out any longer. He came long and hard as he felt his body shatter into a million pieces. Hermione trailed her mouth up his chest as he came down his high and by the time she was face to face with him he was still short of breath and his heart was racing. "Bloody hell, Hermione," he gasped. "Where'd you learn to do that?"

Hermione grinned. "I read a book about it once."

Harry let out a breathless laugh. "How come that doesn't surprise me?"

Hermione giggled as she kissed him on his mouth then placed frantic kisses all over his face. "You…are…so…cute!"

Harry groaned in a soft protest. "Easy, baby…give me a second to recover." His eyes then fluttered close and his mouth opened in a silent groan when her mouth sucked greedily at his earlobe. "Okay, I've recovered."

Hermione laughed as he rolled her on her back and welcomed the long gentle kiss as he positioned himself between her legs. She moaned when she felt his new arousal rub against his thigh. "Harry."

"Do you want me, Hermione?" he asked breathlessly as he nudged the tip between her folds. "Please say you do…I couldn't bare to stop."

Hermione sighed as she wrapped her legs around him and arched her hips up, causing him to enter her a few inches deeper. "I want you…please."

Harry leaned down and kissed her softly. "I'll be gentle," he said as he pushed his hips and sank into her slowly, inch by inch.

Hermione gasped at the unfamiliar intrusion of her body, but welcomed him full heartedly as she widened her legs. "Oh…oh god."

"I'm sorry," he murmured as he kept pushing into her. He wanted to get it over with, he hated the idea of her in such pain. "Let me…just hold on to me."

Hermione held onto him tightly as he finally pushed all the way into her. She cried out in pain, but it was almost a good kind of pain. He filled her so completely, so perfectly that the pain hardly mattered. "Harry," she whispered as she wrapped her arms around him. "You feel so right."

Harry groaned in approval as he buried his face in her hair. "You were meant for me, Hermione," he said as he moved his hips against hers, causing her to gasp in pleasure. "You always were."

Hermione's heart melted. "Kiss me, Harry," she murmured as she tilted her head to find his lips.

He met her lips and kissed her slowly as he began to move inside her. They were both learning so he took it slowly, pulling himself almost all the way out, before sliding back into her in one long stroke. He kept up with the slow pace, but her quick gasps and sudden jerks of her hips made him go faster. The pressure inside him was building and he was desperate to release it.

Harry wanted to thrust even faster, but he held himself back. It was their first time and he didn't want to hurt her. The bed squeaked as their thrusts matched in a steady rhythm. "Harry," she cried out as she tightened her legs around him, clenching her thighs. "Yes….you feel so good."

Harry groaned at the new sensation sliding into her over and over again until finally he gave one more long hard thrust before he stiffened and lost control.

Hermione gasped and bucked beneath him as her orgasm swept over her. Harry collapsed on top of her and she held him tightly lifting her hips up to him, before finally collapsing as well. Her whole body went limp and her limbs slid off him like melted butter.

Harry laid his head on her chest, smiling softly when he heard her frantic heartbeat beneath his ear. He was deadweight and pushing her into the mattress, but he didn't have the energy to move quite yet. "My crushin' you?" he mumbled as he managed to more his head up until his lips were on her neck.

Hermione sighed as she dreamily wrapped her arms around him. "Yes, and I'm loving every glorious minute of it."

Harry chuckled as he nibbled on her earlobe, then gave her neck a quick kiss before rolling off on her. They now laid side by side on their backs staring up at the ceiling. "I don't think I can move."

Hermione let out a breathless laugh. "Wow."

Harry turned her head to look at her and she did the same. "We just had sex, Hermione,"

Hermione sighed dreamily. "Yeah," she said and then rolled to him and sprawled out on his chest. "Wasn't it great?"

Harry blew out a breath as he held her close. "It sure was something else."

Hermione let out a sexy little purr as she titled her head up and nipped at his chin. "Want to do it again?"

Harry groaned out a laugh. "Mione, baby, you're going to kill me."

Hermione giggled as she kissed him all over his face. "At least…you'll die happy."

Harry smiled against her lips. "You got a point there." Harry then reached up and grabbed her face to give her a long hard kiss. "I've got a better idea."

Hermione blinked as Harry started to sit up and get out of bed. "Better than having sex?"

Harry grabbed his pants. "Okay, maybe not better but it will be fun and I'm pretty sure that it will lead to sex." He then grabbed his shirt and held it to her. "Put this on for now, it will be easier to take off then the damn dress."

Hermione sighed as she took the shirt. "Fine." She shrugged into the shirt and only bothered buttoning a few buttons. "I still say staying in bed is better."

"Trust me," he said taking her hand while silently enjoying how sexy she looked in his shirt. "It'll be fun."

Hermione followed him out of the room and had no idea what he was up to. That is until she figured out he was taking her outside in the backyard. "Swimming? You want to go swimming?"


"No, I want to go skinny dipping," he corrected as he turned and pulled her towards the pool walking backwards. "There's a difference."

"We can't go skinny dipping," she said softly as if someone was around to hear. "It's freezing out here!"

"The pools heated, Hermione." He pointed to the pool. "See the steam rising? It's going to be like a big hot bath."

Hermione had to admit, it did look rather inviting. "Well…what if Ron shows up?"

"Then he'll know about us a little sooner." Harry rolled his eyes when she hesitated. "Come on, Mione, where's your sense of adventure? Besides, if I know Luna she probably has Ron cornered by now and won't let him go for at least a few more hours."

Hermione sighed as she let him drag her closer to the pool. "I guess it sounds a little fun," she said walking into his arms when they got to the edge.

"More than a little," he said leaning down and kissing her slowly and deeply as he undid two of her buttons. "A lot of fun."

Hermione shivered as he slipped the shirt off her and the white material pooled at her feet. "Well then," she said tugging down his pants he didn't bother buttoning. "Let's hurry because I'm freezing my naked ass out here ."

Harry plucked her off her feet causing her to shriek out a laugh. "Yes mam," he said as he fell backwards into the pool bringing her down with him.

As Harry felt the hot water surround him and the feel of Hermione's naked body rub against him, he knew that this night was far from over. It was only beginning.