Unofficial Portkey Archive

While You Were Sleeping by Harrys Mistress
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

While You Were Sleeping

Harrys Mistress

Hey guys! Sorry It's taken me awhile to update. I've been out of town, plus I got sick this weekend, but I feel much better! Here's a little bit of an update. It's a D/G chapter, I needed to do a little snippet of them real quick, but don't worry. More H/Hr is not far ahead! Enjoy!!

p.s. I'm getting a new kitten tomorrow! He's a cute black and white cat and he has green eyes! I'm naming him Harry!

Chapter 8

"Can you believe school starts in two months?" Luna asked her good friend as they slid into the booth in the Leaky Cauldron.

"Summer is already flying," Ginny said as she shrugged off her cloak. "I'm glad you owled me, I haven't seen you since school."

"You're one of my closest friends, Ginny," Luna said and then sighed. "Of course I don't have many friends, but the ones I do have I care about. I wanted to see how you and your family were doing."

"We're hanging in there," she said giving her a small smile. "The twins are keeping me busy. I've been helping out there all summer." The waitress came up and Luna and her both ordered butterbeers. "Anyway, we make a habit out of visiting Ron every chance we get. Mum's up there every day."

"He'll wake up," she said firmly. "I just can't see Ron giving up that easily."

"Me either." She shook her head. "I just can't imagine a life without him."

"Then don't," she said as the waitress put down their drinks. "Imagine what it will be like once he does wake up. Because he will, Ginny, it's just a matter of time."

"You sound so sure," Ginny said.

Luna shrugged. "You have to have a little faith. Now that Harry defeated Voldemort, faith is everywhere, don't you think?"

Ginny felt her heart drop at the mention of Harry. "I guess."

"Speaking of Harry, I ran into him and Hermione the other day."

Ginny looked up. "You did? Where? When?"

"In Diagon Alley a few days ago." Luna took a satisfying sip of her drink. "They were furniture shopping for their new house."

"New house?" Ginny asked as she set her drink down. "They…they're living together?"

"Yes, you didn't know? Harry bought a house in the country somewhere. A three bedroom, they are even setting up a room for Ron when he wakes up, isn't that nice?"

"Yes," she said staring at the table as she imagined Harry and Hermione living together in the same house. Waking up every morning and sharing breakfast, sitting on the couch together as they watched that telly muggle thingy or goofing off in the kitchen. She wanted that with Harry. So much.

"Ginny, are you all right?"

"Hmmm? Oh, yes. Sorry. That's great, really great."

Ginny didn't sound too convincing, but Luna decided to drop it. She had figured it was probably Harry that was making her act this way, afterall she knew their relationship was over. She just hoped Ginny found someone else soon to help her get over Harry, because Luna always believed that eventually Harry would wake up and realize how perfect Hermione was for him. "Well, I need to go to the loo," Luna said finally as she scooted out. "I'll be back in a bit."

Alone now, Ginny couldn't help but wonder about Harry and Hermione. Was there something going on between them? They had always been close and Ginny always assumed it was just a connection between good friends, but maybe it was something more.

"Hey, Red."

Ginny gasped at the intrusion of her thoughts and looked up to see Draco standing at her table. "You scared me to death."

"Seem to do that a lot, don't I?" he asked with a smirk. "First time you were too busy talking to yourself and this time you looked a million miles away."

Ginny gave him a nervous smile. "Sorry. Have a lot on my mind."

"I see," he said sitting down in one of the empty chairs at the table. "Anything in particular?"

She shrugged. "A lot of things all mulded together, actually. Ron still hasn't woken up."

"I know," he said frowning. "I try to floo the hospitol when I can to check on his progress."

Ginny blinked. "You do?"

Draco lifted a brow. "That so hard to believe?"

"Well, you and my brother have never been on good terms," she pointed out. "Even when we discovered you were on our side, which by the way, Ron never truly believed you."

"No, he didn't. Can't blame them though after the things I did." Draco leaned forward folding his arms on the table. "Did you believe me?"

Ginny cocked her head to the side as she studied him. He really was quite attractive, she had always thought so, especially since he had the whole bad boy image going for him. What kind of kisser would he be? Would he be rough and demanding or soft and gentle? Maybe a little bit of both. Or would he be…

"Hello…earth to Ginny…I'm losing you again."

