Unofficial Portkey Archive

While You Were Sleeping by Harrys Mistress
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

While You Were Sleeping

Harrys Mistress

Okay guys here's another update. Once again I was by myself at work and was able to write more. It's mostly a Ginny and Draco chapter, but it's still good fun. The next chapter will be worth waiting for that's all I'm saying. Enjoy!!

Chapter 24

Draco Malfoy was miserable. If he had to shake one more hand or give one more bloody smile to complete strangers, he was going to scream. Draco looked at his watch and sighed. Had it really only been fifteen minutes? That meant he had to endure this torture for at least three more hours.

To make matters even worse, he had to spend the evening looking at Ginny Weasley from afar at the arm of another man. He didn't know who the other guy was, probably some tool from school, but he was standing way too close to Ginny as far as he was concerned and if the bloody git moved his hand even an inch below her waist he was raising hell.

He should be the one by her side, but that wasn't going to happen as long as their relationship remained a secret. At first that was what he wanted, but now he was getting tired of the sneaking around. During the semester, they had only gotten together a few times, twice during her Hogsmead visits in which he got a room at the inn. She only had a few hours until she had to return to school, so they took advantage of every second.

The first time he attacked her before she even stepped into the room. He backed her against the door and didn't even have the patience to undress her completely as he took her like a mad man. It had been so long since he had her he couldn't control himself. When they were both spent, she had looked up at him with a lazy smile as she let out the sexiest moan and said, "I missed you, too."

Draco looked at her now, standing by the idiot she called "her date" as they talked with Ron and Hermione. Her first night back for Christmas break, she had come to him in the middle of the night waking him up as she crawled next to him completely naked. It had been over a month since he was able to be with her so it was a very pleasant surprise.

He wanted her so bad. All the time day and night and it was something he couldn't shake off. He tried to, every time he took her he thought maybe if he had her one last time it would be enough, but it never was. Each time only made him want her more and he was just starting to accept the fact that the want was never going away. He always thought he'd never settle down, he'd enjoy a different girl every night, but he knew that no girl could compare to Ginny. It was Ginny he wanted and it was Ginny he would have whether she liked it or not. He'd kidnap her and take her to Timbuktu if he had to.

"Having fun?"

Draco turned to see Harry Potter standing by him with a drink in both hands. "Does it look like I'm having fun?"

"Just about as much fun I'm having." He handed him the other drink. "This is for my date, but you look like you could use it more."

Draco took the drink. "You didn't poison it did you?"

Harry laughed. "Maybe, guess you're going to have to trust me."

Draco smirked and then took a long sip of the firewhiskey. "I didn't realize how much I needed a stiff drink."

"You looked pretty miserable," Harry said taking a drink out of his own. "Plus you looked like you were staring someone down but I couldn't really make out the poor sap who was at the end of it."

"No one important," Draco mumbled.

"I've been on the end of that stare before, Malfoy. It's obviously someone you hate."

"Why are you talking to me, Potter?"

Harry shrugged. "I guess out of all these people I know you won't treat me like I'm some fucking hero." He took another long drink. "You won't give me any bull shit."

"You're damn right I won't." He then let out a laugh. "You know, I use to think you actually enjoyed all this attention."

"Shows you how little you know." Harry scowled as he looked out into the crowd. "I fucking hate it."

"I can see that." Draco joined him in the scowling. "I hate parties."

"I wouldn't really call this a party," Harry muttered. "I don't mind parties with close friends. This is a ball. I hate balls." Harry shook his head. "I better go get another drink and bring it to Luna."

"Luna?" Draco lifted his brows. "Luna Lovegood?"

Harry chuckled. "The one and only. She's dancing with Mr. Weasley over there, who seems to have already had one too many."

"So, you're with Luna now?" Draco asked.

"No, we're just friends," Harry said as he watched Mr. Weasley twirl her around the floor. "It's kind of a long story, but we each wish we were with someone else."

Draco's smile dropped as he studied Harry who was looking over where Ginny who was now talking with Hermione. "So…you still like Red?"

"Huh?" Harry asked looking at him.

Crap! Did he just say Red? Way to go Malfoy! "Uhh…Ginny, I mean do you still like Ginny?"

"Ginny? No, not Ginny." Harry narrowed his eyes at him. "What did you call her?"

"What?" Draco asked as casually as possible. "I didn't call her anything."

"You called her Red."

"No, I didn't," he said a little too quickly. "You heard me wrong, Potter."

Harry stared at him and then to Draco's surprise he started to smile, then started to laugh. "It's you," Harry said as he continued to laugh.

"What?!"

"You're the mysterious guy."

"You're talking crazy, Potter."

"You're sleeping with, Ginny."

Draco chocked on his drink, which caused Harry to laugh even harder. "Bloody hell, Harry, are you crazy?"

Harry cleared his throat as he tried to control his laughter, but again he started to slip. "Man, Ron's going to kill you."

"Yes, the whole Weasley clan is probably going to kill me," Draco hissed. "I'm well aware of that, and I'm a little shocked that you aren't trying to kill me."

"Me?" Harry asked smiling. "Why? I don't like Ginny that way anymore, I honestly don't think I ever did."

Draco blew out a breath. "You're lucky, because she's driving me absolutely crazy."

Harry grinned. "Really? That's fantastic."

"Shut up, Potter," Malfoy snapped. "Enough of me, on to you. If not Ginny, and thank Merlin for that because I'd have to kill you…if not Ginny, than who are you pining for?"

"Pining for?" Harry snorted as he took a sip. "I don't pine."

"It's Granger isn't?"

