Unofficial Portkey Archive

While You Were Sleeping by Harrys Mistress
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

While You Were Sleeping

Harrys Mistress

Hey guys, here's the next chapter. Kind of a filler chapter…sorry. I'm kind of having trouble figuring out where I want to go next. Anyway, it's a sweet and fluffy filler so that should be good. I'll try to update the next chapter as soon as I can. Thanks again as always!

~HM

Chapter 29

The London streets were packed with frantic last minute shoppers and Harry and Hermione were among them. They held their glove covered hands as they went in and out of shops, sometimes coming out with bags and other times come out empty handed. A light snow fell, cabs and buses glided through the streets and Santa's were working corners as they rang their bell happily accepting the money that jingled for the less then privileged kids.

Harry walked up to a man dressed in a red suit, giving him instead the kind of money that folds and the Santa patted him gratefully on the back. Hermione sighed as she placed her head on his shoulders as they continued on down the street. It was a day both of them enjoyed, just being with each other without being bothered or recognized.

Harry hugged her close, brushing his lips against her hair. "Hungry?"

"Starving," she said with as she beamed up at him.

They walked into a deli, finding a cozy circular booth in the corner as they entered on opposite sides, but didn't stop scooting until they met in the middle. They ordered hot chocolate hoping it would ward off the chill from being outside. Harry's arm was propped up against the back of the booth while Hermione's snuggled against him.

"This is nice," Hermione sighed as she let herself close her eyes. "I didn't realize how bad my feet were hurting me."

"You're telling me. I've never shopped for Christmas on the muggle side. It's pretty tiring."

"My dad is going to love you for getting him that nice tool chest," Hermione said with a laugh as the waiter brought them their hot drinks.

"Yeah, maybe it's just what he needs to get the car running." Harry picked up his drink and took a sip. "Mmm, that's great."

Hermione took a sip and groaned in agreement. "Delicious. I'm hungry too, let's order soon."

"Fine by me. I need to recharge before we go ice-skating. Merilin help me."

Hermione smiled as she picked up the menu. "You conquered the source of all evil Harry, I think you can handle ice-skating."

Harry chuckled. "I guess you're right."

They took their time at lunch. They talked while they waited for their food, snuck in a few kisses here and there, and fed each other bites of their lunch. They decided to treat themselves to a slice of chocolate cream pie, laughing as Harry managed to get whip cream on his nose. Hermione brushed it off with her finger, then licked it clean before leaning in for a kiss.

After lunch they bundled back up and headed out into the cold noisy streets. Harry managed to hail down a cab to take them to Kew Gardens since it was more than a few blocks away. Harry playfully pouted the whole way, trying to convince Hermione to instead head back home to finish what they started in the kitchen.

Harry's kisses were good, but obviously not good enough to change her mind which was why Harry was now sitting on a bench putting on a pair of skates. "Can't believe I'm doing this."

Hermione laughed as she tied on her skates. "Oh stop being such a baby."

"Shut it, woman," he said playfully shoving her.

"Oh come on," Hermione laughed standing up then helped him to stand up next to her. "Let's go skate our asses off."

"Wait, speaking of asses." Harry looked around to make sure no one was looking before pulling out his wand and ran it over his butt.

"What are you doing?" Hermione laughed.

"Casting a cushioning charm," he said shoving his wand back in his coat. "Want me to do you?"

Hermione shrugged with a smile. "Sure, why not."

Harry grinned as he wrapped his hands around her, grabbed her bum and pulled her against him. He murmured the chant against her lips as his hands caressed her ass. "Sometimes, using wandless magic is so much better," he teased as he nibbled at her mouth.

Hermione laughed as she pulled away. "You're horrible."

"You love me anyway."

"Fortunately for you, I do." She sighed as she grabbed his hand. "Let's go."

They took it slow at first, staying close to the sides as they tried to get use to the uncomfortable feeling of slick shoes. They laughed as they held each other close by the arms, going a little faster once they got the hang of it. Harry moved his hand to hers so they were now only had their fingers locked as they skated around the crowded rink. People zipped by them, one of them a little too close causing Hermione to yelp and wobble as she grabbed Harry more firmly.

"Do not take me with you," Harry laughed when Hermione had slipped and was now holding onto Harry like a second lifeline.

Hermione was now laughing so hard she could barely breath. "Harry, help me," she breathed as she was holding onto his waist as her legs were flared out. "I can't get my balance."

"All right just…hold on," Harry laughed dragging her up onto her feet then trying to keep her steady. "You got it?"

"Yeah," she giggled as she balanced herself. "I think I…aahh!"

Her right leg slid out suddenly and she grabbed for Harry who was not balanced and went tumbling down on the cold ice together. "Hermione!" Harry laughed as he sat up. "I told you not to take me down with you."