Ginny shook her head as she jumped in her seat. "Oh…sorry…er…yes…to answer your question, yes…I believed you."

"Oh? Why is that?"

"Can't really say," she said giving him a smile as she took a sip of her drink. "Why are you here by the way? Hot date?"

"If I had a hot date do you think I would be over here talking to you?" he asked with a smug look on his face as he leaned back in his chair.

She scowled. "You could be meeting her here and she hasn't arrived yet."

"Could be," he said with a grin. "But no…I'm meeting your father actually."

Ginny's jaw dropped. "My father?"

"Yep. Turns out your father is in charge of the ball." Draco rolled his eyes. "A ball to honor the great Harry Potter and all the heroes of the war. The Ministry is setting it up. They want me to host it at the Malfoy manor."

"And you are agreeing to do it?" she asked.

"Might as well," he said with a shrug. "Now that I own the manor and my father is long gone, I call the shots."

"I see. And when will this ball take place?"

"I believe sometime during Christmas break. So everyone, including Hogwarts students since many of them helped during the war, can attend. Better find a date, Red. You don't want to show up dateless do you?"

Ginny lifted her chin. "Do you think it will be difficult for me to find one?"

Draco snorted. "No, I suppose not. You could always call on Harry, he'd be sure to follow you wherever you wanted."

Ginny's expression fell and she looked down at the table. "Don't be so sure of that, Draco, Harry and I are no longer together."

Hearing this shocked and surprisingly pleased him. "Really? You dump him, Red?"

"Other way around actually and must you call me that?"

"It suits you so well," he said quickly as he leaned forward in his chair shaking his head. "Let me get this straight. Harry...dumped you?"

"Yes," she said through clenched teeth. "Can we not talk about it please?"

"What is he stupid?"

"Look, I really don't….wait what?"

"I said is he stupid?" Draco shook his head. "I mean, you must know that you're gorgeous, Red."

Ginny felt herself flush at his words and tore her eyes away. "Apparently not gorgeous enough for, Harry." She sighed and then looked at him with a wary expression. "Do you think I'm prettier than Hermione?"

"What?" he asked confused. "Hermione? Well, I have to admit, Granger sure has come along way from the bushy hair and buck teeth, but sure…I think you're prettier than Granger. Why? What brought this on?"

"Nothing," she said trying to sound innocent. "I just…"

"Oooh, I get it," he said with a grin. "You think Harry fancies Hermione?"

"Don't be ridiculous," Ginny snapped. "He couldn't possibly?"

"Why not?" he asked still grinning. "I may think you're prettier than Hermione, but she's far from ugly. Her body's filled out rather nice, don't you think?"

"I don't want to hear this," she snapped as she turned her body away from him.

"Aww, don't be that way, Red," he said leaning closer to her and looked her up and down. "You're not so bad yourself."

"It doesn't matter, Hermione fancies Ron."

"Ron?" he said with a laugh. "Ron and Hermione? Talk about a match made in hell."

"I think they would be perfect for each other."


"Of course you would," he said with a laugh as he got up and then leaned over her so his mouth was at her ear. "If Ron was with Hermione, then your chances with Harry would improve, am I right?"

Ginny's jaw dropped. "Why you little…"

"Oh look, your father just walked in," he said leaning back up and then gave a wink. "Don't be a stranger, Red."

Not a second later after he left, Luna happily sat back down at the table. "What I miss?"

"Took you long enough."

"Oh, I was done a long time ago," she said dreamily. "I saw you talking with Draco and I didn't want to interrupt. I think you should shag him."


Ginny choked on her drink and stared stupidly at Luna. "W-What? Are you mad?"

"No, I don't think so," she said pondering over it. "I just think it would be a good thing to get over Harry. I'm not saying you should marry the guy, just have a fling. Would be kind of fun wouldn't it?"

"I…don't know," she said and then looked over to the table where her father was talking with Draco. He must have sensed her looking at him, because his eyes shifted to hers and when they locked her stomach dropped. The image of them both falling on the bed together, lips locked and clothes flying flashed through her mind and her whole body trembled.

Maybe Luna wasn't so mad after all.