Harry finished off his drink in one long chug and then sighed as he looked at his empty glass. "Yup. I need another drink."

Draco laughed as he watched Harry walked off. "Good chatting with you, Potter." Harry replied by subtly showing him that special finger which caused him to laugh even more. If Draco didn't know any better, he'd say that him and Potter had just become friends. "Hell has officially frozen over."

XXX

Harry got a couple of drinks from the bar then headed back towards the table where everyone was sitting at. "Here you go, Luna," Harry said setting the drink in front of her.

"Thanks," she said with a smile as Harry sat next to him.

"We saw you talking to Malfoy," Ron said who was sitting two seats down from him at the circular table.

"Okay…so?"

"You two looked awfully chummy."

Harry laughed. "Aww, I think Ronniekins is jealous of Malfoy. Don't worry Ron, you're still my number one mate."

"Oh sodd off," Ron said with a roll of his eyes as he took a sip of his butterbeer.

"What did you two talk about?"

Harry turned over to Ginny who was sitting right across from him. Her date was sitting next to her, practically drooling as he stared dreamily at Ginny. "Oh you know….stuff." He then grinned and winked at Ginny as he took a sip of his drink.

Ginny may not be as smart as Hermione, but she certainly was not an idiot. She knew right away that he knew and the look on her face was priceless. She turned almost as red as her hair and her mouth turned into a firm frown. "Excuse me a moment," Ginny said stiffly as she got up from her seat and sauntered off.

"What was that all about?" Hermione asked looking at Harry for answers.

Harry shrugged. "Beats me." He then stood up from his chair and took Luna's hand. "Dance?"

Luna beamed. "Sure."

Harry gave the rest of the table a nod. "See you guys later."

"Well," Harry said once they were dancing. "I think things are going swimmingly for you, Luna."

Luna didn't look too convinced. "I guess," she said looking down at their feet.

"Hey," Harry said softly as he tilted her chin back up. "I know Ron better than almost anyone and I know how he acts when he likes a girl. He can't keep his eyes off of you, Luna. I've been watching."

Harry saw a glimmer of hope as she looked up at him. "Really?"

"Absolutely," he said with a grin. "He's staring at you right now. See?"

Luna yelped as he suddenly dipped her backwards and Luna saw Ron upside down looking right at her. Luna was laughing as he pulled her back up. "I guess you're right," Luna said breathlessly. "Ron wasn't the only one staring."

"Oh, believe me I noticed," Harry said with a wink, then twirled her out and back in. "I've been watching Hermione, too."

XXX

As soon as Draco made eye contact with Ginny from across the room, he could tell by the death glares that she was not happy with him. Draco had a feeling that Potter called Ginny out on it and he wanted to be mad with him, but a part of him was glad Potter did so. Maybe now their relationship can start getting exposed. He'd be up for that, it wouldn't be pretty at first but he could handle it.

Ginny glared at him then firmly nodded her head towards the opening doors of the terrace. He got her message loud and clear. Follow me.

Gladly. Draco grinned as he made his way through the crowd, keeping his head down so no one would approach him. He walked out onto the balcony where a few groups and couples lingered here and there. He found her waiting for him by the steps and as soon as he saw her she walked down the steps towards the gardens.

Draco followed her at a safe distance, making sure no one was watching him. Fortunately, everyone was too busy drinking or snogging close by to notice. He followed her down the path of the gardens lit only by moonlight and Ginny kept walking until they were at a safe distance away.

She finally stopped in between two hedges and whirled angrily around at him. "Just what do you think you are doing?"

"What?"

"You know what," Ginny said poking him in the chest. "Going off and bragging to Harry that you shagged me. You trying to make him jealous or something?"

"Is that what he said I did?"

"Well…n-no, not exactly," she said with a huff. "But I could by his stupid grin that he knew about us."

"And did he seem jealous?" he asked as he crossed his arm over his chest.

Ginny sighed. "No, he looked amused but that's not the point. You had no business telling him that you and I…"

"Bloody hell, I didn't blurt it out Ginny!" he yelled for the first time. "I accidentally…"

Ginny put her hands on her hips. "You accidentally what?"

Draco shoved his hands in his robes and scowled at the ground. "I called you Red."

Ginny gave him a weird look. "Come again?"

"I accidentally called you, Red, all right? I tried to play it off but I failed miserably and Harry figured it out." Draco scowled again as he kicked the gravel rocks from the path. "He started to laugh."

"Laugh?"

"Yeah." Draco let out a harsh laugh as he shook his head. "The little shit saw right through me."

"And are you mad he knows?"

Draco looked at her. "No. In fact I'm glad someone knows."

"You are?"

"Yeah," he said softly and then pulled her against him and kissed her long and hard. "Come by my room after the party." He moaned as he kissed her again. "Hell, lets' just skip the party, that idiot date of yours won't even notice."

Ginny smiled against his mouth as she wrapped her arms around him. "Or you could just take me right here…under the stars."

"With complete strangers a few feet away?" Draco chuckled. "I don't think so." Draco moved his mouth to her neck as his hands found her breasts causing her to shiver. "Besides, I want to take my time with you. Really make love with you for the first time."

Ginny's heart leapt in her throat. "Draco," she gasped as she held on tight. "I don't want to keep this a secret anymore."

Draco grinned as he nipped at her bottom lip. "That's good to hear. Whenever you're ready we can tell your family."

"Not tonight."

"Okay." He placed his forehead on hers.

"But soon."

Draco pulled away and plucked a red rose that was near by then kissed her as he handed it to her. "Okay."