"Sorry," Hermione laughed un-phased by the fall thanks to Harry's cushioning charm. "I thought I was good and I lost my concentration."

"Well come on, let's try to get up," Harry said getting on his knees then using his hands as leverage he carefully pushed himself up on his feet. "Now give me your hand…don't pull too hard or I'm going down again."

They smiled and laughed as Harry managed to get Hermione up on her feet without any slip ups. "So, having fun?"

"A blast," Hermione giggled as she straightened her pink wool cap that was shoved over her curly hair. "Let's go around a few more times, then we can go. We've had a long day."

"Long, but fun," he said lifting their joint hands and kissing her gloved fingers. "I love you."

Hermione smiled as she leaned over for a kiss. "I love you…."

Harry heard her yelp, tried to catch her but lost his balance as well and once again found them lying flat on their back staring up at the cloudy sky. Snowflakes fell down on them as Harry sighed in defeat. "I think that's enough skating, don't you?"

"Yep." Hermione said staring up at the sky.

"Great. Let's go home."

"I don't think I can move. Do you think anyone would notice if we'd apparrate from here?"

Harry chuckled. "I would imagine so."

Hermione sighed. "Dammit."

XXX

They got home close to four to find the house empty except for animals. Ron was obviously still out with Luna so Harry and Hermione went upstairs to pack for their Christmas trip to Hermione's parents house.

Hermione's closet was so organized it didn't take long for her to pack. She knew exactly what she wanted to take and thanks to magic, packed quickly and efficiently. She moved her bag to the edge of the door, leaving it open for last minute things to shove in such as her toiletries. She decided to check on Harry, knowing he would probably still be packing and clothes would be everywhere.

She walked into his room to find it empty, except for Daisy who was lying on Harry's bed which had no sheets or comforter. Daisy lifted her head and her tail thumped in delight. "Hey girl, where's dad, huh?"

"Hey," Harry walked in with a smile and an empty laundry basket. "You finished packing?"

"Yep, all ready to go," she said plopping up against his pillows that were still against the headboard. "Are you doing laundry?"

"Well, I started to pack then realized I really didn't have any clean clothes to pack." Harry grinned as he sat on the edge of the bed by her hip. "Aren't you proud?"

"Pleasantly," she said with a laugh. "Usually your clothes mysteriously find their way in my laundry pile."

Harry let out a fake frustrating sigh. "Yeah, that's crazy, isn't it?"

Hermione just shook her head hopelessly. "How many loads do you have to do?"

"Got two loads going thanks to our double washing machine. Good call on that by the way."

"Nice, isn't it?"

"Yep," He then leaned over until he loomed over her. "I got time to kill."

Hermione giggled as he started to attack her neck with kisses. "Knock it off, Ron could walk in any…hey what's this?"

Harry lifted his head to see her hand sneaking behind a pillow then felt himself blush when realized what it was. "Oh…well, that's nothing."

Hermione suppressed a grin when Harry took the teddy bear out of her hands and rolled over on his back next to her. "Doesn't look like nothing."

Harry gave a little shrug as he fiddled with the bear. "It's nothing really, I found him in the cupboard when I was packing up my stuff to leave Privet Drive for the last time. When I was little Dudley had gotten it for Christmas and hated it. He threw it away and I fished him out of the garbage when no one was looking." Harry held the bear up in a sitting position on his stomach as Hermione laid her head on his shoulder. "I named him Jack. I found him and I know it's silly, but I didn't want to leave him there."

Hermione's eyes shimmered as she reached up to touch the soft fuzzy bear. "It's not silly at all." Hermione sniffed as she snuggled closer to him. "My heart breaks for that little boy."

Harry kissed her forehead. "Don't be sad, Mione."

Hermione just smiled. "He's pretty cute."

"He looked awful when I found him, his right eye had popped out. I did a little magical fix on him and he's good as knew. I remember thinking that one day I might give it to my son our daughter."

Hermione's heart melted at the thought. "I think that's a wonderful idea."

Harry smiled and then shifted until he was on his side looming over her. "Here, why don't you hold onto it for now," he said handing Jack to her.

Hermione blushed as she smiled softly while hugging Jack to her chest. "Really?"

Harry leaned down and kissed her softly. "Really," he said pushing her hair out of her face. "I love you…I never get tired of telling you that."

"I never get tired of hearing it."

Before he could say or do anything else the sound of the front door opening had them turning their heads. "Looks like Ron's home." He looked down and smiled. "Ready to do this?"

Hermione blew out a breath as she sat up. "Yeah." Hermione carefully set Jack back down on the bed and took Harry's offered hand as he helped her to her feet. "Let's go."