Unofficial Portkey Archive

While You Were Sleeping by Harrys Mistress
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

While You Were Sleeping

Harrys Mistress

You guys I am so sorry. This next update has been so hard for me to write for some reason. I had even planned on it being longer than this, but since it's taken me so long to write even this, I wanted to go ahead and post it. I know how everything is going to turn out in my head, but these past few weeks my brain has been jelly! I'm really, really sorry for the long wait, and I will try my best to get the next update up a lot sooner. Hopefully this one will tie you over for awhile. Thanks for your patience and understanding!

Chapter 19

As soon as they both recovered from the shock, they sprang up frantically from the couch as they tried to get their clothes situated. "Harry, go answer the door," Hermione whispered frantically as she tried to readjust her bra. Harry took off towards the door, but Hermione stopped him. "Harry!"

"What?" he asked as he spun back around.

"For the love of Merlin, put your shirt on," she said throwing the crumpled shirt at him.

He caught it just before it could hit his face. "Oh. Right."

"Hurry," she said as she tried to straighten out her rumpled clothes. She was far less dressed then Harry and her whole body was still flushed from Harry's heavy petting.

Harry ran to the door, buttoning up his fly as he went, then took one last calming breath before finally opened the door. "George, Fred."

"Didn't you hear us?" they both asked at the same time.

"N-no, not at first," he said as Hermione ran up behind him breathlessly. "Is he really awake?"

"Yes, and he's asking for the both of you."

"So you two hurry it up."

Both the twins grabbed them, pulling them out of the house before either of them could say another word.

XXX

"Where are they?" Ron asked sitting up in his bed while his family filled his small hospital room.

"Fred and George are getting them," Molly said as she fluffed the pillows behind him, tears still present in her eyes. "Are you sure you're okay, Ron? Do you need anything?"

"Mum, I'm fine," he said softly grabbing her hand. "I feel like I just woke up from a very, very, long nap."

Just then the door opened and Hermione rushed inside, with Harry close behind her. "Ron," she said going straight to his side. "Oh, Ron."

"Hermione!" he exclaimed embracing her hug. "You're okay? Are you okay?"

"I-I'm fine thanks to you," she sniffed as she leaned back. "Are you feeling okay?"

"I feel fine," he said with a smile and then turned to Harry. "Man, am I glad to see you, mate."

Harry grinned and then walked over to give his friend a hug. "Same goes."

"If you're here, then that can only mean that he's no longer around."

"That's right," he said giving him a small smile as he tried not to get all mush. "I couldn't have done it without you or Hermione."

"We'll give you three some privacy," Molly said then assured the rest of the family away.

"I have to go back to school," Ginny said as she made her way back to Ron. "I'm so glad you are awake."

Ron gave his little sister a hug. "Thanks, Gin, see you later."

"Bye," she said giving Hermione and Harry a quick smile and nod before walking out.

"Okay, so Ginny is in school," Ron said looking up at them. "That means I've at least been out all summer."

"Y-You don't know how long you've been asleep?" Hermione asked who was now sitting on the edge of the bed by his hip.

"No one really had the time to tell me," he said looking at her, then up at Harry who was standing behind Hermione. "So…how long?"

Harry shoved his hands in his trousers as he gave his friend a apologetic look. "It's the first week of November, mate."

Ron's jaw dropped. "Blimey," he said as he blew out a breath. "I know it was awhile, but…bloody hell."

"Oh Ron, I'm so sorry," she said grabbing his hand. "I was just here. You…I talked to you, but you didn't show any sign of waking up."

"Really?" Ron asked. "You were here?"

"Not even an hour ago."

"Was anyone in the room when you woke up?" Harry wanted to know.

The corner of Ron's mouth lifted. "It was the funniest thing," he said shaking his head slowly. "It was like all my senses came to me one at a time. First I felt someone holding my hand, I didn't know who, but it felt warm…then I started to smell a flowery scent which came from the flowers people had left me, then I smelled a hint of vanilla. Then I heard it."


"Heard what?" Hermione asked.

"Someone was singing 'Weasley is our King' and I felt myself smile and finally was able to open my eyes." He let out a chuckle and shook his head. "It was Luna."

Hermione gasped as she placed a hand over her mouth and Harry had to fight back a smile. "Luna?" Harry asked in amusement.

"But she's at school," Hermione said.

"She must have asked permission to come see me."

Harry couldn't help but laugh. "Waking up to a song about you." He shook his head. "Typical."

Ron just shrugged and let out a laugh while Hermione was silent. "So, enough about me I've been in a coma there isn't much else to say. What have you two been doing?"

Harry caught Hermione's eye and tried not to think about what they had been doing on their couch not too long ago. "Er…we uh…" He finally looked over at Ron. "I got a house. For the three of us."

Ron's brows lifted. "A house?"

"Yeah," Hermione said softly. "We've been living there getting it fixed up for you. At first we left your room alone, but then decided to go ahead and furnish it so when you woke up you could move in right away."

"The three of us?" Ron asked with a grin.

"Yep, it's a big house out in the country," Harry said rocking back on his heels. "We have a pool and everything."

"Oh, and Daisy!" Hermione exclaimed. "We got a dog."

"No way, really?" Ron asked with excitement. "I've always wanted a dog."

"She's great," Harry said. "You'll love her."

"Well, what else has been going on?" Ron asked anxiously. "I've missed months and months, you have to fill me in."

Harry and Hermione spent the next half hour filling him in on everything that had been going on. Hermione told him all about her new bookstore, while Harry went on about him playing for the Chudley Cannons. Ron was very excited that Harry chose his favorite team to play.

"I had better offers from other teams," Harry said. "But in honor of you I refused to play for anyone except the Cannons."

"Good choice, mate," Ron said practically beaming. "I can't wait to meet this Maggie, she sounds pretty scary."

"She and Neville are never apart," Hermione said laughing. "They're very sweet."

"Well, it looks like the two of you have been busy," Ron said leaning back with a sigh. "I can't wait to get out of here so I can get on with my life."

"When can you leave?" Hermione asked.

"Actually, I can leave tonight," he said with such excitement he looked ready to jump out of his skin. "My healer has to give me one more look over and then I can go."

"Well, we'll wait," Hermione said with a smile. "And we can take you home."

"I'll have to stop by the Burrow and grab my things, but yeah…I'd like to move in right away."

"Sure Ron," Hermione said with a smile. "No problem. We both can't wait till you see it. It was always a little empty without you."

Ron blushed as he looked down at his lap. "Thanks, Hermione." He then looked up at her, staring at her for awhile before clearing his throat and looked over at Harry. "Hey mate, could you do me a favor mate, and see about getting me a glass of water."

Harry wasn't an idiot, he knew Ron's first priority was a glass of water. Harry saw the way he looked at Hermione, and it was a look that he wasn't at all pleased with. Just what was going to happen now that Ron was awake? Was what happened on the couch going to be a mistake again? Was Hermione going to go off with Ron now? They haven't even had a chance to talk about what happened on the couch.

Harry forced a smile. "Sure Ron. I'll see what I can do." He looked over at Hermione who caught his eye for a second, before looking away, but not fast enough for him not to notice the blush creeping up in her cheeks. "I'll be back in a bit."

Harry turned and left the room, leaving Ron and Hermione alone together for the first time in months.